Discuss Scratch

Christophermc0324_2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Doctor Who Official Topic [SPOILERS]

vault-10 wrote:

does any one like the classic doctor who series 1963-1989?
I like the original series. The only problem is Netflix doesn't have enough classic episodes.

C-3PO: Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1. Han Solo: Never tell me the odds.
C-3PO: Artoo says that the chances of survival are 725 to 1. Actually Artoo has been known to make mistakes… from time to time…
-The Empire Strikes Back
Here is a tutorial on how to make your voice sound like GLaDOS
odieandcookie
Scratcher
100+ posts

Just wondering, but on average, how many doctor who episodes have you seen? I've seen 77. Not enough…

DreamGirl37
Scratcher
11 posts

I don't really know. I have watched quite a few
Christophermc0324_2
Scratcher
100+ posts

odieandcookie wrote:

Just wondering, but on average, how many doctor who episodes have you seen? I've seen 77. Not enough…
Too many. I have seen all of the new series, and a bunch of the old episodes. At least 8 for each doctor.

C-3PO: Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1. Han Solo: Never tell me the odds.
C-3PO: Artoo says that the chances of survival are 725 to 1. Actually Artoo has been known to make mistakes… from time to time…
-The Empire Strikes Back
iGolden
Scratcher
100+ posts

vault-10 wrote:

does any one like the classic doctor who series 1963-1989?
I do, it's good. The new series has built on it pretty well, too, though, I think.

ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
plastowl
Scratcher
54 posts

tom baker for the win bros
vault-10
Scratcher
100+ posts

plastowl wrote:

tom baker for the win bros
tom baker is probably my favourite doctor
plastowl
Scratcher
54 posts

hes funny
odieandcookie
Scratcher
100+ posts

Did anyone watch the New one? With the sleep-y-eye-sand? And that catchy tune?

Nether_before
Scratcher
1000+ posts

odieandcookie wrote:

Yep. The episode felt kinda unfinished to me, like there should've been more to it. It ends on a cliffhanger that can't be ignored and therefore feels like it needs to be continued. Of all the episodes this season, I'm surprised that the one that isn't a two-parter feels like it needs to be one the most.

~~If life gives you kumquats, lock your signature up, bury it in the ground and hope it's safe~~
hello child. i am an elf
odieandcookie
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nether_before wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

Yep. The episode felt kinda unfinished to me, like there should've been more to it. It ends on a cliffhanger that can't be ignored and therefore feels like it needs to be continued. Of all the episodes this season, I'm surprised that the one that isn't a two-parter feels like it needs to be one the most.
I know. I personally was a bit annoyed. It just didn't work. I hated the way the Doctor ran away in the end. I think the Zygon two-parter was the last two parter this season. (I looked it up!) But that episode just lacked… content.

Nether_before
Scratcher
1000+ posts

odieandcookie wrote:

Nether_before wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

I know. I personally was a bit annoyed. It just didn't work. I hated the way the Doctor ran away in the end. I think the Zygon two-parter was the last two parter this season. (I looked it up!) But that episode just lacked… content.
Yeah. The plot was very lacking and felt incomplete- it feels like someone's first attempt at a fanfic which they decided to quickly end halfway through because they couldn't be bothered finishing it. Nothing was explained, especially the new setting and anything that was explained happened through bad exposition. The concept of the sand-men made almost no sense even by DR Who standards. The doctor didn't stop or solve the issue and technically the bad guys have won. The worst part was the “camera” concept- I could believe there were head-cams and cameras everywhere, but the dust itself being the cameras made even less sense than the sand men themselves.

~~If life gives you kumquats, lock your signature up, bury it in the ground and hope it's safe~~
hello child. i am an elf
jellyjam456
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nether_before wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

Nether_before wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

Yeah. The plot was very lacking and felt incomplete- it feels like someone's first attempt at a fanfic which they decided to quickly end halfway through because they couldn't be bothered finishing it. Nothing was explained, especially the new setting and anything that was explained happened through bad exposition. The concept of the sand-men made almost no sense even by DR Who standards. The doctor didn't stop or solve the issue and technically the bad guys have won. The worst part was the “camera” concept- I could believe there were head-cams and cameras everywhere, but the dust itself being the cameras made even less sense than the sand men themselves.

You have all summed up my feelings for this episode! Cookies for all!

This episode may have been the worst by far this season. The “camera” thing felt more like a 1st-person shooter than a real episode to me (That really bugged me, since near the end I wasn't sure if this was a video game or not anymore), and the whole thing was messy. And why is the sand the cameras? Sand isn't electronic, it isn't even living. And science proves that you see with your eyes. Bad call, writers.

At first I was thinking, “Oh! They're in orbit! Maybe this will be an awesome episode like 42 or The Girl in the Fireplace or something!” But it was far, far worse.

The Doctor didn't solve the issue, or even explain anything, What are the dust creatures? How do they take over people? None of this is given any thought and therefore everything is very confusing for me. And why didn't he solve the problem? There really is no good reason. He just gets on his TARDIS and leaves. This isn't justified, like leaving Rose in the parallel Earth of leaving Amy and Rory back in time. It drives me insane, since the Doctor never gives up. He may have done so in The Stolen Earth/Journey's End, which is really the only episode where he does leave, but he quickly gets back to work. It really bugs me that the Doctor didn't save the day here.

Also, how did they think that the sandmen would get back to Earth? They're in orbit around Neptune, which is many, many miles away. The ship would probably be out of fuel by the time they get to Mars. Where would they get the extra fuel? Does it just float around in space now because it can? This feels like Fanfiction. Nothing is explained!

The sand men are really a bad idea. How does one begin to take over the world when they can be blown away by the smallest breeze? What were they going to do? You can't stop wind, it's a natural thing. The sand men are in hot water as a villain if they can be blown away into little grains. ANd they don't say anything like, “Oh, well, they can reconstruct themselves,” so I'm left to believe that when they blow away, they're gone. If they ever tried to rule the world, the military would only need to get out a series of fans.

This episode was awful, and I hated the cliffhanger. One rule in writing is that a cliffhanger is used to make the audience anxious about what happens next (that is why so many books are hard to put down). You shouldn't give a cliffhanger at the end of an episode that is not a two parter. This is the one episode that needs a second part.

And finally, what about Clara? She went into the machine, and so she has the sand thing, right? What happened to her? Was she saved? How? Is she slowly turning into a sand man? Nobody knows. Also, the thing about the machine being sentient was making me go even crazier. Sentience is being able to think and feel things. Machines don't have feelings, so unless this is some kind of Cyber-Computer without the Emotion Inhibitor, there is no way I can think of this machine as alive. Maybe it has Artificial Intelligence, but even that's a bit of a stretch.
odieandcookie
Scratcher
100+ posts

jellyjam456 wrote:

Nether_before wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

Nether_before wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

Cookies for all!

-Snip-
Oh, yay! Cookies! XD
I totally agree with everything. And I didn't like the whole idea of the episode being someone doing a video. It was annoying. But I think it was a guest writer. Not so sure. If it was Moffat, then I wont be happy. Even though I hated two-parters, that one made me really angry that it wasn't… The episode was plain annoying. I lost interest in it quickly, and turned to my tablet. And that's saying something.

Nether_before
Scratcher
1000+ posts

odieandcookie wrote:

But I think it was a guest writer. Not so sure. If it was Moffat, then I wont be happy.
It was one of the writers for Sherlock I think.

hello child. i am an elf
odieandcookie
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nether_before wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

But I think it was a guest writer. Not so sure. If it was Moffat, then I wont be happy.
Then it's Moffat. He writes Sherlock.

technoboy10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

odieandcookie wrote:

Nether_before wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

Mark Gatiss wrote Sleep No More. He and Steven Moffat both write for Sherlock.

trans rights are human rights
odieandcookie
Scratcher
100+ posts

technoboy10 wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

Nether_before wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

Awww… I really didnt like Marks story.

Christophermc0324_2
Scratcher
100+ posts

odieandcookie wrote:

technoboy10 wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

Nether_before wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

Awww… I really didnt like Marks story.
Maybe he was having a writer's block and couldn't think of a good episode idea.

-The Empire Strikes Back
SilverLion369
Scratcher
11 posts

T

DreamGirl37 wrote:

Cool. Is the 4th your favorite out of the classic doctors?
The war Doctor?

“I'm not random. I just think fast.” “Don't fight me, fight my sarcasm.”
───────────────███───────────────
─────────────██▀─▀██─────────────
───────────██▀─────▀██───────────
─────────██▀──▄▄▄▄▄──▀██─────────
───────██▀──▄▀─────▀▄──▀██───────
─────██▀──▄▀───███───▀▄──▀██─────
───██▀────▀▄───▀▀▀───▄▀────▀██───
─██▀────────▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀────────▀██─
█▀─────────────────────────────▀█
█████████████████████████████████