Discuss Scratch

-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

➡ The Bug Squishers 2.0 ⬅ ⚙ Code, art, music, and more! ⚙

ilovestories wrote:

-cloudcoding- wrote:

uh this might be a bug we can't fix…
I just thought it was funny. I wasn't ordering.
(He probably posted while I was already on here.)
I know

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)

-cloudcoding-

"[coding is] like clouds - always evolving and ready to transform!" - ChatGPT :)

Go check out my projects!
Ex1led
Scratcher
43 posts

Order Type: bug fixing
Order Details: LINK: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/978072998/ I'm fine with most bugs as I know how to fix them myself but I have this one issue I can't where when enemies die on the same frame (usually due to an AOE attack) the lists bug out and the length of the lists don't match how many clones there are. I guess I'm just looking for any way to fix this.
Time Zone: Eastern
Other: idk maybe have someone work on it that knows how to work with lists and clones?

EDIT: I made a typo lol

Last edited by Ex1led (March 8, 2024 19:58:29)

music person idk lol
flamekeeper700
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ex1led wrote:

Order Details: LINK: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/978072998/ I'm fine with most bugs as I know how to fix them myself but I have this one issue I can't where when enemies die on the same frame (usually due to an AOE attack) the lists bug out and the length of the lists don't match how many clones there are. I guess I'm just looking for any way to fix this.
Other: idk maybe have someone work on it that knows how to work with lists and clones?

So I haven't fully looked in the code yet, and I'll edit this when I have, but I think you just need to have the add and delete from list in the same list as the death handling so if it dies on the same frame it will still have time to add itself to the list before it deletes something, or vice versa and doesn't add to many to the list, some scratch functions run in a certain order, so it'll help to do it all in the same script

This wrote:

when I start as a clone
add [myself] to [clones v]
if <dead> then
delete (myself) of [clones v]
end

Not This wrote:

when I start as a clone
if <dead> then
end
when I start as a clone

If this doesn't work, I'll look into it more

Last edited by flamekeeper700 (March 8, 2024 22:06:47)

just-a-hriday
Scratcher
100+ posts

flamekeeper700 wrote:

So I haven't fully looked in the code yet
Please don't post before you do

flamekeeper700 wrote:

but I think you just need to have the add and delete from list in the same list as the death handling so if it dies on the same frame it will still have time to add itself to the list before it deletes something, or vice versa and doesn't add to many to the list, some scratch functions run in a certain order, so it'll help to do it all in the same script
Please don't just think - test your suggestions and be sure they fix the bug.
Malicondi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Expertise: code and pixel art
Work Examples: portfolio
Time Zone: CDT
Other: i enjoy helping people out with any problems they might have, and i'm very active in HwS (Help with Scripts).

post #1000 post #100 i help in the forums post #1 post #500 0 second ninja
I recommend reading jvvg's essay about the scratch team before complaining, as it may change your opinion and provide insight on the topic.

coming soon :)

-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

just-a-hriday wrote:

flamekeeper700 wrote:

So I haven't fully looked in the code yet
Please don't post before you do

flamekeeper700 wrote:

but I think you just need to have the add and delete from list in the same list as the death handling so if it dies on the same frame it will still have time to add itself to the list before it deletes something, or vice versa and doesn't add to many to the list, some scratch functions run in a certain order, so it'll help to do it all in the same script
Please don't just think - test your suggestions and be sure they fix the bug.
Don't think?? Gosh this shop is sierious. /j

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)

-cloudcoding-

"[coding is] like clouds - always evolving and ready to transform!" - ChatGPT :)

Go check out my projects!
Ex1led
Scratcher
43 posts

flamekeeper700 wrote:

Ex1led wrote:

So I haven't fully looked in the code yet, and I'll edit this when I have, but I think you just need to have the add and delete from list in the same list as the death handling so if it dies on the same frame it will still have time to add itself to the list before it deletes something, or vice versa and doesn't add to many to the list, some scratch functions run in a certain order, so it'll help to do it all in the same script

