ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Super Mario Maker 2 Topic

dude341 wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

dude341 wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Also, modding has now put one of the SM3DW enemies into other styles.
Nice.
You clearly don't understand how great this is. You know what this means? ACTUAL content mods for SMM2!

SMM1 had mods but they were either texture packs or stuff like “make Mario's hitbox small”. This is on a whole new level.
Yeah, but you have to replace some of the already existing content to get new content.
Did you watch the video? He said it's a temporary solution. If it's possible to completely code in new enemies (this wasn't just the 3DW enemies placed in the other styles as that style runs on another engine), making a new item slot should also be possible.
I wonder if we'll get ON/OFF blocks for 3D World through modding, but it is extremely awesome. Also, I don't think the fire and propeller suits models are hard-coded anymore, so unlike the SMM1 Luigi mod, we'll be able to mod the characters NSMBU propeller and fire flower models, which is awesome.
(Seen in this video.)

Last edited by ScratchCatBoo (July 15, 2019 22:52:49)

MIITOPIA FOR SWITCH WAHOO
Welcome! This is my forum signature!

<<Favorite game?> Kinda hard to decide, maybe Smash Ultimate, maybe Mario Super Sluggers, etc.>
<<How active are you?> Forums and comments are pretty high, but the rate that projects get shared is low for now.>
<<How finished is this signature?> As you can tell, I'm kinda running out of ideas *And space!*. I'll add more later.>

Piglin D A N C E

Quagsire
Dan-The-Squid
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I’m working on a whole game in Super Mario Maker 2! It’s called New Super Luigi World. It will mostly use the NSMBU style, but it will also use SM3DW style a few times. While most “whole games” in Mario Maker have eight worlds with four levels each (taking up all 32 upload slots), I’m doing mine differently. There will be five worlds with five levels each (with the last level of each being a castle level) plus four mini-worlds.
World 1: Pleasant Plains (Ground theme)
World 2: Simmering Sands (Desert theme)
World 3: Chilled Hills (Snow theme)
World 4: Forgotten Forest (Forest theme)
World 5: Final Fortress (SM3DW Airship/Circus theme)
World 6: Grand Finale (Castle theme, only one level)
World S: Starry Sky (Sky theme at night, only three levels)
World ♪: Grander Finale (Castle theme, only one level)
World ?: Intermission Airship (Airship theme, two levels; one after World 2, one after World 4)

All these add up to 32 levels.

(Also, playing as Mario is not allowed except when playing multiplayer)

Last edited by Dan-The-Squid (July 16, 2019 06:16:34)

Leaving bye
clawthirtythree
Scratcher
100+ posts

Dan-The-Squid wrote:

I’m working on a whole game in Super Mario Maker 2! It’s called New Super Luigi World. It will mostly use the NSMBU style, but it will also use SM3DW style a few times. While most “whole games” in Mario Maker have eight worlds with four levels each (taking up all 32 upload slots), I’m doing mine differently. There will be five worlds with five levels each (with the last level of each being a castle level) plus four mini-worlds.
World ?: Intermission Airship (Airship theme, two levels; one after World 2, one after World 4)

But what if I want to play as toad

Out of all sites, Scratch is clearly the
the
the best site to go on.
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

clawthirtythree wrote:

Dan-The-Squid wrote:

But what if I want to play as toad
You can play as anyone except for Mario

bottom text
Ian-Stewart
Scratcher
500+ posts

YES!!!
That's definitely on my wish list now!

I've always wanted a sequel of Super Mario Maker for the switch…

My signature was completely outdated and a new one is under construction.
yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

another level bois
Cave In The Winter
ID: 5L7-45N-82G

it took like 2 days

Scratch2849
Scratcher
500+ posts

I decided to revamp my level hub, and I did. I wanted to add a music option, but the project won't save. So here it is.

