Discuss Scratch

-MANDOFANCOMICS-
Scratcher
500+ posts

At Last

Platypus_WKeyboard wrote:

Lobe’s X-Men\Mutant Cure Storyline - Pitch.

My main theme for X-Men (the title will either be Astonishing or Uncanny) is quite simple … Hope vs Cynicism. Mutants (and by extension the X-Men) are in a rough spot. Professor X has died, Genosha destroyed, Magnus missing, anti-mutant laws on the rise, the school for gifted youngsters losing funding, etc. And then with the addition of the new non-mutant “X-Men” and the cure it seems bleak but does the team lose hope? NO! They keep going forward to fulfill a better future. Then on the flip side cynicism, that is the Lobe X-Men (which I shall call the L-Men) the L-Men are basically cynical copies of the X-Men down to powers and names (imagine an X-Men version in the Boy’s universe) they don’t see the hope in anything just celebrity and fame. They are the biggest jerks.

I don’t have a 100% nailed down team but it would mainly be the team of X-Men but “evil” in a sense, I have nailed down one. John Walker aka Cyclops.
bump.
cool

I'm working on the deadpool movie, the wiccan comic series, and some one shots.

Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

Question for X-Men: what works better? Kitty or Kate?
Bump!

A platypus? A platypus with a keyboard? Perry the platypus with a keyboard?

About Me.

| he/him | Jewish | Writer | Comic Fan | Movie and TV fanatic | Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, Image, comics are comics! | Music is cool, I like music | Doctor Who! | Animation is tight | Also new signature!

“Do you know what kind of person becomes a psychologist? A person that wishes deep down that everyone more special than them was sick because healthy sounds so much more exciting than boring. You're average, Britta Perry. You're every kid on the playground who didn't get picked on. You're a business casual potted plant, a human white sale. You're VH1 Robocop 2 and Back to the Future 3. You're the center slice of a square cheese pizza. Actually, that sounds delicious. I'm the center slice of a square cheese pizza. You're Jim Belushi.”
- Evil Abed
MarvelScratchRewind
New to Scratch
10 posts

At Last

-MANDOFANCOMICS- wrote:

MarvelScratchRewind wrote:

1. How am I stalking
2. Look at my about me
1) Forum stalking, this is a invite-only forum so you are not invited,
2) That is at the bottom of it and seemed to be just added, sorry for not knowing it's just hard to find,
1. How to get invite?
2. It was there the entire time.
1. Theres an application form.
2. its pretty petty to expect people to go out of their way to find your pronouns, and get mad if they misgender you.
I had a suspicion you were a troll, and it just seems like your doing nothing but confirming that
1. I applied like 80 times
2. I've been trying to tell everyone i was a female.
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

-MANDOFANCOMICS- wrote:

1. How am I stalking
2. Look at my about me
1) Forum stalking, this is a invite-only forum so you are not invited,
2) That is at the bottom of it and seemed to be just added, sorry for not knowing it's just hard to find,
1. How to get invite?
2. It was there the entire time.
1. Theres an application form.
2. its pretty petty to expect people to go out of their way to find your pronouns, and get mad if they misgender you.
I had a suspicion you were a troll, and it just seems like your doing nothing but confirming that
1. I applied like 80 times
2. I've been trying to tell everyone i was a female.
1) … No?
2) valid, maybe something like that is easier to find.

But could you please leave? You are not apart of this Collab.

About Me.

| he/him | Jewish | Writer | Comic Fan | Movie and TV fanatic | Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, Image, comics are comics! | Music is cool, I like music | Doctor Who! | Animation is tight | Also new signature!

“Do you know what kind of person becomes a psychologist? A person that wishes deep down that everyone more special than them was sick because healthy sounds so much more exciting than boring. You're average, Britta Perry. You're every kid on the playground who didn't get picked on. You're a business casual potted plant, a human white sale. You're VH1 Robocop 2 and Back to the Future 3. You're the center slice of a square cheese pizza. Actually, that sounds delicious. I'm the center slice of a square cheese pizza. You're Jim Belushi.”
- Evil Abed
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

AbeHe wrote:

AbeHe wrote:

Working on my pitch for Spidey, any suggestions?
Have fun. Do something unique or not overdone.

