Discuss Scratch

fivehead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Frozen VS. The Lego Movie: which movie is better?

These movies are not really comparable unless it is in general rating. Frozen is a movie that is like a fairy tale, in a completely different time and setting then Lego Movie is, and the 2 movies have pretty much nothing in common. So you can't TRULY compare them.

Last edited by fivehead (Aug. 9, 2014 00:27:55)

luiysia
Scratcher
500+ posts

fivehead wrote:

These movies are not really comparable unless it is in general rating. Frozen is a movie that is like a fairy tale, in a completely different time and setting then Lego Movie is, and the 2 movies have pretty much nothing in common. So you can't TRULY compare them.
this is a good point, but I think the original asker might have meant something like, “which do you prefer” or “which did you enjoy more,” which is definitely something you can give an answer to.

It’s such a little thing to weep—
So short a thing to sigh—
And yet—by Trades—the size of these
We men and women die!

- Emily Dickinson
mathman314
Scratcher
100+ posts

'merica
MervinKidz
Scratcher
29 posts

Firedrake969 wrote:

Quayl wrote:

I perfer Lego movie. Frozen has a nonsense story, with unloveable characters. Olaf is a riduculous snowman abomination, the reindeer is a reindeer, Anna is desperate for a boyfriend, and Elsa is just depressed. And Elsa cannot turn her kingdom into eternal winter, as that would require a shift in earths orbit around the sun.
Plastic humanoids cannot talk.

Have you ever SEEN a plastic humanoid? Plus, there is most likely one out there that CAN talk.

If you are reading this, you have been qualified for the finals of the tournament. YES, this is REAL. Go to THIS LINK to find out who you are in the tournament. IT KNOWS WHO YOU ARE.
when this sprite clicked
forever
create clone of [myself v]
end

when I start as a clone
forever
end
MervinKidz
Scratcher
29 posts

Btw Lego movie ftw. Everything is Awesome is catchy, but sometimes gets annoying.

If you are reading this, you have been qualified for the finals of the tournament. YES, this is REAL. Go to THIS LINK to find out who you are in the tournament. IT KNOWS WHO YOU ARE.
when this sprite clicked
forever
end

when I start as a clone
forever
end
scratcher7_13
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MervinKidz wrote:

Btw Lego movie ftw. Everything is Awesome is catchy, but sometimes gets annoying.
Everything is awesome!
Everything is cool when you're part of a team!

Pretty much inactive here tbh. Game dev/musician/mega-nerd.

My signature is a proud soldier in the kumquat war.

Soundcloud | Soundcloud | Soundcloud
mathman314
Scratcher
100+ posts

MervinKidz wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Quayl wrote:

I perfer Lego movie. Frozen has a nonsense story, with unloveable characters. Olaf is a riduculous snowman abomination, the reindeer is a reindeer, Anna is desperate for a boyfriend, and Elsa is just depressed. And Elsa cannot turn her kingdom into eternal winter, as that would require a shift in earths orbit around the sun.
Plastic humanoids cannot talk.

Have you ever SEEN a plastic humanoid? Plus, there is most likely one out there that CAN talk.
Actually, that's probably right. There probably is a lego figure that Lego designed to talk on it's own. I haven't actually seen one like that, but I bet it's out there.

'merica
happyee
Scratcher
15 posts

i cant chose.but frozen is quite brainwash after i watch
define frozen brainwash
forever
play sound [let it go]
end

when green flag clicked
forever
if <frozen watched> then
frozen brainwash
end
end

Last edited by happyee (Sept. 16, 2014 01:06:00)

when green flag clicked
forever

set [awesomeness v] to [100]
end
Teanaway
Scratcher
500+ posts

lego movie. the ending doe…

ok

Would you like to listen to a good YTPMV/MASHUP made by me?
If so, click on me! You won't regret it!
(sorry… i forgot how to do image links ): )
(Could somebody tell me how?)

Yep, i did something. I call him…well… “Funny dino and martin”. Hes actually a guy, if you couldn't tell. d:
imadrainpipe
Scratcher
100+ posts

So…
In what way are they comparable?

mario91100
Scratcher
500+ posts

imadrainpipe wrote:

So…

Exactly.

Quit comparing completely different things. It's only a comparison if each movie shares some elements.

If they don't share any actual qualities, or at least enough of them, it's not a comparison. In a fan base battle.

In this case, it's Frozen fans VS. Lego Movie fans.
lcftf
Scratcher
100+ posts

mario91100 wrote:

imadrainpipe wrote:

So…

Exactly.

Quit comparing completely different things. It's only a comparison if each movie shares some elements.

If they don't share any actual qualities, or at least enough of them, it's not a comparison. In a fan base battle.

They do share something. The catchy songs.
mathman314
Scratcher
100+ posts

mario91100 wrote:

imadrainpipe wrote:

So…

Exactly.

Uuh, I'm not denying that you're absolutely right, but I kind of already have a whole discussion on it.

Last edited by mathman314 (Oct. 16, 2014 12:16:06)

'merica
mathman314
Scratcher
100+ posts

lcftf wrote:

mario91100 wrote:

imadrainpipe wrote:

So…

Exactly.

They do share something. The catchy songs.
He's right! I did also ask which song is better in my topic post! Does/did anybody actually read it all the way through? ANYONE?

'merica
beaglecub
Scratcher
100+ posts

Well, the Lego Movie was better until the end, I though the end made no sense at all.

Frozen: I like Let It Go, but the rest I didn't really enjoy. Its not really adventure, which is my type of a movie, The storyline was good though, But not much comedy, and I like comedy.

I like lego movie more.

There has been a error loading this signature. -scratch team

Jack82702
Scratcher
4 posts

Both seem good.
minecraftchik
New to Scratch
2 posts

I am not sure actually because I like both of them
possibly
Scratcher
100+ posts

i probably liked frozen a little bit more overall, because there were some annoying bits in lego movie. HOWEVER. i absolutely hated the ending/“plot twist” in frozen; i felt like it was a cheap attempt to wrap the story up and add a moral. THEREFORE i would probably go with lego movie who successfully made a dumb movie that i enjoyed. (except for the song)
MSPA
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Both movies have a moral.

Frozen's Moral-
Be yourself. Just because somebody doesn't like who you TRULY are, doesn't mean you have to change who are because of one person.

Lego Movie's Moral-
Creativity is a great thing. If somebody doesn't like your creativity, just ignore them and create until you can create no more!