Discuss Scratch

101Corp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

xMysticalCoder wrote:

I can work on the cloud search engine using my cloud list, and also i have a test next week, and another one the week after, so I won't be as active, but i can scrap time to work on the search engine.
I am almost done with my engine

This signature is sponsored by RAID: Shadow Legends!
Get 3000 coins and a new fighter by entering the code 101CORP!


(plz don’t download it hurts my head)






101Corp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

Done
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/534207750/

This signature is sponsored by RAID: Shadow Legends!
Get 3000 coins and a new fighter by entering the code 101CORP!


(plz don’t download it hurts my head)






xMysticalCoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

101Corp wrote:

xMysticalCoder wrote:

I can work on the cloud search engine using my cloud list, and also i have a test next week, and another one the week after, so I won't be as active, but i can scrap time to work on the search engine.
I am almost done with my engine
oh ok

101Corp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

101Corp wrote:

Engine Done
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/534207750/
Bump post

This signature is sponsored by RAID: Shadow Legends!
Get 3000 coins and a new fighter by entering the code 101CORP!


(plz don’t download it hurts my head)






IGABMS
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

Codingland wrote:

-Sxnrise- wrote:

Name: -Sxnrise-
Position: Artist
Why I should choose you: I have been dedicated to art (vector, bitmap) for a long time. Although there are many better artists, it's been my dream to create a Scratch website, or a search engine on Scratch. I am not new to scratch, I've been on Scratch for 3+ years and created multiple cloud games (with tutorials), art dumps, and block shades. I've also started learning JS (animation, drawing). I started on Scratch Offline Editor. My oldest account was @TheNewGamer_Girl, then I moved to @Mysterious_Cookie which is my alt

EDIT: Omg, I'm sorry that I didn't see “applications closed”
No, It's fine. Could you make a browser window for scratchedia. Dark and light versions preferably. Also, if you want you can help with code

I thought I was making a browser window for scratchedia.
IGABMS
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

Why does everyone have so many tests? Also do you have to study for them? Isn't @xMysticalCoder in 5th grade?
101Corp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

IGABMS wrote:

Why does everyone have so many tests? Also do you have to study for them? Isn't @xMysticalCoder in 5th grade?
I am also in the fifth grade

This signature is sponsored by RAID: Shadow Legends!
Get 3000 coins and a new fighter by entering the code 101CORP!


(plz don’t download it hurts my head)






IGABMS
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

Yeah, but I thought 5th graders don't get lots of tests?
yooit_32
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

101Corp wrote:

IGABMS wrote:

Why does everyone have so many tests? Also do you have to study for them? Isn't @xMysticalCoder in 5th grade?
I am also in the fifth grade
Me too.

my goal wrote:

Ctrl+shift+down arrow for more!
The road to 1000 posts!
0 ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒1000
I MADE IT!

My profile wrote:

Highest message count: 44 IF4F❌| ads ❌| hate❌I
followers ✔| invites to stuff ✔| NEW! interviews✔|
Formula 1 fan.
11 yrs old.
alt:@nodeac1ous
pfp: me, finally!
Follow my IRL friend:@greenchokerrr

My sponsor wrote:

Credit to AI.

my forum clout wrote:

The question "What is a siggy/signature? wrote:

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts.

my siggy guard wrote:

 (☁ o_0) 
This is Samuel, my siggy protector.
Kumquats eaten: 11

AspectOS & Aspect Inc. wrote:



Join now!
Coming to AspectOS…

ASPECT ACCESS!
also it's clickable

volkzwagen wrote:

wvwVWVWvwv
vwvwVWVWVWVWvwvw
vwVWVW VWVWvw
vwVW /\ /\ VWvw
wVW \ \ / / VWv
wVW /\ \ \/ / /\ VWv
wVW / \ \__/ / \ VWv
wVW \_ \ __ / _/ VWv
wVW \_ \ / \ / _/ VWv
wVW \_ \/ \/ _/ VWv
wVW \_ /\ _/ VWv
wVWV \_ / \ _/ WVWv
vwVWV \_/ \_/ WVWvw
vwVWV WVWvw
vwVWVWVWVWVWVWvw
NILL_GAMES10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

