Discuss Scratch

Lovelycat5
Scratcher
3 posts

Minecraft & Microsoft | Discussion

imadrainpipe wrote:

I'm sorry Microsoft, but you can not own minecraft.
Do you really think of creativity and cross-generation enjoyment when you open MS word?
No.

Good news, though - Jeb is still head developer of minecraft!
Microsoft can own minecraft because they will make it better and more fun for players i know everything will change but it will be alot better and notch chose to sell minecraft to microsoft for alot of money and he knew that he can not make minecraft better and he wanted the minecraft players to have more to play with so he picked to sell it to microsoft because he knew they where better at programing then him self if their is anyone to blame because of this its the programing site that notch used to learn how to program so its no ones fault that this happend notch just decided to do this and i dont even know why everyone are fighting about something that very amazing thats going to happen this is a great thing its not bad its good and i know notch is a really good programer and that he can make minecraft better but he doesn't think that i have to agree with what notch chose so dont give people a hard time because your upset about notch selling minecraft is a really good thing!
fivehead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-_- God. I hate how people say this is going to ruin the game. Sure I like to joke with my friends about it, but the people at Microsoft aren't idiots. They're not just going to completely contort the game into explosive failure. It's the same thing about Mark Zuckerburg buying the Oculus. He's not an idiot, and he's not going to lead the Oculus into an explosive failure either. Sure Minecraft will be different, but that doesn't mean it won't be the same game. If anything it'll mainly make updates on the Xbox, making it more unique to its counterparts, making it better in a way. This whole uproar really doesn't mean much at all.
fivehead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

imadrainpipe wrote:

I'm sorry Microsoft, but you can not own minecraft.
Do you really think of creativity and cross-generation enjoyment when you open MS word?
No.

Good news, though - Jeb is still head developer of minecraft!
THIS IS WHAT I MEAN

GAWD! Just because they made a freaking software to virtually write, doesn't mean that they're going to turn Minecraft into MS word. What is wrong with people? Microcsoft obviously won't make it a terrible game, because then they won't get money. You do realize that they want money, and if they make it a terrible game that isn't even like the real Minecraft, they won't get money. *smacks face against computer screen*
codered56
Scratcher
100+ posts

mario91100 wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

codered56 wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

codered56 wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

codered56 wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

codered56 wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

De_Eagle wrote:

I must say I have nothing against Microsoft for buying Minecraft. Partially because I'm a huge Microsoft fan and partially because Microsoft knows computer and I don't think they will mess it up.
You're joking right?
how?
Let me put it this way, what has Microsoft done right recently?

Windows 8 - Fail

Xbox One - Fail

MIcrosoft Office - Fail

windows 8 is way to underrated.
Correct me if I'm wrong: Windows 8 = Windows 7 + Really bad start menu

We're kind of getting off topic, you should start a new thread if you're going to continue talking about it.
alright but i see it as more of a case of Windows 7 + differnt start menu + better compatability for games, but yeah lets get back on topic.
Being able to run better games has nothing to do with whether you have 7 or 8.
actually due to hardware it does.
a computer that runs 7 can run 8 and vice versa so no.

Lets stop building pyramids and get back on topic.

So, what do you guys think will change in Minecraft, now that Microsoft owns it?
but i like pyramids, but anyway what do you think will come out of minecraft now that microsoft owns mojang?

peppermintpatty5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

If I may chime in here. Notch made a Reddit post here that I hope you all know about. Here is a copy of what he said: http://notch.net/2014/09/im-leaving-mojang/

Lovelycat5 wrote:

Well minecraft is changing so notch is quitting because he knows he wont beable to make better stuff he is not very good at programing so he wanted microsoft to make the game even better witch probally means bigger servers more weapons more mods more texturepacks and more bigger worlds and more scarier mobs and pets. So its a good think notch has sold minecraft to microsoft!
To Lovelycat5, Notch is a great programmer although he said in his statement why he left. I'm also sure Microsoft won't touch Minecraft at all, they'll just earn a profit on all future games sold. Servers have NEVER been made by Mojang, all of them are run by Minecraft players like you and me. Also, mods and texture packs, which I think are terrible, are made by third party people as well.

And to OmnipotentPotato, don't be hating on Microsoft!

Last edited by peppermintpatty5 (Sept. 24, 2014 21:10:40)

#BringBackDiscuss
weatherman115
Scratcher
500+ posts

Microsoft, let me ask something of you.
Stay away from that game.
You already took it off the PS3, and you're going to make it Xbox exclusive, which will make people want one even more, so in summary, it's the most tragic marketing scheme in the world.
It's an indie game.
An independent game.
Give back it's independence.
Aaaaaaaaaaand everyone's going to hate me.

Last edited by weatherman115 (Aug. 9, 2017 01:36:44)

h
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

weatherman115 wrote:

You already took it off the PS3, and you're going to make it Xbox exclusive, which will make people want one even more, so in summary, it's the most tragic marketing scheme in the world.
It's an indie game.
An independent game.
In my defense, it's what my mom told me.
I'm serious.
Mothers don't lie to their children and I'm going off topic.
It's not an indie game anymore

It's actually an amazing marketing scheme given that Minecraft is game with a huge amount of players.

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

@FireDrake what's OneDrive and in what way is it better than Drive? Google Drive is free, effective, and a lot more friendly to low end computers. Also, no download needed.

And yes, I see what you mean about Windows being easier. My grandma being able to use Windows is a miracle, I can't even imagine her being able to do anything with the Linux console and stuff. lol.

