Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ♫♫ The Piano Shop ♫♫ Temporarily closed to orders ♫♫ Quality music services since 25 May 2022 ♫♫ [RSS Feed]
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

♫♫ The Piano Shop ♫♫ Temporarily closed to orders ♫♫ Quality music services since 25 May 2022 ♫♫

Builder_53_Studios wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Happy birthday ^^.
Yes, I'm dropping by because a little french fry told me-
Griffpatch did it
xDDD Ah, yes- perhaps you're right .

Last edited by BlauHourglass (May 25, 2024 18:04:35)

。 ゚。⋆☾ Did I ask? ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ But sleep's a part of the job, y'know. ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ If everyone were smart, no one would be. ☽ ⋆。 ゚。
——
Retired founder of Soundwave Productions click me, fufu~
Co-owner of The Glow Shop click me, fufu~
Co-owner of Ville de L'Art click me, fufu~
——
ı|ı|ı Script SWC July '24 ı|ı|ı
♕ Classical SSC May '24 ♕
⸙ Epistolary SWC March '24 ⸙
Ex1led
Scratcher
43 posts

♫♫ The Piano Shop ♫♫ Temporarily closed to orders ♫♫ Quality music services since 25 May 2022 ♫♫

Can I un-take this order?

Username: asdfperson135
Musical genre: slow rock
Instruments to be included (optional): trumpet, drums, bass, guitar
Rhythm/time signature (optional): 4/4
Speed/tempo (optional): 95
Specifications (describe your order): Just a nice slow and calming song.
Preferred employee:
Due date (minimum 2 weeks, but we do not ensure this will be respected): 2 weeks
Do you want more than one version (by different employees, not ensured)? sure
Where should we contact you: profile
Have you read the Terms of Service :yes
Other:

● Taken by @Ex1led - deadline passed (May 6th)

I’ve been a bit busy recently and haven’t had much time to make music, I have barely even started on this ._.

music person idk lol
mapfan11
Scratcher
42 posts

684pika wrote:

mapfan11 wrote:

GENERAL ORDER FORM:

Username: mapfan11
Product you would like to order: Song with catchy beats
Product specifications: Kind of what you would hear in a catchy song, basically whatever sounds catchy would be fine.
Preferred employee: whichever is fine
Due date: None but definitely before July 4th
Where should we contact you: My Profile
Have you read the Terms of Service: Yes
Other: Keep it short, like 60-75 seconds, please
Any chance you could fill out the “Original Music Order Form”?

Yeah sure

Hi! I'm mapfan11! I love using Scratch and have used it since June 16, 2020! I have made projects such as “(BROKEN) Drift Chase”, “New Fortnite Chapter 5 Season 2 Reaction”, and more! I am also creator of a podcast called “Map's Fans”! I am a huge Phineas and Ferb lover and a huge nerd at that show too xD

I would greatly appreciate a follow, if you want!
seg-leinad
Scratcher
100+ posts

2000 posts! Another achievement comes by… Thank you to everyone who's made this possible.
seg-leinad
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ex1led wrote:

Can I un-take this order?

Username: asdfperson135
Musical genre: slow rock
Instruments to be included (optional): trumpet, drums, bass, guitar
Rhythm/time signature (optional): 4/4
Speed/tempo (optional): 95
Specifications (describe your order): Just a nice slow and calming song.
Preferred employee:
Due date (minimum 2 weeks, but we do not ensure this will be respected): 2 weeks
Do you want more than one version (by different employees, not ensured)? sure
Have you read the Terms of Service :yes
Other:

● Taken by @Ex1led - deadline passed (May 6th)

I’ve been a bit busy recently and haven’t had much time to make music, I have barely even started on this ._.
Un-taken, if anyone can, please take it
Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Taking this one since it's untaken

Username: Fluffygamer_
Musical genre: see example here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWKvpDvjfR0&list=PLdFD7A-dTiOaNRL4D0wPV7ysG9X_8HhAN&index=32&ab_channel=Whocouldthisbe%3F
Instruments to be included (optional):
Rhythm/time signature (optional):
Speed/tempo (optional):
Specifications (describe your order): I think the example is pretty much showing the style, but I would like it to be at least 2 minutes long and not too repetitive, while still respecting the example's style.
Preferred employee: N/A
Due date (minimum 2 weeks, but we do not ensure this will be respected): 3 weeks
Do you want more than one version (by different employees, not ensured)? no, thank you
Have you read the Terms of Service : yes !
Other: none

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Hey, I'm Builder_53_Studios, composer for fun! I'm an (ex) manager for The Piano Shop, which you should totally check out if you need music, and a composer for Kokoro Beats, an upcoming rhythm game inspired by Project Sekai!