101Corp wrote:

IGABMS wrote:

Why does everyone have so many tests? Also do you have to study for them? Isn't @xMysticalCoder in 5th grade?
I am also in the fifth grade
Im also in 5th grade
(although where i live its 5th class)

Last edited by NILL_GAMES10 (May 21, 2021 21:17:45)


I've moved accounts. Go to my new account here.
NILL_GAMES10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

IGABMS wrote:

Yeah, but I thought 5th graders don't get lots of tests?
Whenever my teacher says test we all die (evry friday)

Last edited by NILL_GAMES10 (May 21, 2021 21:18:11)


I've moved accounts. Go to my new account here.
GAMS2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

xouzouris wrote:

Real_WeBino wrote:

NILL_GAMES10 wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

IGABMS wrote:

IGABMS wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

IGABMS wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

A more detailed explanation:

There are four cloud variables: server_data, server_response?, client_data, and client_response?. When the server sends data, it sets server_data to the data it is sending. It also sets server_response? to 1. Meanwhile, the client (the people that are online) is constantly scanning for when server_response? equals 1. When it becomes 1, the client stores the data somewhere and sets server_response? to 0 so that it doesn't read the data multiple times. When the client sends data, the same thing happens, except it uses client_data and client_response?, and the server sets client_response? to 0 after reading the data in client_data.

Presumably, the server uses a list to store data like websites. The downsides are that there can only be 200,000 websites (Unless you are running it in turbowarp), that every website is lost when the server loses power, and that there is a limited amount of memory availible for websites (~1GB if using a Raspberry Pi 4 2GB).
First of all, I THOUGHT OF THE EXACT SAME THING O_O Second, I do have a raspberry pi.
Ha! That's funny! I also have an add-on to this idea: if you don't want Chromium running 24/7, you can package a standalone offline package using Turbowarp Packager, and have cloud variables set to “Turbowarp's Online Server”. And perhaps pester
-GarboMuffin- about adding cloud variables and locally stored variables to TurboWarp Desktop.
This is what I've been saying, except without another central computer.

This could be accomplished by having a data transfer variable and a request address
and the client is always checking for a request to its address and then sets the data transfer variable to the content.

Hmmm……….. Having the client host the website could be sketchy… When the client leaves the project or even his computer falls asleep, the website would be lost forever. So really, the client would need a raspberry pi running server mode as well, and preferably a separate account to run the server.

I forgot to quote your post so I had to do it manually
Wow! THat's a lot of work to quote it manually!

I believe that if we want it to be accessible, people shouldn't need a rasberry pi. This should also be easily copy-able (with credit, of course)

It's up to people to store it. Whenever someone leaves, it just frees up more space for other people and lessens the load Scratch has to deal with. My vote is that if you leave, your website is cleared.

And guys-quick reminder: this is the INTERNET IN SCRATCH- NOT the internet partially rooted in Scratch but also runs on a Node.js server and requires each user to have a $15 rasberry pu.

You know what, why don't we just write this in Python and make this peer-to-peer with 256-bit asymmetric encryption and a remote data backup in 5 remote countries and have 3 more backups in a safety deposit box in a fortress?

This doesn't have to be so complex!

I have repeatedly stated that we DO NOT NEED to leave Scratch for this, yet it still seems that everyone insists that we do!
The scratch cloud variables are just not good enough! They are slow and unreliable!
https://forms.gle/u4MeDkREDvx2AanE7

This colab has been going on since Christmas! AND IT HASN'T EVEN STARTED!

