Discuss Scratch

Sarcastic_Stoat
Scratcher
500+ posts

Doctor Who Official Topic [SPOILERS]

powercon5 wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

The Doctor has always taken the form of a human, caucasian, male, with a British accent.
It's a little refreshing to see one of those things change.

Still gonna be weird to speak of The Doctor with female pronouns.
It's terrible. When are we going to get equality. When are we going to get a non humanoid doctor. I want a dalek doctor.

I know, It's ridiculous that they hired another human! What about a cat Doctor?!

Last edited by Sarcastic_Stoat (July 17, 2017 07:35:26)

Hiya! I'm a Scratcher with a weird stoat obsession, and I love to draw and animate stoats
Check out the new AMV I made!

Sarcastic_Stoat
Scratcher
500+ posts

the__ninja wrote:

Some are like, “Female Doctor? About time!”
Others are like, “Female Doctor? I'm not watching anymore!”
I'm like, “Female Doctor? Huh. I guess it was gonna happen sooner or later…”
The people who have said they're going to stop watching are really annoying. You haven't seen her in any episodes yet! Give her a chance!

It's like how people instantly dismissed Capaldi because he's“too old”, but then he turned out to be brilliant! I didn't like him much at first, but then gave him a chance and now he's my favourite Doctor.

Hiya! I'm a Scratcher with a weird stoat obsession, and I love to draw and animate stoats

the__ninja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sarcastic_Stoat wrote:

The people who have said they're going to stop watching are really annoying. You haven't seen her in any episodes yet! Give her a chance!

It's like how people instantly dismissed Capaldi because he's“too old”, but then he turned out to be brilliant! I didn't like him much at first, but then gave him a chance and now he's my favourite Doctor.
The difference being that in Classic Who, the Doctor was originally played by old guys, while the mere concept of Time Lords regenning into Time Ladies was introduced by Moffat.
I personally think that, while some of the #NotMyDoctor people may have a point, a female Doctor makes much more sense than, say, female Thor.

Last edited by the__ninja (July 17, 2017 19:24:10)

The classics never go out of style. This is mainly due to the fact that they are already out of style, and have been for a while now, and thus can't “go out” of style. That said, the reason they're classics and not obscurities from the past is because they're good despite being “out of style”.

GENERATION -705 - 991i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.
Tokicastle123
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sarcastic_Stoat wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

this

I would do an image but its imgur so I cant do a direct link and show it in browser, sorry

see: when baked beans go too far enough: the clorif norp stortpb.
duperman100
Scratcher
22 posts

Tokicastle123 wrote:

Sarcastic_Stoat wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

this

I would do an image but its imgur so I cant do a direct link and show it in browser, sorry
That is so accurate. Emoji Version:
<- Regeneration

duperman100
Scratcher
22 posts

Tokicastle123 wrote:

Sarcastic_Stoat wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

this

That is so accurate. Emoji Version:
<- Regeneration <-
<-
l l
-> ->
DoctorWho7739
Scratcher
33 posts

PrincessTS wrote:

I am so happy the 13th is a woman .
PLEASE NO… I CANT WAIT UNTIL CHRISTMAS???

——————
edit
Yes, in my Day of The Doctor DVD there is a short extra clip. I'm pretty sure the doctor says something about being a warrior and not a doctor.

Do you remember me? I did not know that you were a whovian!? Though not as much as me…
DoctorWho7739
Scratcher
33 posts

powercon5 wrote:

DoctorWho7739 wrote:

Why is everyone calling her the 13th Doctor? Hello? Did everyone forget the war Doctor?
Same reason why peter capaldi is 12. When he became the war doctor he gave up the name of the doctor. He stopped being what it means to be the doctor. He wasn't the doctor.

I also would have been more shocked if the new doctor was male, the amount of foreshadowing in the latest episode. I just hope it's not too forced.

