Discuss Scratch

dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Super Mario Maker 2 Topic

Keep in mind what they've already showed is just a beta, so watch out for even more content in the final game. NSMB DS anyone? Ice Flower?

Placeholder
Dan-The-Squid
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dude341 wrote:

Keep in mind what they've already showed is just a beta, so watch out for even more content in the final game. NSMB DS anyone? Ice Flower?
I actually wouldn't mind if there wasn't much more new content than what they showed off

Leaving bye
SockedMonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dan-The-Squid wrote:

dude341 wrote:

I actually wouldn't mind if there wasn't much more new content than what they showed off
They did say they would announce more new features soon.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⠤⠔⠒⠒⠒⠒⠒⠢⠤⢤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢀⠴⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠲⣄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⡰⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢧⠀⠀
⠀⡸⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢇⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⢀⡶⠛⣿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⠛⢿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⢸⣷⣶⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⢻⣿⣶⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠻⠿⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠻⠿⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⠹⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠏⠀
⠀⠀⠈⠢⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣤⣚⡁⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠒⢢⡤⠤⠤⠤⠤⠤⠖⠒⠒⠋⠉⠉⠀⠀⠉⠉⢦
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⢸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⡇⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⣸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢱⠀⠀⠀⢸⠘⡆⠀⠀⢸⣀⡰⠋⣆⠀⣠⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠳⠤⠤⠼⠀⠘⠤⠴⠃⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠁
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dan-The-Squid wrote:

dude341 wrote:

The features they've already shown are great but it's not really much of an update compared to the first game at this point.

Placeholder
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryrie36 wrote:

Only need Nintendo Land for the Switch and I can finally sell our Wii U.
That uses features of the Wii U gamepad that would be impossible on the switch, so I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Placeholder
SockedMonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dude341 wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

That uses features of the Wii U gamepad that would be impossible on the switch, so I don't see that happening anytime soon.
It could be a sequel using the switch’s joycons.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠳⠤⠤⠼⠀⠘⠤⠴⠃⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠁
SockedMonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dude341 wrote:

NSMB DS would look like a mess with the switch’ resolution. SMB2 needs to happen though.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠳⠤⠤⠼⠀⠘⠤⠴⠃⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠁
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SockedMonster wrote:

dude341 wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

It could be a sequel using the switch’s joycons.
I can certainly see a sequel but not the original game.
Mario Maker 2 can completely replace the first game as it's the exact same but with even more content.
While a Nintendo Land sequel would have completely different minigames. It's like saying Mario 3D World is a replacement for Mario 3D Land. Both are different games with different levels.

Also, interestingly, when fans managed to find a list of upcoming Switch games (around the time of the launch announcement for the Switch, at least that's when I heard about it via YouTube) which included SMM2, other games on the list included Mario Odyssey (we have that now of course), Pikmin 4 (yay), and also a Smash 4 port but I think that's been cancelled in favour of Ultimate.

Placeholder
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SockedMonster wrote:

dude341 wrote:

NSMB DS would look like a mess with the switch’ resolution. SMB2 needs to happen though.
Are you sure? The 3D models could just be rendered at a higher resolution for that full polygon-like experience, and 2D textures could just be resized like they do with SMB, SMW etc.

There's even a mod for the first game that adds it in.

Placeholder
sowut123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All this stuff
All this stuff
And people will still make auto levels

Last edited by sowut123 (March 6, 2019 15:27:23)

Over the years, I've outgrown this website, so this is a mostly inactive account. I might come back from time to time to mess around, but don't count on it. Bye.
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sowut123 wrote:

All this stuff
All this stuff
Auto levels aren't bad. It's just that they get put into 100 Mario Challenge. If Nintendo adds an in-game genre system (rather than using Mario Maker Bookmark) this will be resolved.

Placeholder
SockedMonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Give me SMB2.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠳⠤⠤⠼⠀⠘⠤⠴⠃⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠁
merlang7
Scratcher
4 posts

if <[mario maker] = [played by me]> then
set [ status] to [happy]
end

My Life:
when (homepage clicked
if <(my project) = (there)> then
freakout

else
sulk
end
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

merlang7 wrote:

set [ status] to [happy]
end
???
And also, please don't block-spam.

