Discuss Scratch

Bacteria999
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Folders for projects in mystuff

Support, but you can simply download your projects and organize them into folders on your computer, and when you need to use them, import them into the editor.
Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bacteria999 wrote:

Support, but you can simply download your projects and organize them into folders on your computer, and when you need to use them, import them into the editor.
Or, better yet, you can just put them into a studio. That is actually what studios were made for.

violet_raven
Scratcher
100+ posts

Full support! I really want this. I don't know if it's just me, but when I see a large number of unshared projects, I try cleaning them out. But then there are always my old projects that I don't want to throw away, my current WIP projects, project ideas, random things, etc. Having folders would help so much!

theooolone
Scratcher
50 posts

100% support! I definitely need this! All my old projects are in the trash folder because that's the only way to separate them!
theooolone
Scratcher
50 posts

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

Or, better yet, you can just put them into a studio. That is actually what studios were made for.
Then you can't group unshared projects
Seth_Zaw
Scratcher
100+ posts

No support. Just use studios.

¡Aprendamos español con los Alfabetons!
In my new series, you will cover genders of nouns, important and useful phrases, conjugating verbs and adjectives, regular and irregular words, and more, in Spanish!
Click here to get started!
Visit the Official Alfabetons Website: https://alfabetons.com
fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Seth_Zaw wrote:

You can't put unshared projects in a studio.
And what if you don't want your “Studios I Curate” tab to be filled with projects?
And what if you don't want everyone to see your folders?
And what if you want to put folders inside folders?

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
-TheNameless-
Scratcher
100+ posts

I used to have an account, called @mrbumppo, who had over 2000 untitled projects on his account, so I moved to @-TheNameless-. If I could support this twice, I would. Just how would it work though?
Support.
BearSlothCoding
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Full support. I have so many untitled projects, it takes me forever to find the ones I actually want to work on. Folders would help SO much, I don't understand why this hasn't been added yet.
Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BearSlothCoding wrote:

Full support. I have so many untitled projects, it takes me forever to find the ones I actually want to work on. Folders would help SO much, I don't understand why this hasn't been added yet.
It has. Studios were made for this purpose, though they don't allow unshared projects to be put in them.

BearSlothCoding
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

BearSlothCoding wrote:

It has. Studios were made for this purpose, though they don't allow unshared projects to be put in them.
Exactly. I don't understand why doing this for unshared projects hasn't been added yet. I mean, it will be more helpful for unshared projects because why do you really need folders for what you have shared? While I can come up with a few reasons, there are more for unshared projects.
violet_raven
Scratcher
100+ posts

-TheNameless- wrote:

I used to have an account, called @mrbumppo, who had over 2000 untitled projects on his account, so I moved to @-TheNameless-. If I could support this twice, I would. Just how would it work though?
Support.

My idea:
Under the “Unshared Projects” tab in the My Stuff section, there would be another tab that says “Folders” with more (smaller) tabs under it that the user can name and sort projects into. There could be a drop-down menu on every project that shows what folder(s) you'd like to put it in.

Seth_Zaw
Scratcher
100+ posts

fdreerf wrote:

Seth_Zaw wrote:

And what if you don't want your “Studios I Curate” tab to be filled with projects?
1. You don't need to, since they aren't finished yet.
2. “Studios I Curate” has studios, not projects.
3. Why wouldn't they?
4. You can put links to the in studios.
Also, that's what studios are for! To store projects! If this feature was added, then studios would become useless.

¡Aprendamos español con los Alfabetons!
In my new series, you will cover genders of nouns, important and useful phrases, conjugating verbs and adjectives, regular and irregular words, and more, in Spanish!
Click here to get started!
Visit the Official Alfabetons Website: https://alfabetons.com
violet_raven
Scratcher
100+ posts

Seth_Zaw wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

Seth_Zaw wrote:

3. Why wouldn't they?
Also, that's what studios are for! To store projects! If this feature was added, then studios would become useless.

1) Maybe you don't have this problem, but MANY Scratchers have a lot of unshared projects that could be sorted. It would be very useful to sort unshared projects into project ideas, WIPs, old projects that don't need to be thrown away, etc.
2) By this, @fdreerf meant that studios shouldn't be used in the way this suggested idea (folders) is used. Like if you used studios to sort your projects, it takes away from what studios are: more of a gallery to show others than a way of sorting projects. A little hard to explain.
3) For this suggestion, folders are for unshared projects. I believe most people would rather not have people see what they're working on before they're done.
4) Yes, but folders are much more accessible.

Maybe you're misunderstanding, but this suggestion is for folders to sort unshared projects. Studios are for shared projects.

BlueNoodle29
Scratcher
100+ posts

Yep, I support this! I can't tell you how many hours I've spent just scrolling to find the right project that I want to work on!

This is my signature. It automatically shows up when you see my post!

Please play my first ever roblox game!

371 posts!

There are two secrets to great success in life.
1) Never share all you know.
KittyFireSt0rm
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Seth_Zaw wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

Seth_Zaw wrote:

3. Why wouldn't they?

*coughs in the people who roleplay in studios* I mean studios aren't only for storing projects, you can use them in roleplays, art groups, fandom groups

404: Signature Not Found
BlueNoodle29
Scratcher
100+ posts

KittyFireSt0rm wrote:

*coughs in the people who roleplay in studios* I mean studios aren't only for storing projects, you can use them in roleplays, art groups, fandom groups

Yeah, I think it would be cool to be able to organize your studios as well!

371 posts!

seattleowl
Scratcher
18 posts

+1!

Scratch on!
BlueNoodle29
Scratcher
100+ posts

seattleowl wrote:

+1!

Why do you support this? Please remember to be constructive!

371 posts!

Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KittyFireSt0rm wrote:

Seth_Zaw wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

Seth_Zaw wrote:

3. Why wouldn't they?

Studios were designed for storing projects, though. People just decided to use them for different things.