Discuss Scratch

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

Xelophelt wrote:

Austinato wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion!
–Although, I could see how often they are online, too… xD

But, I might add it!
Would you also want your own track?

Also, your amount of dedication is perfect. You're in! :D I also like how much words you put, but not too many! :D
Sorry, It's a force of habit, and I over explain things in real life, plus I like talking. XD
And yes, I want a track of my own. Make it Xelophelt Stadium from Explosion the Racer 1, and should I make your track from ER2, or should you give it to me so I can add it in ER2 as well?

I think giving the track to you in a seperate project before the Scratcher Kart game releases will better explain the title. Because the track is "(ER2) Austinato Raceway" meaning it came/debuted in Explosion the Racer 2. Plus, please draw Xelophelt Stadium, so I could get the track in!

Plus, the name for your track will be…
(ER1) Xelophelt Stadium
…Is that good?


7500+ posts (19th)
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

Craftwithcookies wrote:

Will it be 3D? no lag? Cloud Data? if all 3 questions are true, then il pitch in or somthing.
We might do 3D, we might just do scrolling, we might do just classic, we're not sure. Although, we got everything so far thought out and planned. We just need to think about the scripting and the way it goes. ShadowRaven, our Programmer (there could be multiple, too.), created a project with scrolling scripts.

Lagging, depends on how much stuff we put in it. If we do 3D, it might have lag. Like I said, we might add add-on characters and more into the game. So, it really depends on the type of game we decide on. (We're deciding Racing, but I'm saying like, 3D/Scroll/Classic).

Cloud Data, well, we might add a Cloud Multiplayer racing feature!

Please join, too! :D Having more people in here, would really help! :D Fill out the application, too! :D


7500+ posts (19th)
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

cottonbloom wrote:

Could I do character menue and sprites?
Well, don't do too much– Remember there's only 4 or so people in here! Some more people might join and we might have Main Menu jobs and all of that! I've notified around 5 people, they might be joining sometime soon! (Oops, I meant application.)


7500+ posts (19th)
Xelophelt
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

Austinato wrote:

Xelophelt wrote:

-snip-

And yes, I want a track of my own. Make it Xelophelt Stadium from Explosion the Racer 1, and should I make your track from ER2, or should you give it to me so I can add it in ER2 as well?

I think giving the track to you in a seperate project before the Scratcher Kart game releases will better explain the title. Because the track is "(ER2) Austinato Raceway" meaning it came/debuted in Explosion the Racer 2. Plus, please draw Xelophelt Stadium, so I could get the track in!

Plus, the name for your track will be…
(ER1) Xelophelt Stadium
…Is that good?
Yeah, it is. I need a draft for Austinato Raceway.
Oh, and for Xelophelt Stadium, I will give you a scrollable version of that from ER2 (I'm bringing it back).
I will probably release the Scratcher's edition of ER2 first, just to build massive hype, and to prepare my other tracks for ER2: My Version.
Dang…. I have to be shorter with my sentences.

Last edited by Xelophelt (Sept. 29, 2014 23:39:31)



Jim_the_Eagle
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

The cars: top on? side on? from amagination? copied? 3D? flat?
My little brother would like to do some car designing, but it deppends on some of these things.
If the spesifications are at his level and to his liking I will fill in the aplication form.
Good Luck




WHY ARE YOU SNOOPING IN MY SIGNATURE?!?
DeltaDragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

Name:Just call me dragon
Job Area: Graphical Design (whatever you need)
Scratch Experience: about 12.5 months
Interest in racing games: i would say around 75%
Racing games previously or currently own: Mario Kart Ds and Wii, NFS Rivals, and Crah turbo Kart (I used to have a ps1 with atari games so the retro racing type games too)
Extra notes: I am fairly decent at vector art, I am working oon some collab app art in my spare time.

Hello! I am DeltaDragon, a scratcher, youtuber, gamer, and musician! My youtube is DeltaDragonxx, I mainly play Blacklight: Retribution, MLB the show 15, and /sometimes/ Destiny, and I play the Saxophone! If you would like my Collaboration (Delta Squad Collaborations inc., or Delta inc. for short), please visit this link. https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/164906/?page=1#post-1561736 Have a good day!
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

Hi, I'm part of a newspaper collaboration and we are going to start putting adverts for jobs in our newspapers. You do want us to advise your collaboration? If so please reply.
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

Xelophelt wrote:

Austinato wrote:

Xelophelt wrote:

-snip-

And yes, I want a track of my own. Make it Xelophelt Stadium from Explosion the Racer 1, and should I make your track from ER2, or should you give it to me so I can add it in ER2 as well?

I think giving the track to you in a seperate project before the Scratcher Kart game releases will better explain the title. Because the track is "(ER2) Austinato Raceway" meaning it came/debuted in Explosion the Racer 2. Plus, please draw Xelophelt Stadium, so I could get the track in!

