Discuss Scratch

Monsoon_Man
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

Also AU you still have not even acknowledged my previous post, it makes you look very irresponsible and like you are running away from the topic
“It makes you look very irresponsible” I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was something I had to respond to.

Also, personally, I do not like his music. That's just my opinion
I'm talking about the slew of paragraphs I said before, as I was keeping you accountable and you acted like the post didn't even exist.

Not liking his music doesn't warrant you hating him completely.

Last edited by Monsoon_Man (May 23, 2024 19:43:54)

“Nothing in life is promised except death. Know your worth!” - The Old Kanye
boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Monsoon_Man wrote:

I think the opposite! Hate him for the (alleged) weirdo he was, but for God's sake, the man was a musical genius, what AU is saying about Thriller has me baffled, Thriller could even be number 1 on that list.

Last edited by boom2ratz (May 23, 2024 20:03:24)

“That has to it”
- Matjam02
Codey9
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

boom2ratz wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

I think the opposite! Hate him for the (alleged) weirdo he was, but for God's sake, the man was a musical genius, what AU is saying about Thriller has me baffled, Thriller could even be number 1 on that list.
Yup.

CHECK OUT MY NEW TOURNAMENT:
@NoCommunicationTournaments

Each team that competes can have no interaction between their members. If you want to join, go here:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/959971233/

Codey9 | Critical thinker | INTJ | Screenwriter, Artist, and Game Maker
I could sell my house and move out to L.A.
Get inside of rooms with the biggest of names
Hire fifty people just to give me advice
On the way I should write
Oh God!
Sounds like a nightmare, if you ask me!

MOTTO ~ NF
mandofan2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

boom2ratz wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

fr. what he did irl shouldn't affect ones opinion on his music. I hate the flash actor, but that didn't effect my opinion on the movie

hi. I'm mandfan, owner of MFC, and a huge marvel nerd. I collect comics, and own over 250 comics. I have watched all marvel movies, except thor 2 my offical account for comics is -MANDOFANCOMICS-
Monsoon_Man
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

boom2ratz wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

Hating someone in general is just a little crazy, no? Unless they have seriously harmed you and you know for sure that they have, there's no reason to hate. Hate is a very strong word.

AU-Ratcatcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Monsoon_Man wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

Hating someone in general is just a little crazy, no? Unless they have seriously harmed you and you know for sure that they have, there's no reason to hate. Hate is a very strong word.
I can absolutely say I hate someone. There are certain presidents I hate and other people I can’t mention on scratch

“hi!”
- Me
JACKBOYS12
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

I can absolutely say I hate someone. There are certain presidents I hate and other people I can’t mention on scratch

“Haters are fans”
“there is no hate without love”
“There is a fine line between love and hate”

Don't look at the negativity and look at the positivity. Sure, there are some people like a certain german who was a Austrian-born German politician who did some bad things AND there are some people like an Indian independence activist and leader who played a key role in the peaceful resistance movement against British colonial rule. He was also a prolific writer and thinker, writing extensively on topics like nonviolence, civil disobedience, and social justice but they still did some bad things. No one talks about them but only the good things. Many rappers are like this, they do bad things and do good things. Many keep it hidden and many let others know.

Be in between sides. There is truly no good or bad. My friend once said, “History is written by the winners”.

BY THE WAY, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ ALL OF THIS, READ THE UNDERLINED SENTENCE.

Last edited by JACKBOYS12 (May 23, 2024 22:27:34)

I believe in me. Just believe in you. Let me do me. You like it? Cool. You don't?
-Ye
Monsoon_Man
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

JACKBOYS12 wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

“Haters are fans”

Don't look at the negativity and look at the positivity. Sure, there are some people like a certain german who was a Austrian-born German politician who did some bad things AND there are some people like an Indian independence activist and leader who played a key role in the peaceful resistance movement against British colonial rule. He was also a prolific writer and thinker, writing extensively on topics like nonviolence, civil disobedience, and social justice but they still did some bad things. No one talks about them but only the good things. Many rappers are like this, they do bad things and do good things. Many keep it hidden and many let others know.

Be in between sides. There is truly no good or bad. My friend once said, “History is written by the winners”.

BY THE WAY, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ ALL OF THIS, READ THE UNDERLINED SENTENCE.
Nah, the line between Painter and Gandhi is a very big line. The worst things Gandhi did come nowhere as bad as the best things Painter did. This is honestly a terrible comparison. I see the point you are trying to make, and it is valid in a sense, but the comparisons you are using are horribly made.

