Scratcher
5 posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

M1mikyu wrote:

leapinleopardstar wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

EIephant_Lover wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

I asked Paddle2See about this and he said that it was a good idea and that it might be possible.

So let’s say you wanted to do the L for the I thing, however you accidentally made the l capital, thus making the username not say what you wanted it to!

So, my suggestion is that you can change your username, however your username would stay the same. All that would change is if the letters are uppercase or lowercase. For instance, I could change my username to m1mikyu instead of M1mikyu. Make sense?

I doubt this would cause confusion as all it is is changing the case of your username instead of your actual username.

What do you think? Nya~
Support!!
I always wished I hadn't capitalized the “i” in my username… if only I could change it.
What i?
Their username actually says Eiephant_Lover.
When I clicked their profile the URL said L, but alright.
Wait nvm, I didn’t realize the URLs showed the actual case of the letters and weren’t lowercase.
Xolay
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs2966555 wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

leapinleopardstar wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

EIephant_Lover wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

I asked Paddle2See about this and he said that it was a good idea and that it might be possible.

So let’s say you wanted to do the L for the I thing, however you accidentally made the l capital, thus making the username not say what you wanted it to!

So, my suggestion is that you can change your username, however your username would stay the same. All that would change is if the letters are uppercase or lowercase. For instance, I could change my username to m1mikyu instead of M1mikyu. Make sense?

I doubt this would cause confusion as all it is is changing the case of your username instead of your actual username.

What do you think? Nya~
Support!!
I always wished I hadn't capitalized the “i” in my username… if only I could change it.
What i?
Their username actually says Eiephant_Lover.
When I clicked their profile the URL said L, but alright.
Wait nvm, I didn’t realize the URLs showed the actual case of the letters and weren’t lowercase.
??

I'm a 8 year old boy
[0.0](ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ::stack)('_'::stack variables)(o,o::stack control)(d_b::stack operators)(²-²::stack motion)(1_1::stack looks)(°-°::stack sound)::stack #000000//these are my kumquat protectors

if <(username) = [add signature] > then
set [big brain v]to [True]
end
WHAT??? HOW ARE YOU SEEING THIS?
<<true(::grey) ::#00FF00>::operators>
<<(::grey) false::#ff0000>::operators>
I love courtney from total dramarama
My goal:
5000 posts (::control) (::control) (::#000000) (::#000000) (::#000000) ::#00008B

Credits: Google

move (1) step::motion

hello, light mode user
hello, dark mode user

this hat is looking at u
() () ::custom hat

POV: you are a ST member about to report
See the POV of being a Scratch Team member.

atchscray isyay ayay igh-levelhay ock-basedblay isualvay ogrammingpray anguagelay andyay ebsiteway argetedtay imarilypray atyay ildrenchay 8–16 asyay anyay educationalyay ooltay orfay ogrammingpray.

PLZ buy me a Wedo 2.0

hellohellohellohello

I BELIEVE IN VS TOTAL DRAMARAMA SUPREMACY

you are not being valid offtopic there

hahaha superhero block go brrrr::#FFFFFF cap

made with uploads.scratch.mit.edu
sukune
Scratcher
1000+ posts

support; there might be people who have SUPER OLD ACCOUNTS or rEcEnT aCcOuNtS who messed up with the cases, they can change it. it doesn't even mess up the link URL. they can change it to something slightly more sophisticated and/or professional. i was gonna type my username like this (Sukune) but i messed up with the shift button, otherwise this is a good idea

Last edited by sukune (Sept. 22, 2021 17:31:18)

“I'm an orca on a stroll.” | my actual voice! | ask me for my business card
PenguinLover1123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

leapinleopardstar wrote:

Support.

scratchnerd21 wrote:

Support for this!

_Portavia_ wrote:

Support.
Saying “support” without giving reasons why is not constructive. When you say “support,” please explain why you support the suggestion. This is a discussion forum, not a ballot box.
What is a ballot box? Read siggy for age

Last edited by PenguinLover1123 (Sept. 22, 2021 19:14:08)

Good morning/afternoon/night
Xolay
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PenguinLover1123 wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

leapinleopardstar wrote:

Support.

scratchnerd21 wrote:

Support for this!

_Portavia_ wrote:

Support.
Saying “support” without giving reasons why is not constructive. When you say “support,” please explain why you support the suggestion. This is a discussion forum, not a ballot box.
This

I'm a 8 year old boy
[0.0](ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ::stack)('_'::stack variables)(o,o::stack control)(d_b::stack operators)(²-²::stack motion)(1_1::stack looks)(°-°::stack sound)::stack #000000//these are my kumquat protectors

if <(username) = [add signature] > then
set [big brain v]to [True]
end
WHAT??? HOW ARE YOU SEEING THIS?
<<true(::grey) ::#00FF00>::operators>
<<(::grey) false::#ff0000>::operators>
I love courtney from total dramarama
My goal:
5000 posts (::control) (::control) (::#000000) (::#000000) (::#000000) ::#00008B

Credits: Google

move (1) step::motion

hello, light mode user
hello, dark mode user

this hat is looking at u
() () ::custom hat

POV: you are a ST member about to report
See the POV of being a Scratch Team member.

atchscray isyay ayay igh-levelhay ock-basedblay isualvay ogrammingpray anguagelay andyay ebsiteway argetedtay imarilypray atyay ildrenchay 8–16 asyay anyay educationalyay ooltay orfay ogrammingpray.

