Discuss Scratch

Malicondi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Opacity?

battleforacastle wrote:

ever heard of people who can't even do this, such as mobile scratchers?
Scratch isn't meant for mobile, mainly catered towards computer, also i'm pretty sure they're joking as it being “simple”.

post #1000 post #100 i help in the forums post #1 post #500 0 second ninja
I recommend reading jvvg's essay about the scratch team before complaining, as it may change your opinion and provide insight on the topic.

coming soon :)

The-Sushi-Cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

Opacity?

undeterminstic wrote:

battleforacastle wrote:

undeterminstic wrote:

no support just download the project rename it to a zip file unzip the zip file. locate the svg file for the costume, open the svg in a text editor and directly edit it. then save your changes to the svg, compress your folder into a zip file and rename to sb3. then upload into scratch. simple
ever heard of people who can't even do this, such as mobile scratchers?
mobile scratchers exist?
No, we don't

Making a counterargument? Look here first!
An evil kumquat ate my first username lol

Call me Sushi!

They/He/It/She in order of preference

A little part of me dies inside when someone says, “He/She” instead of just using they-

Try to refrain from saying, ‘No support’. It comes off as extremely negative. “The forums are for criticism! Don't post it you don't want it!” Agreed. But I never said that you should agree with everyone. No suggestion will ever be perfect
What sounds more constructive?
“No support, people would spam with it”
“This would lead to a lot of spam, since people can't get away from it. Not to mention, it might upset a few people with the way it's implemented”

In #1, you didn't help OP at all. You said you didn't like it, and why. Nothing else. Not even what was causing the issue of spam
In #2, you pointed out the flaws and the root causes of them. Flaws shouldn't always get a suggestion absolutely ignored

And simply supporting doesn't always help either. It's not a voting system, it's improving your ideas. There's going to be cons, there's going to be flaws, and that's the point of the suggestions. No suggestion is ever 100% perfect in any way
Here are some things you can look out for:
-Are there any flaws/cons that haven't been addressed or fixed?
-Is this idea fully flushed out? Or are there some questions you can ask?
-Are there any flaws that you know how to fix or do you know how to flush something out a bit more?
-Is there anyone else who is confused and needs some clarification?

If you don't have to do any of these, then you can move on!

Is a suggestion unable to be added because it's just impossible? Point out why and have them decide what to do next
But still, try not to say ‘no support’
Chickennuggetcon
Scratcher
100+ posts

Opacity?

Support we need opacity for shadows, windows, liquids and whatnot

Hello! im chickennuggetcon

profile: here!
channel: Its called “Chickennuggetcon” plz sub
A studio I made: its called “jukestars enteetainment”
lastest game i have made : Its called “sleep”
qwertyy_the_artist
Scratcher
100+ posts

Opacity?

+1

i may give incorrect information at times. i also don't scour people's topics for duplicates, so excuse me if i comment on one
qwertyy // 14yo // transfem!! // she/her

don't just say “please don't necropost.” this is nonconstructive. instead, explain what it is! necroposting faq
battleforacastle
Scratcher
100+ posts

Opacity?

undeterminstic wrote:

no support just download the project rename it to a zip file unzip the zip file. locate the svg file for the costume, open the svg in a text editor and directly edit it. then save your changes to the svg, compress your folder into a zip file and rename to sb3. then upload into scratch. simple
not to mention that kids (the literal target demographic for scratch) might not know how to do this.

this is a signature.
battleforacastle
Scratcher
100+ posts

Opacity?

bump because i support this

this is a signature.
Masterscratch1117
Scratcher
100+ posts

Opacity?

support, using a gradient with the invis color on one side cant fit most situations.

Like dungeons and challenges? Take a look at The Techno Dungeon! beat as many floors as you can before you run out of health!
Look at me, DO NOT NECROPOST ON THESE:

Only link a tutorial on hws if it exactly matches their problem. This is a good example of one to suggest a tutorial to:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/761109/

This is a bad one:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/761126/

100th post! https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/734419/
Generation XI (11): the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
mumu245
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Opacity?

undeterminstic wrote:

(#766)
Rather than doing that, you can just upload a costume made in another SVG editor or a text editor.

select this text then press Ctrl+Shift+Down to read more
ToastRoastBoast
Scratcher
500+ posts

Opacity?

bump cuz dupe

ihfeifiebifbri
Atomizser
Scratcher
1 post

Opacity?

i read all this and still don't know how to make it transparent in costumes
MountY_Backup
Scratcher
100+ posts

Opacity?

This topic is a dupe.

Last edited by MountY_Backup (April 11, 2024 02:01:55)

I like public transit and games.
BlobbyStudios
Scratcher
100+ posts

Opacity?

+1

Highlight something, then press Shift+Down arrow to see the rest of my signature! You can do it with other's signatures too!

I'm Blobbystudios! I'm obsessed with old scratch, been on this site for (almost) three years, and am WAY to active!
This is my best project and I would appreciate your feedback and ideas!
So yeah that's really all

(',:|)
Wuchu doin down 'ere?
gat165
Scratcher
8 posts

Opacity?

There is a way to get opacity, but it’s a weird procedure with the vector select tool. The, other one, that moves the individual corners of the shape.

(You’re reading this in your head.)
AZBIDABOI
Scratcher
100+ posts

Opacity?

Capable with Turbowarpremoved
EDIT: king of the 40th page

Last edited by spectre_specs (April 14, 2024 18:42:23)

kokaAOALAAKAOKAOkokoko ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
No_Normal
Scratcher
100+ posts

Opacity?

ThePancakeMan wrote:

hi, I think it would be nice if you had opacity (transparency) in the paint editor.
You can have transparency, but scratch hides it.
RethinkingVoxels
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Opacity?

AZBIDABOI wrote:

Capable with Turbowarp and [REDACTED]
We get that and

AZBIDABOI wrote:

and [REDACTED]
NO
NAMING
EXTENSIONS!
BlobbyStudios
Scratcher
100+ posts

Opacity?

No_Normal wrote:

ThePancakeMan wrote:

hi, I think it would be nice if you had opacity (transparency) in the paint editor.
You can have transparency, but scratch hides it.
How? And don't give me that stuff about “using an add*n or making the file in a different editor”

Last edited by BlobbyStudios (April 14, 2024 18:12:27)

Highlight something, then press Shift+Down arrow to see the rest of my signature! You can do it with other's signatures too!

I'm Blobbystudios! I'm obsessed with old scratch, been on this site for (almost) three years, and am WAY to active!

Wuchu doin down 'ere?
junksty
Scratcher
2 posts

Opacity?

i return and ye
PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Opacity?

junksty wrote:

(#785)
-snip-
Let's not go off-topic please.

Hello! Welcome to my signature!

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Profile | Ocular | ScratchStats | PostPercent | GitHub Main | Snap!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

I forgor my account password to give an internet ☠

I’ve been a Scratcher since 2021!

My glorious meme section (scroll down to see more)

BlobbyStudios
Scratcher
100+ posts

Opacity?

bumperino

Wuchu doin down 'ere?