Placeholder
sowut123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dude341 wrote:

sowut123 wrote:

All this stuff
All this stuff
Auto levels aren't bad. It's just that they get put into 100 Mario Challenge. If Nintendo adds an in-game genre system (rather than using Mario Maker Bookmark) this will be resolved.
I don't think there will be a bookmark system because there's no online browser on the switch.

Over the years, I've outgrown this website, so this is a mostly inactive account. I might come back from time to time to mess around, but don't count on it. Bye.
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sowut123 wrote:

dude341 wrote:

sowut123 wrote:

All this stuff
All this stuff
I don't think there will be a bookmark system because there's no online browser on the switch.
But there is. How would the eShop, Switch Online Login, and social media intergration work otherwise? It's just that you can't use it as a normal browser.

Plus, I never said adding a built in Mario Maker Bookmark feature, just the ability to add genres to levels WITHOUT mario maker bookmark.

Placeholder
PecanPi314
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dude341 wrote:

merlang7 wrote:

set [ status] to [happy]
end
???
its not block-spamming if you only use them once

in west philadelphia born and raised

sowut123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Here is a laundry pile of hopes for SMM2. (Sorry for a lot of acronyms)

SM64 style. Now that SM3DW is confirmed for SMM2, why wouldn't SM64 also be in SMM2?
SMO style. See above.
Super Mario Sunshine theme. Again, see above.
Rotating Blocks. Here's a somewhat complicated method for how these would work. Change the color by shaking the block, speed by tapping it and selecting a speed option, and direction by tapping an icon in the middle of the block, kind of like fire bars.
Red coin rings. These would be a 2x3 block that you could rotate, like arrows and one-way doors. They act like red coin rings in any other title featuring them.
Red Coins. You can't have red coin rings without red coins. Shake coins to get this. Again, would act like red coins in the titles that they appear in.
Green coin rings. Shake a red coin ring to get these. They'd act how they would act in the games that they appear in.
Green Coins. Shake a red coin to get these. You can place the center of these. I wouldn't hold my breath, because these and the green coin rings are too complicated to get in.

Well, that's all. I could've put the generic “Ice flower! SMB2!” stuff in but I don't care enough to put them in.

Last edited by sowut123 (March 28, 2019 18:02:06)

dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PecanPi314 wrote:

dude341 wrote:

merlang7 wrote:

set [ status] to [happy]
end
???
its not block-spamming if you only use them once
Not how it works at all.

sowut123 wrote:

SM64 style. Now that SM3DW is confirmed for SMM2, why wouldn't SM64 also be in SMM2?
SMO style. See above.
Rotating Blocks. Here's a somewhat complicated method for how these would work. Change the color by shaking the block, speed by tapping it and selecting a speed option, and direction by tapping an icon in the middle of the block, kind of like fire bars.
Red coin rings. These would be a 2x3 block that you could rotate, like arrows and one-way doors. They act like red coin rings in any other title featuring them.
Red Coins. You can't have red coin rings without red coins. Shake coins to get this. Again, would act like red coins in the titles that they appear in.
Green coin rings. Shake a red coin ring to get these. They'd act how they would act in the games that they appear in.
Green Coins. Shake a red coin to get these. You can place the center of these. I wouldn't hold my breath, because these and the green coin rings are too complicated to get in.

Well, that's all. I could've put the generic “Ice flower! SMB2!” stuff in but I don't care enough to put them in.
I think these are all highly possible for Mario Maker 2 in my opinion.

Placeholder
sowut123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sowut123 wrote:

SMO style. See above.

I forgot.
Beep blocks. Shake to get the different things. They would act like how they did in the original game. Dunno what to call these.
Jump-switch blocks. Again, dunno what to call these.
On-off tracks. Now that onn-off blocks are in the game, these seem totally plausible.