Discuss Scratch

-meIodii-
Scratcher
43 posts

Add the "Invite followers" button back to studios!

Omigosh yes, I remember when I was at 40+ and only ONE PERSON entered my competiton and 9 people actually SAW the thing in the first place. I made a studio for my DIYS and a lot more people entered and saw it.

☆.。.:* U • . • U Melody .。.:*☆
• Cute, Cheerful, Chatty
• Energetic, extrovert
• Likes to stand up for others
• Musician, Actor, Artist?
• Scientist
OPagel
Scratcher
500+ posts

why st why

Last edited by OPagel (July 25, 2021 12:54:30)

"it's a names" -OPagel, 2024
Creator of the Archa series of games
HeheheKayla
Scratcher
14 posts

-meIodii- wrote:

FreezeNova wrote:

EatNYeet wrote:

No support. This is likely the only good thing that came from the studio update, and allow me to explain why.

Studios weren't created for sending a message to followers about your new project.

Studios were created for their themes. They were created for users to interact and connect over a mutually enjoyed theme. Using these to send unwanted messages to followers about a new project isn't exactly using studios correctly. While one could argue that a single project is the theme, that doesn't really count as one. The only projects allowed in that studio would have to be remixes for it to even remotely qualify as a theme, but that doesn't seem fair at all.

While Scratch is not about fame, when one has a small amount of followers, it's more understandable to use studios like this. But when a user has a good 7k, do they really need those 50 extra views? If users care enough about a different user's content, they'll check their profile for something new every once in a while–There's no need to send them an unwanted message.

It's spammy.

As I mentioned earlier, most users get annoyed when they recieve these messages, and if it happens after almost every single project, that's a bit of an issue.

Scratch isn't about fame.

Having a lot of followers and doing this is just, no. As if 2k favorites and 5000 views per project isn't enough. It's just showing how greedy one can be with the power to invite followers easily.

Fanclubs are just fine, maybe better off this way.

Fanclubs should be for the users who actively enjoy one's content, not for every single follower. If someone doesn't want to join a fanclub, they shouldn't recieve a spam message regardless just for following someone. It's better that the users who actually want to be part of a fanclub get invited because they ask in the comments.
I see your points, however, most of my followers want to be notified when I release a new project, and only a VERY small percentage don't like it and decide to unfollow me. Because of this update, there is no way the people who want to know when I make a new project will know. If someone is recieving spam, they can similpy choose to unfollow the user.

Inviting my followers to studios is a important way to get views and loves to be able to get on trending, as someone who is following me is much more likely to love than someone who is not. (for example, my project got 10 loves for its first 50 views, (20%) but at 70000, it had 3500(2%) and yes, scratch isn't about fame, but this update still pains me as it will be alot harder to get on trending. It also shows my followers that I'm still active, and fufills the promise on my projects: “follow to get notified of new projects I make” so alot of my followers followed me so they could get notified. Taking away this feature would prevent some unwanted spam, but it would also cause lots of inconvince.

Yes! If people don't want to know why did they follow? And then if they think it's spam, just unfollow!
i totally agree, for some reason people don’t get that they don’t need to follow you if they don’t want you inviting them to studios

totally not crying in the corner of my room
ScratchCat1038
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

Loading…
do y'all know what time of year it is? also use shift+down to scroll
GIVE AN INTERNET so i can feed my family

“if on edge, bounce” block visualization

oh, so you drink water?
describe the flavor without using the word “water”
wvj
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

EatNYeet
Scratcher
500+ posts

-meIodii- wrote:

FreezeNova wrote:

EatNYeet wrote:

No support. This is likely the only good thing that came from the studio update, and allow me to explain why.

Studios weren't created for sending a message to followers about your new project.

Studios were created for their themes. They were created for users to interact and connect over a mutually enjoyed theme. Using these to send unwanted messages to followers about a new project isn't exactly using studios correctly. While one could argue that a single project is the theme, that doesn't really count as one. The only projects allowed in that studio would have to be remixes for it to even remotely qualify as a theme, but that doesn't seem fair at all.

While Scratch is not about fame, when one has a small amount of followers, it's more understandable to use studios like this. But when a user has a good 7k, do they really need those 50 extra views? If users care enough about a different user's content, they'll check their profile for something new every once in a while–There's no need to send them an unwanted message.

It's spammy.

As I mentioned earlier, most users get annoyed when they recieve these messages, and if it happens after almost every single project, that's a bit of an issue.

Having a lot of followers and doing this is just, no. As if 2k favorites and 5000 views per project isn't enough. It's just showing how greedy one can be with the power to invite followers easily.

Fanclubs should be for the users who actively enjoy one's content, not for every single follower. If someone doesn't want to join a fanclub, they shouldn't recieve a spam message regardless just for following someone. It's better that the users who actually want to be part of a fanclub get invited because they ask in the comments.
I see your points, however, most of my followers want to be notified when I release a new project, and only a VERY small percentage don't like it and decide to unfollow me. Because of this update, there is no way the people who want to know when I make a new project will know. If someone is recieving spam, they can similpy choose to unfollow the user.