PLZ buy me a Wedo 2.0

hellohellohellohello

I BELIEVE IN VS TOTAL DRAMARAMA SUPREMACY

you are not being valid offtopic there

hahaha superhero block go brrrr::#FFFFFF cap

made with uploads.scratch.mit.edu
Cakepoptri2
Scratcher
84 posts

I don't know if this would count as necroposting since it's been about two weeks since the last post, but whatever.

I support this! I wouldn't use it myself but it could be useful, especially in the example listed above (with the i and I and L and l). Some people would definitely want to change their username to a different case. And since it doesn't case any major problems and is easy to implement, it sounds like a good idea!

Hi!I'm just your average reader and writer who's also super crazy and weird. I love donuts cake pops and life is going horrible all okay!

TurtleLegos
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

BE DRY, MOIST IS TOO MOIST

hey im back! march 3 2024
dave-alt-4
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

guide to make good projects <3

Think! Is saying if you support a suggestion necessary? No! People can just tell by your constructive post after it. You have more freedom on your tone!
Forumers, especially new, may also get upset if you say “no support!!!” at them! They may take the whole post in a negative tone, and that makes them upset!
Instead, you can kindly say why their suggestion has cons. They will take it as “constructive criticism” and be happy. - dertermenter

OhOkSir12345
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This is a great idea. However one thing im concerned about is having to enter your password to fix capitalazation or whatever its called. And what if someone forgot their email and password? Also if this were to be a thing. Then i would just make my username in all caps for no reason
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

OhOkSir12345 wrote:

This is a great idea. However one thing im concerned about is having to enter your password to fix capitalazation or whatever its called. And what if someone forgot their email and password?
Right, even though plenty of other sites do this when someone tries to make big changes to their account, I don't know if a capitalization change warrants that.

OhOkSir12345 wrote:

Also if this were to be a thing. Then i would just make my username in all caps for no reason
What's wrong with that?

Last edited by Austinato (Oct. 30, 2021 18:02:36)

7500+ posts (19th)
vudeptrai090211
Scratcher
1000+ posts

support cuz its very cool

Don't think this is a part of my posts, this is my signature. You can see how to change/add a signature here.
Highlight + ctrl (cmd) + shift + down to see my full signature

I don't work very much on forums anymore. Now, I love making projects!
Links:
ACCOUNTS: Alt Test Animate
PROJECTS: Space Dodger Tiny Ball's Adventure Epic Catch Game Potion Clicker
STUDIOS: Fanbase

congrats! you've reached the end of this signature!
win this challenge to have a wish!
CodeLearnerSai
Scratcher
100+ posts

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CodeLearnerSai wrote:

No support. People can impersonate other users if this feature was added.
How? All it is is something like changing
Steve0Greatness
to
sTEVE0GreatNess

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
PotatoGameCreator
Scratcher
65 posts

I want my username to be potatogamecreator which is all lower case

Scratch Community Guidelines Picture. Also baby Nano lol.
kat-coder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Massive support, I want my username capitalized, and I don't want to move accounts.

-kat-coder

(1000 Posts. (✔::operators)(❌::variables)(❌)(❌)(❌) 5000 Posts! 

Useful Links:

To advertise your Scratch project, Go Here!
To play around with ScratchBlocks, Go Here!
To contact the Scratch Team, Go Here!
To check out my latest Scratch project, Go Here!
VeryFamus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support. Say I wanted to change my username from VeryFamus to Veryfamus or veryFamus, this would allow me to do that. Quick question though. How would this work? Where would you be able to change it?

some know me as the guy who only posted in suggestions
i have returned once more

Lamp oil, rope, bombs. You want it? It’s yours my friend. As long as you have enough rupies.
TurtleLegos
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bUmP
BuMp
BUmp

i love it lol

BE DRY, MOIST IS TOO MOIST

hey im back! march 3 2024
BearSlothCoding
Scratcher
1000+ posts

VeryFamus wrote:

Quick question though. How would this work? Where would you be able to change it?
There'd probably be a space in account settings for it, like the page for changing your password.
LionManStudios
Scratcher
500+ posts

PenguinLover1123 wrote:

snip
putting your age in a siggy is actually a good idea

CodeLearnerSai wrote:

No support. People can impersonate other users if this feature was added.
they already do it, it's just that when someone messes up their capitalization currently (which seems pretty rare) they can't change it back, the only change this'll do to impersonators is that they have another chance at making the username look real (most of them already stick out like a sore thumb, it probably won't really matter in the end)

Hello there

why did you come here, well I guess I should reward you with something… Oh! I know! this unlisted yt video of a project I'm making