I used to animate with Mine-imator, but I've stopped and focused more on composing.
I compose various styles, including:

- Video Game music
- Cinematic/Epic Orchestral Music
- Electronic Music
- Friday Night Funkin Music (haven't done it in a very long time)
- Unique rock style that is a mix of J-rock and regular rock and synths and cool stuff

Need music? Hit me up!
I think part of the reason I still compose is because I really enjoy it. Music composition has instilled a passion inside of me, which so far hasn't died yet. I've wanted to compose for an actual game (that doesn't get discontinued) for a while, so if you are creating a game that you'll dedicate and not scrap it, I'd love to help out!

I suggest you listen to some of my music before asking me to compose for you. I feel like I have a specific style that I don't know if everyone likes. Listen and see if I would fit for your game!
seg-leinad
Scratcher
100+ posts

Our anniversary already passed, and that means our contest's finished, too!

And that means staff must now vote for their favorite entry. In order to do this, is you are a staff member, please follow these instructions:

1. Go to https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6960671/ and read the “Votation Form” section in its entirety, including the part on how to score each song
2. Click on each entry's links (they can be found above the form) and listen to them carefully.
3. Copy the form mentioned before and complete it. Post it in here. Each employee should fill out a form for each entry, except the one created by them if they have created one.

Please note that this is more of a review than a vote, but I think this way votes are more objective and precise.

The deadline for voting is Thursday 6th June. Any employee who has not voted before then will not be taken into account to award the prizes.

Last edited by seg-leinad (May 26, 2024 18:10:33)

Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Did the votings

Voter's username: JACOB_PONCE-
Entry voting for: Crystal Lights
Sound quality (instruments, beats…) (0-10): 8
Technical quality (tempo, time signature…) (0-10): 9
Melodic quality (and lyrics, if applicable) (0-10): N/A
Harmonic quality, coherence and cohesion (0-10): 8
General impression (0-10): 6
Quote: The second and third chord after the drop really stood out to me, and the nice piano break was a nice way to transition
Notes: Only thing that holds this back from a higher score to me is the lack of a full melody. Melodies are one of the best ways to hook a listener in and stay catchy. This would make for an amazing instrumental though! Suggestion, maybe add some risers and falls. They're a good way to increase tension before the drop.

Voter's username: kooqle
Entry voting for: Conscious Cows
Sound quality (instruments, beats…) (0-10): 7
Melodic quality (and lyrics, if applicable) (0-10): 7
Harmonic quality, coherence and cohesion (0-10): 7
General impression (0-10): 7
Quote: Perfectly executes the eerie vibe that the title describes!
Notes: Sound selection is done well, good job striking a motif. Only suggestions would be to fill out the background so it doesn't sound empty, and change the motif as it goes, so that the song doesn't get boring.

Voter's username: Potato1111111111111
Entry voting for: MegaloPAINia
Quote: Great spin off of the original MEGALOVANIA, does a great job establishing its own!
Notes: One of the riffs stood out to me really well! I would suggest filling out the background with more instruments, to make the song sound more intense, as well as filling it out so it doesn't sound empty.

Voter's username: moneeman
Entry voting for: Whatever he decided to name the title lol, idk what he had
Sound quality (instruments, beats…) (0-10): 9
Melodic quality (and lyrics, if applicable) (0-10): 9
Harmonic quality, coherence and cohesion (0-10): 9
General impression (0-10): 8
Quote: Immediately stood out from the rest! Catchy lyrics (with an AMAZING singer), leaves a lasting impression!
Quotes: Hey, I know Kokoro Beats! I'm the music manager of that game, haha! I promise I'm not being biased against anyone, giving everyone the same judgement. Suggestions would be increasing the singer's vocal volume, as well as taking away and simplifying the instrumental. Mixing could be the next step to making this masterpiece professional! Take out/or lower the volume of some of the chiptune leads behind the vocals. They're amazing, but it clashes too much with the frequencies of the singing. Lower some of the heavy pad chord's volume down too, it's a little too heavy. For this style, also increase the drum's volume. Main things are just to focus the singing and drums in this song. That's all it needs to hit perfection!

Hey, I'm Builder_53_Studios, composer for fun! I'm an (ex) manager for The Piano Shop, which you should totally check out if you need music, and a composer for Kokoro Beats, an upcoming rhythm game inspired by Project Sekai!

I used to animate with Mine-imator, but I've stopped and focused more on composing.

