Discuss Scratch

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

PrincessPandaLover wrote:

Any mining tips? I have two mining caves set up (one has a skelly I need to dispose of), and I'm scared.
I mainly just strip mine at y=11, 2x1 with branches every two blocks to get the maximum amount of visible coverage with ores for the least amount of mining

Last edited by CatsUnited (Dec. 16, 2019 09:26:58)

bottom text
jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

CatsUnited wrote:

Any mining tips? I have two mining caves set up (one has a skelly I need to dispose of), and I'm scared.
I mainly just strip mine at y=11, 2x1 with branches every two blocks to get the maximum amount of visible coverage with ores for the least amount of mining
Making a strip every 3 blocks is actually slightly more efficient since ores almost always spawn in a 2x2 pattern. It doesn't matter much in the long run, but it can be useful early in game when resources are tight.

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!
hehehe!Mytiptopsecrettopicidentifier!ahjdgggfhjadggahjsahasgdjfsdjfga

Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

I just realized I've been really stupid on my tablet's Bedrock Edition. For a really long time, I've been wondering why my chunks were rendering so slow and then I looked at my Rendering Distance tab yesterday and it was excruciatingly low. Not even kidding. :P

Hey there! My name is Nammy. I'm a male Forum Helper and Scratch Wiki Editor.
Profile | Test Account | Talk with me here! | Griffpatch is quitting Scratch?!
micro_bitty
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

i did something stupid and you can do it too with a lot of steps
1. open 1.15
2. place honeycombs, honeyblocks, composters and pandas
3. open beta 1.3 (if you dont have it you can install it if you have java edition)
4. open that world
5. wait until you suffocate in cobblestone
6. open 1.15 and see it as normal
7. open 1.7.9 or some other installation with creative before 1.14
8. admire the particles then float up
9. get stuck in stone
10. visit that world in 1.15
11. break your brain

Carl Sagan wrote:

To create an apple script in Scratch, you must first invent the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Scratcher since 2018 ¦ Professional memer ¦ Check out my projects!
Dragonlord767
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

jromagnoli wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

Making a strip every 3 blocks is actually slightly more efficient since ores almost always spawn in a 2x2 pattern. It doesn't matter much in the long run, but it can be useful early in game when resources are tight.
Also, force yourself into a 1 block high space on y=12, mining in a 1 Bloch high space has a 1:5 blocks mined to exposed ratio, versus the 1:4 of 2 block high shafts.

no signature plz
ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

Hey, I think I just got my Firewall to allow Java through, so I can play Minecraft Multiplayer now, I think.
Does anybody have a multiplayer Java Edition server on here that I can join?

MIITOPIA FOR SWITCH WAHOO
Welcome! This is my forum signature!

<<Favorite game?> Kinda hard to decide, maybe Smash Ultimate, maybe Mario Super Sluggers, etc.>
<<How active are you?> Forums and comments are pretty high, but the rate that projects get shared is low for now.>
<<How finished is this signature?> As you can tell, I'm kinda running out of ideas *And space!*. I'll add more later.>

Piglin D A N C E

Quagsire
CakeandBott
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

Dragonlord767 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

Opinion: if you want to choose an objective “game of the decade”, then Minecraft is the obvious choice because it's a solid game in its own right and it's had an undeniably massive impact on the gaming industry as a whole
And it is the second bestselling video game of all time, which it accomplished in just over a decade.
Actually it surpassed Tetris and is now the #1 bestselling game

h
M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

Dragonlord767 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

Opinion: if you want to choose an objective “game of the decade”, then Minecraft is the obvious choice because it's a solid game in its own right and it's had an undeniably massive impact on the gaming industry as a whole
And it is the second bestselling video game of all time, which it accomplished in just over a decade.
What is the number one bestselling game?

Behold, Luna's Mimikyu army!! It got killed for a moment by an evil Lord Dome, but Lord Helix brought them back!!

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

M1mikyu wrote:

Dragonlord767 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

Minecraft is currently the best selling video game of all time from what I've seen, with over 175 million units sold, with Tetris being second.
Keep in mind that this isn't including the number of users of Minecraft China (which I'm not sure as to if that's free or not), in which case that number increases to about half a billion units.

bottom text
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

CakeandBott wrote:

Dragonlord767 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

I don't like whenever people say “Tetris is the #1 best selling game!!!” because usually they're saying that the entire Tetris franchise all counts as one game

And all the world over, each nation's the same,
They've simply no notion of playing the game.
They argue with umpires, they cheer when they've won,
And they practice beforehand, which ruins the fun!
Dragonlord767
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

DaEpikDude wrote:

CakeandBott wrote:

Dragonlord767 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

I don't like whenever people say “Tetris is the #1 best selling game!!!” because usually they're saying that the entire Tetris franchise all counts as one game
It did take it? My source must have been old.

no signature plz
DylanBlocks
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

CatsUnited wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

Dragonlord767 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

Minecraft is currently the best selling video game of all time from what I've seen, with over 175 million units sold, with Tetris being second.
Keep in mind that this isn't including the number of users of Minecraft China (which I'm not sure as to if that's free or not), in which case that number increases to about half a billion units.
Minecraft China is free.

I need IPTV
-ShinyRock-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

I started making a mod that adds an ice dimension and here's an iceopod and a snowmad.

i'm @shiny– now :v
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

-ShinyRock- wrote:

I started making a mod that adds an ice dimension and here's an iceopod and a snowmad.
-image-
-image-
What else do you plan to add to it and when do you think you'll be able to give a download link for this?

bottom text
-ShinyRock-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

CatsUnited wrote:

-ShinyRock- wrote:

-image-
-image-
What else do you plan to add to it and when do you think you'll be able to give a download link for this?
I plan to add custom grass and dirt blocks, some ores, a few more mobs and biomes, and possibly a boss. I can't really say for sure when a link will be ready, though.

i'm @shiny– now :v
DylanBlocks
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

-ShinyRock- wrote:

Im making a mod too

I need IPTV
cookielw2
Scratcher
8 posts

Minecraft Official Topic

i love minecraft
when green flag clicked
play sound [ MINECRAFT RULES]
MontyDoggo
Scratcher
500+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

-ShinyRock- wrote:

iceopod hours

just vibin' here
#WakkoApocalypse

Want to see the (good) stuff from me? Check out this studio
PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

Has anyone fell into a deep water pit and struggled to get out? I've done so twice, and it's frightening, especially in the night, when I can't see and be trapped! When I run out of air bubbles, I can hear the Sonic drowning theme…

Last edited by PrincessPandaLover (Dec. 23, 2019 04:53:35)