Discuss Scratch

matey1234
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft & Microsoft | Discussion

cheeseeater wrote:

peppermintpatty5 wrote:

What Lythium said. Google Drive sucks. Microsoft Office rules! So do Nintendo and Windows!

That's totally rude, bru. I love Nintendo.

NINTENDO FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

| Artist | Gamer | Roleplayer | Weirdo | Lazy |

peppermintpatty5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

matey1234 wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

peppermintpatty5 wrote:

What Lythium said. Google Drive sucks. Microsoft Office rules! So do Nintendo and Windows!

#BringBackDiscuss
codered56
Scratcher
100+ posts

peppermintpatty5 wrote:

matey1234 wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

peppermintpatty5 wrote:

OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Everyone is saying Google Drive is bad. I would use Office if I thought it was good… Any specific reasons as to why Office is better because I use Drive and the cloud a lot so if there's a better way to do it, I'm all in.
peppermintpatty5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

Everyone is saying Google Drive is bad. I would use Office if I thought it was good… Any specific reasons as to why Office is better because I use Drive and the cloud a lot so if there's a better way to do it, I'm all in.
Let's compare each of the big 3 features of Office. PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
The Google version and Microsoft version of PowerPoint allow you to do basic stuff like text boxes, pictures, music, and video. But with PowerPoint, you get to have a handy animation pane, access to multiple transition types and animations, ability to attach graphs from Excel cleanly, and advanced text and picture formatting.
Onto Word. The two programs are overall the same, but I think the layout of Microsoft Word with the ribbon on the top is better.
And last is Excel. This is my all time favorite tool for organizing data. You can create awesome charts and graphs and Excel will even give you functions of equations and trendlines. Even better is the ability to format cells to calculate data from other cells. EXCEL IS AWESOME!
But my final point is that having files on your computer is just so much easier. Sure you can make folders with Drive, but having them on your computer instead of the cloud is so much more practical. I sincerely hope you give Office a try.

Last edited by peppermintpatty5 (Sept. 26, 2014 00:33:41)

#BringBackDiscuss
OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

peppermintpatty5 wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

Let's compare each of the big 3 features of Office. PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
The Google version and Microsoft version of PowerPoint allow you to do basic stuff like text boxes, pictures, music, and video. But with PowerPoint, you get to have a handy animation pane, access to multiple transition types and animations, ability to attach graphs from Excel cleanly, and advanced text and picture formatting.
Onto Word. The two programs are overall the same, but I think the layout of Microsoft Word with the ribbon on the top is better.
And last is Excel. This is my all time favorite tool for organizing data. You can create awesome charts and graphs and Excel will even give you functions of equations and trendlines. Even better is the ability to format cells to calculate data from other cells. EXCEL IS AWESOME!
But my final point is that having files on your computer is just so much easier. Sure you can make folders with Drive, but having them on your computer instead of the cloud is so much more practical. I sincerely hope you give Office a try.
PowerPoint:
For all I know this could all be true, I rarely use it, but when I do the Google version has everything I need.
Word:
Docs is much more n00b friendly. Office just has too much stuff on there that no one ever uses, especially the beginners that run away crying.
Excel:
If you change every time you say “excel” to “google spreadsheet” it's still 100% true.

As for your last sentence, ever heard of Drive Offline? I'm guessing you haven't. And, once the price, n00b friendliness, and 10x better speed are added to the equation, I see no reason Drive isn't better or at least equal.
austin360
Scratcher
100+ posts

I HEARD MICROSOFT IS ADDING NEW SHAPES LIKE CIRCLES!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MINECRAFT CAN ONLY HAVE SQAURES!!

Check out the new collab Five Nights At Gobo's!
OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Where did you hear that?
peppermintpatty5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

peppermintpatty5 wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

PowerPoint:
For all I know this could all be true, I rarely use it, but when I do the Google version has everything I need.
Word:
Docs is much more n00b friendly. Office just has too much stuff on there that no one ever uses, especially the beginners that run away crying.
Excel:
If you change every time you say “excel” to “google spreadsheet” it's still 100% true.

