Discuss Scratch

TheUltimatum
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Folders for projects in mystuff

This would be an awesome idea! I also support an entire linux command prompt in the my stuff area. So we cand do things like:
chmod +x coolproject9000.sb2
or
rm -f coolproject9001.sb2
etc.
warriorsXD
Scratcher
6 posts

Yes. THAT WOULD BE SO HELPFUL!!!!!!!!
Carriage
Scratcher
500+ posts

Full support!

Please refer to me as Carry
My website

❝Life is like a tower. Remove one block and the whole thing comes tumbling down. — Carriage
Hey! Carry here. I’m 11, a girl, and I love making animations. Don’t forget to visit my profile! See you soon!
Scratch! :: #00EDFF
Imagine, :: #FF0000
Program, :: #FFFF00
Share :: #00E300
avarshney1
Scratcher
100+ posts

Full support

Hi! To get to know me (us), the best thing would be to check this out!!
if <((2) + (2)) = [4]> then
say [IT IS DA END OF THE WORLD!!!!]
play sound [lame spooky music]
end
PintOfMilk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

avarshney1 wrote:

Full support
^

Does n!+1=m^2 have interger solutions apart from n=4,5,7?
Charles12310
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I am supporting this because it can help organize projects well.

Now, before you go on to say, “Not supporting because you can just make a studio with the said category,” this would not be useful if you have many more studios that you created and curated to. This would be fixed if searching things in “My Stuff” was added. Even though you can use F5, it still requires clicking “Load More”.

A few internet communication companies want to corrupt the internet by getting rid of net neutrality. Stop Them!
GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

S-U-P-P-O-R-T. That spells support!

i made a project inspector!! https://project-inspector.pages.dev/
i made this online agenda: https://ejenda.org

i helped make this site: https://umassmakers.cloud/
iforgotmyrandomname
Scratcher
47 posts

Duplicate.

No, my signature did not get eaten by an evil kumquat. Well, you see, it er… um… Let's see, how should I say it…

It got eaten by a kumquat.
BunnyMan64
Scratcher
8 posts

support
YourBoiMicro
Scratcher
11 posts

support!

when I receive [wake up v]
forever
keep on sleeping
end

Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support! If you have a series of games, you could keep them all organized!

A few questions:
Would there be a limit to how many you can have? If so, would it only be 1 folder?

biran4454
Scratcher
15 posts

I agree! Absolutely.
I also think there should be folders for sprites, scripts, costumes, and backdrops.
ZappyBarbecue10
Scratcher
20 posts

rev_dude wrote:

Greeting fellow scratchers,
Are you the kind of person who likes to stay super organized when it comes to your files. I certainly am. I feel that scratch and scratchers could benefit from having the ability to add folders to the my projects screen. I know there is the few categories now of All, Shared, Unshared, and Studios, but the screen would be easier if we could create our own subfolders. This would be very useful for scratchers who like to work on a whole bunch of projects on and off, and don't like to delete old versions of projects. With folders you could group all versions of a project together where you could easily find them, or make a folder for similar projects(i.e. A folder for all your remixes). There could be a button by the New Project button that would create a new folder, then you could name it in a dialog box that pops up, and/or name it by right clicking.
Thanks for considering my idea,
rev_dude
Support!
dodomushi
Scratcher
3 posts

Yes, I really need this! But this thread is more than 2 years old. So looks like nothing is being done about it?
Bluekitty2001
New to Scratch
6 posts

Yes, This is a great idea. I am a public librarian who does workshops with kids. The library has a studio that all the kids add their projects to. Some kids make a lot of projects. Anyway the long and the short of it is that the Library Studio is so full I can't hardly find a specific project to help the kids with their code etc…

Anyway, Folders or some way to organize the projects inside a studio YES !
dcoopersmith
Scratcher
1 post

I love Scratch! So first let me apologize that my first post is a complaint, and not only that but a response to a thread that hasn't seen a post in several years. But, I'm quite surprised we don't yet have Scratch folders. I totally support Folders for shared and unshared projects. As a Computer Science teacher and avid user of Scratch with my students, it's so frustrating when I can't find the project I want to reference, and I want to keep it unshared so my students don't “look ahead” to see how to engineer the thing we're trying to build.

So, yes, please, please, please add folders Pretty please.
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Not necroposting, I'm just bumping this because I support this idea and I want people to discuss it.

This is a really nice idea, in my opinion. It could really help people sort their projects.

Hey there! My name is Nammy. I'm a male Forum Helper and Scratch Wiki Editor.
Profile | Test Account | Talk with me here! | Griffpatch is quitting Scratch?!
XretroperX
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support, but could you not do the same thing with studios? As in, put projects in studios only you manage, and have different studios as folders? Would explain why the ST isn't doing anything.

Hey. This is a signature.
I'm semi-active ig

I don't know what to put here.
Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

XretroperX wrote:

Support, but could you not do the same thing with studios? As in, put projects in studios only you manage, and have different studios as folders? Would explain why the ST isn't doing anything.
oh yeah that actually makes sense

vrie
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support. This would be so useful, I have a load of unshared and untitled projects, folders would be amazing