Plus, the name for your track will be…
(ER1) Xelophelt Stadium
…Is that good?
Yeah, it is. I need a draft for Austinato Raceway.
Oh, and for Xelophelt Stadium, I will give you a scrollable version of that from ER2 (I'm bringing it back).
I will probably release the Scratcher's edition of ER2 first, just to build massive hype, and to prepare my other tracks for ER2: My Version.
Dang…. I have to be shorter with my sentences.

Ok! I'm just saying that I want to give you the draft for Austinato Raceway before we start making the track, or at least before we release it.
Oh, we're doing scrolling? (I'm not saying ‘yes’ or ‘no’, but, I didn't know the plan, either.) But sure! Give me the scrollable version! Wait– by scrollable do you mean that you could zoom in and out of the draft?
What do you mean by the Scratcher's edition, though? (Like, show a small amount of what the track in this game will look like to build hype?)
And, you're fine with your sentences!

One last thing…
Is it ok if I change my track from this:
Shown in ER2 (not this game):
Austinato Raceway
Shown in this game:
(ER2) Austinato Raceway

To this?
Shown in ER2 (not this game):
Austinato Circuit
Shown in this game:
(ER2) Austinato Circuit
?


7500+ posts (19th)
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

Jim_the_Eagle wrote:

The cars: top on? side on? from amagination? copied? 3D? flat?
My little brother would like to do some car designing, but it deppends on some of these things.
If the spesifications are at his level and to his liking I will fill in the aplication form.
Good Luck
So, wait, what did you say in the first sentence? Plus, your little brother? Ok! Does he have an account though?

He does not require an account, but to keep things better organized, it's better to have an account, though.

Oh, and he could do anything in art–
Right now he could do any of the following:
•Game Logo - Design the game's logo, shown on thumbnail and main menus.
•Track Logo/Icon - The button to select the course will have the title and a look inside of the track.
•Game art - Shown in extra project (with other art)
For the game art, it could also appear on the thumbnail of the whole project, depending on what we decide.
For the game art, if we release it on other sites, we could have pictures and screenshots of the art given (with credit).
•Track looks - If we do a 2D type, we might need art for the track.

Just as usual, do not add inappropriate/rude content in the art (including major references). Otherwise, you might not be allowed in the collab anymore.
Also, please note– Please only pick one job. More people might join, and more spots might be required.


7500+ posts (19th)
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

DeltaDragon wrote:

Name:Just call me dragon
Job Area: Graphical Design (whatever you need)
Scratch Experience: about 12.5 months
Interest in racing games: i would say around 75%
Racing games previously or currently own: Mario Kart Ds and Wii, NFS Rivals, and Crah turbo Kart (I used to have a ps1 with atari games so the retro racing type games too)
Extra notes: I am fairly decent at vector art, I am working oon some collab app art in my spare time.

Name - Ok! I'll call you Dragon!
Job Area - I need a specific job; right now more people are planning on joining Graphic Design (at least 2-3)
Scratch Experience - I notice you've been around for about a year, am I right?
Interest in racing games - Ok! You're not too excited but not too bored, ok! That's good!
Racing Games - Ok, you look like an experienced racer!
Extra - Ok, we might be using vector art! So, that looks good!

Overall: Ok, you look like someone we might accept! Just let me know which job you want in Graphic Design. I have a list above (if you read my other response to someone else.) Or, just look here, instead. lol

Graphic Design / Drawing / Art Jobs avaliable:
•Game Logo - Design the game's logo, shown on thumbnail and main menus.
•Track Logo/Icon - The button to select the course will have the title and a look inside of the track.
•Game art - Shown in extra project (with other art)
•For the game art, it could also appear on the thumbnail of the whole project, depending on what we decide.
•For the game art, if we release it on other sites, we could have pictures and screenshots of the art given (with credit).
•Track looks - If we do a 2D type, we might need art for the track.

Just as usual, do not add inappropriate/rude content in the art (including major references). Otherwise, you might not be allowed in the collab anymore.
Also, please note– Please only pick one job. More people might join, and more spots might be required.


7500+ posts (19th)
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

Update on Jobs avaliable
I thought this might come in handy. Before the next update, I'll cross out the jobs that are taken.
•Main Menu - Draw for the main menu! This only includes the buttons and extra art on the buttons. Example (only look at buttons)
•Backgrounds - You are reliable for soothing/exciting/normal backgrounds! Make sure to keep it on-topic and/or match the mood!
•Game Logo - Multiple could work on this; this one is pretty important. The logo will appear almost around the whole game.
•Track Logo/Button - In the menu, you get to pick the track. But, this job focuses on the buttons and art. Each one will include the name of the track and a preview of the track. Example
•Track - The track will need a good design and look! People have designed templates/final tracks (depending on what they did) but, if they didn't do the final look, then you are responsible for making it!
•Game Art - Extra. We might add it to the Thumbnail of the project. And, if we share it on other sites, we will (might) use your art and give credit.

