Discuss Scratch

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Super Mario Maker 2 Topic

yaov_1991 wrote:

happy that mario maker 2 levels are better than the ones in smm1.
i wanted to see some hot garbage levels though, but people are actually decent at making levels now.

bottom text
sowut123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

i wanted to see some hot garbage levels though, but people are actually decent at making levels now.
NSO probably had a hand in that.

SORRY, YOU HAVE TO WAIT 60 SECONDS BETWEEN POSTS.

Over the years, I've outgrown this website, so this is a mostly inactive account. I might come back from time to time to mess around, but don't count on it. Bye.
Scratch2849
Scratcher
500+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

I did find some troll levels (blegh!) but most were decent, short, puzzling, and… yeah.

Twister2849 - your avrage persun™
I WAS LAZY WITH MY SCRATCH NAME I WANT TO BE TWISTER | apparently kumquats are evil and you need to be moist | 1000th post coming soon!

im too lazy to do anything i can come back to this community one day. i might. idk im bored.
ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Does anyone know if Glitch Levels are still banned?

MIITOPIA FOR SWITCH WAHOO
Welcome! This is my forum signature!

<<Favorite game?> Kinda hard to decide, maybe Smash Ultimate, maybe Mario Super Sluggers, etc.>
<<How active are you?> Forums and comments are pretty high, but the rate that projects get shared is low for now.>
<<How finished is this signature?> As you can tell, I'm kinda running out of ideas *And space!*. I'll add more later.>

Piglin D A N C E

Quagsire
MaximunPokeMaster
Scratcher
500+ posts

hellride:

PSD-52H-TPF

H
funnycoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MaximunPokeMaster wrote:

hellride:

PSD-52H-TPF
BRO YOU just Posted the NAUGHTY word

guys I clowend I accidentally answered E to something I cant change and im getting graded for it oh god please help me
Girls are rude NGL
Im going to propose to my girlfriend by saying: “Are you diamonds, because I want to make you into a sword and kill zombie with it”
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

They would be, especially if you could use it to upload an impossible level. I think it depends on which behaviors of Mario and the enemies are considered normal and which ones are glitched.

Because of this, I still use Lunar Magic occasionally to make levels that exploit glitches or stuff that's so hard I would have to use a TAS to beat it.

bottom text
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

They would be, especially if you could use it to upload an impossible level. I think it depends on which behaviors of Mario and the enemies are considered normal and which ones are glitched.

Because of this, I still use Lunar Magic occasionally to make levels that exploit glitches or stuff that's so hard I would have to use a TAS to beat it.
I use Lunar Magic when I want to do more advanced stuff, since it's pretty much the ultimate SMW ROM hacking tool.

Placeholder
Ryrie36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

No-one has brought up the problem yet, so I'll talk about it.

People may be wondering why some items like tracks or ON/OFF blocks (The ones that appear and disappear, not the trigger itself.) aren't in the SM3DW style. I think it's because if SM3DW had every item plus the exclusive ones, everyone would use that instead of the other styles. These restrictions make it more fair for all game styles.

when green flag clicked
move (2) steps
KABOOM
Nintendo Fan/Forum Hobbit/G-PG humor at the wrong time.
Over 2000 posts and counting.

Check out my second account, BiIvaMunner! It has high quality video game rips!
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryrie36 wrote:

People may be wondering why some items like tracks or ON/OFF blocks (The ones that appear and disappear, not the trigger itself.) aren't in the SM3DW style. I think it's because if SM3DW had every item plus the exclusive ones, everyone would use that instead of the other styles. These restrictions make it more fair for all game styles.
Unless all the SM3DW stuff was in other styles too.

Placeholder
gigamushroom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dude341 wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

One thing that BEWILDERS, DISCOMBOBULATES and PERPLEXES me to NO end is the fact that Fire Bros and Porcupuffers are exclusive to 3D World. WHY?!!? And on the topic of Fire Bros, where in the world are Boomerang Bros?

“You see things; and you say ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say ‘Why not?’”
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dude341 wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

In that case, no one would use the SM3DW world style except people who want to use the physics or music of SM3DW.

bottom text
Scratch2849
Scratcher
500+ posts

The black hole glitch is in SMM2. With that, you can put the Moon in Daytime and Sun in nighttime. Arrow signs can go crazy. Things can spawn out of the air. Just…woah. Here it is.

Last edited by Scratch2849 (July 15, 2019 12:31:56)

I WAS LAZY WITH MY SCRATCH NAME I WANT TO BE TWISTER | apparently kumquats are evil and you need to be moist | 1000th post coming soon!

im too lazy to do anything i can come back to this community one day. i might. idk im bored.
Scratch2849
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ryrie36 wrote:

I've always thought of that… It only works on the Spike blocks, the Track Blocks, and Conveyor Belts.

Last edited by Scratch2849 (July 15, 2019 12:30:57)

dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

dude341 wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

In that case, no one would use the SM3DW world style except people who want to use the physics or music of SM3DW.
That's not entirely true. What if you simply wanted to make an SM3DW-styled level?

Placeholder
ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dude341 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

dude341 wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

That's not entirely true. What if you simply wanted to make an SM3DW-styled level?
I mean, that's what happened with the other styles in the first game, everyone just wanted to make a level in a style.

<<Favorite game?> Kinda hard to decide, maybe Smash Ultimate, maybe Mario Super Sluggers, etc.>
<<How active are you?> Forums and comments are pretty high, but the rate that projects get shared is low for now.>
<<How finished is this signature?> As you can tell, I'm kinda running out of ideas *And space!*. I'll add more later.>

Piglin D A N C E

Quagsire
ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also, modding has now put one of the SM3DW enemies into other styles.
Nice.

Piglin D A N C E

Quagsire
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Nice.
You clearly don't understand how great this is. You know what this means? ACTUAL content mods for SMM2!

SMM1 had mods but they were either texture packs or stuff like “make Mario's hitbox small”. This is on a whole new level.

Placeholder
Ryrie36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dude341 wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Nice.
You clearly don't understand how great this is. You know what this means? ACTUAL content mods for SMM2!

SMM1 had mods but they were either texture packs or stuff like “make Mario's hitbox small”. This is on a whole new level.
Yeah, but you have to replace some of the already existing content to get new content.

when green flag clicked
move (2) steps
KABOOM
Nintendo Fan/Forum Hobbit/G-PG humor at the wrong time.
Over 2000 posts and counting.

Check out my second account, BiIvaMunner! It has high quality video game rips!
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryrie36 wrote:

dude341 wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Nice.

Yeah, but you have to replace some of the already existing content to get new content.
Did you watch the video? He said it's a temporary solution. If it's possible to completely code in new enemies (this wasn't just the 3DW enemies placed in the other styles as that style runs on another engine), making a new item slot should also be possible.

Placeholder