Discuss Scratch

M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

I asked Paddle2See about this and he said that it was a good idea and that it might be possible.

So let’s say you wanted to do the L for the I thing, however you accidentally made the l capital, thus making the username not say what you wanted it to!

So, my suggestion is that you can change your username, however your username would stay the same. All that would change is if the letters are uppercase or lowercase. For instance, I could change my username to m1mikyu instead of M1mikyu. Make sense?

I doubt this would cause confusion as all it is is changing the case of your username instead of your actual username.

What do you think? Nya~

Last edited by M1mikyu (April 11, 2020 17:36:13)



Yes, I made those Gen-5 styled Mimikyus myself.
XayCraft360
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

It could still cause a bit of confusion, since changing the case looks a lot like changing your name if the person didn't learn the name well, and they would still know that something was different, overall, Semi-Support (Leaning on Support)

<Insert copy of NilsTheBest's OLD uncreative copy of adsuri's uncreative copy of Wahsp's uncreative copy of -ShadowOfTheFuture's- uncreative signature here>

I AM NO LONGER ON SCRATCH
leapinleopardstar
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

Support.

A
scratchnerd21
Scratcher
29 posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

Support for this! This could be an awesome change to scratch, especially for ppl like me!

Last edited by scratchnerd21 (Feb. 9, 2019 18:53:17)

_Portavia_
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

Support, it would solve some problems.

Last edited by _Portavia_ (Feb. 9, 2019 22:46:11)


I'm Anglican Christian and conservative, please respect my opinion.
Proud SMC member
Together, we shall destroy the universe. And the forum minimods.
This is generation 2 of the anti minimod signature. Put this in your signature and increase the generation number by one if you are against minimods.
Za-Chary
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

leapinleopardstar wrote:

Support.

scratchnerd21 wrote:

Support for this!

_Portavia_ wrote:

Support.
Saying “support” without giving reasons why is not constructive. When you say “support,” please explain why you support the suggestion. This is a discussion forum, not a ballot box.

Za-Chary wrote:

i didn't write this
This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

Be moist
NilsTheBest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

This wouldn't make anyone confused, isn't really a username change that much, and could definitely be some compromise. Support ^^

scratchnerd21
Scratcher
29 posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

Za-Chary wrote:

leapinleopardstar wrote:

Support.

scratchnerd21 wrote:

Support for this!

_Portavia_ wrote:

Support.
Saying “support” without giving reasons why is not constructive. When you say “support,” please explain why you support the suggestion. This is a discussion forum, not a ballot box.
Ok sorry I'll edit it
EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

M1mikyu wrote:

I asked Paddle2See about this and he said that it was a good idea and that it might be possible.

So let’s say you wanted to do the L for the I thing, however you accidentally made the l capital, thus making the username not say what you wanted it to!

So, my suggestion is that you can change your username, however your username would stay the same. All that would change is if the letters are uppercase or lowercase. For instance, I could change my username to m1mikyu instead of M1mikyu. Make sense?

I doubt this would cause confusion as all it is is changing the case of your username instead of your actual username.

What do you think? Nya~
Support!!
I always wished I hadn't capitalized the “i” in my username… if only I could change it.

M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

EIephant_Lover wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

I asked Paddle2See about this and he said that it was a good idea and that it might be possible.

So let’s say you wanted to do the L for the I thing, however you accidentally made the l capital, thus making the username not say what you wanted it to!

So, my suggestion is that you can change your username, however your username would stay the same. All that would change is if the letters are uppercase or lowercase. For instance, I could change my username to m1mikyu instead of M1mikyu. Make sense?

I doubt this would cause confusion as all it is is changing the case of your username instead of your actual username.

What do you think? Nya~
Support!!
I always wished I hadn't capitalized the “i” in my username… if only I could change it.
What i?


Yes, I made those Gen-5 styled Mimikyus myself.
leapinleopardstar
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

M1mikyu wrote:

EIephant_Lover wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

I asked Paddle2See about this and he said that it was a good idea and that it might be possible.

So let’s say you wanted to do the L for the I thing, however you accidentally made the l capital, thus making the username not say what you wanted it to!

So, my suggestion is that you can change your username, however your username would stay the same. All that would change is if the letters are uppercase or lowercase. For instance, I could change my username to m1mikyu instead of M1mikyu. Make sense?

I doubt this would cause confusion as all it is is changing the case of your username instead of your actual username.

What do you think? Nya~
Support!!
I always wished I hadn't capitalized the “i” in my username… if only I could change it.
What i?
Their username actually says Eiephant_Lover.

A
M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

leapinleopardstar wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

EIephant_Lover wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

I asked Paddle2See about this and he said that it was a good idea and that it might be possible.

So let’s say you wanted to do the L for the I thing, however you accidentally made the l capital, thus making the username not say what you wanted it to!

So, my suggestion is that you can change your username, however your username would stay the same. All that would change is if the letters are uppercase or lowercase. For instance, I could change my username to m1mikyu instead of M1mikyu. Make sense?

I doubt this would cause confusion as all it is is changing the case of your username instead of your actual username.

What do you think? Nya~
Support!!
I always wished I hadn't capitalized the “i” in my username… if only I could change it.
What i?
Their username actually says Eiephant_Lover.
When I clicked their profile the URL said L, but alright.
Wait nvm, I didn’t realize the URLs showed the actual case of the letters and weren’t lowercase.

Last edited by M1mikyu (Feb. 9, 2019 23:42:24)



Yes, I made those Gen-5 styled Mimikyus myself.
998930
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

you are supported with this most people first to make a good account username and I think maybe the ST can make this on whats happing so not much confusion


998930


I'm a coder!
~998930
M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

Bump


Yes, I made those Gen-5 styled Mimikyus myself.
DylanSearch
Scratcher
50 posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

I support it, but I have a question:
If this was to be accepted, how would it be implemented?

Use Dylan Search at dylan.global!






;
Seam49
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

DylanSearch wrote:

I support it, but I have a question:
If this was to be accepted, how would it be implemented?
Boxes with the letters in the characters username in them, clicking on them changes case.

Tea.
PokeNova
Scratcher
37 posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

Support! Even though I may not necessarily use it, it could be helpful to others

hi i'm not active on scratch anymore, sorry for the inconvenience.
PhoenixLondon2008
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

This is a great idea because a username without capitals wouldn't seem as appealing as a username with capitals. Support!

when green flag clicked
I (Support) because {
of the reasons listed above::operators
}::control


"Darkness is just a place without any light."

-Me




M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

Thanks for all the support


Yes, I made those Gen-5 styled Mimikyus myself.
everett6
Scratcher
7 posts

Ability To Change Username Capitalization

I think scratchers should be able to. If they created their usernames when they were younger and did it in ALL CAPS or wEiRd CaSe, they may want to change it, weather to be more recognizable or just not ridiculous. I personally want to change mine from everett6 to Everett6, to sound more proper.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile