Discuss Scratch

-meIodii-
Scratcher
43 posts

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

HeheheKayla wrote:

EatNYeet wrote:

Codingfairy07 wrote:

EatNYeet wrote:

jackson49 wrote:

EatNYeet wrote:

-ssssnippery ssssnake-
Keep in mind, this isn't an invite all followers button. If you have a lot of followers, it would take a long time to invite all of your followers.
I never said it was. I'm saying that the harder it is to send unwanted messages to followers, the better. Even though I knew from the start that this wasn't the case, this applies to either feature.
Well, even though studios were meant for their themes, we need an easier way of putting people in the tsudio, otherwise it is empty.
It's called users asking to join in the comments. Not that complicated.
the problem with that though is if users even see the studio. how would they ask to join if the studio is related to something they like if they don’t see it?

That is a very valid point.

☆.。.:* U • . • U Melody .。.:*☆
• Cute, Cheerful, Chatty
• Energetic, extrovert
• Likes to stand up for others
• Musician, Actor, Artist?
• Scientist
-meIodii-
Scratcher
43 posts

dhuls wrote:

Hermione91011 wrote:

Hello Scratch team! I am quite happy with Scratch, but there are quite some problems.
For instance, studios. Please change it back to normal. People don't even get to be managers. These days, every studio has many managers, but now other people don't have permission to be managers. It's a really crappy update.

Second, I think you should allow Scratchers to change our USERNAMES. I know it's a really big request, but we start scratch as children and as we grow we feel our usernames are not good. Allow it at least 2 times.
1. Do you really need more than 40 Managers?
2. Changing usernames is rejected.

I don't really think you need more than 40 managers but then the managers can't really even do anything. In that case since they can only add/remove people then for RPs that might be useful. imo I think we don't really need a limit. I guess-

• Cute, Cheerful, Chatty
• Energetic, extrovert
• Scientist
US-Systems
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-meIodii- wrote:

imo I think we don't really need a limit. I guess-
True!

(IT) Ciao! Mi chiamo Mattia, ho 12 anni e vivo in Sardegna! Mi piace realizzare videogiochi professionali e progetti fantastici su Scratch. Ricordati di seguirmi e di guardare i miei progetti, iscriviti anche al mio canale YouTube! Grazie!
(EN) Hi! I'm Mattia, I'm 12 and I live in Sardinia! I love making professional video games and awesome projects on Scratch. Remember to follow me and watch my projects, subscribe to my YouTube channel too! Thank you!
FreezeNova
Scratcher
100+ posts

I definitely agree, but I do not think they will be doing this as they removed the invite followers button for a reason. I have no idea how I am going to continue to expand my fanclub, or notify my followers of new projects, considering I have 2600 followers, and this new update has made it very painful. I believe they added this feature because of too much spam people were getting from people they followed of studio invites, so scratch will probaly not revert this. I believe they could change it, for example, make it so that you can invite people to your studios only if they clicked on a speciic button, (notification button or something)

Hello, I am FreezeNova.
I currently have about 2500 followers.
If your bored(just like me) come to my profile to chat

Do scratch cause why not.
-Somerandomscratcher
FreezeNova
Scratcher
100+ posts

EatNYeet wrote:

No support. This is likely the only good thing that came from the studio update, and allow me to explain why.

Studios weren't created for sending a message to followers about your new project.

Studios were created for their themes. They were created for users to interact and connect over a mutually enjoyed theme. Using these to send unwanted messages to followers about a new project isn't exactly using studios correctly. While one could argue that a single project is the theme, that doesn't really count as one. The only projects allowed in that studio would have to be remixes for it to even remotely qualify as a theme, but that doesn't seem fair at all.

While Scratch is not about fame, when one has a small amount of followers, it's more understandable to use studios like this. But when a user has a good 7k, do they really need those 50 extra views? If users care enough about a different user's content, they'll check their profile for something new every once in a while–There's no need to send them an unwanted message.

It's spammy.

As I mentioned earlier, most users get annoyed when they recieve these messages, and if it happens after almost every single project, that's a bit of an issue.

Scratch isn't about fame.

Having a lot of followers and doing this is just, no. As if 2k favorites and 5000 views per project isn't enough. It's just showing how greedy one can be with the power to invite followers easily.