Like usual, no inappropriate content allowed (including major references). If you do, you might not be allowed in the collab anymore.
As of right now, only one job per person. More people might join.


7500+ posts (19th)
Xelophelt
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

Austinato wrote:

Ok! I'm just saying that I want to give you the draft for Austinato Raceway before we start making the track, or at least before we release it.
Oh, we're doing scrolling? (I'm not saying ‘yes’ or ‘no’, but, I didn't know the plan, either.) But sure! Give me the scrollable version! Wait– by scrollable do you mean that you could zoom in and out of the draft?
What do you mean by the Scratcher's edition, though? (Like, show a small amount of what the track in this game will look like to build hype?)
And, you're fine with your sentences!

One last thing…
Is it ok if I change my track from this:
Shown in ER2 (not this game):
Austinato Raceway
Shown in this game:
(ER2) Austinato Raceway

To this?
Shown in ER2 (not this game):
Austinato Circuit
Shown in this game:
(ER2) Austinato Circuit
?
Well, first things first, if the game was 3-D, then I would be giving you a map of it. (Or if the game was like Super Mario Kart where is plays 3-D, but it doesn't look like it).
I don't know if I'm making it so that you can zoom in or out in the project, but you can always zoom in or out in the editor!
I am releasing 2 versions of Explosion the Racer 2: ER2 My Version, where everything is mine, and the Scratcher's edition, in which the tracks will not be made by me, rather the community will help me make race tracks with names and music. The Scracther's Edition will be released purely as a fun community made game, a neat idea, and a base to build hype for ER2: My Version. Explosion the Racer 2: My Version will be released when enough hype is built from the Scratcher's Edition.
I know…. pretty dastardly… but that's how I going to plan this out.

Oh, and I like the change. Austinato Circuit is better because Flaame is already doing a raceway of his own.

Last edited by Xelophelt (Oct. 1, 2014 01:17:20)



Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

Xelophelt wrote:

Austinato wrote:

Ok! I'm just saying that I want to give you the draft for Austinato Raceway before we start making the track, or at least before we release it.
Oh, we're doing scrolling? (I'm not saying ‘yes’ or ‘no’, but, I didn't know the plan, either.) But sure! Give me the scrollable version! Wait– by scrollable do you mean that you could zoom in and out of the draft?
What do you mean by the Scratcher's edition, though? (Like, show a small amount of what the track in this game will look like to build hype?)
And, you're fine with your sentences!

One last thing…
Is it ok if I change my track from this:
Shown in ER2 (not this game):
Austinato Raceway
Shown in this game:
(ER2) Austinato Raceway

To this?
Shown in ER2 (not this game):
Austinato Circuit
Shown in this game:
(ER2) Austinato Circuit
?
Well, first things first, if the game was 3-D, then I would be giving you a map of it. (Or if the game was like Super Mario Kart where is plays 3-D, but it doesn't look like it).
I don't know if I'm making it so that you can zoom in or out in the project, but you can always zoom in or out in the editor!
I am releasing 2 versions of Explosion the Racer 2: ER2 My Version, where everything is mine, and the Scratcher's edition, in which the tracks will not be made by me, rather the community will help me make race tracks with names and music. The Scracther's Edition will be released purely as a fun community made game, a neat idea, and a base to build hype for ER2: My Version. Explosion the Racer 2: My Version will be released when enough hype is built from the Scratcher's Edition.
I know…. pretty dastardly… but that's how I going to plan this out.

Oh, and I like the change. Austinato Circuit is better because Flaame is already doing a raceway of his own.
Yeah, I also prefer Austinato Circuit and/or (ER2) Austinato Circuit because it's different from Austinato Raceway, so it is less confusing! xD

Fun fact: All throughout the Mario Kart series, there has been around 6 different tracks with the name ‘Mario Circuit’ or something like that.


7500+ posts (19th)
Xelophelt
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

Austinato wrote:

Fun fact: All throughout the Mario Kart series, there has been around 6 different tracks with the name ‘Mario Circuit’ or something like that.
Actually, Here is all of the Mario Circuits: (Not including remakes of Mario Circuits)
SNES Mario Circuit 1, 2, 3, and 4
N64 Mario Circuit (Actually known as Mario Raceway)
GBA Mario Circuit
GCN Mario Circuit
DS Mario Circuit
Wii Mario Circuit
3DS Mario Circuit
Wii U Mario Circuit

Including SNES, there are 11 Mario Circuits, One (or more) in each version.
But, If you include the remakes:
SNES: None
N64: None
GBA: SNES Mario Circuit 1, 2, 3, 4
GCN: None
DS: Mario Circuit 1
Wii: Mario Circuit 3: Mario Raceway
3DS: Mario Circuit 2
Wii U: None (Unless I am wrong)

Last edited by Xelophelt (Oct. 1, 2014 03:28:18)



Jim_the_Eagle
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

this is Jim the Eagle's brother.
i do not have an acount but will soon. I will use the off-line editor and share throu my brother's acount (if i do not have my own one).
i woud like to do the game icon, but can i use imagination or does it have to be a copy?




WHY ARE YOU SNOOPING IN MY SIGNATURE?!?
EdenStudio
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

I can do the artists job, logos, loading screens, pretty much everything but not character design or map designs

EdenStudio
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!



I have the SVG version too so you dont need to convert it because it makes the quality really bad

DeltaDragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

Austinato wrote:

DeltaDragon wrote:

Name:Just call me dragon
Job Area: Graphical Design (whatever you need)
Scratch Experience: about 12.5 months
Interest in racing games: i would say around 75%
Racing games previously or currently own: Mario Kart Ds and Wii, NFS Rivals, and Crah turbo Kart (I used to have a ps1 with atari games so the retro racing type games too)
Extra notes: I am fairly decent at vector art, I am working oon some collab app art in my spare time.

Name - Ok! I'll call you Dragon!
Job Area - I need a specific job; right now more people are planning on joining Graphic Design (at least 2-3)
Scratch Experience - I notice you've been around for about a year, am I right?
Interest in racing games - Ok! You're not too excited but not too bored, ok! That's good!
Racing Games - Ok, you look like an experienced racer!
Extra - Ok, we might be using vector art! So, that looks good!

Overall: Ok, you look like someone we might accept! Just let me know which job you want in Graphic Design. I have a list above (if you read my other response to someone else.) Or, just look here, instead. lol

Graphic Design / Drawing / Art Jobs avaliable:
•Game Logo - Design the game's logo, shown on thumbnail and main menus.
•Track Logo/Icon - The button to select the course will have the title and a look inside of the track.
•Game art - Shown in extra project (with other art)
•For the game art, it could also appear on the thumbnail of the whole project, depending on what we decide.
•For the game art, if we release it on other sites, we could have pictures and screenshots of the art given (with credit).
•Track looks - If we do a 2D type, we might need art for the track.

Just as usual, do not add inappropriate/rude content in the art (including major references). Otherwise, you might not be allowed in the collab anymore.
Also, please note– Please only pick one job. More people might join, and more spots might be required.

I would be happy to do game logo as well as track logos. I will get working on a game logo example.

Hello! I am DeltaDragon, a scratcher, youtuber, gamer, and musician! My youtube is DeltaDragonxx, I mainly play Blacklight: Retribution, MLB the show 15, and /sometimes/ Destiny, and I play the Saxophone! If you would like my Collaboration (Delta Squad Collaborations inc., or Delta inc. for short), please visit this link. https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/164906/?page=1#post-1561736 Have a good day!
xsnail
Scratcher
90 posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

Name (Could use nickname/Scratch username): Oh, it's probably to the left
Job Area (type) (listed above):Ideas
Scratch Experience:I have been on Scratch since early 2012 and read the wiki a lot, I have a lot of experience
Interest in racing games: Mario Kart, Retro, and in arcades racing in fun. So, 8/10
Racing games previously or currently own:Most Mario Karts
Extra notes: I am decent with bitmap art, you probably would not need that.

Last edited by xsnail (Oct. 1, 2014 17:00:48)


Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratcher Kart Collab - Suggest future updates!

Xelophelt wrote:

Austinato wrote:

Fun fact: All throughout the Mario Kart series, there has been around 6 different tracks with the name ‘Mario Circuit’ or something like that.
Actually, Here is all of the Mario Circuits: (Not including remakes of Mario Circuits)
SNES Mario Circuit 1, 2, 3, and 4
N64 Mario Circuit (Actually known as Mario Raceway)
GBA Mario Circuit
GCN Mario Circuit
DS Mario Circuit
Wii Mario Circuit
3DS Mario Circuit
Wii U Mario Circuit

Including SNES, there are 11 Mario Circuits, One (or more) in each version.
But, If you include the remakes:
SNES: None
N64: None
GBA: SNES Mario Circuit 1, 2, 3, 4
GCN: None
DS: Mario Circuit 1
Wii: Mario Circuit 3: Mario Raceway
3DS: Mario Circuit 2
Wii U: None (Unless I am wrong)
Yeah, I was just estimating.
I saw the Mario Wiki page with it, but I was too lazy to go back to the page. xD


7500+ posts (19th)

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile