Discuss Scratch

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

[Incubator RC.2.0 is AVAILABLE FOR TESTING] Itinerary: Scratch Game Jams & More (itinerary.eu.org)

For some reason my post above has not bumped the thread…

dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Incubator RC.2.0 is AVAILABLE FOR TESTING] Itinerary: Scratch Game Jams & More (itinerary.eu.org)

bomp

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

Anything above that grey line is a signature!
Also, anything can be put in your signature, (also referred as a siggy) including ads but! You cannot do anything else that violates the community guidelines as, you will be reported and you could be banned/muted.
Computer enthusiast, coder, designer and a offline veteran.
700th post
Adzboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BUMP

PizzaPizza72
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump!

Hi! I'm PizzaPizza72. Scroll down for my friend codes!

Pretendo Network (Wii U): PizzaPizza72
zaid1442011
Scratcher
500+ posts

Can you explain to me what are game jams? I can also help translate the website to Arabic. (I think I am the only Arab ATer at the moment.)

I am a guy who codes weird stuff. Don’t check my GitHub only if you want stupid HTML pages (or something to host them). Check my platformer if you want to see something to see.

Profiles: GitHub.
You won't understand stuff in my signature because I talk about stuff in the ATs (Advanced Topics).
Check out this song for @griffpatch https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/887382049/

ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

zaid1442011 wrote:

Can you explain to me what are game jams? I can also help translate the website to Arabic. (I think I am the only Arab ATer at the moment.)
A contest for games.

Last edited by ScratchcatandGobo (Aug. 18, 2023 14:26:42)

Check out Leo's adventure
I felt like I wanted to develop games on here, so I won't leave! (for now)
(last edited 2/8/24)

zaid1442011
Scratcher
500+ posts

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

zaid1442011 wrote:

A contest for games.
Like a tournament for a point based or a cloud game, Right?

I am a guy who codes weird stuff. Don’t check my GitHub only if you want stupid HTML pages (or something to host them). Check my platformer if you want to see something to see.

You won't understand stuff in my signature because I talk about stuff in the ATs (Advanced Topics).

mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

zaid1442011 wrote:

(#867)

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

zaid1442011 wrote:

A contest for games.
No, it's about making games.

Signatures are the only place where assets links still work.
AIGamesDeveloper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

zaid1442011 wrote:

(#867)

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

zaid1442011 wrote:

A contest for games.

Yeah so basically it's a competition in which you have to make a game in a specific amount of time. There is usually a theme to these game jams (for example, puzzle games or pixel art games) and participants have to follow that theme.

AIGamesDeveloper in big 2024.
zaid1442011
Scratcher
500+ posts

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

zaid1442011 wrote:

(#867)

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

zaid1442011 wrote:

A contest for games.

Yeah so basically it's a competition in which you have to make a game in a specific amount of time. There is usually a theme to these game jams (for example, puzzle games or pixel art games) and participants have to follow that theme.
Oh.

ToastersUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is Looky still active on scratch?

Sign on the M18 Motorway warning that horses, horse-drawn vehicles, pedestrians and bicycles are forbidden.

Road signs in the Republic of Ireland do not differ greatly from those used elsewhere in Europe – with the notable exception that hazard or warning signs follow the “New World” style of a yellow diamond. The symbols used on these warning signs do, nevertheless, resemble much more closely those used (on red-bordered white or yellow triangles) in the rest of Europe than many of those seen in the United States.

Typical road signs in rural areas of the Republic of Ireland. Here, a fingerpost with old road number and Bord Fáilte logo. Signpost located in Rathangan, Co. Kildare.

Regulatory signs (relating to limits and prohibitions) differ very little from those used in the rest of Europe.

The system of directional signs is based upon, and is very similar to, that employed in the United Kingdom, but is bilingual everywhere except in the Gaeltacht, where only the Irish language is used on signs.

In Ireland, the highest category of road is a motorway (mótarbhealach, plural: mótarbhealaí), indicated by the prefix M followed by a one- or two-digit number (the number of the national route of which each motorway forms a part). The motorway network consists entirely of motorway-grade dual carriageways and is largely focused upon Dublin. There are also several three-lane motorways, while Ireland's busiest road, the M50, incorporates four-lane, five-lane, and six-lane stretches.
Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

ToastersUnited wrote:

From time to time I check my messages on Scratch, but my visits are scarce because I have many other priorities now. The vague comments I get on my profile about people having trouble using Scratch Auth are becoming increasingly annoying, which doesn't motivate me either to come here more often. I mean, what do people expect me to do when they say “I can't sign in!!!”? Guess the details of the problem and magically solve it all for them…?

