Discuss Scratch

Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

-MarvelComics- wrote:

Also, I'm active today because I'm not busy and it just launched, but this is mostly Boom's thing, don't get used to me being around often…
Booms?

A platypus? A platypus with a keyboard? Perry the platypus with a keyboard?

About Me.

| he/him | Jewish | Writer | Comic Fan | Movie and TV fanatic | Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, Image, comics are comics! | Music is cool, I like music | Doctor Who! | Animation is tight | Also new signature!

“Do you know what kind of person becomes a psychologist? A person that wishes deep down that everyone more special than them was sick because healthy sounds so much more exciting than boring. You're average, Britta Perry. You're every kid on the playground who didn't get picked on. You're a business casual potted plant, a human white sale. You're VH1 Robocop 2 and Back to the Future 3. You're the center slice of a square cheese pizza. Actually, that sounds delicious. I'm the center slice of a square cheese pizza. You're Jim Belushi.”
- Evil Abed
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

boom2ratz wrote:

Hey guys
Hello! What do you want to pitch?

About Me.

| he/him | Jewish | Writer | Comic Fan | Movie and TV fanatic | Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, Image, comics are comics! | Music is cool, I like music | Doctor Who! | Animation is tight | Also new signature!

“Do you know what kind of person becomes a psychologist? A person that wishes deep down that everyone more special than them was sick because healthy sounds so much more exciting than boring. You're average, Britta Perry. You're every kid on the playground who didn't get picked on. You're a business casual potted plant, a human white sale. You're VH1 Robocop 2 and Back to the Future 3. You're the center slice of a square cheese pizza. Actually, that sounds delicious. I'm the center slice of a square cheese pizza. You're Jim Belushi.”
- Evil Abed
-MarvelComics-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

Platypus_WKeyboard wrote:

-MarvelComics- wrote:

Also, I'm active today because I'm not busy and it just launched, but this is mostly Boom's thing, don't get used to me being around often…
Booms?
Plat's*

Sorry, my age is getting to me.

I could be president.

——————————————

Hey there! I'm a Marvel fan who likes to create comics, which all belong in the MSCU, a big shared universe built out of comics, and the first of its kind on Scratch.

“Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot.” ~Neil Gaiman
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

-MarvelComics- wrote:

-MarvelComics- wrote:

Booms?
Plat's*

Sorry, my age is getting to me.

I could be president.
It's fine lol.

I think I'll pitch X-Men first, Wandavision needs a bit more of a setup.

About Me.

- Evil Abed
boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

-MarvelComics- wrote:

Booms?
It's all mine now

boom2ratz wrote:

Hey guys
You guys are doing that ‘department’ thing, right? I'd probably like to work in the street level characters thing, I'd be maybe interested in Daredevil or Moon Knight (unless they're taken )

Last edited by boom2ratz (March 6, 2024 21:06:03)

“That has to it”
- Matjam02
-MarvelComics-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

Along with regular pitches, you can also pitch yourself to be responsible for a department; Meaning you plan the overall storyline for a certain corner of the Atlas Universe and are in charge of the series' within them. You're not supposed to be controlling of the people making series' in your corner though, just guide them to keep things consistent and plan the overall direction you want things to go.

Examples for corners you could pitch for:

Street Level
Cosmic
Mutants ( Plat has this one already, I think )

Just examples, you can pitch for any valid corner you think of.

——————————————

Hey there! I'm a Marvel fan who likes to create comics, which all belong in the MSCU, a big shared universe built out of comics, and the first of its kind on Scratch.

“Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot.” ~Neil Gaiman
boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

-MarvelComics- wrote:

Along with regular pitches, you can also pitch yourself to be responsible for a department; Meaning you plan the overall storyline for a certain corner of the Atlas Universe and are in charge of the series' within them. You're not supposed to be controlling of the people making series' in your corner though, just guide them to keep things consistent and plan the overall direction you want things to go.

Examples for corners you could pitch for:

Street Level
Cosmic
Mutants ( Plat has this one already, I think )

Just examples, you can pitch for any valid corner you think of.
Cool! I'll try to make a pitch for the street-level stuff tomorrow (it's past my bedtime rn)

“That has to it”
- Matjam02
-MarvelComics-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

boom2ratz wrote:

-MarvelComics- wrote:

Booms?
It's all mine now

boom2ratz wrote:

Hey guys
You guys are doing that ‘department’ thing, right? I'd probably like to work in the street level characters thing, I'd be maybe interested in Daredevil or Moon Knight (unless they're taken )

Not sure if you mean pitching a series about a street level character or managing the street-level department. But anyway you could do either or both if you want.

——————————————

boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

-MarvelComics- wrote:

Not sure if you mean pitching a series about a street level character or managing the street-level department. But anyway you could do either or both if you want.
In that post I meant just a character but now that I've read your post I'll probably try for both lol

“That has to it”
- Matjam02
-MarvelComics-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

boom2ratz wrote:

-MarvelComics- wrote:

In that post I meant just a character but now that I've read your post I'll probably try for both lol
Okay!

——————————————

AU-Ratcatcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

I’m interested in making a comic series that delves deep into mental health. I’d say that I call dibs on Legion for now

“hi!”
- Me
-MarvelComics-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

I’m interested in making a comic series that delves deep into mental health. I’d say that I call dibs on Legion for now
Cool.

——————————————

Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Lol that was my plan for Wandavision.

That's fine mental health is a broad topic.

About Me.

- Evil Abed
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Legion is a mutant right?

About Me.

- Evil Abed
AU-Ratcatcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Yeah

“hi!”
- Me
-MarvelComics-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Yes

——————————————

Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Yeah
*research time*

Oh, so he's Crazy Jane from Doom Patrol?

About Me.

- Evil Abed
AU-Ratcatcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

My list of ideas:

One and two could be combined

1. Something about mental health
2. I think it might be fun to write a character that’s at pure rock bottom. But not an obvious character like Logan or the Punisher.
3. I know this is vague, but a bizarre series with a different art style from the other comics
4. A series that deals with mature themes such as death and existentialism

“hi!”
- Me
Matjam02
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

I’d like to call my dibs on pitching Daredevil, if that’s A-Okay with you.

Matjam02;
“Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far”
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At Last

Matjam02 wrote:

I’d like to call my dibs on pitching Daredevil, if that’s A-Okay with you.
Boom showed interest in the character so maybe check with him.

About Me.

- Evil Abed