That is true, but that still counts as a regeneration. So she is actually 14.
duperman100
Scratcher
22 posts

DoctorWho7739 wrote:

powercon5 wrote:

DoctorWho7739 wrote:

Why is everyone calling her the 13th Doctor? Hello? Did everyone forget the war Doctor?
Same reason why peter capaldi is 12. When he became the war doctor he gave up the name of the doctor. He stopped being what it means to be the doctor. He wasn't the doctor.

I also would have been more shocked if the new doctor was male, the amount of foreshadowing in the latest episode. I just hope it's not too forced.

David Tennant regenerated twice, 1 of those regenerations he kept the same face. So She might be the 14th doctor(or 13th) this is the 14th time the doctor regenerated. So David Tennant is the 10th & 11th doctor not counting the War Doctor.
powercon5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DoctorWho7739 wrote:

powercon5 wrote:

DoctorWho7739 wrote:

Yes regeneration. The 14 incarnation of that being but not the 14th doctor. They have only been the “doctor” 13 times.

Witty signature.

the__ninja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

They just call Whittaker the 13th Doctor so as to keep the numbering scheme which didn't account for the War Doctor, because he wasn't created until Eccleston refused to appear in The Day of the Doctor.

The classics never go out of style. This is mainly due to the fact that they are already out of style, and have been for a while now, and thus can't “go out” of style. That said, the reason they're classics and not obscurities from the past is because they're good despite being “out of style”.

GENERATION -705 - 991i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.
PrincessTS
Scratcher
500+ posts

DoctorWho7739 wrote:

PrincessTS wrote:

I am so happy the 13th is a woman .
PLEASE NO… I CANT WAIT UNTIL CHRISTMAS???

——————
edit
Yes, in my Day of The Doctor DVD there is a short extra clip. I'm pretty sure the doctor says something about being a warrior and not a doctor.

Do you remember me? I did not know that you were a whovian!? Though not as much as me…
1. I remember you… you commented on my Scratch quiz.
2. Well you know now
3. Yep not as much as you…
55fingers
Scratcher
24 posts

I just watched “World Enough and Time” and “The Doctor Falls” and I think it broke me .-.

It's so weird but I think I ship the Master and Missy. How that's possible? I don't know. Only a show like Doctor Who could have you shipping the same character with themselves.

Doctor Who is my life
TDR-Games
Scratcher
100+ posts

Why are people still talking about the same stuff

–Banners Above
–move selected to top

PrincessTS
Scratcher
500+ posts

55fingers wrote:

I just watched “World Enough and Time” and “The Doctor Falls” and I think it broke me .-.

It's so weird but I think I ship the Master and Missy. How that's possible? I don't know. Only a show like Doctor Who could have you shipping the same character with themselves.

They would go well together.

TDR-Games wrote:

Why are people still talking about the same stuff

Because the same stuff is interesting
Sarcastic_Stoat
Scratcher
500+ posts

55fingers wrote:

Honestly same

Seam49
Scratcher
500+ posts

I really like the new doctor who logo, it's just so flash and shiny.
DOCTOR WHO

Tea. Chocolate.
Seam49
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sarcastic_Stoat wrote:

raspykoo wrote:

Sarcastic_Stoat wrote:

raspykoo wrote:

FNAFpresents wrote:

RIP clara

She's actually not dead- well, technically she is but she's with Ashildr now.
Am I the only one who kind of ships Clara and Ashildr? ;3

I do but it's more of a friendSHIP (platonic ship) to me.
I kind of wish they'd made a spin-off series with those two. That would've been awesome.
Yeah I wish they do that, it was good in twice apron a time though

Tea. Chocolate.
Seam49
Scratcher
500+ posts

TDR-Games wrote:

Just watched the last episode, “Oxygen”. It was pretty good
That Is My Favorite Episode of all doctor who!!!

Tea. Chocolate.
Seam49
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ur, bump, nobody is posting anything

Tea. Chocolate.