Discuss Scratch

BlueNoodle29
Scratcher
100+ posts

Folders for projects in mystuff

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

-snip-

In the future, please use -snip- when quoting something incredibly long. Thanks!

Last edited by BlueNoodle29 (Aug. 6, 2020 13:45:54)

This is my signature. It automatically shows up when you see my post!

Please play my first ever roblox game!

371 posts!

There are two secrets to great success in life.
1) Never share all you know.
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

rev_dude wrote:

Greeting fellow scratchers,
Are you the kind of person who likes to stay super organized when it comes to your files. I certainly am. I feel that scratch and scratchers could benefit from having the ability to add folders to the my projects screen. I know there is the few categories now of All, Shared, Unshared, and Studios, but the screen would be easier if we could create our own subfolders. This would be very useful for scratchers who like to work on a whole bunch of projects on and off, and don't like to delete old versions of projects. With folders you could group all versions of a project together where you could easily find them, or make a folder for similar projects(i.e. A folder for all your remixes). There could be a button by the New Project button that would create a new folder, then you could name it in a dialog box that pops up, and/or name it by right clicking.
Thanks for considering my idea,
rev_dude

+1 Support.

Last edited by NFlex23 (Sept. 17, 2021 21:25:51)

Help improve the Advanced Topics (Really!)
Before you create a topic:
Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
  • Issues with Scratch itself should be put in Bugs and Glitches.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BlueNoodle29 wrote:

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

-snip-

In the future, please use -snip- when quoting something incredibly long. Thanks!

it wasn't that long

BlueNoodle29
Scratcher
100+ posts

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

BlueNoodle29 wrote:

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

-snip-

it wasn't that long

I don't mean to get off topic here, but it was pretty long. It's off topic though, so let's drop it.

Last edited by BlueNoodle29 (Aug. 6, 2020 17:31:46)

This is my signature. It automatically shows up when you see my post!

Please play my first ever roblox game!

371 posts!

There are two secrets to great success in life.
1) Never share all you know.
_ReykjaviK_
Scratcher
500+ posts

Cool idea. Support. This would help organize things.

have a good day
MeIzAwezomeDede
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump because of a dupe

Nothing to see here
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

+1

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
DanTheScratchCrafter
Scratcher
100+ posts

Paddle2See wrote:

I like it! Perhaps we could use the existing Studio structure - but just allow unshared projects to be inserted in them. They would only be visible to the project author.

I do think we need more ways to group projects - both shared and unshared. I'd like to be able to nest studios inside each other, for instance.

What I can see from this is private studios for group projects (or close friends !), or essentially a personal notepad-unfinished “folder” (seeing as how you can also comment in studios.) which would be amazing

lovecodeabc
Scratcher
1000+ posts

+1. I have 154 projects & I want to catagorize them, making it VERY easy to find projects. support

Highlight + Ctrl + Shift + down to see full sig

Check out my thingymagings!
Click on them to go to them

Google
© 2019 - 2023 lovecodeabc. All Rights Reserved under Title 17 of the United States Code, and especialy under Section 101-513. Unauthorized Use Prohibited, except under 17 USC § 107, Fair Use. cease and desist letters go brrrrrrr
Uh oh, did the kumquats come again?

Click here!!!OR ELSE I WILL EAT YOUR COOKIESSSSSSSSSSSSSS AND ALSO MAYBE YOUR MOM, WHO KNOWS??

;
dominic305
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support

This is my signature, it appears below all of my posts.
Certified Tech Nerd
I make technical projects here on Scratch, but I also know C++ and Java.

I’m still here, I just don’t do much
Insanyngame
Scratcher
10 posts

OogiemasterReturns wrote:

SUPPORT. SO MUCH SUPPORT.

Would we be able to have folders on our profile, too? Like, if you made some projects that were part of a series, or all had the same topic, would you be able to have them in a public folder that your followers/page-viewers/whatever could see, and use to find those projects, kind of like how playlists work on YouTube?
support the both

define Insanyngame
The programmer of Hard Disk Breakers
MDCCCLXVII
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump
jmehta8734
Scratcher
5 posts

support
I also like the idea of having folders in studios

Last edited by jmehta8734 (Jan. 27, 2021 02:12:50)

PATSATDAT
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bring up my post
mitdk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support, this would really help organize the my stuff page, and maybe you could even create a ‘Junk’ folder for stuff you don't want to delete but don't want to work on.
samq64
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I support this because I have a lot of old projects I still want to access occasionally, but they're hard to find beacuse I have to scroll through 100 projects.

Last edited by samq64 (April 27, 2021 22:39:14)

TheClaw7654
Scratcher
500+ posts

repeat (MASSIVE)
SUPPORT IT HEP FOR SORTING
end

I don't use Scratch that much anymore

If you see a forum topic of mine that was made in 2021, let me know ASAP so I can close it
CLICK TO JOIN SMEOWDERMAN CULT TODAY!!!

Omg!!! You're an evil kumquat!! To prove you are not an evil kumquat, please give me an Internet.

Cursed script jumpscare

say [foo v] :: operators :: hat
delete clone of [myself v] :: custom
switch costume to <existing?:: motion> :: control
when I start as a [clone v] :: sound :: cap

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<ULTRA BOOLEAN :: #fa0255> :: #fa02ac> :: #fa02ee> :: #d902fa> :: #6502fa> :: #024dfa> :: #02cdfa> :: #02fa93> :: #02fa0b> :: #a3fa02> :: #e1fa02> :: #fac002> :: #fa7a02> :: #fa3402> :: #fa0202> :: #fa0202

Here are my mighty anti-kumquat warriors:
you may need to use shift+right
<<<<<*-_-*::#c9b16d>::operators>::operators>::operators>::operators>::operators>//This is Brucie! He has mighty cards as his weapon.
(_(_(_(_(_)_)_)_)_)// And this is Morsie! He doesn't do much, but he distracts kumquats with his unique Beepolese language.

MDCCCLXVII
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheClaw7654 wrote:

repeat (MASSIVE)
SUPPORT IT HEP FOR SORTING
end
Please be constructive on why you support. Also, instead of block-spamming, you can go to the [scratchblocks] testing topic to try out the [scratchblocks] plugin.
kccuber
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PoIygon wrote:

removed
That got shut down quickly the last time someone did it.

Made using Nord Theme & Inkscape
VeryFamus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Completely agree! I had actually accidentally made a duplicate of this, that’s how much I agree lol

some know me as the guy who only posted in suggestions
i have returned once more

Lamp oil, rope, bombs. You want it? It’s yours my friend. As long as you have enough rupies.