Twister2849 - your avrage persun™
I WAS LAZY WITH MY SCRATCH NAME I WANT TO BE TWISTER | apparently kumquats are evil and you need to be moist | 1000th post coming soon!

im too lazy to do anything i can come back to this community one day. i might. idk im bored.
Dan-The-Squid
Scratcher
1000+ posts

In the 3D World style, the Super Mario Kart, Super Mario 64, and Super Mario Galaxy sound effects should have used (respectively) the Mount Must Dash, Plessie, and Champion’s Road themes

Leaving bye
SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dan-The-Squid wrote:

In the 3D World style, the Super Mario Kart, Super Mario 64, and Super Mario Galaxy sound effects should have used (respectively) the Mount Must Dash, Plessie, and Champion’s Road themes
Agreed. And as for Sunshine?

WARNING: Anything I post is either stupid, sarcastic, or ironic. I am not to be taken seriously. Feel free to make fun of me for anything I say.
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
essentiallibertyisfreedomofspeech~Benjamin Franklin (This is my motto for replying to suggestions.)
As of 83G1NN1NG/0F/71M3, I use color #322F31 for my posts. If it's a link, I use #1AA0D8.
CLICK THIS LINK TO INSTANTLY CRASH THE SERVERS
Alexa, play Space Invaders.
As of November 7th, 2019, I have my computer back.
I'm awake from 11:00 AM to 11:30 PM CST (12:00 PM to 12:30 AM EST). Please be more active during that time.
I've moved to -THENEXT_LEVEL-.
yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

ive been seeing on youtube many ads for getting smm2 on mobile, when in reality they want to give your phone 50 viruses

TailsFanV51
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Also, modding has now put one of the SM3DW enemies into other styles.
Nice.
oh no the fbi i mean nintendo is here

Last edited by TailsFanV51 (July 18, 2019 19:31:36)

Come check out Sonic LUX, my Sonic thing!
SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yaov_1991 wrote:

ive been seeing on youtube many ads for getting smm2 on mobile, when in reality they want to give your phone 50 viruses
Links?

WARNING: Anything I post is either stupid, sarcastic, or ironic. I am not to be taken seriously. Feel free to make fun of me for anything I say.
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
essentiallibertyisfreedomofspeech~Benjamin Franklin (This is my motto for replying to suggestions.)
As of 83G1NN1NG/0F/71M3, I use color #322F31 for my posts. If it's a link, I use #1AA0D8.
I'm awake from 11:00 AM to 11:30 PM CST (12:00 PM to 12:30 AM EST). Please be more active during that time.
yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

SuperDoom wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

Links?
super mario 2 - Youtube

dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yaov_1991 wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

Links?
super mario 2 - Youtube
IIRC they're advertising an companion app for Mario Maker 2 called “mario maker market” or something, not a Mario Maker 2 iOS port, but I'm not sure.

Placeholder
sowut123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yaov_1991 wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

Links?
super mario 2 - Youtube
I reported the channel to Youtube.
also PLAY IS LIKE

Over the years, I've outgrown this website, so this is a mostly inactive account. I might come back from time to time to mess around, but don't count on it. Bye.
Scratch2849
Scratcher
500+ posts

sowut123 wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

Links?
super mario 2 - Youtube
also PLAY IS LIKE
I saw them a lot, too

Twister2849 - your avrage persun™
I WAS LAZY WITH MY SCRATCH NAME I WANT TO BE TWISTER | apparently kumquats are evil and you need to be moist | 1000th post coming soon!

im too lazy to do anything i can come back to this community one day. i might. idk im bored.
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch2849 wrote:

sowut123 wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

Links?
super mario 2 - Youtube
also PLAY IS LIKE
I saw them a lot, too
I have an adblocker

bottom text
TailsFanV51
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yaov_1991 wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

Links?
super mario 2 - Youtube
PATTER THE KNATTER WHERE U AT

SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

Scratch2849 wrote:

sowut123 wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

Links?
super mario 2 - Youtube
also PLAY IS LIKE
I saw them a lot, too
I have an adblocker
Same.

TailsFanV51 wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

Links?
super mario 2 - Youtube
PATTER THE KNATTER WHERE U AT
I'll do it instead. Pigfarmer the Glitter hasn't released a Bad Ads video in a while.

TailsFanV51
Scratcher
1000+ posts

So I got a “super mario 2” ad while starting a Clickbait video by Alpharad