As for your last sentence, ever heard of Drive Offline? I'm guessing you haven't. And, once the price, n00b friendliness, and 10x better speed are added to the equation, I see no reason Drive isn't better or at least equal.

Ok then. I hope you understand the difference between synced files and files that are yours. I don't have Drive installed on my computer but I can make a pretty good guess that the files are synced. You can edit them without a connection to the cloud but they won't update on the cloud until the next time you go online. It's physically impossible to edit things on another computer without access through a network. In this case, this network is the largest network in the world, the Internet and the computer you are getting access to is Google's giant data center. The application, in this case Google Drive, automatically downloads and replaces the versions of the files to your computer. As you can guess, this is a way for hackers to steal your data. Another downfall of Drive is that you have a 5 gigabyte data limit.
And to your reply on Excel. I'm sure that there is SOMETHING that Google didn't blatantly copy from Microsoft. From reading Bill Gate's biography, Microsoft would have sued Google if Spreadsheets was a carbon copy of Excel.

#BringBackDiscuss
codered56
Scratcher
100+ posts

meh i gave up on minecraft ages ago.

OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

@peppermintpatty, the first half of what you said was confusing to me. It sounds like you're saying that Drive Offline is not saving files to my computer but instead syncing them. You're 100% right. But, by the click of a button, you can save the file to your hard drive as a .doc.

For what you said about Excel, your right. They didn't “blatantly copy everything.” They made a free and effective alternative for people who don't need the super complex features. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you are making super complex stuff, use Office but everyone else is better off with Google. Also, I have absolutely no doubt after reading a biography by Paul Allen that Microsoft would sue.

Also, fifteen gigabyte limit (not 5) is not a problem at all. There's two solutions, offline where you don't have to worry about the limit or just buy more data. Buying more data is exponentially cheaper than buying Office, not that you would ever need it. I've been using Drive for every single thing I've ever written since 2011 and have used 9%. This includes all homework assignments through high-school. I also have a lot of other junk on there. I have several games like Terraria and BuildAndShoot on there and some videos, pictures, presentations, etc.

@codered56 Same for me, I've been playing Starbound lately.
codered56
Scratcher
100+ posts

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

i've also been playing starbound quite alot

OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

codered56 wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

Cool! I would ask you about it, but I've been enough off-topic for one topic.
codered56
Scratcher
100+ posts

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

codered56 wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

Cool! I would ask you about it, but I've been enough off-topic for one topic.
is there already a thread for that, if not you should make one

peppermintpatty5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think we can agree on one thing Omnipotentpotato; this thread has gone way off topic!

#BringBackDiscuss
OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

peppermintpatty5 wrote:

I think we can agree on one thing Omnipotentpotato; this thread has gone way off topic!
Yeah, if you want to continue talking about it, just make a thread and I'll stop by. xD

I made a thread for SB around Christmas 2013 when the game first came out, it died though.
Teanaway
Scratcher
500+ posts

matey1234 wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

peppermintpatty5 wrote:

Nintendo is love. Nintendo is life.
we all like Nintendo.

ok

Would you like to listen to a good YTPMV/MASHUP made by me?
If so, click on me! You won't regret it!
(sorry… i forgot how to do image links ): )
(Could somebody tell me how?)

Yep, i did something. I call him…well… “Funny dino and martin”. Hes actually a guy, if you couldn't tell. d:
matey1234
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Teanaway wrote:

matey1234 wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

peppermintpatty5 wrote:

Nintendo is love. Nintendo is life.
we all like Nintendo.

SO CORRECT!!!

OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo forever. I think it just turned 125 a few days ago.
matey1234
Scratcher
1000+ posts

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

Nintendo forever. I think it just turned 125 a few days ago.

when [ space] key pressed
set [ nintendoiscool] to [ 592]
repeat (nintendoiscool)
move (500) steps
wait (1) secs
move (-500) steps
go to x: (0) y: (0)
say [HAPPY BDAY NINTENDO!] for (2) secs

end