Discuss Scratch

starlightsparker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

can I mention my YouTube channel

I want to mention my yt channel in my bio. am I allowed to do this?
all my YouTube videos are kid friendly, and I don’t swear or talk about mature topics or anything. But my comments are on.
I have the comments setting “hold inappropriate comments for review” which means if YouTube detects an inappropriate comment, it won’t go through and I’ll have to review it first. I also have another setting, basically YouTube lets you make a custom filter for your comments to filter specific words. In my filter, I have ALOT of variations of bad words in the filter, and YouTube also detects variations of the words that are in my filter so it detects variations OF the varioratons as well. so my comments are moderated.

✮˚. ᵎᵎ ?彡⋆。˚ starlight !! * ੈ✩‧₊˚ ✧˖° female !! ⋆。°✩ s.her !!‧˚₊ muslim !!✶ .ᐟ
︶꒦꒷order at star's cafe! served w/ love꒷꒦︶
star's cafe is a store to order banners, pfps, and more!
! attention ! my only account is @starlightsparker. if anyone pretends to be me, pretends to be a “secret alt” of mine, or anything like that, they are lying. I’m putting this message here in light of recent events.
(rounded) 1000th post | (actual) 1000th post | first post
~ pakistani muslim ~ ~ born in arabia ~ palestine supporter! ~
stop the Islam hate!useful custom blockslatest projectcomment herePython Learning History
Scratch inspired me to want to become a programmer when i grow up. I plan on learning python :>
unprus
Scratcher
100+ posts

starlightsparker wrote:

all my YouTube videos are kid friendly, and I don’t swear or talk about mature topics or anything. But my comments are on.
I have the comments setting “hold inappropriate comments for review” which means if YouTube detects an inappropriate comment, it won’t go through and I’ll have to review it first. I also have another setting, basically YouTube lets you make a custom filter for your comments to filter specific words. In my filter, I have ALOT of variations of bad words in the filter, and YouTube also detects variations of the words that are in my filter so it detects variations OF the varioratons as well. so my comments are moderated.
yeah

i am an oxygen
NOW A ROBLOX UGC LIMITEDS GOBLIN SO PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY CODES, TELL ME AND I WILL SNIPE AND SCOPE IT SINCE UGC LIMITEDS IS SO HARD TO GET CUZ OF ROBLOX'S GREED!!!!!!! https://www.roblox.com/games/15108736400/Flex-UGC-Codes
EDawg2011
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is your filter as good as Scratch's? If so, you're probably fine.

Please note that I may sometimes make a mistake and give wrong information.

Can you please put this at/near the top of your signature and tell people that tag spam isn't allowed and it manipulates the algorithm, to start a chain and spread the word? - Thanks, @EDawg2011.

But then I had a very good idea. I used F5. See, using F5 gave me a whole new perspective and I was able to see a chest I couldn't have seen before.

(Highlight text + down arrow + shift to see the rest of my signature.)

Help find out who ate @cheddargirl's signature! l JOIN WORLD DOMINATION INC. TODAY! l Donate your soul! l me when i accidentally spread misinformation l Platformer Skibidi

<0-0::sensing>//This is Charles; he protects my signature from evil kumquats.
when I'm spawned::events hat//This is the code Charles' brain runs on.
forever
if <[100] > (distance to [an evil kumquat v])> then
delete the evil kumquat::control
end
end

Be moist.

GlitchedThrough
New to Scratch
1000+ posts

You don’t show your face, right?
I’d also suggest adding channel mods to be extra careful.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
YouTuber, culinary enthusiast, computer scientist, programmer, Engineer, electric enthusiast, legal aficionado, etc
starlightsparker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EDawg2011 wrote:

Is your filter as good as Scratch's? If so, you're probably fine.
Kind of yes. My filter censors a lot of the thingsif not all the scratch filter censors

Besides, I don’t get many comments anyways. Most of them are from my friends or someone who has something nice to say. I’ve only ever got one hate comment from someone who was pressed from an argument on another comment section, but that doesn’t happen very often

! attention ! my only account is @starlightsparker. if anyone pretends to be me, pretends to be a “secret alt” of mine, or anything like that, they are lying. I’m putting this message here in light of recent events.
stop the Islam hate!useful custom blockslatest projectcomment herePython Learning History
Scratch inspired me to want to become a programmer when i grow up. I plan on learning python :>
starlightsparker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GlitchedThrough wrote:

wait I kinda do-
sometimes, not often nowadays but some of my older vids have my face— is that an issue..? I feel like griffpatch has also shown his face and he mentions his channel (i think)

GlitchedThrough
New to Scratch
1000+ posts

starlightsparker wrote:

GlitchedThrough wrote:

wait I kinda do-
sometimes, not often nowadays but some of my older vids have my face— is that an issue..? I feel like griffpatch has also shown his face and he mentions his channel (i think)
You might be ok if your face has changed a lot since your face was last shown, and it’s extremely tough to find a video with your face.
However, I’d suggest unlisting them to be safe.

