Discuss Scratch

odieandcookie
Scratcher
100+ posts

Doctor Who Official Topic [SPOILERS]

plastowl wrote:

yeah capaldi is like the classic dark doctor.
and OMG if they replaced the tardis, that would be the worst thing ever.
i think missy is one of my fave characters she is so …I don't know… she's really sneaky and stuff, i guess, and its great how she has that ‘kind of’ relationship with the doctor- she's on his side for 10 mins, then she locks clara inside a dalek! i mean, yeah, she's cool and everything, and i will miss her when she goes. peter is quite a good doctor but was better in season 8.
I can't wait for the sonic screwdriver to come back. Maybe River will still have hers, and gives it to the doctor? That would be cool. But I wonder how she escapes the library!

vault-10
Scratcher
100+ posts

plastowl wrote:

yeah capaldi is like the classic dark doctor.
and OMG if they replaced the tardis, that would be the worst thing ever.
i think missy is one of my fave characters she is so …I don't know… she's really sneaky and stuff, i guess, and its great how she has that ‘kind of’ relationship with the doctor- she's on his side for 10 mins, then she locks clara inside a dalek! i mean, yeah, she's cool and everything, and i will miss her when she goes. peter is quite a good doctor but was better in season 8.
I agree he was better in season 8 but I dislike missy
plastowl
Scratcher
54 posts

@vault-10 , i have to say, missy is the best,
and yeah, i don't like the 2-part episodes that much.
odieandcookie
Scratcher
100+ posts

I really hate cliffhangers! This is sooo annoying!!!

jellyjam456
Scratcher
100+ posts

odieandcookie wrote:

Spoilers ahead!

Trying to analyse season 9 to pick out the good and the bad is pretty hard, especially with the cliffhangers. Maybe one of the problems is hype? If they give us enough two-parters, they're going to give us too much hype. I personally am fine with single, stand alone episodes, and I usually like them more than the two-parters. Take the Girl Who Died/Woman Who Lived episode, for example. That would have worked fine as two stand-alone episodes, as they really don't have any similarity other than Maizie Williams. But they didn't do that, they made it a two-parter. No Vikings, no Clara, just a new plot with Maizie in it. And that kind of disappoints me for a number of reasons. For example, when does the Doctor decide to visit her? We all assume that he came right after the last episode, but Clara could be dead for all we know (The Zygon Invasion, anyone?), and would kind of explain the Doctor's sudden decision (Hey, she's a hybrid , I'll go hang out with her while I get over Clara). I don't know, I was hyped beyond belief, and not much tied into The Girl Who Died.

Though sometimes, these can be done incredibly well. The Magician's Apprentice/Witches Familiar was hilarious, suspenseful, and hyped beyond belief, and most of it paid off. We get to see Missy again (Totally still shipping her with 12), Davros returns (He's a sight for sore eyes; we haven't seen him since Tennant's run), and the shocking similarities between Oswin Oswald and Clara Oswald are shown once more (perhaps Clara will be turned into a Dalek for her tragic good-bye).

While cliffhangers are obnoxious, they can be done really well. We'll see how the next episode of the Zygon Invasion pays off!

Last edited by jellyjam456 (Nov. 6, 2015 21:43:47)

odieandcookie
Scratcher
100+ posts

jellyjam456 wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

Spoilers ahead!

Trying to analyse season 9 to pick out the good and the bad is pretty hard, especially with the cliffhangers. Maybe one of the problems is hype? If they give us enough two-parters, they're going to give us too much hype. I personally am fine with single, stand alone episodes, and I usually like them more than the two-parters. Take the Girl Who Died/Woman Who Lived episode, for example. That would have worked fine as two stand-alone episodes, as they really don't have any similarity other than Maizie Williams. But they didn't do that, they made it a two-parter. No Vikings, no Clara, just a new plot with Maizie in it. And that kind of disappoints me for a number of reasons. For example, when does the Doctor decide to visit her? We all assume that he came right after the last episode, but Clara could be dead for all we know (The Zygon Invasion, anyone?), and would kind of explain the Doctor's sudden decision (Hey, she's a hybrid , I'll go hang out with her while I get over Clara). I don't know, I was hyped beyond belief, and not much tied into The Girl Who Died.

Though sometimes, these can be done incredibly well. The Magician's Apprentice/Witches Familiar was hilarious, suspenseful, and hyped beyond belief, and most of it paid off. We get to see Missy again (Totally still shipping her with 12), Davros returns (He's a sight for sore eyes; we haven't seen him since Tennant's run), and the shocking similarities between Oswin Oswald and Clara Oswald are shown once more (perhaps Clara will be turned into a Dalek for her tragic good-bye).

While cliffhangers are obnoxious, they can be done really well. We'll see how the next episode of the Zygon Invasion pays off!

I agree. I just am not a big fan of cliffhangers, because you have to wait a week to see the next bit!!! The ghost one was the most annoying, cause I got worried all week, and started having ghosts in my dreams! Not too good. And as well as that, usually, they are just plain annoying!

jellyjam456
Scratcher
100+ posts

odieandcookie wrote:

jellyjam456 wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

Spoilers ahead!

I agree. I just am not a big fan of cliffhangers, because you have to wait a week to see the next bit!!! The ghost one was the most annoying, cause I got worried all week, and started having ghosts in my dreams! Not too good. And as well as that, usually, they are just plain annoying!

You did, too?

Agreed, I'm really annoyed by this flow of constant two-parters. This season needs some stand alone episodes, as those are usually the best and nobody gets too upset with them.
iGolden
Scratcher
100+ posts

jellyjam456 wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

jellyjam456 wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

Spoilers ahead!

You did, too?

Agreed, I'm really annoyed by this flow of constant two-parters. This season needs some stand alone episodes, as those are usually the best and nobody gets too upset with them.

I agree with all of this. Honestly, all the two-parters get annoying. I feel like if we're gonna have a 2-parter centric season, then just have at most 6 (total, 3 entire 2-parters but 6 individual eps) episodes be 2 parters.

ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
jellyjam456
Scratcher
100+ posts

iGolden wrote:

jellyjam456 wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

jellyjam456 wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

Spoilers ahead!

You did, too?

I agree with all of this. Honestly, all the two-parters get annoying. I feel like if we're gonna have a 2-parter centric season, then just have at most 6 (total, 3 entire 2-parters but 6 individual eps) episodes be 2 parters.

Yeah, I don't know what the writers are thinking.

This is not 1990.

I don't like every episode being a two-parter.

6 is a good number, too. Although most seasons have 2-4, 6 is a nice number for a season of two-parters. Unfortunately, it looks as though everything's a two-parter this season, and they'll end it with a three-parter like they did for season 3 (Utopia/Last of the Time Lords/Sound of Drums).
odieandcookie
Scratcher
100+ posts

jellyjam456 wrote:

iGolden wrote:

jellyjam456 wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

jellyjam456 wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

Spoilers ahead!

You did, too?

This is not 1990.

6 is a good number, too. Although most seasons have 2-4, 6 is a nice number for a season of two-parters. Unfortunately, it looks as though everything's a two-parter this season, and they'll end it with a three-parter like they did for season 3 (Utopia/Last of the Time Lords/Sound of Drums).
The Zygon two-parter better be the last. The Dalek one should have been left as a two-parter, and the ghost one later on in the series. And does the Zygon one have to be a two-parter? Couldn't it just be for the season finally? And yes, the Masie Williams could have been at two completely different parts of the series. This is soo annoying, though. 4 two parters? At this rate, I think everything might be two-parters!!!

SilverLion369
Scratcher
11 posts

vault-10 wrote:

Nether_before wrote:

vault-10 wrote:

defiantly a better title

vault-10 wrote:

this series has been quite poor I dislike the guitar playing (failed attempted to act cool)
and sonic glasses (what's wrong with a sonic screwdriver?)
overall series score 3/10
I have to agree that the guitar playing and sonic glasses were a bad decision- the sonic screwdriver has been one of the main symbols throughout the series and they've just gotten rid of it.
the 12th doctor is deftly one of the worst doctors I tell you the series viewing started to go down just like this in 1989 when dr who was cancelled
and I think if they keep the guitar and sonic glasses that might happen again…..
However the 11th doctor is amazing.