But anyway, if you want people to like it, I say put it in node.js and Visual Studio Code, and then sell it to GPlay apple store etc. (If it's a browser, I think it is )
No, I disagree about the collab not starting, it isn't like we've done nothing. We have made at least SOME progress.
WHAT DID I JUST SAY?!

My signature is too big, select the text and use Ctrl + Shift + Down arrow! (I am the actual GAMS2! Gonna impersonate me for AFD? Don't include this line of text!)


Have I stopped recording?

No?
Then how do I turn this off?
Press the red button?
Okay I am pr-

Latest project:My Middle School Be Like: (WARNING: LOW QAULITY!)

Check out my new RP: Cops and Robbers RP! Hope to see yall there!

GAMS2 wrote:

If life throws something at you, try your best to dodge it, if it hits you and you fall…. get back up and keep moving forward. Don't give up, and make it through to the end. (MY OWN QUOTE!)

Do people still read these?



Nah, probably not.
xMysticalCoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

uhh no im in 7th

yooit_32
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

GAMS2 wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

Real_WeBino wrote:

NILL_GAMES10 wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

IGABMS wrote:

IGABMS wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

IGABMS wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

A more detailed explanation:

There are four cloud variables: server_data, server_response?, client_data, and client_response?. When the server sends data, it sets server_data to the data it is sending. It also sets server_response? to 1. Meanwhile, the client (the people that are online) is constantly scanning for when server_response? equals 1. When it becomes 1, the client stores the data somewhere and sets server_response? to 0 so that it doesn't read the data multiple times. When the client sends data, the same thing happens, except it uses client_data and client_response?, and the server sets client_response? to 0 after reading the data in client_data.

Presumably, the server uses a list to store data like websites. The downsides are that there can only be 200,000 websites (Unless you are running it in turbowarp), that every website is lost when the server loses power, and that there is a limited amount of memory availible for websites (~1GB if using a Raspberry Pi 4 2GB).
First of all, I THOUGHT OF THE EXACT SAME THING O_O Second, I do have a raspberry pi.
Ha! That's funny! I also have an add-on to this idea: if you don't want Chromium running 24/7, you can package a standalone offline package using Turbowarp Packager, and have cloud variables set to “Turbowarp's Online Server”. And perhaps pester
-GarboMuffin- about adding cloud variables and locally stored variables to TurboWarp Desktop.
This is what I've been saying, except without another central computer.

This could be accomplished by having a data transfer variable and a request address
and the client is always checking for a request to its address and then sets the data transfer variable to the content.

Hmmm……….. Having the client host the website could be sketchy… When the client leaves the project or even his computer falls asleep, the website would be lost forever. So really, the client would need a raspberry pi running server mode as well, and preferably a separate account to run the server.

I forgot to quote your post so I had to do it manually
Wow! THat's a lot of work to quote it manually!

I believe that if we want it to be accessible, people shouldn't need a rasberry pi. This should also be easily copy-able (with credit, of course)

It's up to people to store it. Whenever someone leaves, it just frees up more space for other people and lessens the load Scratch has to deal with. My vote is that if you leave, your website is cleared.

And guys-quick reminder: this is the INTERNET IN SCRATCH- NOT the internet partially rooted in Scratch but also runs on a Node.js server and requires each user to have a $15 rasberry pu.

You know what, why don't we just write this in Python and make this peer-to-peer with 256-bit asymmetric encryption and a remote data backup in 5 remote countries and have 3 more backups in a safety deposit box in a fortress?

This doesn't have to be so complex!

I have repeatedly stated that we DO NOT NEED to leave Scratch for this, yet it still seems that everyone insists that we do!
The scratch cloud variables are just not good enough! They are slow and unreliable!
https://forms.gle/u4MeDkREDvx2AanE7

This colab has been going on since Christmas! AND IT HASN'T EVEN STARTED!