Fanclubs are just fine, maybe better off this way.

Fanclubs should be for the users who actively enjoy one's content, not for every single follower. If someone doesn't want to join a fanclub, they shouldn't recieve a spam message regardless just for following someone. It's better that the users who actually want to be part of a fanclub get invited because they ask in the comments.
I see your points, however, most of my followers want to be notified when I release a new project, and only a VERY small percentage don't like it and decide to unfollow me. Because of this update, there is no way the people who want to know when I make a new project will know. If someone is recieving spam, they can similpy choose to unfollow the user.

Inviting my followers to studios is a important way to get views and loves to be able to get on trending, as someone who is following me is much more likely to love than someone who is not. (for example, my project got 10 loves for its first 50 views, (20%) but at 70000, it had 3500(2%) and yes, scratch isn't about fame, but this update still pains me as it will be alot harder to get on trending. It also shows my followers that I'm still active, and fufills the promise on my projects: “follow to get notified of new projects I make” so alot of my followers followed me so they could get notified. Taking away this feature would prevent some unwanted spam, but it would also cause lots of inconvince.

Hello, I am FreezeNova.
I currently have about 2500 followers.
If your bored(just like me) come to my profile to chat

Do scratch cause why not.
-Somerandomscratcher
scratchering_coder
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support i miss the invite followers button because i don't want to copy and paste all users name and put it in te studio
jackson49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

Denny Crane. Name on the door.

PC LOAD LETTER

;
kat-coder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ITS GONE?

No Way!

-kat-coder

(1000 Posts. (✔::operators)(❌::variables)(❌)(❌)(❌) 5000 Posts! 

Useful Links:

To advertise your Scratch project, Go Here!
To play around with ScratchBlocks, Go Here!
To contact the Scratch Team, Go Here!
To check out my latest Scratch project, Go Here!
EatNYeet
Scratcher
500+ posts

HeheheKayla wrote:

EatNYeet wrote:

Codingfairy07 wrote:

EatNYeet wrote:

jackson49 wrote:

EatNYeet wrote:

-ssssnippery ssssnake-
Keep in mind, this isn't an invite all followers button. If you have a lot of followers, it would take a long time to invite all of your followers.
I never said it was. I'm saying that the harder it is to send unwanted messages to followers, the better. Even though I knew from the start that this wasn't the case, this applies to either feature.
Well, even though studios were meant for their themes, we need an easier way of putting people in the tsudio, otherwise it is empty.
It's called users asking to join in the comments. Not that complicated.
the problem with that though is if users even see the studio. how would they ask to join if the studio is related to something they like if they don’t see it?
You still get studio notifs for comments, that's really not an issue.

Why is this a thing?
EatNYeet
Scratcher
500+ posts

FreezeNova wrote:

EatNYeet wrote:

-ssssnippery ssssnake-
I see your points, however, most of my followers want to be notified when I release a new project, and only a VERY small percentage don't like it and decide to unfollow me. Because of this update, there is no way the people who want to know when I make a new project will know. If someone is recieving spam, they can similpy choose to unfollow the user.

Inviting my followers to studios is a important way to get views and loves to be able to get on trending, as someone who is following me is much more likely to love than someone who is not. (for example, my project got 10 loves for its first 50 views, (20%) but at 70000, it had 3500(2%) and yes, scratch isn't about fame, but this update still pains me as it will be alot harder to get on trending. It also shows my followers that I'm still active, and fufills the promise on my projects: “follow to get notified of new projects I make” so alot of my followers followed me so they could get notified. Taking away this feature would prevent some unwanted spam, but it would also cause lots of inconvince.
So you say Scratch isn't about fame… But it looks like you haven't accepted that fact.

Yes–Following is so you can see what users are doing, but I'm not sure sending them spam is the right way to go.

Why is this a thing?
-meIodii-
Scratcher
43 posts

FreezeNova wrote:

EatNYeet wrote:

No support. This is likely the only good thing that came from the studio update, and allow me to explain why.

Studios weren't created for sending a message to followers about your new project.

