Discuss Scratch

mathman314
Scratcher
100+ posts

Frozen VS. The Lego Movie: which movie is better?

Dets65 wrote:

mathman314 wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Quayl wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Quayl wrote:

I perfer Lego movie. Frozen has a nonsense story, with unloveable characters. Olaf is a riduculous snowman abomination, the reindeer is a reindeer, Anna is desperate for a boyfriend, and Elsa is just depressed. And Elsa cannot turn her kingdom into eternal winter, as that would require a shift in earths orbit around the sun.
Plastic humanoids cannot talk.
Not shifting the earths orbit and just causing cold is far from the word “winter”.
And yet you're accepting living plastic?
It's not actually living plastic. (SPOILER ALERT) Whenever the plastic seemed like it was moving, it was actually just the kid controlling the legos, and what he was doing was just brought to life, similar to the beginning of Toy Story 3. The Micro Managers were what the kid's dad was doing. The legos weren't actually alive. And, even if they were, it's just fiction, not totally based on real life. This movie isn't just to promote legos. It has a story and well developed characters.

DO NOT MENTION THE ENDING.

seriously do not it ruined the entire film for me

but that duplo gag was hilarious, it was so gaggy it made me barf rainbows
It said spoiler alert. I thought you knew what that meant.

'merica
HarryPotterGeek500
Scratcher
100+ posts

FROZEN!!

go to [Hogwarts!!:)]
~HarryPotterGeek500

goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

So hard…

Alright, let's do this.

Frozen:

Pros:
Just the music, general plot, and everything have this kind of charm…
Cons:
It is just TOO popular. Seriously, people are still obsessing over it even though it's summer…
Has no moral; unless “Don't Set Off An Eternal Winter, Everyone Will Hate You, Though Haters Gonna Hate” counts as a moral

Lego Movie:

Pros:
Very, very creative
Actually has a moral
Pro/Cons:
Has bad jokes every 10 seconds. Fortunately, they're so bad they're good.
Cons:
Everything. Is. Awesome. That's the only thing that irritates me about this movie, everyone is obsessed with it, I can't get it out of my head….

Overall, after lots of pro/conning and some mental math, I choose Lego Movie.
Deerleg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dets65 wrote:

mathman314 wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Quayl wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Quayl wrote:

I perfer Lego movie. Frozen has a nonsense story, with unloveable characters. Olaf is a riduculous snowman abomination, the reindeer is a reindeer, Anna is desperate for a boyfriend, and Elsa is just depressed. And Elsa cannot turn her kingdom into eternal winter, as that would require a shift in earths orbit around the sun.
Plastic humanoids cannot talk.
Not shifting the earths orbit and just causing cold is far from the word “winter”.
And yet you're accepting living plastic?
It's not actually living plastic. (SPOILER ALERT) Whenever the plastic seemed like it was moving, it was actually just the kid controlling the legos, and what he was doing was just brought to life, similar to the beginning of Toy Story 3. The Micro Managers were what the kid's dad was doing. The legos weren't actually alive. And, even if they were, it's just fiction, not totally based on real life. This movie isn't just to promote legos. It has a story and well developed characters.

Agreed.

SemolinaPilchard
New to Scratch
86 posts

NeilWest wrote:

Neither. Frozen is yet another generic, lifeless Disney princess film with pointless characters, horrible CGI (seriously, it looks 10 years older than it actually does) and loads of cliches. An act of true love isn't that far from true love's kiss. Elsa is a good character but in reality, none of Frozen's problems would've happened because normal people talk about their problems. Certainly not shut out their child for loads of years. The rock trolls are very, very unnecessary to the story, since they could have easily said the solution and been off before they got stale and boring. Anna is a generic Disney princess. She's energetic, full of dreams and is looking for a man. Eh. Kristoff is another shy, kind match for Anna. The other characters are so forgettable that I don't even know their names! And don't even get me started on OLAF. He was MADE for being slapped on a Subway meal and to attract the kiddies to watch this film.

The Lego Movie, in short, is a hypocritical, over-political kids film to gets kids to remember that LEGO is still a thing and that they can still buy it. Its also to remind adults that LEGO is still a thing and that… wait what? It has this whole over-bearing message that you shouldn't follow society's rules and do what you wish… with LEGO. It says not to do what the government tells you to do, yet forces you to buy LEGO mini-figures of Emmet and the crew. I guess making a film about toys is pretty hard not to sell out on. It's confused on who it's target audience is too, it has all these bright and colourful characters yet also all these jokey self-references to LEGO from the past. Maybe it's trying so hard to cater for everyone that you get served a mixed up meal. Strip away all the LEGO and you get an incredibly cheesy, bland plot that doesn't even have any branching plots. Nope. The whole Wildstyle backstory lasted 5 minutes during the build-up to the end, which was sort-of interesting but luckily it didn't distract too much from the main story. I would give it extra points for looking so real - but CGI.