- Video Game music
- Electronic Music
- Unique rock style that is a mix of J-rock and regular rock and synths and cool stuff

Need music? Hit me up!
I think part of the reason I still compose is because I really enjoy it. Music composition has instilled a passion inside of me, which so far hasn't died yet. I've wanted to compose for an actual game (that doesn't get discontinued) for a while, so if you are creating a game that you'll dedicate and not scrap it, I'd love to help out!

I suggest you listen to some of my music before asking me to compose for you. I feel like I have a specific style that I don't know if everyone likes. Listen and see if I would fit for your game!
684pika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Voter's username: @684pika
Entry voting for: Crystal Lights by @JACOB_PONCE-
Harmonic quality, coherence and cohesion (0-10): 9
Quote: Not much of a prominent melody, but a very good, simple song. Nothing wrong with simple; those are often amazing. There was one instrument in the third part that sounded out of place, but other than that, very good.

Entry voting for: Conscious Cows by @kooqle
Sound quality (instruments, beats…) (0-10): 5
Technical quality (tempo, time signature…) (0-10): 8
Melodic quality (and lyrics, if applicable) (0-10): 8
General impression (0-10): 6
Quote: There is nothing wrong with this song, other than the instruments (especially the percussion). I hate to give a bad rating, but songs made on Beepbox just usually don't sound that great. Transition to a better DAW (even if it's just one of the Beepbox mods), and you will make amazing music, I'm sure!

Entry voting for: MegaloPAINia by @Potato1111111111111
Harmonic quality, coherence and cohesion (0-10): 6
Quote: You have done the impossible. You have made Beepbox default drums sound (somewhat) good. However, the chords and the melody don't exactly work quite right. Other than that, not bad.

Entry voting for: Mrmusicnub by @moneeman
Quote: Not much to say about this song. It's good. Some chords don't quite fit, but it may just be the compression used.

Last edited by 684pika (May 26, 2024 19:53:45)

CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN

if you could give me an internet, that'd be great, but it's up to you.

i make music on the beepbox forum

At The Piano Shop, we provide you with quality musical services done by music-lover Scratchers!
The Piano Shop is a shop owned by @seg-leinad which focuses on music. Nowadays, we need staff, so please apply if you're willing to share your music skills with others!

Sorry, you have to wait 60 seconds between posts.

I hang around the forums a lot.

Musician - panromantic - 13 - 8th grade - Gifted - bored - The Beatles - other 60's bands - Manager of the Official Beatles Fan Club!! - idk what else to say. if you have something else for me to put in here lemme know on my profile comments.

hi

rishaandas
Scratcher
100+ posts

Do I have to submit my votings? I know I'm on leave just asking (:

Hello! I'm @rishaandas

control/command + shift + down arrow to scroll

I work at the piano shop! Check that out:

At ♫♫ The Piano Shop ♫♫, we provide you with quality musical services done by music-lover Scratchers!
♫♫ The Piano Shop ♫♫ is a shop owned by @seg-leinad which focuses on music. Nowadays, we need staff, so please apply if you're willing to share your music skills with others!

when I receive [you reading this v]
wait until <you follow me>
say [thank you] for (6.9420) secs
mapfan11
Scratcher
42 posts

Username: mapfan11
Musical genre: Pop
Instruments to be included (optional): Drums, guitar, maybe trumpet would be fine at some point
Rhythm/time signature (optional): 3/4
Speed/tempo (optional): 97
Specifications (describe your order): Song with catchy beats, basically punchy that might get stuck in your head or something.
Preferred employee: Whatever's fine
Due date (minimum 2 weeks, but we do not ensure this will be respected): July 4th
Do you want more than one version (by different employees, not ensured)? If you want!
Where should we contact you: Here or on my profile
Have you read the Terms of Service : Yep!
Other:

Hi! I'm mapfan11! I love using Scratch and have used it since June 16, 2020! I have made projects such as “(BROKEN) Drift Chase”, “New Fortnite Chapter 5 Season 2 Reaction”, and more! I am also creator of a podcast called “Map's Fans”! I am a huge Phineas and Ferb lover and a huge nerd at that show too xD

mapfan11
Scratcher
42 posts

seg-leinad wrote:

Our anniversary already passed, and that means our contest's finished, too!

And that means staff must now vote for their favorite entry. In order to do this, is you are a staff member, please follow these instructions:

1. Go to https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6960671/ and read the “Votation Form” section in its entirety, including the part on how to score each song
2. Click on each entry's links (they can be found above the form) and listen to them carefully.
3. Copy the form mentioned before and complete it. Post it in here. Each employee should fill out a form for each entry, except the one created by them if they have created one.