YouTuber, culinary enthusiast, computer scientist, programmer, Engineer, electric enthusiast, legal aficionado, etc
starlightsparker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GlitchedThrough wrote:

starlightsparker wrote:

GlitchedThrough wrote:

wait I kinda do-
You might be ok if your face has changed a lot since your face was last shown, and it’s extremely tough to find a video with your face.
However, I’d suggest unlisting them to be safe.
eh, not really- I look similar, just a little different cuz of my hair

but- like- why?- I never knew there was anything wrong with mentioning yt channels that show your face, I only thought its not allowed in scratch projects lol

again, hasn’t griffpatch shown his face in his yt channel?

GlitchedThrough
New to Scratch
1000+ posts

starlightsparker wrote:

but- like- why?- I never knew there was anything wrong with mentioning yt channels that show your face, I only thought its not allowed in scratch projects lol
The ST claims showing your face can be a safety hazard(it can be, but its rarely such.)

starlightsparker wrote:

We all know what people would do if the ST took his YT link down.

starlightsparker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GlitchedThrough wrote:

starlightsparker wrote:

The ST claims showing your face can be a safety hazard(it can be, but its rarely such.)

starlightsparker wrote:

yes but why would ST care that much if the face isn’t on their site specifically
I’m pretty sure this rule only applies to stuff on their site (forum posts, and projects I believe)
But idk-

I would use contact us but like
hear me out
I have a tiny fear of using contact us because
I was blocked from scratch once, and then I appealed, and scratch accepted my appeal and unblocked me
Since I was blocked once, if I ever get blocked again it’s done for me

So I’m scared that if ST misunderstands my issues in contact us and thinks I broke a rule which I didn’t and then I can never use scratch again—

It’s quite a silly fear but I’m paranoid

LP372
Scratcher
1000+ posts

starlightsparker wrote:

Yes, but don't force people to sub. Also, just say your yt name INSTEAD of a link.

Projects I want people to see:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1018171720
LP372
Scratcher
1000+ posts

starlightsparker wrote:

Also, what genre videos do u make. That's 1 factor

starlightsparker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LP372 wrote:

starlightsparker wrote:

im gonna quit scratch the day you stop quoting op (joke)
I make gaming videos about roblox, and I make other random videos as well, like DIY, reviews, and etc

BringUpYourPost
Scratcher
500+ posts

I would probably say no as Roblox has unmoderated chat.
LP372
Scratcher
1000+ posts

starlightsparker wrote:

LP372 wrote:

starlightsparker wrote:

I make gaming videos about roblox, and I make other random videos as well, like DIY, reviews, and etc
I'd say yes then

GlitchedThrough
New to Scratch
1000+ posts

starlightsparker wrote:

GlitchedThrough wrote:

starlightsparker wrote:

starlightsparker wrote:

yes but why would ST care that much if the face isn’t on their site specifically
I’m pretty sure this rule only applies to stuff on their site (forum posts, and projects I believe)
But idk-

hear me out
I was blocked from scratch once, and then I appealed, and scratch accepted my appeal and unblocked me

So I’m scared that if ST misunderstands my issues in contact us and thinks I broke a rule which I didn’t and then I can never use scratch again—

Well, it does apply to anything linked to the site.
The TOU mentions how you can’t link to a site, if to do so would break the CG, that is, the contents of the site.

yadayadayadagoodbye
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GlitchedThrough wrote:

starlightsparker wrote:

GlitchedThrough wrote:

starlightsparker wrote:

starlightsparker wrote:

But idk-

hear me out

Well, it does apply to anything linked to the site.
The TOU mentions how you can’t link to a site, if to do so would break the CG, that is, the contents of the site.
haha no snip get annoyed edawg >:)
I mean, you are allowed to share your face on the main site as long as its not the main purpose of the project
wait it was that rule right my brain is no work

Last edited by yadayadayadagoodbye (March 12, 2024 17:07:42)

Scratchers that I've cati-fied
MagentaDude1359
Scratcher
100+ posts

of course, as long as your content is appropriate.

starlightsparker wrote:

GlitchedThrough wrote:

wait I kinda do-
you can show your face on your yt if you are comfortable with it it will not matter when linking to it on scratch.

This is my signature
Follow me
Catscratcher07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

starlightsparker wrote:

LP372 wrote:

starlightsparker wrote:

~snip~
sharing roblox username is forbidden, how would you make roblox content without your username appearing.

trouble with clones? view my clone id toolbox! I also have built the bases of a tower defense game link here.
If someone on help with scripts is saying that something can't be done, they should be suspected of being a team limit grunt.
Wanna be the very best? Here's your chance!
undeterminstic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MagentaDude1359 wrote:

starlightsparker wrote:

GlitchedThrough wrote:

wait I kinda do-
you can show your face on your yt if you are comfortable with it it will not matter when linking to it on scratch.
no if you link have your face on your yt, you'd be linking content that violates cg by having a face reveal.

yes