Discuss Scratch

mathman314
Scratcher
100+ posts

Frozen VS. The Lego Movie: which movie is better?

I have seen both The Lego Movie and Frozen, 2 extremely popular and good movies. But which is better NOT BETTER, more popular? (Ignore the title) I'm not counting votes. Also, please explain why you like a certain movie better in as much detail as possible.

Notice: I have abandoned this discussion (even though its my own), as I have no preference for either of them.

Last edited by mathman314 (July 4, 2015 20:12:29)

'merica
lcftf
Scratcher
100+ posts

Lego Movie.
mathman314
Scratcher
100+ posts

lcftf wrote:

Lego Movie.
Reason? Please make it as detailed as possible.

'merica
samanyolu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hmmm… This is difficult to choose
mathman314
Scratcher
100+ posts

samanyolu wrote:

Hmmm… This is difficult to choose
That's exactly why I made a topic about it!

'merica
emilymorris9
Scratcher
24 posts

FROZEN becasue the Lego Movie is a bit high picthed!
show list [ v]
[imagine]
show list [v]
[Program]
show list [v]
[share]
mathman314
Scratcher
100+ posts

emilymorris9 wrote:

show list [ v]
[imagine]
show list [v]
[Program]
show list [v]
[share]

Well, it is considered a children's comedy. The only comedy in Frozen is Olaf.

Last edited by mathman314 (Aug. 3, 2014 18:26:04)

'merica
robosnakejr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

These kinds of threads shouldn't exist.
Minecraft vs roblox tried something like this, the outcome was terrible.
Also, inb4 flame war.

;
Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I liked both movies, but I'm gonna go with Frozen. I guess I just liked the story of it a bit more.

Have a cute, curled up Peridot.
derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think I like The Lego Movie better. :3

hey bro that's a pretty good meme xD!
AM-5573
Scratcher
100+ posts

I preferred the music in Frozen to Lego Movie: best music ever for a Disney film! Although I am a Tegan and Sara fan, I found that “Everything is Awesome” gets annoying after a while.

Evil kumquats? Ha! My signature was eaten by a pineapple.
SemolinaPilchard
New to Scratch
86 posts

mathman314 wrote:

emilymorris9 wrote:

show list [ v]
[imagine]
show list [v]
[Program]
show list [v]
[share]
Well I think they're both are children's comedies, and Olaf is just the only goofball comedy in it (while those rock monster singing things come close) while Lego Movie is pretty much all zaniness.

They also both kind of transcend being children's comedies and are more meaningful and generally higher quality than that term tends to imply, overall a good direction.

It's hard to compare them though - they both set out to do different things. Sell merchandise they can both agree on, but beyond that.
Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SemolinaPilchard wrote:

mathman314 wrote:

emilymorris9 wrote:

show list [ v]
[imagine]
show list [v]
[Program]
show list [v]
[share]
Well I think they're both are children's comedies, and Olaf is just the only goofball comedy in it (while those rock monster singing things come close) while Lego Movie is pretty much all zaniness.

They also both kind of transcend being children's comedies and are more meaningful and generally higher quality than that term tends to imply, overall a good direction.

It's hard to compare them though - they both set out to do different things. Sell merchandise they can both agree on, but beyond that.
True. People tend to associate works aimed at children to be of lower quality (probably from the assumption that something doesn't need to be good to keep kids entertained), when that's not necessarily true.

Have a cute, curled up Peridot.
Quayl
Scratcher
85 posts

I perfer Lego movie. Frozen has a nonsense story, with unloveable characters. Olaf is a riduculous snowman abomination, the reindeer is a reindeer, Anna is desperate for a boyfriend, and Elsa is just depressed. And Elsa cannot turn her kingdom into eternal winter, as that would require a shift in earths orbit around the sun.

Space Quail sees everything, Space Quail knows everything, Space Quail can do anything, Space Quail can help you.
Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Quayl wrote:

I perfer Lego movie. Frozen has a nonsense story, with unloveable characters. Olaf is a riduculous snowman abomination, the reindeer is a reindeer, Anna is desperate for a boyfriend, and Elsa is just depressed. And Elsa cannot turn her kingdom into eternal winter, as that would require a shift in earths orbit around the sun.
I disagree.
Lego Movie was funnier, but I felt Frozen was more woman-centered. I really liked them both, so I can't say.

samanyolu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Alright, I finally decided - Lego Movie. Because… because… uhhh I don't know. I think it is better and I love it .By the way, I don't think here is a good place to discuss this.

Last edited by samanyolu (Aug. 4, 2014 14:28:28)

Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Quayl wrote:

Plastic humanoids cannot talk.

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
AonymousGuy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Firedrake969 wrote:

Quayl wrote:

Neither can snowmen or rocks.

(I haven't actually seen Frozen, but I thought the Lego movie was good for the most part. And two of my friends really hate Frozen, so I don't know what to think.)
Deerleg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Lego Movie was really good until the end. They messed that up.
And Frozen? Well, it doesn't really have any good adventure or anything, and that's what I'm into, but I'm more into fantastical adventure, and Elsa has magical powers.
They're technically equal. I'd say that the movie Mr. Peabody and Sherman was better than both of them, though.

Quayl
Scratcher
85 posts

Firedrake969 wrote:

Quayl wrote:

Not shifting the earths orbit and just causing cold is far from the word “winter”.

Space Quail sees everything, Space Quail knows everything, Space Quail can do anything, Space Quail can help you.