Both are horrible and you should definitely watch something else. Like Monster's University!
If someone's going to insincerely hate popular stuff I'll insincerely love it like my own child.

Both. Frozen is yet another colorful, fun Disney princess film with serviceable characters, incredible CGI (seriously, the fabric is amazing! and the cinematography is drool worthy) and loads of tropes. An act of true love is comparable true love's kiss, which makes sense as it aspires to turn that tradition on its head and must be close to it in order to establish the proper reversal of expectations. Elsa is a good character with believable plot conflicts, as the story explains why a family must shut in their daughter and not communicate. Anna is a classic Disney princess, filling a role that the movie needed to portray it's message. She's energetic, full of dreams and is looking for a man. An invaluable foil to the modern princess that Elsa portrays. Eh. Kristoff is another shy, kind match for Anna. The other characters in the background are not as crucial but are entertaining when present. And regarding Olaf; he was perfect comic relief coming at the right times with just enough of a story about him.

The Lego Movie, in short, is a self-aware kids film that gets people to remember that LEGO is still a thing and that it is still turning out quality products in a number of markets, based on an extremely high-quality and fun toy. It has a good message that you shouldn't follow society's rules and do what you wish - where LEGO comes in handy to demonstrate through it's versatility yet also the ability to be used while following rules. It's mastered it's theme too, it has all these bright and colourful characters yet also all these jokey self-references to LEGO from the past. These show that Lego is a modern company proud of it's past, not one dully stuck in its sepia toned glory or refusing to acknowledge its beginnings. It manages to cater to everyone without any of the audience members feeling shorted; kids get frenetic action, older members get half second references, boys get Batman, girls get Unikitty and it makes a cohesive whole. Strip away all the LEGO and you get an incredibly campy plot that avoids over-complicating itself in the midst of the high-pace it already has. I would give it extra points for looking so real, an impressive CGI feat.
MrFlash67
Scratcher
500+ posts

^That basically sums up all my points, save for maybe Olaf. And then only maybe.

like tears in chocolate rain
(2012 - 2022 - 20XX)
NeilWest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

luiysia wrote:

NeilWest wrote:

Neither. Frozen is yet another generic, lifeless Disney princess film with pointless characters, horrible CGI (seriously, it looks 10 years older than it actually does) and loads of cliches. An act of true love isn't that far from true love's kiss. Elsa is a good character but in reality, none of Frozen's problems would've happened because normal people talk about their problems. Certainly not shut out their child for loads of years. The rock trolls are very, very unnecessary to the story, since they could have easily said the solution and been off before they got stale and boring. Anna is a generic Disney princess. She's energetic, full of dreams and is looking for a man. Eh. Kristoff is another shy, kind match for Anna. The other characters are so forgettable that I don't even know their names! And don't even get me started on OLAF. He was MADE for being slapped on a Subway meal and to attract the kiddies to watch this film.

The Lego Movie, in short, is a hypocritical, over-political kids film to gets kids to remember that LEGO is still a thing and that they can still buy it. Its also to remind adults that LEGO is still a thing and that… wait what? It has this whole over-bearing message that you shouldn't follow society's rules and do what you wish… with LEGO. It says not to do what the government tells you to do, yet forces you to buy LEGO mini-figures of Emmet and the crew. I guess making a film about toys is pretty hard not to sell out on. It's confused on who it's target audience is too, it has all these bright and colourful characters yet also all these jokey self-references to LEGO from the past. Maybe it's trying so hard to cater for everyone that you get served a mixed up meal. Strip away all the LEGO and you get an incredibly cheesy, bland plot that doesn't even have any branching plots. Nope. The whole Wildstyle backstory lasted 5 minutes during the build-up to the end, which was sort-of interesting but luckily it didn't distract too much from the main story. I would give it extra points for looking so real - but CGI.

Both are horrible and you should definitely watch something else. Like Monster's University!
you should definitely watch something else. Like Monster's University!

I still like kids films, just not them two.

Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

too much flame.
close close.

Scrathygirl
Scratcher
92 posts

Hmmm well….
forever

say [Lego Movie and Frozen are..]
amazing
end

But I have to go with…
play sound [ Drumroll]
say [Lego Movie!]
forever

play sound [ Everything is Awesome]
end

Scrathygirl
Scratcher
92 posts

goldfish678 wrote:

So hard…

Alright, let's do this.