Please note that this is more of a review than a vote, but I think this way votes are more objective and precise.

The deadline for voting is Thursday 6th June. Any employee who has not voted before then will not be taken into account to award the prizes.

Am I the only person who didn't realize that there WAS a contest? ._.

Fluffygamer_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Taking this one since it's untaken

Username: Fluffygamer_
Musical genre: see example here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWKvpDvjfR0&list=PLdFD7A-dTiOaNRL4D0wPV7ysG9X_8HhAN&index=32&ab_channel=Whocouldthisbe%3F
Instruments to be included (optional):
Rhythm/time signature (optional):
Speed/tempo (optional):
Specifications (describe your order): I think the example is pretty much showing the style, but I would like it to be at least 2 minutes long and not too repetitive, while still respecting the example's style.
Preferred employee: N/A
Due date (minimum 2 weeks, but we do not ensure this will be respected): 3 weeks
Do you want more than one version (by different employees, not ensured)? no, thank you
Have you read the Terms of Service : yes !
Other: none
Thanks! Please do not rush it, I guess the 3 weeks deadline can be reset now that my order is taken!

Last edited by Fluffygamer_ (May 27, 2024 12:35:50)

BREAKING NEWS
The evil kumquats have rebelled and now they don't just eat signatures.

NOW THEY EAT YOUR «MY STUFF» PAGE AND OTHER 2.0 UI PAGES !
Credit to @jmdzti_0-0

BLOCKS ARMY :
((0) - (0)) //  This is Zero. He protects my signature from evil kumquats

------(:-:)------ :: pen //  This is Bumpa. She bumps my topics when necessary. She also have a few skills at fighting since Zero taught her.

(O(w :: variables)O :: sensing) // This is Dogee. He helps me doing projects

('-' :: list) // This is Little. She verify that evil kumquats aren't coming.

° ° :: #0055ff //  This is 2S. He is the best animator I never seen on scratch. His account is Scratcheurscratch (https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Scratcheurscratch)

when green flag clicked :: cap //  This is Soja. I don't know if it's a boy or a girl but who cares ? Soja often draw thumbnails for my projects.
asdfperson135
Scratcher
500+ posts

Voter's username: asdfperson135
Entry voting for: Crystal Lights
Technical quality (tempo, time signature…) (0-10): 7
Harmonic quality, coherence and cohesion (0-10): 7
Quote: It was a good song. Intro was repetitive but the middle of the song is straight fire

Just-Ideas
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hey there. Just giving some dire news. I've been looking around other music shops, and it's apparent that they're using AI apps to make the music. So if sounds seem out of place, or orders are being done in minutes, please be aware.
684pika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Just-Ideas wrote:

Hey there. Just giving some dire news. I've been looking around other music shops, and it's apparent that they're using AI apps to make the music. So if sounds seem out of place, or orders are being done in minutes, please be aware.
i really don't like those ai music generators. let me look for any way possible to shut them down (not just because i don't like them but because they're not good)

also I finished one song from @AZBIDABOI's order, can take more if needed

CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN

At The Piano Shop, we provide you with quality musical services done by music-lover Scratchers!
The Piano Shop is a shop owned by @seg-leinad which focuses on music. Nowadays, we need staff, so please apply if you're willing to share your music skills with others!

Musician - panromantic - 13 - 8th grade - Gifted - bored - The Beatles - other 60's bands - Manager of the Official Beatles Fan Club!! - idk what else to say. if you have something else for me to put in here lemme know on my profile comments.

hi

Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Just-Ideas wrote:

Thanks for the notice, but you do know we're not customers, we make the music lol.

Even though I'm not a manager, I'll know if they used AI. It's pretty easy to tell

- Video Game music
- Electronic Music

Need music? Hit me up!

684pika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Even though I'm not a manager, I'll know if they used AI. It's pretty easy to tell
yeah lol

CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN

hi

asdfperson135
Scratcher
500+ posts

Just-Ideas wrote:

i guess i should wait longer then? im half joking
seg-leinad
Scratcher
100+ posts

-very long snip-
Adding this. Anyway, you dodn't specify anything for Crystal Lights' melody (you said n/a). I need you to say something or the math won't work (unless you want me to skip you in that part and do the rest's average): what should I add as your score?
  • Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ♫♫ The Piano Shop ♫♫ Temporarily closed to orders ♫♫ Quality music services since 25 May 2022 ♫♫ [RSS Feed]