Last edited by Looky1173 (Aug. 20, 2023 20:15:29)

ToastersUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Looky1173 wrote:

ToastersUnited wrote:

From time to time I check my messages on Scratch, but my visits are scarce because I have many other priorities now. The vague comments I get on my profile about people having trouble using Scratch Auth are becoming increasingly annoying, which doesn't motivate me either to come here more often. I mean, what do people expect me to do when they say “I can't sign in!!!”? Guess the details of the problem and magically solve it all for them…?
I'm happy to help people in your absence if you can redirect them to some other forum topic or something (possibly from the “report an issue” button which goes to your profile)

Sign on the M18 Motorway warning that horses, horse-drawn vehicles, pedestrians and bicycles are forbidden.

Road signs in the Republic of Ireland do not differ greatly from those used elsewhere in Europe – with the notable exception that hazard or warning signs follow the “New World” style of a yellow diamond. The symbols used on these warning signs do, nevertheless, resemble much more closely those used (on red-bordered white or yellow triangles) in the rest of Europe than many of those seen in the United States.

Typical road signs in rural areas of the Republic of Ireland. Here, a fingerpost with old road number and Bord Fáilte logo. Signpost located in Rathangan, Co. Kildare.

Regulatory signs (relating to limits and prohibitions) differ very little from those used in the rest of Europe.

The system of directional signs is based upon, and is very similar to, that employed in the United Kingdom, but is bilingual everywhere except in the Gaeltacht, where only the Irish language is used on signs.

In Ireland, the highest category of road is a motorway (mótarbhealach, plural: mótarbhealaí), indicated by the prefix M followed by a one- or two-digit number (the number of the national route of which each motorway forms a part). The motorway network consists entirely of motorway-grade dual carriageways and is largely focused upon Dublin. There are also several three-lane motorways, while Ireland's busiest road, the M50, incorporates four-lane, five-lane, and six-lane stretches.
Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

ToastersUnited wrote:

I'm happy to help people in your absence if you can redirect them to some other forum topic or something (possibly from the “report an issue” button which goes to your profile)
Thank you for the offer! I've just made it so that the “Report an issue” link points to this new dedicated topic. I would be very grateful if you could help people there if you have the time, and I will periodically check there for new issues too.

Last edited by Looky1173 (Aug. 21, 2023 06:55:26)

WojtekGame
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I can translate the website to Polish
(hope i'm not the only Polish ATer here ;-;)
also why the favicon isn't transparent?

forgot to update sig, i own minecraft months ago lol
JS: code-gui | scratch-player | Roost.js | Pandoa | TOP: Roost.js || C++: Gamine | Gamiinuu | TOP: Gamine
Else: Emoji Painter | Forum Shopping Mall | TOP: Emoji Painter || Profile:Scratch | GitHub
Orgs: Chroast | Twerkish | Komond OS | JS Inventions | TOP: JS Inventions || Ocular Naming: 0 | 1 | 2 | 3
Games: Mom Hid My Game! | Creeper Adventuring
else might be outdated or removed by the ST.
misaPuding
Scratcher
500+ posts

Looky1173 wrote:

(#872)

ToastersUnited wrote:

Welcome to the world of technical soport ;-;

If you own a shop, think about joining the USS or SCA!

IMPORTANT: This siggy is getting interrupted because I lost my glasses. (Credit to @Chiroyce for the interruption´s BBCode)
Please set a status at Ocular by clicking the below image, to make @Jeffalo happy! #OcularStatusesTo5k
Interruption BBCode:
Please set a status at [url=https://ocular.jeffalo.net/?utm_campaign=Scratch%20signature%20link%20in%20<yourusername>%27s%20signature]Ocular[/url] by clicking the below image, to make [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Jeffalo]@Jeffalo[/url] happy! #OcularStatusesTo2k :D
[url=https://ocular.jeffalo.net/?utm_campaign=Scratch%20signature%20banner%20in%20<yourusername>%27s%20signature][img]https://assets.scratch.mit.edu/get_image/.%2E/6c7975af8323a8ffbc74313ce7072f1e.png[/img][/url]
Kumquat slept in thy signature on Scratch. Kumquat openest thy place under your post
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bomp for discussion

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

Anything above that grey line is a signature!
Also, anything can be put in your signature, (also referred as a siggy) including ads but! You cannot do anything else that violates the community guidelines as, you will be reported and you could be banned/muted.
Computer enthusiast, coder, designer and a offline veteran.
700th post