Frozen:

Pros:
Just the music, general plot, and everything have this kind of charm…
Cons:
It is just TOO popular. Seriously, people are still obsessing over it even though it's summer…
Has no moral; unless “Don't Set Off An Eternal Winter, Everyone Will Hate You, Though Haters Gonna Hate” counts as a moral

Lego Movie:

Pros:
Very, very creative
Actually has a moral
Pro/Cons:
Has bad jokes every 10 seconds. Fortunately, they're so bad they're good.
Cons:
Everything. Is. Awesome. That's the only thing that irritates me about this movie, everyone is obsessed with it, I can't get it out of my head….

Overall, after lots of pro/conning and some mental math, I choose Lego Movie.

Lol Just Saying Frozen does have a moral: Don't Shut yourself into a situation (Don't be Insecure,Let it goooo!) And Siblinghood No matter what happens There is that one person Who is always there for you and belives in you. (e.g Anna belived that Elsa could do it, and The end of course.)

Though….. I STILL GO LEGO MOVIE!

pixlecode
Scratcher
100+ posts

mathman314 wrote:

I have seen both The Lego Movie and Frozen, 2 extremely popular and good movies. But which is better? So far Lego movie is winning by three votes. Also, please explain why you like a certain movie better in as much detail as possible.

mathman314 wrote:

I have seen both The Lego Movie and Frozen, 2 extremely popular and good movies. But which is better? So far Lego movie is winning by three votes. Also, please explain why you like a certain movie better in as much detail as possible.
I like the Lego movie cause it has some funny twists and I like the characters!

Money and fame is just an object and a rank but friends, and family is what matters most please don't say different because if you do you are not true to yourself Do a good deed everyday ~ here to help pixlecode
pixlecode
Scratcher
100+ posts

NeilWest wrote:

luiysia wrote:

NeilWest wrote:

I still like kids films, just not them two.
I like the Lego movie!

Money and fame is just an object and a rank but friends, and family is what matters most please don't say different because if you do you are not true to yourself Do a good deed everyday ~ here to help pixlecode
robosnakejr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A movie can't be “better” or “worse”.
I like the lego movie more, but that shouldn't change how anyone else likes it or any other movie.

;
twiggy234
Scratcher
100+ posts

NeilWest wrote:

you are the greatest reviewer ever

SUSPENDED FOREVER
SemolinaPilchard
New to Scratch
86 posts

NeilWest wrote:

luiysia wrote:

NeilWest wrote:

If I went into writing a review of Monsters University with the mindset that it has no redeeming factors, I would make just as many legitimate points as yours up there.
Scrathygirl
Scratcher
92 posts

Yeah the ending did kinda ruin the story

waterglider
Scratcher
19 posts

The Lego Movie.
First of all, it has an original plot, the idea that it was actually made completely with stop motion, and the somewhat cheesy jokes makes it lively and interesting. Secondly it actually connects with me because I actually play with stuffed animals along with my sister, and have epic adventures on a similar scale.
Frozen is just pretty flat. I mean, seriously, if I was Anna, I would just break dumb ole Elsa's door down to see her. Both characters are kinda insecure (which I am not) and plus, they based it on The Snow Queen and they MUTILATED it. Seriously, I can rave for a half an hour about how Gerda is a much stronger character than those two Disney princesses put together.
So for Gerda's and my own sanity's sake, Lego.
Scrathygirl
Scratcher
92 posts

waterglider wrote:

The Lego Movie.
First of all, it has an original plot, the idea that it was actually made completely with stop motion, and the somewhat cheesy jokes makes it lively and interesting. Secondly it actually connects with me because I actually play with stuffed animals along with my sister, and have epic adventures on a similar scale.
Frozen is just pretty flat. I mean, seriously, if I was Anna, I would just break dumb ole Elsa's door down to see her. Both characters are kinda insecure (which I am not) and plus, they based it on The Snow Queen and they MUTILATED it. Seriously, I can rave for a half an hour about how Gerda is a much stronger character than those two Disney princesses put together.
Wow I Just realised I TOTALLY Agree that they are not as strong as Gerda…

SemolinaPilchard
New to Scratch
86 posts

waterglider wrote:

The Lego Movie.
1. The Lego Movie's plot was basically The Matrix 1984 Star Wars Whatever Else We Could Fit In There! This has been admitted by the directors.
2. It was CGI made in the style of Lego. Many of the things they do are impossible for stop motion. They were going more for “in a kid's mind” than “it's stop motion CGI!”

3. Insecure characters?! Something about man vs. self? That's an actual character type, and real life personality, etc. so it's not really a problem?
4. You might have a point about the Snow Queen. I've heard that a few times.

I'll say I did prefer The Lego Movie, but I just don't see these arguments against Frozen as legitimate.

Last edited by SemolinaPilchard (Aug. 8, 2014 15:13:47)

fivehead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

We may as well debate “Which is better, hockey tables or princesses??”