“I'm not random. I just think fast.” “Don't fight me, fight my sarcasm.”
───────────────███───────────────
─────────────██▀─▀██─────────────
───────────██▀─────▀██───────────
─────────██▀──▄▄▄▄▄──▀██─────────
───────██▀──▄▀─────▀▄──▀██───────
─────██▀──▄▀───███───▀▄──▀██─────
───██▀────▀▄───▀▀▀───▄▀────▀██───
─██▀────────▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀────────▀██─
█▀─────────────────────────────▀█
█████████████████████████████████
─────────────────────────────────
▀─█─█─█──█─█▀▄▀█─█─█▄─█─█▀█─▀█▀─█
█─█─█─█──█─█─▀─█─█─█▀██─█▄█──█──█
▀─▀─▀─▀▀▀▀─▀───▀─▀─▀──▀─▀─▀──▀──▀
lillycat1000
Scratcher
13 posts

Hey guys! don't mind me, i shall just leap strait into this fanclub because doctor who is like my life at the moment

odieandcookie
Scratcher
100+ posts

lillycat1000 wrote:

Hey guys! don't mind me, i shall just leap strait into this fanclub because doctor who is like my life at the moment
Same! I want a sonic screwdriver for Christmas! Its on my list!

lillycat1000
Scratcher
13 posts

odieandcookie wrote:

lillycat1000 wrote:

Same! I want a sonic screwdriver for Christmas! Its on my list!
Ahhh same here omg! i want one so bad so i can go around looking stupid and trying to mess with my T.V. all day. i also wand a fez. fezzes are cool

iGolden
Scratcher
100+ posts

odieandcookie wrote:

jellyjam456 wrote:

iGolden wrote:

jellyjam456 wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

jellyjam456 wrote:

odieandcookie wrote:

Spoilers ahead!

You did, too?

This is not 1990.

The Zygon two-parter better be the last. The Dalek one should have been left as a two-parter, and the ghost one later on in the series. And does the Zygon one have to be a two-parter? Couldn't it just be for the season finally? And yes, the Masie Williams could have been at two completely different parts of the series. This is soo annoying, though. 4 two parters? At this rate, I think everything might be two-parters!!!

I know that the series finale will be a two-parter. Urgh, I hope it's just singular episodes from now til then…

ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
jellyjam456
Scratcher
100+ posts

lillycat1000 wrote:

Ikr? It takes up about 75% of my life at the moment. Either way, It's truly worth that 75%!
lillycat1000
Scratcher
13 posts

jellyjam456 wrote:

lillycat1000 wrote:

Ikr? It takes up about 75% of my life at the moment. Either way, It's truly worth that 75%!
Yeah i feel ya- totally worth it. its absolutely amazing. i'm actually in a painting class and am going to paint the tardis and hang it on my wall to praise forever

jellyjam456
Scratcher
100+ posts

lillycat1000 wrote:

jellyjam456 wrote:

lillycat1000 wrote:

Yeah i feel ya- totally worth it. its absolutely amazing. i'm actually in a painting class and am going to paint the tardis and hang it on my wall to praise forever

Nice! I bet that it'll look amazing when it's done! The Tardis is one of my favorite characters/items (I don't know what to call her anymore, since The Doctor's Wife made her a person). The other day when a teacher asked the class to write down our fears, I filled in a list with things like Weeping Angels and Vashta Nerada.
lillycat1000
Scratcher
13 posts

jellyjam456 wrote:

lillycat1000 wrote:

jellyjam456 wrote:

lillycat1000 wrote:

Nice! I bet that it'll look amazing when it's done! The Tardis is one of my favorite characters/items (I don't know what to call her anymore, since The Doctor's Wife made her a person). The other day when a teacher asked the class to write down our fears, I filled in a list with things like Weeping Angels and Vashta Nerada.
Aha yeah. i write bad wolf and draw the tardis on all my tests and my teachers don't seam to mind- it's great

plastowl
Scratcher
54 posts

does anyone know… is missy coming back again? in season 9?