Is Peter in the pitch a teenager or adult?
Adult.

And Ben’s gonna be the Spidey for the pitch.
It started as the Beyond pitch but I’m taking from other stuff so its more regular Spidey. But with Ben.
what is your obsession with ben riley just use peter

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

-MarvelComics- wrote:

Matjam02 wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

The pitch would be someone who has lost all their memories is being chased by robots. At the end, it's revealed he's Doctor Doom who programmed his robots to kill him after he realized how worthless he is. The Doombots blew up his headquarters, presumably killing him, but actually giving him amnesia, and the new Doom ran away, confused.
What would the title of the comic be?
Doctor Stranger

The Stranger

After the end of the series, he gives up the Doom moniker and calls himself the Stranger. Each comic would have a different title
This sounds … odd.
The name or the comic?
I’m not quite sure what Plat referring to specifically, but I have some suggestions for both. The title is a bit generic I’ve seen about/heard about quite a lot of the things with that title so, I’d recommend changin’ it. For the story, remember it’s a comic, so you’re gonna see what this person looks like the whole time – – and remember you’re trying to get as many people as possible to read them so I think obscuring that it’s him, I don’t know –
Plus Doctor Doom is supposed to have a disfigured face so I can't see a way of hiding that it's him
Actually he has a very mild scratch but his ego couldn't handle it
And he put the mask on when it was really hot and it scarred his face even more. One of the only good ideas John Byrne has ever had.

AbeHe wrote:

I don't really feel like 100% making a detailed pitch so it'll just be an outline with story stuff.
In the outline half an issue is just Cyclops being mentally tortured.
W
WHY DO YOU HATE SCOTT

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

He’d kill a member of the police force, causing Yuri to spiral and become Wraith.

Also, the series wouldn’t be mainly a crime drama; think more like a psychological thriller/horror
At first I read this as spiral and become Welsh.

DerpyPig03 wrote:

AbeHe wrote:

-MANDOFANCOMICS- wrote:

AbeHe wrote:

Found a really cool page I’m going to adapt in X-Men.

I’m also doing some story re thinking for it, should I kill off Cyclops?
Yknow my vote
Yes
What do you guys have against Scott?
Logans my guy. Scott's also a bit of a jerk.
I actually like the actors who have played Scott a lot, but still. Scott sucks.
Logan is the same kind of jerk at times.

Poor Scott, all these haters. I think Cyclops has so much potential to be a really cool and compelling leader, basically the X-Men's Cap. But most writers just dismiss him as a bland popsicle stick of a character
X-Men 97. Watch it.

PMU_Official wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

Is anyone using Doctor Strange or Conan the Barbarian?
No and what?
Conan the Barbarian? He's Marvel.
Like … for real?
yeah.. did you not know that?
I guessed it was a transformers or doctor who situation where Marvel was given the rights to make comics but not to really own.
Hehehehe…

-TheKoolAidMan- wrote:

-MarvelComics- wrote:

Along with regular pitches, you can also pitch yourself to be responsible for a department; Meaning you plan the overall storyline for a certain corner of the Atlas Universe and are in charge of the series' within them. You're not supposed to be controlling of the people making seri es' in your corner though, just guide them to keep things consistent and plan the overall direction you want things to go.

Examples for corners you could pitch for:

Street Level
Cosmic
Mutants ( Plat has this one already, I think )

Just examples, you can pitch for any valid corner you think of.
Can you still pitch for the direction of one of the corners?
I have… ideas.
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

HexagonWorld wrote:

AbeHe wrote:

AbeHe wrote:

Adult.

It started as the Beyond pitch but I’m taking from other stuff so its more regular Spidey. But with Ben.
Well a bit late to the party but… the new pitch (accepted one) for Spider-Man is using Pete.

