Discuss Scratch

OhOkSir12345
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

Dino-mite_Girl wrote:

hello everyone! I know many people agree with having the invite followers button back. and so do I, Recently I got back onto scratch hoping to spread positivity to those who need it, or just to make some ones day. and so I made a studio for said reason and saw the updated version. to myself I thought “oh cool, they must of updated”. then I was not able to find the followers button, so I asked one of my followers. Then they told me that scratch had removed it, I was very upset that I couldn't share my studio to those who need something to lift a smile, especially during these dark times. It would be wonderful if scratch had added it back. honestly I didn't mind getting studio invites because I like getting mail and having the suspense on what it is. And most of the time the studio invites were ones that were useful. I have an idea if you add the add followers button back, if there are people out there spamming the studios to followers, you can make them only send it once to said follower and also have a page full of projects that share your interests. and scratch could add a button for you to click which is the block studio invites button which would be VERY useful to those who do not like studio invites.

Thank you for reading - @Dino-mite_Girl
there is this thing called
“support + (reason)”

and geez the post doesnt have to be so long
Rzedgames
Scratcher
4 posts

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

Dino-mite_Girl wrote:

hello everyone! I know many people agree with having the invite followers button back. and so do I, Recently I got back onto scratch hoping to spread positivity to those who need it, or just to make some ones day. and so I made a studio for said reason and saw the updated version. to myself I thought “oh cool, they must of updated”. then I was not able to find the followers button, so I asked one of my followers. Then they told me that scratch had removed it, I was very upset that I couldn't share my studio to those who need something to lift a smile, especially during these dark times. It would be wonderful if scratch had added it back. honestly I didn't mind getting studio invites because I like getting mail and having the suspense on what it is. And most of the time the studio invites were ones that were useful. I have an idea if you add the add followers button back, if there are people out there spamming the studios to followers, you can make them only send it once to said follower and also have a page full of projects that share your interests. and scratch could add a button for you to click which is the block studio invites button which would be VERY useful to those who do not like studio invites.

Thank you for reading - @Dino-mite_Girl

Me too, it was way easy to add your followers but now u have to copy then paste their name and it takes so much time so i really hope scratch would put the invite follower button again <3

Last edited by Rzedgames (Dec. 11, 2021 06:19:04)

OhOkSir12345
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

Rzedgames wrote:

Dino-mite_Girl wrote:

hello everyone! I know many people agree with having the invite followers button back. and so do I, Recently I got back onto scratch hoping to spread positivity to those who need it, or just to make some ones day. and so I made a studio for said reason and saw the updated version. to myself I thought “oh cool, they must of updated”. then I was not able to find the followers button, so I asked one of my followers. Then they told me that scratch had removed it, I was very upset that I couldn't share my studio to those who need something to lift a smile, especially during these dark times. It would be wonderful if scratch had added it back. honestly I didn't mind getting studio invites because I like getting mail and having the suspense on what it is. And most of the time the studio invites were ones that were useful. I have an idea if you add the add followers button back, if there are people out there spamming the studios to followers, you can make them only send it once to said follower and also have a page full of projects that share your interests. and scratch could add a button for you to click which is the block studio invites button which would be VERY useful to those who do not like studio invites.

Thank you for reading - @Dino-mite_Girl

Me too, it was way easy to add your followers but now u have to copy then paste their name and it takes so much time so i really hope scratch would put the invite follower button again <3

If your post is not a bump, it will be counted towards spam
aelaarg
Scratcher
5 posts

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

EatNYeet wrote:

firedragonator300 wrote:

Listen, if you don't want to get spammed with those invites when you follow someone, then unfollow.

Yeah, sure, I'll just stop showing my support for a Scratcher because I, like any normal person, don't like getting spammed with studio messages.

firedragonator300 wrote:

If you don't want to, then turn off studio related messages

That isn't a thing.

firedragonator300 wrote:

but then you don't have a right reason to not support

Correct–Scratchers aren't allowed to have opinions opposite to yours, even if they have legitimate and constructive reasoning.

firedragonator300 wrote:

we can find workarounds for no supporters.

What workarounds?
aelaarg
Scratcher
5 posts

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

OhOkSir12345 wrote:

Rzedgames wrote:

Dino-mite_Girl wrote:

hello everyone! I know many people agree with having the invite followers button back. and so do I, Recently I got back onto scratch hoping to spread positivity to those who need it, or just to make some ones day. and so I made a studio for said reason and saw the updated version. to myself I thought “oh cool, they must of updated”. then I was not able to find the followers button, so I asked one of my followers. Then they told me that scratch had removed it, I was very upset that I couldn't share my studio to those who need something to lift a smile, especially during these dark times. It would be wonderful if scratch had added it back. honestly I didn't mind getting studio invites because I like getting mail and having the suspense on what it is. And most of the time the studio invites were ones that were useful. I have an idea if you add the add followers button back, if there are people out there spamming the studios to followers, you can make them only send it once to said follower and also have a page full of projects that share your interests. and scratch could add a button for you to click which is the block studio invites button which would be VERY useful to those who do not like studio invites.

Thank you for reading - @Dino-mite_Girl

Me too, it was way easy to add your followers but now u have to copy then paste their name and it takes so much time so i really hope scratch would put the invite follower button again <3

If your post is not a bump, it will be counted towards spam
Hiiiiiiiii!
OhOkSir12345
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

aelaarg wrote:

OhOkSir12345 wrote:

Rzedgames wrote:

Dino-mite_Girl wrote:

hello everyone! I know many people agree with having the invite followers button back. and so do I, Recently I got back onto scratch hoping to spread positivity to those who need it, or just to make some ones day. and so I made a studio for said reason and saw the updated version. to myself I thought “oh cool, they must of updated”. then I was not able to find the followers button, so I asked one of my followers. Then they told me that scratch had removed it, I was very upset that I couldn't share my studio to those who need something to lift a smile, especially during these dark times. It would be wonderful if scratch had added it back. honestly I didn't mind getting studio invites because I like getting mail and having the suspense on what it is. And most of the time the studio invites were ones that were useful. I have an idea if you add the add followers button back, if there are people out there spamming the studios to followers, you can make them only send it once to said follower and also have a page full of projects that share your interests. and scratch could add a button for you to click which is the block studio invites button which would be VERY useful to those who do not like studio invites.

Thank you for reading - @Dino-mite_Girl

Me too, it was way easy to add your followers but now u have to copy then paste their name and it takes so much time so i really hope scratch would put the invite follower button again <3

If your post is not a bump, it will be counted towards spam
Hiiiiiiiii!

Please dont spam
Platinum_Platformers
Scratcher
1 post

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

i know they did this was because of spam but one thing that could be easier is the availability to be able to block studio request for one or multiple people that way you can still have the “add follower” button

How to get a lot of views only using 3 simple steps https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/571811242/
OhOkSir12345
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

Platinum_Platformers wrote:

i know they did this was because of spam but one thing that could be easier is the availability to be able to block studio request for one or multiple people that way you can still have the “add follower” button

please make a topic to discuss that
oh wait your new

Last edited by OhOkSir12345 (Dec. 22, 2021 16:15:08)

Reddinger
Scratcher
3 posts

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

Rzedgames wrote:

Dino-mite_Girl wrote:

hello everyone! I know many people agree with having the invite followers button back. and so do I, Recently I got back onto scratch hoping to spread positivity to those who need it, or just to make someone's day. and so I made a studio for said reason and saw the updated version. to myself, I thought “oh cool, they must have updated”. then I was not able to find the followers button, so I asked one of my followers. Then they told me that scratch had removed it, I was very upset that I couldn't share my studio with those who need something to lift a smile, especially during these dark times. It would be wonderful if scratch had added it back. honestly, I didn't mind getting studio invites because I like getting mail and having the suspense on what it is. And most of the time the studio invites were ones that were useful. I have an idea if you add the add followers button back, if there are people out there spamming the studios to followers, you can make them only send it once to said followers and also have a page full of projects that share your interests. and scratch could add a button for you to click which is the block studio invites button which would be VERY useful to those who do not like studio invites.

Thank you for reading - @Dino-mite_Girl

Me too, it was way easy to add your followers but now u have to copy then paste their name and it takes so much time so I really hope scratch would put the invite follower button again <3
tobi_life
Scratcher
1 post

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

i personally agree with the invite followers button being added back with a button that blocks unwanted studios invite.This reason is because i have created a studio were everyone can join and rp or talk about naruto , and other anime, and i cant get it started bc i have to c&p everyone's names. Its a little to much work and time i dont have bc of school, and home life. It just makes everything easier, as many would agree.











@tobi_life

Last edited by tobi_life (Jan. 6, 2022 13:30:23)

Myst--
Scratcher
100+ posts

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

I'm pretty sure that this has been removed for a reason. The ST doesn't want to let people spam studio invites to all their followers. No support.

-+-+-+-ʜᴇʟʟᴏ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ!-+-+-+-
.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆✧。.♥⋆。˚⋆。⋆.
+*:ꔫ:*﹤(⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)゚˚₊⋆· ͟͟͞͞➳❥
.༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻.
-+-+-ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɴɪᴄᴇ ᴅᴀʏ!-+-+-
jackson49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

Bump

Be moist

PC LOAD LETTER

;
dave-alt-4
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

Myst-- wrote:

I'm pretty sure that this has been removed for a reason. The ST doesn't want to let people spam studio invites to all their followers. No support.
there are actually ways to do it though x)

guide to make good projects <3


Think! Is saying if you support a suggestion necessary? No! People can just tell by your constructive post after it. You have more freedom on your tone!
Forumers, especially new, may also get upset if you say “no support!!!” at them! They may take the whole post in a negative tone, and that makes them upset!
Instead, you can kindly say why their suggestion has cons. They will take it as “constructive criticism” and be happy. - dertermenter


DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

I have an add-on, so it's not a problem for me
I semi-support. This can be used to spam. But it can also be helpful.

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow, 00:00:00)
~ ᴅᴍ20 ~
This is my forum signature! It shows up under every post I make! Here is more info!
ERRØR; THE NEXT BIG THING “Resolved” Button for QaS
/\ Male /\ Forumer /\ TokTik /\ Chatsnap /\
/\ Scratch Wiki /\ Community Guidelines /\ Scratch Team /\ Postpercent /\ Ocular
Currently most active on the forums! I don't make projects, I might come out with one in 100 years.

thanks to rl1123 for gif, and hosting it bc my braindead self couldn't do it
I have eaten the rest of DinoMaster20's siggy! Yum! Find out how to stop evil kumquats like myself here: Evil Kumquat Guards
PlatoHero_
Scratcher
500+ posts

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

tobi_life wrote:

i have created a studio were everyone can join and rp or talk about naruto , and other anime
A studio isn't the best choice for discussions, due to the reply limit in forums.

Shift + down to see the rest
when gf clicked
repeat until <not <[List of Scratchers v] contains [non-CoR member]>
say (join [The Chair of Republic] (join [us,] [we have cookies!]))
end
If you want some cookies, click or press the rickrolls.
There are three bands called stones: Rolling stones, trolling stones and rickrolling stones.

List of Scratchers I like and have left:
-TheGreenNinja-
the2000
GoldenEagleStudios
Rae-TV is going to be the next.
scratchering_coder
Scratcher
500+ posts

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

Support, the invite followers button is useful because now we need to copy and paste usernames and it's annoying.

If the scratch team don't wants, then the scratch team should make another method to invite people, because copy and pasting usernames, hell no.

Last edited by scratchering_coder (Jan. 22, 2022 06:25:47)

Jerkybrick
Scratcher
10 posts

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

Coolbe22 wrote:

Hello scratchers / ST. There was recently an update to the studio system and it looks amazing, but there is one problem. I can only invite curators by username now. I used to be able to click the “Invite followers” button and easily invite my followers to a studio, but now have to invite them one by one by username, which takes forever! (Especially considering I have over 4,800+ followers) Again the new studio update was great, but please consider adding the “Invite followers” button back to studios. Thanks and stay cool! -Coolbe22

EDIT: I agree with not having an “Invite ALL followers button”, but having the “Invite followers button” is very useful. It makes inviting people WAY easier. I use it to invite followers to my fanclub, notify followers of new projects, and lots of other small things. If someone is following you, they should want to see your content. There is a “What's happening” in the front page, but it is VERY small and if your following lots of people it doesn't really help.

Yeah, i really agree. I really hope the ST will see this, because it would help a lot for me and other Scratchers. A similar thing happened to me too, I wanted to invite some of my followers to my studio and then realised I couldn't do it anymore.
Scratchfangs
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

OhOkSir12345 wrote:

there is this thing called
“support + (reason)”

and geez the post doesnt have to be so long
Hey, please leave them alone, this user took time to make this post, and it's very constructive. I say that it's a good addition to this suggestion.

sqrtofPI
Scratcher
100+ posts

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

ScratchCat1038 wrote:

(#43)

Reev0102 wrote:

No support. You invite a Scratcher to a studio because you think they make projects that fit the theme of the studio, not because they are following you.
And fan clubs? Add everythings? Lets get 500 managers before August? impossible
Those aren't what studios are meant for.

√π

“Nothing is permanent except mathematics”

–sqrtofPI
bobcat0701
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

no support being able to easily invite your followers again could make it much easier to spam studio invites

| bobcat0701/Caleb | He/they | Speedrunner | Professional Short Person (5'1") |
| Forumer | Nintendo collector | Bisexual |

| Notebook/The Ramblings of a Mad Man | Photography | Wiki Userpage/Better About Me | Give Me Internets |













Here's an expanded about me I guess:

-Caleb/bobcat0701 He/They
-Bisexual
-Nintendo Collector
-Professional short person
-Speedrunner
-Pasta addict

Some accomplishments;
100 forum posts (January 2021)
500 forum posts (February 2021)
1000 forum posts (February 2022)
Joined TFH (October 2023)
Promoted to TFH manager (December 2023)
Tied for second place in TFH host election (April 2024)

Current primary devices (I have a few more that I collect)
Phone: Blue Titanium iPhone 15 pro
Watch: Midnight Apple Watch Series 9 with ocean blue sport loop (and other bands occasionally)
Tablet: Purple iPad mini 6th generation
Computer: Cheap HP laptop thing
Gaming Systems: Wii U deluxe set, Black new 3ds xl, White Nintendo Switch oled
Music player: Pink ipod nano 6th generation


Politics:
I'd consider myself a centrist typically I lean left but I also hold some opinions that could be considered right leaning. Overall I'd say I'm Libertarian.


Knife rant:
Spending lots of money on carving knives has never made sense to me I've used the same $20 Morakniv since 2018 and as long as I sharpen it regularly it is still sharp enough for carving and basically any other task. I'm sure I'm the only person on the forums who cares about any of that but thanks for reading I guess.

If you're down here comment “forumers be like” on my profile


Powered by DjangoBB