JACKBOYS12
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Monsoon_Man wrote:

JACKBOYS12 wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

“Haters are fans”

Nah, the line between Painter and Gandhi is a very big line. The worst things Gandhi did come nowhere as bad as the best things Painter did. This is honestly a terrible comparison. I see the point you are trying to make, and it is valid in a sense, but the comparisons you are using are horribly made.
I wasn't comparing them. I was giving 2 examples.

I believe in me. Just believe in you. Let me do me. You like it? Cool. You don't?
-Ye
JACKBOYS12
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

I'm the hype, I'm the show.

-Ye
MadaraWitDaSharingan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

My top 9 artists OAT

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. MF Doom
3. Eazy E
4. Kanye West
5. 2Pac
6. Biggie
7.Tyler The Creator
8.Travis Scott
9. Drake

“Even if we were to become separated..Let's both think of each other”

sabrinachichi
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

clancy by twenty one pilots out today!!! it has rap/hip-hop in some parts of it so if ya wanna listen to it you should it's amazing

|ISFP-T|she/her/hers|12|clikkie, killjoy, and an american idiot|artist|drummer|
TWENTY-ONE PILOTS JUST BEING THE PILOTS
100th post

-ElectronicArts-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

sabrinachichi wrote:

muahha new twenty one pilots song passed both kendrick songs on Genius.com

this is actually just an excuse for saying go listen to the craving it's a great song
Found this post haha.
btw that song is awsome.

AU-Ratcatcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

sabrinachichi wrote:

clancy by twenty one pilots out today!!! it has rap/hip-hop in some parts of it so if ya wanna listen to it you should it's amazing
Yeah the entire album is great

“hi!”
- Me
sabrinachichi
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

sabrinachichi wrote:

muahha new twenty one pilots song passed both kendrick songs on Genius.com

this is actually just an excuse for saying go listen to the craving it's a great song
Found this post haha.
btw that song is awsome.
Wsss fr

100th post

sabrinachichi
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

sabrinachichi wrote:

how would you rank it?

100th post

PMU_Official
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

sabrinachichi wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

sabrinachichi wrote:

how would you rank it?

Overcompensate - 10/10
Next Semester - 9/10
Backslide - 9/10
Midwest Indigo - 8.5/10
Routines in the Night - 10/10
Vignette - 9.5/10
The Craving (Jenna's Version) - 8/10
Lavish - 8.5/10
Navigating - 10/10
Snap Back - 7/10
Olides Station - 7.5/10
At The Risk of Feeling Dumb - 8.5/10
Paladin Strait - 9/10

And it’s really not technically rap even tho it has some rap elements, but I already had this from ranking it with my friend

“Everybody wants change, don't anybody wanna change though”
-NF

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

sabrinachichi wrote:

Not a huge Twenty One Pilots fan, but I did listen to their music a lot at one point. Vignette is INSANELY good imo, maybe a controversial take. It might single handedly get me back into listening to them again.

sabrinachichi wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

sabrinachichi wrote:

how would you rank it?
The album as a whole is probably like a 6 or 7, but Vignette and Backslide both are more like an 8.5/9. Overcompensate is massively overrated imo

New!
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Also I don't know much about this forum, but saying MJ is overrated is a little insane lol. Idk how old some of you are but I think most of you missed the music era he influenced. His music directly paved the way for 90's, 00's and 10's pop. Not much influence on Hip Hop/Rap, but his songs are all certified bangers.

Last edited by p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p- (May 26, 2024 02:31:32)

New!
Codey9
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p- wrote:

Also I don't know much about this forum, but saying MJ is overrated is a little insane lol. Idk how old some of you are but I think most of you missed the music era he influenced. His music directly paved the way for 90's, 00's and 10's pop. Not much influence on Hip Hop/Rap, but his songs are all certified bangers.
For sure.

Also yeah new Twenty One Pilots album was good, my favorites were Routines in the Night and Vignette

CHECK OUT MY NEW TOURNAMENT:
@NoCommunicationTournaments

Each team that competes can have no interaction between their members. If you want to join, go here:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/959971233/

Codey9 | Critical thinker | INTJ | Screenwriter, Artist, and Game Maker
I could sell my house and move out to L.A.
Get inside of rooms with the biggest of names
Hire fifty people just to give me advice
On the way I should write
Oh God!
Sounds like a nightmare, if you ask me!

MOTTO ~ NF