But Hex nice to see you have joined the forum (Hex was accepted as a writer)

Trying to work more on X-Men but it’s kinda hard with X-Men ‘97 doing a lot of really cool things.

Last edited by Platypus_WKeyboard (May 27, 2024 13:54:48)

About Me.

- Evil Abed
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

UGH I can't decide on the line-up for X-Men! Can anyone help, here's a list of every potential member.

Scott Summers/Cyclops
Emma Frost
Katherine Pryde/Shadowcat
Hank McCoy/Beast
Anna Marie/Rogue
Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler
Jubilation Lee/Jubilee
Logan/Wolverine
Ororo Munro/Storm
Remy LeBeau/Gambit
Wade Wilson/Deadpool
Piotr Rasputin/Collossus
Doop
Ilyanna Rasputin/Magik
Bobby Drake/Ice Man
Hisako Ichiki/Armor

H A L P

About Me.

- Evil Abed
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

PMU_Official wrote:

PMU's Ant Man & The Wasp Pitch
Is it possible for you to swap out Squirrel Girl for another character? I want to use her in a pitch.
AbeHe
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

HexagonWorld wrote:

AbeHe wrote:

AbeHe wrote:

Adult.

Well a bit late to the party but… the new pitch (accepted one) for Spider-Man is using Pete.

But Hex nice to see you have joined the forum (Hex was accepted as a writer)

Trying to work more on X-Men but it’s kinda hard with X-Men ‘97 doing a lot of really cool things.
If I remember correctly Beyond was also accepted, and is happening later on.
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

UGH I can't decide on the line-up for X-Men! Can anyone help, here's a list of every potential member.

Scott Summers/Cyclops
Emma Frost
Katherine Pryde/Shadowcat
Hank McCoy/Beast
Anna Marie/Rogue
Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler
Jubilation Lee/Jubilee
Logan/Wolverine
Ororo Munro/Storm
Remy LeBeau/Gambit
Wade Wilson/Deadpool
Piotr Rasputin/Collossus
Doop
Ilyanna Rasputin/Magik
Bobby Drake/Ice Man
Hisako Ichiki/Armor

H A L P
Doop
Doop
Doop
Doop
Doop and
Doop

Scott
Kitty
Rogue
Gambit
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Storm
Doop
You forgot to put Jean on the list
AbeHe
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

AbeHe wrote:

Spider-Man: Decade's Story | Issue 1
(This is just year 2 atm)
YEAR 2
Page 1

snip
Bump
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

HexagonWorld wrote:

I know and I have an unpopular opinion, I don't particularly like Jean that much.

About Me.

- Evil Abed
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

HexagonWorld wrote:

I know and I have an unpopular opinion, I don't particularly like Jean that much.
what
AbeHe
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

HexagonWorld wrote:

Fair.
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

what
Yeah… I just don't think she's that interesting.

That's why Emma Frost is there (on the list) instead, she has a similar role to Jean (ie telepath, relationship with Scott) but a bit more interesting and not used as much.

About Me.

- Evil Abed
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

HexagonWorld wrote:

Scott
Kitty
Rogue
Gambit
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Storm
Doop
Thanks for the help, Hex!

I'll make some tweaks.

About Me.

- Evil Abed
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

HexagonWorld wrote:

Scott
Kitty
Rogue
Gambit
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Storm
Doop

I'll make some tweaks.
Wait what if the line-up is too close to the roster from 97.

About Me.

- Evil Abed
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

HexagonWorld wrote:

Scott
Kitty
Rogue
Gambit
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Storm
Doop

I'll make some tweaks.
Seeing as how I've only seen 97…
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

Scott
Kitty
Rogue
Gambit
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Storm
Doop

I'll make some tweaks.
Seeing as how I've only seen 97…
Ah.

It's fine 97' just kinda put the 90s team (which I do like)

I'll probably swap out Doop with someone more “exciting”

About Me.

- Evil Abed
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

I need a Sentinel/tech related villain but I don't want to use Bastion, anyone have any ideas?

About Me.

- Evil Abed