Studios were created for their themes. They were created for users to interact and connect over a mutually enjoyed theme. Using these to send unwanted messages to followers about a new project isn't exactly using studios correctly. While one could argue that a single project is the theme, that doesn't really count as one. The only projects allowed in that studio would have to be remixes for it to even remotely qualify as a theme, but that doesn't seem fair at all.

While Scratch is not about fame, when one has a small amount of followers, it's more understandable to use studios like this. But when a user has a good 7k, do they really need those 50 extra views? If users care enough about a different user's content, they'll check their profile for something new every once in a while–There's no need to send them an unwanted message.

It's spammy.

As I mentioned earlier, most users get annoyed when they recieve these messages, and if it happens after almost every single project, that's a bit of an issue.

Scratch isn't about fame.

Having a lot of followers and doing this is just, no. As if 2k favorites and 5000 views per project isn't enough. It's just showing how greedy one can be with the power to invite followers easily.

Fanclubs are just fine, maybe better off this way.

Fanclubs should be for the users who actively enjoy one's content, not for every single follower. If someone doesn't want to join a fanclub, they shouldn't recieve a spam message regardless just for following someone. It's better that the users who actually want to be part of a fanclub get invited because they ask in the comments.

Yes! If people don't want to know why did they follow? And then if they think it's spam, just unfollow!

• Cute, Cheerful, Chatty
• Energetic, extrovert
• Scientist
Reev0102
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-meIodii- wrote:

Yes! If people don't want to know why did they follow? And then if they think it's spam, just unfollow!
If you share a project, all your followers will see it on the front page. There is no need to spam their notifications.
Why are you selecting my post?

Last edited by Reev0102 (July 21, 2021 08:33:50)

US-Systems
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Reev0102 wrote:

-meIodii- wrote:

If you share a project, all your followers will see it on the front page. There is no need to spam their notifications.
Yes, but only if you hurry, because there will be other notifications that will bury that notification.

(IT) Ciao! Mi chiamo Mattia, ho 12 anni e vivo in Sardegna! Mi piace realizzare videogiochi professionali e progetti fantastici su Scratch. Ricordati di seguirmi e di guardare i miei progetti, iscriviti anche al mio canale YouTube! Grazie!
(EN) Hi! I'm Mattia, I'm 12 and I live in Sardinia! I love making professional video games and awesome projects on Scratch. Remember to follow me and watch my projects, subscribe to my YouTube channel too! Thank you!
Reev0102
Scratcher
1000+ posts

US-Systems wrote:

Reev0102 wrote:

-meIodii- wrote:

Yes, but only if you hurry, because there will be other notifications that will bury that notification.
Then don't follow that many users.
-meIodii-
Scratcher
43 posts

Reev0102 wrote:

-meIodii- wrote:

US-Systems wrote:

Reev0102 wrote:

-meIodii- wrote:

Yea well it's true that other notifications will bury that notification. But even if you only followed two people one of those people could be very active and thus bury the notification.

• Cute, Cheerful, Chatty
• Energetic, extrovert
• Scientist
oliviarodrigox
Scratcher
5 posts

#BRINGMANAGERRIGHTSBACK
Reev0102
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oliviarodrigox wrote:

#BRINGMANAGERRIGHTSBACK
Please stay on topic, and be constructive. Here is a topic to remove manager restrictions.
Hermione91011
Scratcher
3 posts

dhuls wrote:

Hermione91011 wrote:

Hello Scratch team! I am quite happy with Scratch, but there are quite some problems.
For instance, studios. Please change it back to normal. People don't even get to be managers. These days, every studio has many managers, but now other people don't have permission to be managers. It's a really crappy update.

Second, I think you should allow Scratchers to change our USERNAMES. I know it's a really big request, but we start scratch as children and as we grow we feel our usernames are not good. Allow it at least 2 times.
1. Do you really need more than 40 Managers?
2. Changing usernames is rejected.

Yes, It's fun with more managers.
Yeah, but it's to make Scratch more fun
-0Nebula0-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

full support! I like inviting my 30 or so most recent followers to an event or contest I’m having, so more of them participate. This was honestly the only thing I didn’t like about the update
US-Systems
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-0Nebula0- wrote:

full support! I like inviting my 30 or so most recent followers to an event or contest I’m having, so more of them participate. This was honestly the only thing I didn’t like about the update
Me too! But I also don't like the graphics.