Inviting my followers to studios is a important way to get views and loves to be able to get on trending, as someone who is following me is much more likely to love than someone who is not. (for example, my project got 10 loves for its first 50 views, (20%) but at 70000, it had 3500(2%) and yes, scratch isn't about fame, but this update still pains me as it will be alot harder to get on trending. It also shows my followers that I'm still active, and fufills the promise on my projects: “follow to get notified of new projects I make” so alot of my followers followed me so they could get notified. Taking away this feature would prevent some unwanted spam, but it would also cause lots of inconvince.

Yes! If people don't want to know why did they follow? And then if they think it's spam, just unfollow!
That's not a valid reason to re-add the button. What if you like someone's projects but hate getting added to studios?

Why is this a thing?
dertermenter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

The2000 wrote:

All suggestions are unnecessary. If a suggestion is necessary then it's a bug report.

dertermenter wrote:

April Fools Day on the forums has been a repeated privilege, not an expectation
US-Systems
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EatNYeet wrote:

-meIodii- wrote:

FreezeNova wrote:

EatNYeet wrote:

It's spammy.

That's not a valid reason to re-add the button. What if you like someone's projects but hate getting added to studios?
The ST could also make a function that doesn't permit of invite all Scratchers that you inserted in a black list.

(IT) Ciao! Mi chiamo Mattia, ho 12 anni e vivo in Sardegna! Mi piace realizzare videogiochi professionali e progetti fantastici su Scratch. Ricordati di seguirmi e di guardare i miei progetti, iscriviti anche al mio canale YouTube! Grazie!
(EN) Hi! I'm Mattia, I'm 12 and I live in Sardinia! I love making professional video games and awesome projects on Scratch. Remember to follow me and watch my projects, subscribe to my YouTube channel too! Thank you!
ScratchCat1038
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

Loading…

oh, so you drink water?
US-Systems
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchCat1038 wrote:

bump
Thanks!

(IT) Ciao! Mi chiamo Mattia, ho 12 anni e vivo in Sardegna! Mi piace realizzare videogiochi professionali e progetti fantastici su Scratch. Ricordati di seguirmi e di guardare i miei progetti, iscriviti anche al mio canale YouTube! Grazie!
(EN) Hi! I'm Mattia, I'm 12 and I live in Sardinia! I love making professional video games and awesome projects on Scratch. Remember to follow me and watch my projects, subscribe to my YouTube channel too! Thank you!
ScratchCat1038
Scratcher
1000+ posts

US-Systems wrote:

ScratchCat1038 wrote:

bump
Thanks!
It's the best suggestion in the world, so why not?

Loading…

oh, so you drink water?
Prime689
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This is as better as much being put in the same status as rejected:
5.2 “Invite all followers” button for studios
This feature existed in Scratch 2.0, but it was an extremely easy way for one user to create lots of notification spam for other users, most of which was unwanted. By removing this feature, users are forced to work a little bit to invite a large number of users.
Some users may not want to have a studio invite, as random followers. But if we invite a specific user, the user is more likely to join the studio, rather to not waste time on random followers.

-meIodii- wrote:

Omigosh yes, I remember when I was at 40+ and only ONE PERSON entered my competiton and 9 people actually SAW the thing in the first place. I made a studio for my DIYS and a lot more people entered and saw it.
By default, studios are not built for DIYS.

6'2 - they/them - canadian - teen
mrcreatorluigi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Today this was added to the rejected suggestions list, so I’ll report to close.

if i was in aladdin, my first wish would be to have infinite wishes, and use those infinite wishes for infinite wishes on each wish, rince and repeat
elise129
Scratcher
72 posts

mrcreatorluigi wrote:

Aw.

The cake is a lie
ScratchCat1038
Scratcher
1000+ posts

removed

Last edited by ScratchCat1038 (Aug. 8, 2021 23:02:42)

Loading…

oh, so you drink water?
Alphysse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mrcreatorluigi wrote:

No it wasn't, Za-Chary did say that this was not rejected.

I still in no way support this suggestion, though.

Last edited by Alphysse (Aug. 8, 2021 23:00:36)

mrcreatorluigi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Alphysse wrote:

mrcreatorluigi wrote:

I thought it was added into the “rejected studio suggestions” and one of them was the invite followers tab

if i was in aladdin, my first wish would be to have infinite wishes, and use those infinite wishes for infinite wishes on each wish, rince and repeat
dhuls
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mrcreatorluigi wrote:

Alphysse wrote:

mrcreatorluigi wrote:

I thought it was added into the “rejected studio suggestions” and one of them was the invite followers tab
No, the only things he added were a complete reversion and increasing the reply limit.
pixel120
Scratcher
57 posts

dhuls wrote:

mrcreatorluigi wrote:

Alphysse wrote:

mrcreatorluigi wrote:

No, the only things he added were a complete reversion and increasing the reply limit.
wot the one thing role players want won't happen?!…we'll be right back…

Za Warudo
Trademark_Lover_64
Scratcher
500+ posts

pixel120 wrote:

dhuls wrote:

mrcreatorluigi wrote:

Alphysse wrote:

mrcreatorluigi wrote:

wot the one thing role players want won't happen?!…we'll be right back…
Unfortunately, no, the thing roleplayers want will never happen.
Also, in Za-Chary's rejected suggestions list, look at suggestion #5.2, the answer to @Coolbe22's question is right there. The ST will not add this button back in because of notification spam.

Starting my own indie animation studio, plz click the image if interested!: