Discuss Scratch

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

Codegirl101 wrote:

I would love to help with the coding! For now, i don't really know what ill do, but i can also check around how people are doing and see what they are up to!
You need to fill out an application to join! Sorry, it's just a little thing we do.

7500+ posts (19th)
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

talkingtoilet8 wrote:

@Austinato: most of the members are not curating the studio. If you added them, they could add the projects themselves and would save you sove time
Oh, sorry… Remember I've been busy with managing the forums, ever since my comeback on Saturday. xD But yeah, I invited a couple (not all) members, and right now I ask for all members who have not been invited to the Official Studio to notify me on my profile ASAP!

7500+ posts (19th)
Icey29
Scratcher
500+ posts

Yeah- tempers are rising here. I'm going to get this out, and when you read this, PLEASE try to understand that I'm stressed in many places right now.
FIRST of all, it really irks me that one person “I'm the only one doing all the work” first of all- this is NOT true. Many people have been helping out, INCLUDING me. I think what some people have to understand is that some of us are younger, (I'm 11) and that we have other things to do then use Scratch. I, personally do not use it 24/7. I have created a few SC sprites, and I have a huge sprite pack that isn't finished yet, since I only had about 10 minutes to work on it. I have a TON of homework, and other work, too, so I'm trying my best to get this done in a timely fashion.
Also- I think we shouldn't have a ‘coming soon’ date for this. It is a Scratch Collab- I don't think it is going to come out in November. There are many of us working on one project- without meeting face-to-face. It is a difficult task and will take 10x longer then doing it face-to-face. For example, Pokémon Land and Sea. It has been going on for many years, and isn't even close do being finished. This is because times and work limits are spread out. We should be able to take our time to create a great game.
If this is how things will continue- with all of us trying to cram work in- I'm going to have to quit. This whole thing is causing me stress it shouldn't cause me.
Again, try to understand what I say above-
Icey

Last edited by Icey29 (Oct. 20, 2014 21:22:48)

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Icey29 wrote:

Yeah- tempers are rising here. I'm going to get this out, and when you read this, PLEASE try to understand that I'm stressed in many places right now.
FIRST of all, it really irks me that " doing all the work" first of all- this is NOT true. Many people have been helping out, INCLUDING me. I think what some people have to understand is that some of us are younger, (I'm 11) and that we have other things to do then use Scratch. I, personally do not use it 24/7. I have created a few SC sprites, and I have a huge sprite pack that isn't finished yet, since I only had about 10 minutes to work on it. I have a TON of homework, and other work, too, so I'm trying my best to get this done in a timely fashion.
Also- I think we shouldn't have a ‘coming soon’ date for this. It is a Scratch Collab- I don't think it is going to come out in November. There are many of us working on one project- without meeting face-to-face. It is a difficult task and will take 10x longer then doing it face-to-face. For example, Pokémon Land and Sea. It has been going on for many years, and isn't even close do being finished. This is because times and work limits are spread out. We should be able to take our time to create a great game.
If this is how things will continue- with all of us trying to cram work in- I'm going to have to quit. This whole thing is causing me stress it shouldn't cause me.
Icey

I am deeply sorry about how you feel about this situation here. I don't disagree, but I do have some things I want to point out though.

1 - If you are stressed, let us know as soon as you want to, so we could arrange things to fit your needs.
2 - " is doing all the work" bugs me too, but I haven't seen any on this forum. Also, I try not to put everything on one person.
3 - I am busy with schoolwork, too! Just to let you know. And, I'm sure other people are and do understand. I hope that everyone who is busy with schoolwork and feel like they need more time to focus on that would notify any director, so they could be stressless and happy.
4 - The November date I meant to take out, because I, myself, noticed that I am getting busy, too. The November date doesn't mean it's due by November 1st, or any date in the month of November. It is just an estimated and unofficial date for the release. I did not intend any stress about the date.
5 - If you feel unconfortable, angry, stressed, or any kind of unconfortable events, I hope anyone will notify me. If you do, I could arrange things to suit your needs. Also, we could modify the things we need and what amount ASAP.
Also note that the collab isn't meant to be a hateful place– It is supposed to be fun and not for anger. The reason why I founded this collab is just for fun!

Please let me know how you feel.

I hope you don't leave, because not just you, but everyone will be sad!

7500+ posts (19th)
NolanAwesome
Scratcher
500+ posts

Name: NolanAwesome

Job Area: Coder

Scratch Experience: 141 shared projects, almost a year, 73 followers

Interest in racing games: I like competition games

Racing games previously or currently own: Mario Kart super circuit (GBA) XD

Extra notes: None

ey em bord.
Scratchers to check out:
- DravenN
- SUPERMAR
- -Sunset-
- whadada
NOLAN | NO, ACTIVE, FOLLOWERS
(no really, no views on my projects)
Give me an internet
Icey29
Scratcher
500+ posts

Austinato wrote:

Icey29 wrote:

FIRST of all, it really irks me that " doing all the work" first of all- this is NOT true. Many people have been helping out, INCLUDING me. I think what some people have to understand is that some of us are younger, (I'm 11) and that we have other things to do then use Scratch. I, personally do not use it 24/7. I have created a few SC sprites, and I have a huge sprite pack that isn't finished yet, since I only had about 10 minutes to work on it. I have a TON of homework, and other work, too, so I'm trying my best to get this done in a timely fashion.
Icey

I am deeply sorry about how you feel about this situation here. I don't disagree, but I do have some things I want to point out though.

1 - If you are stressed, let us know as soon as you want to, so we could arrange things to fit your needs.
2 - " is doing all the work" bugs me too, but I haven't seen any on this forum. Also, I try not to put everything on one person.
3 - I am busy with schoolwork, too! Just to let you know. And, I'm sure other people are and do understand. I hope that everyone who is busy with schoolwork and feel like they need more time to focus on that would notify any director, so they could be stressless and happy.
4 - The November date I meant to take out, because I, myself, noticed that I am getting busy, too. The November date doesn't mean it's due by November 1st, or any date in the month of November. It is just an estimated and unofficial date for the release. I did not intend any stress about the date.
5 - If you feel unconfortable, angry, stressed, or any kind of unconfortable events, I hope anyone will notify me. If you do, I could arrange things to suit your needs. Also, we could modify the things we need and what amount ASAP.
Also note that the collab isn't meant to be a hateful place– It is supposed to be fun and not for anger. The reason why I founded this collab is just for fun!

Thank you for understanding. A scratcher on here claimed he was doing all the work, and that just went *thump* to my head.
I'll try to get the sprite pack out this weekend or next- it contains the following:
1. Character Select heads for Austinato, Icey, Giga, Pico, Nano
2. (Hopefully) Bobbing Scratch cat that would be positioned under a car overlay
3. Overhead views for all above listed characters (the tops of their heads) for the engine

Emma5251
Scratcher
59 posts

Austinato wrote:

Emma5251 wrote:

Austinato wrote:

Xelophelt wrote:

Austinato wrote:

Xelophelt wrote:

Austinato wrote:

Emma5251 wrote:

Emma5251 wrote:

Austinato wrote:

Scratcher Kart
-Music Director - can i be that??

oops accidently left the crossing out thing there…
So, you want to be the Music Director?

That means, you will get to make the music in the game, such as music course selection, theme, etc.

Are you sure you want it? :)
I think 64Yes is doing music also, but I let 64Yes in, so If she wants to do it, she and 64Yes can make music for Scratcher Kart.
At this point, I do not care.
Ok, we could form a Music Department, if you want!
Sure!
I just formed one. 64Yes will be the leader, and then Emma5251 could still be in, but could be Co-Leader.
cul thx
Also another application was sent in the Music Department. Do you want to make the music? (Bad news: Only instrumental, meaning no singing. Sorry, it's just to simulate just like Mario Kart, there hasn't been a track with actual singing yet.)
well idk how to make music…
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Icey29 wrote:

Austinato wrote:

Icey29 wrote:

Icey

Thank you for understanding. A scratcher on here claimed he was doing all the work, and that just went *thump* to my head.
I'll try to get the sprite pack out this weekend or next- it contains the following:
1. Character Select heads for Austinato, Icey, Giga, Pico, Nano
2. (Hopefully) Bobbing Scratch cat that would be positioned under a car overlay
3. Overhead views for all above listed characters (the tops of their heads) for the engine

Yeah, I hope the person doesn't say that again, because if they continue to, it might cause worse events, such as people leaving, etc.

1. I can't wait! Do you still have the example I sent you?
2. What do you mean by ‘bobbing’?
3. Cool!

7500+ posts (19th)
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NolanAwesome wrote:

Ok, here is my reviews!

Name: Ok, you want to go with your username, right? (No nicknames, etc.)
Job Area: What specifically in Coding? Because we have around 3 different coders who do different jobs!
Scratch Experience: Strong one I see! That's a good enough one!
Interest: How much? lol JK
Racing Games Previously Owned: Any other games from the Mario Kart Franchise or any others?

7500+ posts (19th)
NolanAwesome
Scratcher
500+ posts

Austinato wrote:

NolanAwesome wrote:

Ok, here is my reviews!

1.Name: Ok, you want to go with your username, right? (No nicknames, etc.)
2.Job Area: What specifically in Coding? Because we have around 3 different coders who do different jobs!
3.Scratch Experience: Strong one I see! That's a good enough one!
4.Interest: How much? lol JK
5.Racing Games Previously Owned: Any other games from the Mario Kart Franchise or any others?
1. Yep, my username is fine. You can call me Nolan if you want.
2. Ummm…, what jobs are there?
4. I didn't really know what to put there, so that's what I put. XD
5. Nope. I don't have a lot of games; I don't have enough money. BTW, I run Mario Kart o my DS.

ey em bord.
Scratchers to check out:
- DravenN
- SUPERMAR
- -Sunset-
- whadada
NOLAN | NO, ACTIVE, FOLLOWERS
(no really, no views on my projects)
Give me an internet
Xelophelt
Scratcher
500+ posts

hey, Austinato, How many people do we have in the collab right now? I just want to know..

Last edited by Xelophelt (Oct. 21, 2014 01:03:32)

amateurradiogeek15
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Xelophelt wrote:

hey, Austinato, How many people do we have in the collab right now? I just want to know..

Application is in the first post too BTW

Work of @PeaInAPod

Come on down and join us!!

When All Else Fails, There's Amateur Radio!!!
It could save your life!
Proud Member of The Holland Amateur Radio Club.
Thousands of clubs around the planet!
Emergency communications!
Lots of Fun!
Join the Ultra Player Collaboration making a Cloud Multiplayer Game!!!!!
Multiplayer siggy=

Xelophelt
Scratcher
500+ posts

amateurradiogeek15 wrote:

Xelophelt wrote:

Okay! I think you caught me after I edited the null post.

amateurradiogeek15
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Xelophelt wrote:

Xelophelt wrote:

Okay! I think you caught me after I edited the null post.

Um yah. Ok… I think something goofed up here… XD

Work of @PeaInAPod

It could save your life!
Lots of Fun!
Multiplayer siggy=

Icey29
Scratcher
500+ posts

Austinato- ya know how when you select your kart and your character the character sorta moves its shoulders and elbows in the kart? If you can picture that, its what I'm making.
talkingtoilet8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Icey29 wrote:

Austinato- ya know how when you select your kart and your character the character sorta moves its shoulders and elbows in the kart? If you can picture that, its what I'm making.

what characters are you using for that? Is it the ones in my project or a remix of jim the eagle's?

Icey29
Scratcher
500+ posts

talkingtoilet8 wrote:

Icey29 wrote:

what characters are you using for that? Is it the ones in my project or a remix of jim the eagle's?
If you had read the posts above you would know. It is not from either -.-
amateurradiogeek15
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Icey29 wrote:

talkingtoilet8 wrote:

Icey29 wrote:

Ok, ok calm down guys….

Work of @PeaInAPod

It could save your life!
Lots of Fun!
Multiplayer siggy=

Icey29
Scratcher
500+ posts

Icey29 wrote:

talkingtoilet8 wrote:

Icey29 wrote:

Ok, ok calm down guys….
I wasn't yelling
Jim_the_Eagle
Scratcher
500+ posts

More Karts here

WHY ARE YOU SNOOPING IN MY SIGNATURE?!?