Discuss Scratch

-TheKoolAidMan-
New to Scratch
13 posts

At Last

Platypus_WKeyboard wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

Is anyone using Doctor Strange or Conan the Barbarian?
No and what?
Conan the Barbarian? He's Marvel.
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

No and what?
Like … for real?

A platypus? A platypus with a keyboard? Perry the platypus with a keyboard?

About Me.

| he/him | Jewish | Writer | Comic Fan | Movie and TV fanatic | Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, Image, comics are comics! | Music is cool, I like music | Doctor Who! | Animation is tight | Also new signature!

“Do you know what kind of person becomes a psychologist? A person that wishes deep down that everyone more special than them was sick because healthy sounds so much more exciting than boring. You're average, Britta Perry. You're every kid on the playground who didn't get picked on. You're a business casual potted plant, a human white sale. You're VH1 Robocop 2 and Back to the Future 3. You're the center slice of a square cheese pizza. Actually, that sounds delicious. I'm the center slice of a square cheese pizza. You're Jim Belushi.”
- Evil Abed
DerpyPig03
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

No and what?
Like … for real?
Blade is using Dr Strange! (and Wong)

FAVORITE BIBLE QUOTE
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a (emphasis added)

FAVORITE MOVIE QUOTE

“One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.” - Master Oogway
PMU_Official
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

No and what?
Like … for real?
yeah.. did you not know that?

“Everybody wants change, don't anybody wanna change though”
-NF

Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

PMU_Official wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

No and what?
Like … for real?
I guessed it was a transformers or doctor who situation where Marvel was given the rights to make comics but not to really own.

About Me.

| he/him | Jewish | Writer | Comic Fan | Movie and TV fanatic | Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, Image, comics are comics! | Music is cool, I like music | Doctor Who! | Animation is tight | Also new signature!

“Do you know what kind of person becomes a psychologist? A person that wishes deep down that everyone more special than them was sick because healthy sounds so much more exciting than boring. You're average, Britta Perry. You're every kid on the playground who didn't get picked on. You're a business casual potted plant, a human white sale. You're VH1 Robocop 2 and Back to the Future 3. You're the center slice of a square cheese pizza. Actually, that sounds delicious. I'm the center slice of a square cheese pizza. You're Jim Belushi.”
- Evil Abed
-MANDOFANCOMICS-
Scratcher
500+ posts

At Last

PMU_Official wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

No and what?
Like … for real?
I guessed it was a transformers or doctor who situation where Marvel was given the rights to make comics but not to really own.
pretty weird, but yeah. I've never seen Conan crossover into marvel, other than maybe in the savage land or something

I'm working on the deadpool movie, the wiccan comic series, and some one shots.

-TheKoolAidMan-
New to Scratch
13 posts

At Last

-MANDOFANCOMICS- wrote:

PMU_Official wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

No and what?
Like … for real?
pretty weird, but yeah. I've never seen Conan crossover into marvel, other than maybe in the savage land or something
I don't have to use Conan, he was originally published through Marvel Comics. I don't know they have the rights to him now, I could use a different character.
-TheKoolAidMan-
New to Scratch
13 posts

At Last

DerpyPig03 wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

No and what?
Like … for real?
Oh really? Cool! I was only going to use Doctor Strange for a couple of pages, I don't think anything would interfere with what you're doing. Is it alright if I use him?
DerpyPig03
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

DerpyPig03 wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

No and what?
Like … for real?
Oh really? Cool! I was only going to use Doctor Strange for a couple of pages, I don't think anything would interfere with what you're doing. Is it alright if I use him?
It will probably be fine yeah. Hannibal King gets hired by Wong to exorcise Doctor Strange when he gets possessed by Dormammu

FAVORITE BIBLE QUOTE
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a (emphasis added)

FAVORITE MOVIE QUOTE

-TheKoolAidMan-
New to Scratch
13 posts

At Last

DerpyPig03 wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

DerpyPig03 wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

No and what?
Like … for real?
It will probably be fine yeah. Hannibal King gets hired by Wong to exorcise Doctor Strange when he gets possessed by Dormammu
Ok, I have Doctor Strange in the first issue, and he might be in the last two issues. I think the timeline would work though?
DerpyPig03
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

DerpyPig03 wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

DerpyPig03 wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

No and what?
Like … for real?
Ok, I have Doctor Strange in the first issue, and he might be in the last two issues. I think the timeline would work though?
Yeah that should be fine

FAVORITE BIBLE QUOTE

FAVORITE MOVIE QUOTE

AbeHe
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

I did finish the first draft for year 2, I’ll reread it tonight to check if I see anything wrong and send it.

Then I need to write year 1 and put it all together for Issue 1’s script.
-TheKoolAidMan-
New to Scratch
13 posts

At Last

-MarvelComics- wrote:

Along with regular pitches, you can also pitch yourself to be responsible for a department; Meaning you plan the overall storyline for a certain corner of the Atlas Universe and are in charge of the series' within them. You're not supposed to be controlling of the people making seri es' in your corner though, just guide them to keep things consistent and plan the overall direction you want things to go.

Examples for corners you could pitch for:

Street Level
Cosmic
Mutants ( Plat has this one already, I think )

Just examples, you can pitch for any valid corner you think of.
Can you still pitch for the direction of one of the corners?

Last edited by -TheKoolAidMan- (May 16, 2024 13:23:24)

DerpyPig03
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

-MarvelComics- wrote:

Along with regular pitches, you can also pitch yourself to be responsible for a department; Meaning you plan the overall storyline for a certain corner of the Atlas Universe and are in charge of the series' within them. You're not supposed to be controlling of the people making seri es' in your corner though, just guide them to keep things consistent and plan the overall direction you want things to go.

Street Level
Cosmic

If so, I'd appreciate having at least some sway in the supernatural department, because of Blade and all its lore

FAVORITE BIBLE QUOTE

FAVORITE MOVIE QUOTE

-TheKoolAidMan-
New to Scratch
13 posts

At Last

DerpyPig03 wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

-MarvelComics- wrote:

Along with regular pitches, you can also pitch yourself to be responsible for a department; Meaning you plan the overall storyline for a certain corner of the Atlas Universe and are in charge of the series' within them. You're not supposed to be controlling of the people making series' in your corner though, just guide them to keep things consistent and plan the overall direction you want things to go.

Street Level
Cosmic

If so, I'd appreciate having at least some sway in the supernatural department, because of Blade and all its lore
Same with me for the supernatural department, I'd love to have a say on where the street level storylines lead.
-MANDOFANCOMICS-
Scratcher
500+ posts

At Last

So, for Alpha Flight, if I use deadpool, I’m planning on giving him a good backstory, and he’ll be set up for his appearance for Xmen. Plat, this okay w you? If anyone wants to help with the humour writing, I haven’t started writing any jokes (or dialogue) yet.

I'm working on the deadpool movie, the wiccan comic series, and some one shots.

MarvelScratchRewind
New to Scratch
10 posts

At Last

whoops, wrong account.

Last edited by MarvelScratchRewind (May 25, 2024 18:59:49)

AU-Ratcatcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

MarvelScratchRewind wrote:

whoops, wrong account.
We know you’re not actually a part of Atlas, now please leave

“hi!”
- Me
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

whoops, wrong account.
Who are you?

About Me.

- Evil Abed
AU-Ratcatcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

whoops, wrong account.
Who are you?
They probably just posted that to make us think that someone in Atlas was them

“hi!”
- Me