Last edited by OmnipotentPotato (Sept. 25, 2014 02:13:06)

matey1234
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guys… chill. It's not like Microsoft will ruin Minecraft for good.

I might be wrong.

Look, just do not:
  • PANIC

PROTEST AGAINST MICROSOFT

THROW YOUR COMPUTER OUT THE WINDOW WHEN YOU FIRST SAW THIS DISCUSSION

HATE MICROSOFT FOREVER. ESPECIALLY IF YOU OWN AN XBOX.

| Artist | Gamer | Roleplayer | Weirdo | Lazy |

Semper5010
Scratcher
100+ posts

Lovelycat5 wrote:

Well minecraft is changing so notch is quitting because he knows he wont beable to make better stuff he is not very good at programing so he wanted microsoft to make the game even better witch probally means bigger servers more weapons more mods more texturepacks and more bigger worlds and more scarier mobs and pets. So its a good think notch has sold minecraft to microsoft!

Uhm, as far as I know Notch isn't the one who creates servers. So he can't really step into a server and go BINGO!! Hey hey, the worlds are larger. I also don't think he was the one to create mods. I'm not sure about the mods, but i'm practically certain about the servers.

╭━━━╮
┃╭━╮┃
┃╰━━┳━━┳╮╭┳━━┳━━┳━╮
╰━━╮┃┃━┫╰╯┃╭╮┃┃━┫╭╯
┃╰━╯┃┃━┫┃┃┃╰╯┃┃━┫┃
╰━━━┻━━┻┻┻┫╭━┻━━┻╯

Semper5010
Scratcher
100+ posts

Wow… this article is sad to me. Goodbye Notch.

╭━━━╮
┃╭━╮┃
┃╰━━┳━━┳╮╭┳━━┳━━┳━╮
╰━━╮┃┃━┫╰╯┃╭╮┃┃━┫╭╯
┃╰━╯┃┃━┫┃┃┃╰╯┃┃━┫┃
╰━━━┻━━┻┻┻┫╭━┻━━┻╯

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

@FireDrake what's OneDrive and in what way is it better than Drive? Google Drive is free, effective, and a lot more friendly to low end computers. Also, no download needed.

And yes, I see what you mean about Windows being easier. My grandma being able to use Windows is a miracle, I can't even imagine her being able to do anything with the Linux console and stuff. lol.
Google collect your data and sell it to the highest bidder. I'm sure that's why I get so many cold calls after putting my number in a Google account…

I'd also agree with people above that Windows 8 is a fail, it's just 7 with a lame twist. In my opinion, Microsoft should use their cash to make 7 much better and make office better and much cheaper. Why should I buy expensive windows when I can get nearly all the features for free on Linux?
OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheeseeater wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

Google collect your data and sell it to the highest bidder. I'm sure that's why I get so many cold calls after putting my number in a Google account…

I'd also agree with people above that Windows 8 is a fail, it's just 7 with a lame twist. In my opinion, Microsoft should use their cash to make 7 much better and make office better and much cheaper. Why should I buy expensive windows when I can get nearly all the features for free on Linux?
You shouldn't.

And I highly doubt Google has a whole underworld where they sell your information. And it's definitely not anymore likely that Google will sell your information and Microsoft won't.
Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

Lythium wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

codered56 wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

De_Eagle wrote:

I must say I have nothing against Microsoft for buying Minecraft. Partially because I'm a huge Microsoft fan and partially because Microsoft knows computer and I don't think they will mess it up.
You're joking right?
how?
Let me put it this way, what has Microsoft done right recently?

Windows 8 - Awesomeness

Xbox One - Not too good, but good.

MIcrosoft Office - Awesomeness
Fixed.
Linux, PS4, Google Drive
Windows is better by far
PS4 ALL THE WAY.
Microsoft Office is WAYY better than Drive.

peppermintpatty5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What Lythium said. Google Drive sucks. Microsoft Office rules! So do Nintendo and Windows!

Last edited by peppermintpatty5 (Sept. 25, 2014 16:44:01)

#BringBackDiscuss
cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

peppermintpatty5 wrote:

What Lythium said. Google Drive sucks. Microsoft Office rules! So do Nintendo and Windows!

Last edited by cheeseeater (Sept. 25, 2014 17:02:51)

astro-mechanic
Scratcher
500+ posts

cheeseeater wrote:

Linux never makes mistakes because it never tries to change. It's just a kernel. One goodish distro and “Linux is great!” and one not-so-good one and “it's just this distro that's bad”. With Windows, it's the other way around; it's either “windows is expensive, it's supposed to be good” or “ew they didn't do it perfectly” or “even if it does well, it's still Windows.”

Linux doesn't run Windows software for one, so you can't use 90% of software.

Anyway, back on topic?

sign here
emperor of shiny things
cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

astro-mechanic wrote:

Linux doesn't run Windows software for one, so you can't use 90% of software.
Now that's where you're wrong. Meet wine.

Anyway, back to the subject…

Last edited by cheeseeater (Sept. 25, 2014 20:17:21)

codered56
Scratcher
100+ posts

weatherman115 wrote:

It's an indie game.
An independent game.
In my defense, it's what my mom told me.
I'm serious.
Mothers don't lie to their children and I'm going off topic.
good call, thats exactly what i felt when i heard about it!

codered56
Scratcher
100+ posts

PS4 ALL THE WAY.

WIIU FTW!