Discuss Scratch

ESWprograming
Scratcher
5 posts

Minecraft & Microsoft | Discussion

I am a huge fan of minecraft but it makes no sence to me as to why we talk about the money behind it. Like most minecraft fans I play the game without thinking about mojang itself. However I think this is a good topic to think about and I am going to think about mojang a little more.
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

And yes, I see what you mean about Windows being easier. My grandma being able to use Windows is a miracle, I can't even imagine her being able to do anything with the Linux console and stuff. lol.
My grandma doesn't know how to use a computer at ALL.

bottom text
iamunknown2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

And yes, I see what you mean about Windows being easier. My grandma being able to use Windows is a miracle, I can't even imagine her being able to do anything with the Linux console and stuff. lol.
On the other hand, if you configured Linux at the start for her, the results would be a little different. If it's just for browsing the web etc, Linux would be better. Otherwise, you should use Windows.

| My website | Using Geany | A Christian | Running Ubuntu MATE 14.04 with Flash 18.0 (release 0) | Search this with quotation marks on Google to view my posts: “ellipsepostpianolizard” (some posts may not show up) |

Moving on from Scratch? Learn Python/a scripting language (e.g Perl, JavaScript), then move on to a C derivative
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

iamunknown2 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

On the other hand, if you configured Linux at the start for her, the results would be a little different. If it's just for browsing the web etc, Linux would be better. Otherwise, you should use Windows.
*facepalm* she doesn't know how to turn on a computer.

bottom text
iamunknown2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

iamunknown2 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

*facepalm* she doesn't know how to turn on a computer.
Leave it open…

| My website | Using Geany | A Christian | Running Ubuntu MATE 14.04 with Flash 18.0 (release 0) | Search this with quotation marks on Google to view my posts: “ellipsepostpianolizard” (some posts may not show up) |

Moving on from Scratch? Learn Python/a scripting language (e.g Perl, JavaScript), then move on to a C derivative
Dets65
Scratcher
500+ posts

How did this get into a discussion about hax0r grandmas? Offtopic, much?

Hi, I am a person! (I'm pretty sure I'm a person. Can someone confirm that I am a person for me?)

life is beautiful, except when it's not
iamunknown2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dets65 wrote:

Lol yes.

matey1234
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dets65 wrote:

lol
best post ever

| Artist | Gamer | Roleplayer | Weirdo | Lazy |

peppermintpatty5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

matey1234 wrote:

Dets65 wrote:

lol
best post ever

#BringBackDiscuss
rjscratcher5
Scratcher
50 posts

matey1234 wrote:

The_Scratch_Squad wrote:

rjscratcher5 wrote:

it was for the money
Sigh… Money money money…
Ah…

Money…

Notch made enough of it already… he didn't need to sell it….
WHAT! 1,000,000. That's a million pounds

Hey, I`m rjscratcher5! I want to tell you a secret! I usually get bored when I click ‘create’. please check out my frends:

Side note: this has info from 10/16/2015
matey1234
Scratcher
1000+ posts

rjscratcher5 wrote:

matey1234 wrote:

The_Scratch_Squad wrote:

rjscratcher5 wrote:

it was for the money
Sigh… Money money money…
Ah…

Money…

Notch made enough of it already… he didn't need to sell it….
WHAT! 1,000,000. That's a million pounds
He made billions of dollars off Minecraft m8

| Artist | Gamer | Roleplayer | Weirdo | Lazy |

malibu23
Scratcher
22 posts

I don't really play mc anymore cause
add [Windows 8 Computer] to [  Computer Type]
set [Operating System [ x82 bit System]
set [ Minecraft] to [ Messed up texures]
iamunknown2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

malibu23 wrote:

I don't really play mc anymore cause
add [Windows 8 Computer] to [  Computer Type]
set [Operating System [ x82 bit System]
set [ Minecraft] to [ Messed up texures]
Wait, there's x82 architecture? Are you sure you don't mean x86?

sauruman
Scratcher
36 posts

Iditaroid wrote:

Why do people keep making a big deal about this?
Well, then you either don't play Minecraft, don't know Microsoft, or both. Microsoft will… no, IS ruining Minecraft as I type. Maybe we should just get used to it.

———————————————————————————-

This is my awesome blog :DDDD

Please click, I need the pageviews.
scratcher7_13
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sauruman wrote:

Iditaroid wrote:

Well, then you either don't play Minecraft, don't know Microsoft, or both. Microsoft will… no, IS ruining Minecraft as I type. Maybe we should just get used to it.
How? I play Minecraft and know Microsoft, and I don't think they're ruining anything. At least, they haven't done anything yet, so I am not going to assume that they will.

Pretty much inactive here tbh. Game dev/musician/mega-nerd.

My signature is a proud soldier in the kumquat war.

Soundcloud | Soundcloud | Soundcloud
natemonster321
Scratcher
500+ posts

scratcher7_13 wrote:

sauruman wrote:

Iditaroid wrote:

How? I play Minecraft and know Microsoft, and I don't think they're ruining anything. At least, they haven't done anything yet, so I am not going to assume that they will.
Mojang is still working on Minecraft. Microsoft can't ruin anything because they're just letting Mojang do their stuff.

Last edited by natemonster321 (June 30, 2015 23:17:03)

Steam: natemonster321
Youtube: TheUltimateMaleFan Can I haz Internets?~Can I haz huggles?
A kumquat ate my rainbow.
jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

natemonster321 wrote:

scratcher7_13 wrote:

sauruman wrote:

Iditaroid wrote:

Mojang is still working on Minecraft. Microsoft can't ruin anything because they're just letting Mojang do their stuff.
I agree. In fact, all Microsoft is really doing is getting profit and making Minecraft work with HoloLens. So, we can't really say Microsoft is doing anything bad with Minecraft - but if you (the Microsoft-Minecraft haters) still hate it that much you can just play the old versions.

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
cowman33
Scratcher
100+ posts

https://mojang.com/2015/07/announcing-minecraft-windows-10-edition-beta/

How's this? A windows 10 exclusive version of minecraft.
BlueCrayfish
Scratcher
500+ posts

I've seen the latest update and I don't really see a difference from the old updates, if nobody told me, I woud never notice that there was a new developer

Last edited by BlueCrayfish (July 7, 2015 22:54:20)

Does this pique your interest:
A 26 year old accountant was framed for changing records, who, now a fugitive, flees, and tries to find the organization who actually coordinated the scam.

Would you be interested in joining:
A collab that is checked every day and managed well.

Then why don't you click the sunglasses guy?

harry-qwe
Scratcher
33 posts

We'll they just made a ‘Minecraft windows ten edition’ Abd about updates i don;t know if any of you play PE but the PE players just got a great update from MICROSOFT

ADD YOUR PROJECTS HERE tiny.cc/milpro LETS GET 1,000,000 BY THE END OF THE YEAR