Discuss Scratch

link8304
Scratcher
500+ posts

Opacity?

Soup Port

Hello, people! Link8304's the name. I like Video Games.
Channel: HyperGhost
Steam Name: HyperGhost
Minecraft Username: link8304
PlanetMC: link8304

My Favorite Games are Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Deltarune, OneShot, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, and Night in the Woods.
Script_Helper
Scratcher
100+ posts

Opacity?

UnicorniaPL wrote:

Script_Helper wrote:

HatchetGames wrote:

Use this block:
define transparent(transparencey)
set [ ghost] effect to (transparencey)

This block will change your ghost effect.
The OP is talking about the paint editor.
It didn't work for me…
???

Last edited by Script_Helper (Jan. 7, 2018 10:30:06)

VideoGamerCanInvent
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Opacity?

Support. A useful tool that is needed.

woah, haven't been on here in a while
AnonymousGuyz
Scratcher
1 post

Opacity?

YES, DEFINITELY add an opacity slider!!!!! that sounds like a GREAT idea
wyattE14
Scratcher
2 posts

Opacity?

mythbusteranimator wrote:

Ghost effect
I think he means opacity slider as in like being able to control the transparency in the paint editor, not just on the screen, so that it will only me be selected parts.
wyattE14
Scratcher
2 posts

Opacity?

UnicorniaPL wrote:

ThePancakeMan wrote:

hi, I think it would be nice if you had opacity (transparency) in the paint editor.

Yes, I agree. Even if not in the paint editor, it would be nice if that was in the “Looks” section. This would be really helpful.
They already do have it in the looks section under effects. It's called Ghost.
set [Ghost] effect to (0)
stickfiregames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Opacity?

It's possible to make flat transparent colours in the bitmap editor, but it's very tedious and doesn't work with vector, so I support.

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!

or you just used Inspect Element, you hacker

;
TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Opacity?

Support- this would be so useful for us artists and general story-makers.

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
Vlatkos
Scratcher
1 post

Opacity?

CeruleanRose
Scratcher
100+ posts

Opacity?

Support also

Stop :: #007FFF stack
global :: #03C03C stack
warming! :: #007FFF stack
'Sup.
 Hello there! Just a warning, I put a loooooot of text in this thing so only read it if you have time. I used the [code] tag to make this thingy. So... yeah! Hi there! I'm Isabella, but you can just call me Izzy. This is actually my second account, I'll follow you if you can follow the digital breadcrumbs and find my other. Scavenger hunt! Seriously tho I just wanted a disconnected account so if you can find it you get a digital thumbs-up. Currently, I am into (don't close out on me here!) the video game Undertale. If you haven't heard of it, it's "The video game where nothing has to die." It's got one of my favorite stories and-    well, I won't rant at you here. Don't be put off by the toxic fanbase, most of us find the small but vocal group of 10-year-olds quite obnoxious as well. Also, I'm trying to improve my art although I haven't put much of it on this account. I don't like the 3.0 costume maker interface tho because they ruined the reshape tool and now it considers a line a donut-shaped object and I used to do most of my art through reshaping basic shapes so yeah. I've recently gotten into a few art YouTubers who are my current senpais, look up WalkingMelonsAAA. I hope to draw like her someday. lol, I had this whole idea for what I was going to put in my siggy and I got waaaaay off track. It's also too long so I'll cut out some of what I was going to say. Do you have any tips on making my poses not so stiff? I know this is a problem loads of young artists have had. This account is currently most active on the forums so I most likely won't make any new projects here for a while. And this tells me you read to the end and care about what I have to say! Here's a heart. ♥ Leave a comment on my Week 4 Leilani's Art Camp project with the phrase "caramel popcorn" and I'll love one of your projects. Thanks for reading this! Bye! 
mystery4000
Scratcher
100+ posts

Opacity?

I think it is better to use an external program; for example, Inkscape. Scratch is a block programming game engine, and is not an art design or sound design tool. However, I do think this should be in here because most people who use scratch are beginners and beginners would probably not choose to use an external tool. Beginners would have a use for an alpha (I would like my programming with extra technical terms please) setting for costume design.
Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Opacity?

Why would you need to do this?

mystery4000
Scratcher
100+ posts

Opacity?

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

Why would you need to do this?
The same reason there is a color picker rather than choosing the default colors: For more detail in artwork/ graphics. Sure, scratch is for coding, but I think that people who are interested in designing games start with scratch, but they don’t always know they want to become a programmer. Maybe they learn they prefer making art or helping on forums which will be their start in being a QA person, artist, animator, etc…. Most people (assumption) stay with scratch for a good few years so I think giving them more tools to better their skill is good.
Fudspy
Scratcher
2 posts

Opacity?

support!!!!!
violet_raven
Scratcher
100+ posts

Opacity?

Support PLEASE! It would be really really useful in art!

Dan-The-Squid
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Opacity?

I think they're adding this in 3.0

Leaving bye
StrangeMagic32
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Opacity?

(redacted)

Last edited by StrangeMagic32 (July 18, 2021 22:20:28)

“Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;”
- Doctrine and Covenants 18:10

I have since moved to @JollyWinter
Dragonlord767
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Opacity?

Support. This would be so useful.

no signature plz
girlsruless
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Opacity?

I wish this could be implemented now….

ROBLOX, Minecraft, Pokémon, AJ, Miraculous, Warrior cats, HTTYD, and CW fan(and obviosly a girl), girlsruless.