This wrote:

when I start as a clone
if <dead> then
end

Not This wrote:

when I start as a clone
if <dead> then
end
when I start as a clone

If this doesn't work, I'll look into it more
o that didn't work sadly, also right now my code (for some odd reason) deletes clones even if their list number is 5? I think I might have made a mistake with setting the clone number though I have no idea where it is ;-;

music person idk lol
SGLGoalie
Scratcher
56 posts

Expertise: I can music and I am a talented coder.
Work Examples: Check out Minecraft Java on my profile. I have not released any music as of now, but I hope too soon.
Time Zone: GMT
Other: I can also make art, but as I a not as talented at that as other things I have put it down here. Thanks for considering my application
-SGLGoalie

Owner of Dusk Studios
Owner of Moon Client
Owner of Thumbnail shop
Phase 1 of TGE| Officer Academy
Warrant Officer in The Galactic Empire
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hi! I'm co-owner and artist from Ville de L'Art. Unfortunately, there is an order that we cannot complete - can I forward it here? This is the link to the order.

。 ゚。⋆☾ If everyone were smart, no one would be. ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ But sleep's a part of the job, y'know. ☽ ⋆。 ゚。
——
just-a-hriday
Scratcher
100+ posts

Malicondi wrote:

(#165)
Expertise: code and pixel art
Work Examples: portfolio
Time Zone: CDT
Other: i enjoy helping people out with any problems they might have, and i'm very active in HwS (Help with Scripts).
where have i seen you before
Malicondi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

just-a-hriday wrote:

I'm everywhere now. but most likely glowshop.

Last edited by Malicondi (March 10, 2024 05:25:07)

I recommend reading jvvg's essay about the scratch team before complaining, as it may change your opinion and provide insight on the topic.

just-a-hriday
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

(#169)
Hi! I'm co-owner and artist from Ville de L'Art. Unfortunately, there is an order that we cannot complete - can I forward it here? This is the link to the order.
We're not partners with you guys.
But maybe we should accept forwarded orders from non-partnered shops as well? As long as they're owned/co-owned by one of our employees, of course.

I shall seek the advice of lord undeterminstic.

I'll allow this order for now, though. I'm sure Malicondi can do it.

Last edited by just-a-hriday (March 10, 2024 06:03:42)

just-a-hriday
Scratcher
100+ posts

Malicondi wrote:

(#171)

just-a-hriday wrote:

I'm everywhere now. but most likely glowshop.

i think i saw you in a few hws posts

Anyways, you're accepted!

Your coding is decent, and you seem to be rather good with math-y code.
The pixel tileset was the only (completed) art I found in your portfolio, and it looks good to me. Do you have any other art though?

Welcome to the Bug Squishers

Last edited by just-a-hriday (March 10, 2024 05:50:44)

just-a-hriday
Scratcher
100+ posts

SGLGoalie wrote:

(#168)
Expertise: I can music and I am a talented coder.
Work Examples: Check out Minecraft Java on my profile. I have not released any music as of now, but I hope too soon.
Time Zone: GMT
Other: I can also make art, but as I a not as talented at that as other things I have put it down here. Thanks for considering my application
-SGLGoalie
Denied, sorry.
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

just-a-hriday wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

(#169)
But maybe we should accept forwarded orders from non-partnered shops as well? As long as they're owned/co-owned by one of our employees, of course.

Alright, thank you so much. I'll let the shop owner know.

。 ゚。⋆☾ If everyone were smart, no one would be. ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ But sleep's a part of the job, y'know. ☽ ⋆。 ゚。
——
undeterminstic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

just-a-hriday wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

(#169)

what if we parter with them. although we must consider if partnering with them is a good idea.

yes
Malicondi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

just-a-hriday wrote:

here is the finished product.

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Malicondi wrote:

just-a-hriday wrote:

here is the finished product.
Thanks so much! I'll pass it on to the customer with the proper credits.

——
just-a-hriday
Scratcher
100+ posts

★ Activity Check ★

NOT RESPONDED
:

RavenclawDud
NeonG4
MistaLOD
————————————————————

Employees who do not respond within two days will have their names greyed out in the employee list.

Last edited by just-a-hriday (March 17, 2024 06:18:58)

just-a-hriday
Scratcher
100+ posts

Guys are there any orders missing in the incomplete orders post on the front page?