Discuss Scratch

Thiago_le_meilleur
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

Where is the utility to change username capitalization ?
undeterminstic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Thiago_le_meilleur wrote:

read the OP.

OP wrote:

You know how some people use a capital i to resemble a lowercase L? Well, what if they accidentally did a lowercase i? Then the iiiusion of their name would no longer work.

Last edited by undeterminstic (Jan. 29, 2024 17:04:22)

yes
LP372
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Thiago_le_meilleur wrote:

not added

Projects I want people to see:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1018171720
Thiago_le_meilleur
Scratcher
1000+ posts

OP wrote:

You know how some people use a capital i to resemble a lowercase L? Well, what if they accidentally did a lowercase i? Then the iiiusion of their name would no longer work.
I hadn't thought about it.
Wonkymoon8
Scratcher
100+ posts

support cuz my alt account has different capitalization from my main account and its SO ANNOYING.

define Wonkymoon8
A true up and coming scratcher! :D
Dont forget to follow me!
Wii For Scratch! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/928218023/
wesievert01
Scratcher
10 posts

I feel like we should be able to change our username, but first it has to be approved by a scratch dev (or not) to solve the issue of randomly changing it, and it notifies all of their followers that their username has changed. Kind of like how it sends a message to all members of a group chat that the name has been changed.
mumu245
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wesievert01 wrote:

(#526)
I feel like we should be able to change our username, but first it has to be approved by a scratch dev (or not) to solve the issue of randomly changing it, and it notifies all of their followers that their username has changed. Kind of like how it sends a message to all members of a group chat that the name has been changed.
This is sort of already possible but only if you contact a moderator.

select this text then press Ctrl+Shift+Down to read more
Citcat29
Scratcher
9 posts

Hello! I just wanted to say I support this concept and that this is a great idea changing the case of your username! No one really would get confused, and I'm assuming that creating a username on scratch does not allow 2 or more of the same username with different capitals, and it would be great to be able to slightly edit your username. I support this!

(excess characters removed by moderator - please don't spam)

Last edited by Paddle2See (May 14, 2024 21:58:52)

♡ᴄɪᴛᴄᴀᴛ♡ ᐟᐠ• ᴗ•ᐟᐠ ノ
⌈☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮⌉
☾ Proud Ravenclaw ☽
⌊☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮⌋
starlightsparker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I can see how some people may be greatly helped by this feature. Support.

✮˚. ᵎᵎ ?彡⋆。˚ starlight !! * ੈ✩‧₊˚ ✧˖° female !! ⋆。°✩ s.her !!‧˚₊ muslim !!✶ .ᐟ
︶꒦꒷order at star's cafe! served w/ love꒷꒦︶
star's cafe is a store to order banners, pfps, and more!
! attention ! my only account is @starlightsparker. if anyone pretends to be me, pretends to be a “secret alt” of mine, or anything like that, they are lying. I’m putting this message here in light of recent events.
(rounded) 1000th post | (actual) 1000th post | first post
~ pakistani muslim ~ ~ born in arabia ~ palestine supporter! ~
stop the Islam hate!useful custom blockslatest projectcomment herePython Learning History
Scratch inspired me to want to become a programmer when i grow up. I plan on learning python :>
iiucandyfloss
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This is a great suggestion, as long as the URLs do not change. I might be accustomed to typing in scratch.mit.edu/users/iiucandyfloss, but then I change my user to iiuCandyfloss. Would the URL lead to the same profile?

Also, what if there are two users with the same users but different capitalisation e.g. Candy and candy. If Candy changes to candy, who is who?
If doing this is impossible, then please notify me and regard this second point as invalid.

credits to @happyha8 for image hosting my forum banner -