But anyway, if you want people to like it, I say put it in node.js and Visual Studio Code, and then sell it to GPlay apple store etc. (If it's a browser, I think it is )
No, I disagree about the collab not starting, it isn't like we've done nothing. We have made at least SOME progress.
WHAT DID I JUST SAY?!
The var. servers: Join the Cloudline collab:this is for the studio
this is for the forum

my goal wrote:

Ctrl+shift+down arrow for more!
The road to 1000 posts!
0 ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒1000
I MADE IT!

My profile wrote:

Highest message count: 44 IF4F❌| ads ❌| hate❌I
followers ✔| invites to stuff ✔| NEW! interviews✔|
Formula 1 fan.
11 yrs old.
alt:@nodeac1ous
pfp: me, finally!
Follow my IRL friend:@greenchokerrr

My sponsor wrote:

Credit to AI.

my forum clout wrote:

The question "What is a siggy/signature? wrote:

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts.

my siggy guard wrote:

 (☁ o_0) 
This is Samuel, my siggy protector.
Kumquats eaten: 11

AspectOS & Aspect Inc. wrote:



Join now!
Coming to AspectOS…

ASPECT ACCESS!
also it's clickable

volkzwagen wrote:

wvwVWVWvwv
vwvwVWVWVWVWvwvw
vwVWVW VWVWvw
vwVW /\ /\ VWvw
wVW \ \ / / VWv
wVW /\ \ \/ / /\ VWv
wVW / \ \__/ / \ VWv
wVW \_ \ __ / _/ VWv
wVW \_ \ / \ / _/ VWv
wVW \_ \/ \/ _/ VWv
wVW \_ /\ _/ VWv
wVWV \_ / \ _/ WVWv
vwVWV \_/ \_/ WVWvw
vwVWV WVWvw
vwVWVWVWVWVWVWvw
IGABMS
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

xMysticalCoder wrote:

uhh no im in 7th
Sorry
xouzouris
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

guys stop saying your ages online

>> Head of Scratchedia <<

Scratchedia is the recreation of the
internet, on Scratch, that's safe!

Random Stuff:
My little cousin asked me why we can't make and run a nuclear reactor at home…

Don't forget to keep on Scratchin'
xouzouris
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

Also, have we decided where we're going to host Scratchedia?

>> Head of Scratchedia <<

Scratchedia is the recreation of the
internet, on Scratch, that's safe!

Random Stuff:
My little cousin asked me why we can't make and run a nuclear reactor at home…

Don't forget to keep on Scratchin'
kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

xouzouris wrote:

Also, have we decided where we're going to host Scratchedia?
Right on scratch… I have an exceedingly simple cloud engine right here for you guys: (It works, I tested it)
Just Finished Cloud Engine

My siggy doesn't fit on ur screen! Select it and use CTRL (Or COMMAND if MAC) + SHIFT + DOWN to see the rest please.



when green flag clicked
forever
write code
repeat until <(bugs) = [0]>
test
fix bugs
end
release
end
Newest songs:
Hack Attack
Surrender
Deaf (NEW!)

What I am:
A proud BBcode user
Windows95 gamer on Windows XP tower,
Windows98 and below,
DOS,
8 bit guy,
Commodore 64,
Commodore- everything,
Z80,
IBM PC
and clones lover.
kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

Well… Not exceedingly simple… But easy to understand. And few blocks.

My siggy doesn't fit on ur screen! Select it and use CTRL (Or COMMAND if MAC) + SHIFT + DOWN to see the rest please.



when green flag clicked
forever
write code
repeat until <(bugs) = [0]>
test
fix bugs
end
release
end
Newest songs:
Hack Attack
Surrender
Deaf (NEW!)

What I am:
A proud BBcode user
Windows95 gamer on Windows XP tower,
Windows98 and below,
DOS,
8 bit guy,
Commodore 64,
Commodore- everything,
Z80,
IBM PC
and clones lover.
IGABMS
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

xouzouris wrote:

guys stop saying your ages online
Dude, there are at least 10 million 11 year olds on earth. It's not like they're going to find you because you said your age.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile