Discuss Scratch

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

Jim_the_Eagle wrote:

this is Jim the Eagle's brother.
i do not have an acount but will soon. I will use the off-line editor and share throu my brother's acount (if i do not have my own one).
i woud like to do the game icon, but can i use imagination or does it have to be a copy?

You could use custom fonts by others, copy/paste fonts, but you can't just take it from the internet and use it!

You could…
Use full imagination.
Use partial help from sites.
Use other logos as inspiration.
Copy/Paste fonts only.

I hope you get an account soon! :)
Edit: Remember, you're also required to fill out an application before officially joining.

Last edited by Austinato (Oct. 1, 2014 21:45:01)

7500+ posts (19th)
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EdenStudio wrote:

I have the SVG version too so you dont need to convert it because it makes the quality really bad
Whoa, thanks so much! Although, bad thing; you need to officially join before making art. So, please hurry! I would like someone to do the art, and you look like the one!

Simplified (in case if you didn't understand): You could do the art! But, you're not an official member, therefore; you can't do art that will officially be submitted as a member. You could still do fan art, too, but I rather have you as member! Did that make sense?

7500+ posts (19th)
cottonbloom
Scratcher
90 posts

Name: Cottonbloom (aka COTTONBALL OF EPICNESS)
Job area: Artist (as in sprites and animation please)
Scratch Experience: a 50% or 70%
Interest in racing game: pretty good, I love mario kart
Previously owned Racing Games: none
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

Hi, I'm part of a newspaper collaboration and we are going to start putting adverts for jobs in our newspapers. You do want us to advise your collaboration? If so please reply.
Oh, sure! I'll appreciate it if you add an article with this collaboration!
Just please keep nice articles and words about it, too!

7500+ posts (19th)
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EdenStudio wrote:

I can do the artists job, logos, loading screens, pretty much everything but not character design or map designs
Ok, here's another thing; you could only do one job (as of right now) because daily there is more and more people joining, meaning there might be needing more jobs. I recommend you keeping the logo job! You're good at it, and you get to keep it and we use it!

7500+ posts (19th)
cottonbloom
Scratcher
90 posts

So, I signed up

Last edited by cottonbloom (Oct. 1, 2014 21:52:12)

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cottonbloom wrote:

So, I signed up
Hold a sec, I'm still looking at previous ones. I see yours above, but I'm also looking at previous ones.

7500+ posts (19th)
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DeltaDragon wrote:

Name:Just call me dragon
Job Area: Graphical Design (whatever you need)
Scratch Experience: about 12.5 months
Interest in racing games: i would say around 75%
Racing games previously or currently own: Mario Kart Ds and Wii, NFS Rivals, and Crah turbo Kart (I used to have a ps1 with atari games so the retro racing type games too)
Extra notes: I am fairly decent at vector art, I am working oon some collab app art in my spare time.
Ok, you're in! :D I just need you to help with the main menu buttons. Example found above in the one of the posts above. (You might need to look closely.)

Last edited by Austinato (Oct. 1, 2014 22:06:38)

7500+ posts (19th)
cottonbloom
Scratcher
90 posts

Austinato wrote:

cottonbloom wrote:

So, I signed up
Hold a sec, I'm still looking at previous ones. I see yours above, but I'm also looking at previous ones.
Okay, no prob!
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cottonbloom wrote:

Name: Cottonbloom (aka COTTONBALL OF EPICNESS)
Job area: Artist (as in sprites and animation please)
Scratch Experience: a 50% or 70%
Interest in racing game: pretty good, I love mario kart
Previously owned Racing Games: none
Ok, your application is good…

Goods
Name - I love your nickname!
Scratch Experience - Ok, that's kind of good.
Interest - Ok, that's good.
Previously owned Racing Games - You don't have any previous experience?

Bads
Name - Ok, I might need a shorter nickname, or just pick with 'Cottonbloom'. Plus, there are a few exceptions (i.e. your nickname is naturally long.)
Job Area - Could you use the list of jobs available in the second page for a reference guide? Then, give me the specific job!

Other than that, you are good to go! Just fix the ones under ‘Bads’. Don't feel sad or anything about it! I just need a little more edits, and then we're good to go. Ok?

7500+ posts (19th)
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EdenStudio wrote:

I can do the artists job, logos, loading screens, pretty much everything but not character design or map designs
Ok, here's another thing; you could only do one job (as of right now) because daily there is more and more people joining, meaning there might be needing more jobs. I recommend you keeping the logo job! You're good at it, and you get to keep it and we use it!

7500+ posts (19th)
cottonbloom
Scratcher
90 posts

Name: cottonball
job area: Artist

Note- I dont want to do music, I mainly want to do the logo, sprites, and animation, and I didnt see that in the options…..
cottonbloom
Scratcher
90 posts

scratch that, forget the logo part
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cottonbloom wrote:

Note- I dont want to do music, I mainly want to do the logo, sprites, and animation, and I didnt see that in the options…..
Ok. Hmm, what specific art do you want to work on, though? (if you're interested in art?)

List:
►Default car sprite
►Character art (in Character selection) (only head)
►Track Art
►Track Logo

Oh, and the reason why you didn't see animation, is because the only time there's going to be an animation or stop-scene, will either be in the beginning, or the end of the game. Also, if the player decides to hit credits, then that will include an animation of credits with possibly your name in it! :D Plus, it could also be the animation of the character spinning around, although it is not likely we will be doing that.

7500+ posts (19th)
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cottonbloom wrote:

scratch that, forget the logo part
Yeah, I think someone is already doing that / is assigned to that job.

7500+ posts (19th)
cottonbloom
Scratcher
90 posts

Well…………

Last edited by cottonbloom (Oct. 2, 2014 01:42:42)

cottonbloom
Scratcher
90 posts

Austinato wrote:

cottonbloom wrote:

Ok. Hmm, what specific art do you want to work on, though? (if you're interested in art?)

List:
►Default car sprite
►Track Art
►Track Logo

Oh, and the reason why you didn't see animation, is because the only time there's going to be an animation or stop-scene, will either be in the beginning, or the end of the game. Also, if the player decides to hit credits, then that will include an animation of credits with possibly your name in it! :D Plus, it could also be the animation of the character spinning around, although it is not likely we will be doing that.
okay, so maybe animation a sprites (like characters, character menue. so yah. Characters and car sprites?
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cottonbloom wrote:

Austinato wrote:

cottonbloom wrote:

List:
►Default car sprite
►Track Art
►Track Logo

okay, so maybe animation a sprites (like characters, character menue. so yah. Characters and car sprites?

Ok, but choose one of the jobs given in the list above!

7500+ posts (19th)
cottonbloom
Scratcher
90 posts

Track logos?
Jim_the_Eagle
Scratcher
500+ posts

Jim_the_Eagle
Game logo
Accuont: 1 month, Offline ediror: quite a while
multipule games on ipad

Jim_ the_Eagle (Brother)
Game logo
Offline ediror: a while
multipule games on ipad
might have an account of my own soon

WHY ARE YOU SNOOPING IN MY SIGNATURE?!?