Discuss Scratch

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

[Incubator RC.2.0 is AVAILABLE FOR TESTING] Itinerary: Scratch Game Jams & More (itinerary.eu.org)

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Cool that there is an entire ecosystem of software purely based around Scratch. A small section of the internet, a community!
Indeed

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

[Incubator RC.2.0 is AVAILABLE FOR TESTING] Itinerary: Scratch Game Jams & More (itinerary.eu.org)

The questionnaire is live! If you accidentally dismiss it, just clear your localstorage.

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Looky1173 wrote:

The questionnaire is live! If you accidentally dismiss it, just clear your localstorage.
Or even better, just edit the individual value in the developer tools! What variable is it.

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Looky1173 wrote:

Or even better, just edit the individual value in the developer tools! What variable is it.
It is called “banner-scratch-game-jam-questionnaire”.

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

Oh well, the topic about Scratch Auth being censored just got closed…

ScolderCreations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Looky1173 wrote:

Seems like they kicked out all the good decision makers on the Scratch Team.

ISTILLMAKESTUFF
Scratcher
500+ posts

ScolderCreations wrote:

Looky1173 wrote:

The last post was not at all helpful. Paddle actually needs to improve at being an ST member and reading the posts.

Very first post- https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/565039/ And no, I am totally not embarassed about it. (Especially the blocks)

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

ISTILLMAKESTUFF wrote:

ScolderCreations wrote:

Looky1173 wrote:

The last post was not at all helpful. Paddle actually needs to improve at being an ST member and reading the posts.
Indeed. I already stated that I've contacted the Scratch Team and I even posted the message I sent through Contact Us. Paddle could have replied to that instead of closing the topic.

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Looky1173 wrote:

Indeed. I already stated that I've contacted the Scratch Team and I even posted the message I sent through Contact Us. Paddle could have replied to that instead of closing the topic.
That would have been more helpful.

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Looky1173 wrote:

ISTILLMAKESTUFF wrote:

ScolderCreations wrote:

Looky1173 wrote:

He closed the topic because the ST doesn't wants things like this to be discussed on the forums.

This is Maximouse's signature. Learn more about signatures.
scratchusername40
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dang this made it through the censoring

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

scratchusername40 wrote:

I don't see why this topic could be censored as well.

Last edited by Looky1173 (June 5, 2022 16:23:36)

scratchusername40
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Looky1173 wrote:

(#292)

scratchusername40 wrote:

They censored itinerary links didn't they?

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

scratchusername40 wrote:

Looky1173 wrote:

(#292)

scratchusername40 wrote:

They censored itinerary links didn't they?
Well they removed the link to Itinerary from my profile.

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

Update: Scratch Auth now supports signing in with profile comments.
IMPORTANT: Please use this option sparingly because it puts a large load on the server. Prefer using one click sign in accounts!

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

Okay, data time:
Would you be interested in a platform (website) for hosting Scratch game jams?
  • 19 out of 24 (79.2%) responders said Yes — I think it would be beneficial for the Scratch community
  • 4 out of 24 (16.7%) responders said Yes — I would actively use it
  • 1 out of 24 (4.2%) responders said No — game jams do not interest me
  • 0 out of 24 (0.0%) responders said No — I would rather use Scratch to host and participate in jams
Which of these features would be the most essential for a Scratch game jam platform?
  • 10 out of 23 (43.5%) responders said The ability to submit a project as a team
  • 10 out of 23 (43.5%) responders said The ability to vote on submissions and leave direct feedback for participants
  • *1 out of 23 (4.3%) responders said None of the above; basic features should be enough
  • *1 out of 23 (4.3%) responders said Both of the first two options. Most big projects are made as a team, and feedback is important to make the participants more prepared for the next game jam.
  • *1 out of 23 (4.3%) responders said Polls, galleries, and participant data

* = Not default option; custom response

kccuber
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Looky1173 wrote:

* = Not default option; custom response
yup, that's why your form got removed. someone could have easily put rude stuff or bad words in there.

Made using Nord Theme & Inkscape
ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yeah, we must uncensor Scratch Auth

Yeah, but at least we've learned something today… that every moment of our life should be lived to the fullest because it can be very long or very short, my friend. - Gumball
I felt like I wanted to develop games on here, so I won't leave! (for now)
(last edited 2/8/24)

ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Could you make it so you cannot enter your project in more then 2 jams?

Yeah, but at least we've learned something today… that every moment of our life should be lived to the fullest because it can be very long or very short, my friend. - Gumball
I felt like I wanted to develop games on here, so I won't leave! (for now)
(last edited 2/8/24)

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

For reference (because the Scratch Auth topic was dustbinned):