Discuss Scratch

Hades82
Scratcher
2 posts

Official Monster World modding thread

I am having an issue where when you start the battle, your cards are all out of place, you also draw all of your cards and you don't discard your hand at the end of your turn, you only draw if you have ten cards in the discard pile. You also cannot view the discard or draw piles I can't view anything else either. Actually, a lot of things are being glitchy. Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this?

Last edited by Hades82 (March 5, 2024 21:17:51)

WoopersRcool
Scratcher
61 posts

Hades82 wrote:

I am having an issue where when you start the battle, your cards are all out of place, you also draw all of your cards and you don't discard your hand at the end of your turn, you only draw if you have ten cards in the discard pile. You also cannot view the discard or draw piles I can't view anything else either. Actually, a lot of things are being glitchy. Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this?
nope, not me!
Hades82
Scratcher
2 posts

I fixed my issue
WoopersRcool
Scratcher
61 posts

Hades82 wrote:

I fixed my issue
hooray!
WoopersRcool
Scratcher
61 posts

I'm having

Hades82 wrote:

I'm having issues myself, all my enemies just POOF gone. As soon as the battle starts. They don't take damage or anything, they don't even appear for a single frame.
ChiefJustice
Scratcher
73 posts

WoopersRcool wrote:

I'm having

Hades82 wrote:

I'm having issues myself, all my enemies just POOF gone. As soon as the battle starts. They don't take damage or anything, they don't even appear for a single frame.
@WoopersRcool I looked at your code, and I found the problem. The Script_IsClone? variable in enemies needs to be set to NO.
Likely you accidentally ran some code for clones by clicking on it and it set the variable to INTENT meaning the sprite thinks it's a clone and that it's not its job to spawn enemies.

Last edited by ChiefJustice (March 7, 2024 15:12:50)

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Cool (hard) platformer boss fight game I made.
WoopersRcool
Scratcher
61 posts

ChiefJustice wrote:

WoopersRcool wrote:

I'm having

Hades82 wrote:

@WoopersRcool I looked at your code, and I found the problem. The Script_IsClone? variable in enemies needs to be set to NO.
Likely you accidentally ran some code for clones by clicking on it and it set the variable to INTENT meaning the sprite thinks it's a clone and that it's not its job to spawn enemies.
Oh my gosh thank you! I've spent hours on that project and didn't want to lose it! You are amazing! I don't know how to think you, would you like to try the game out now that it's fixed? I just updated it!

Last edited by WoopersRcool (March 7, 2024 22:49:24)

WoopersRcool
Scratcher
61 posts

ChiefJustice wrote:

WoopersRcool wrote:

I'm having

Hades82 wrote:

Wow, thanks! The game has been updated and is giving credit to you in the Notes and Credits!
WoopersRcool
Scratcher
61 posts

I'm having more troubles, with stats this time, the stat upgrade buttons are just grey/gray! I need more help. Please. OuO
Polterpup_is_cute
Scratcher
19 posts

Hey, @Apfellord!
I made a custom status, but I don't think this modding guide says how to make it do what I want it to.
The status (status card) is called Voidfall, and it's supposed to banish all remaining abilities in your hand after you end your turn (if the card is in your hand). If it does say how to make it work, could you tell me, please? (Great game, btw. I could never make something like that.)
redcat289
Scratcher
11 posts

Polterpup_is_cute wrote:

Hey, @Apfellord!
I made a custom status, but I don't think this modding guide says how to make it do what I want it to.
The status (status card) is called Voidfall, and it's supposed to banish all remaining abilities in your hand after you end your turn (if the card is in your hand). If it does say how to make it work, could you tell me, please? (Great game, btw. I could never make something like that.)
In the “Cards” sprite, there is a custom definition block called “Battle_DiscardHand”. The block should contain a block inside that says something like “if Card_ID=A035 or Card_ID=A034” and so on and so forth. You can add another “if” block at the end of the statement that checks if you have the status effect.
Polterpup_is_cute
Scratcher
19 posts

redcat289 wrote:

Polterpup_is_cute wrote:

Hey, @Apfellord!
In the “Cards” sprite, there is a custom definition block called “Battle_DiscardHand”. The block should contain a block inside that says something like “if Card_ID=A035 or Card_ID=A034” and so on and so forth. You can add another “if” block at the end of the statement that checks if you have the status effect.
Thanks! I had to modify the card a bit, but it works now!
when I receive [It worked v]
set [Joy v] to [1,000,000]
say [Thank you =)]

Last edited by Polterpup_is_cute (March 9, 2024 22:26:42)

WoopersRcool
Scratcher
61 posts

Does anyone know where the code is for increasing your health by 5 at the end of the battle is? You know, for if you increase your health stat to 5?
Apfellord
Scratcher
100+ posts

WoopersRcool wrote:

Does anyone know where the code is for increasing your health by 5 at the end of the battle is? You know, for if you increase your health stat to 5?
Okay, so in the TurnManager Sprite, look for the “When I receive general_battlestart” script.
Scroll down to almost the bottom, there's an if block checking whether “item 5 of Player_Stats_Data > 4”.
WoopersRcool
Scratcher
61 posts

Apfellord wrote:

WoopersRcool wrote:

Okay, so in the TurnManager Sprite, look for the “When I receive general_battlestart” script.
Scroll down to almost the bottom, there's an if block checking whether “item 5 of Player_Stats_Data > 4”.
Oh, wow! Thanks!
WoopersRcool
Scratcher
61 posts

I want to make a card that uses RNG to deal damage, but it should still be seeded RNG, so it's affected by the seed, so it will still be the same damage as last time if you do the same exact actions as last run. Can someone help me with this code? I put
(Script_NK3) 
and
 define RNG_Change 
with
 (Script_NK3)
inputted but it's not working, it's dealing 6,6,6,6! I need help. (sorry I'm a bad modder :[ )

Last edited by WoopersRcool (March 19, 2024 13:38:34)

redcat289
Scratcher
11 posts

WoopersRcool wrote:

I want to make a card that uses RNG to deal damage, but it should still be seeded RNG, so it's affected by the seed, so it will still be the same damage as last time if you do the same exact actions as last run. Can someone help me with this code? I put
(Script_NK3) 
and
 define RNG_Change 
with
 (Script_NK3)
inputted but it's not working, it's dealing 6,6,6,6! I need help. (sorry I'm a bad modder :[ )
What do you want the damage range to be?
-NovaTheComic-
Scratcher
12 posts

Seneheav wrote:

Okay. I've been brainstorming the entire day and here's the ideas for mods/characters I have so far for Taranga:

Twins— Two characters in one
- Starts off as a random character (Like one of the two)
- A specific aura or skill that “flips”over the entire deck
into the other character's deck
- Both characters' starting deck should contain the card
- It would be cool if the characters are opposing elements!

Phantom— Stealthed, stealthed! STEALTHED AGAIN?!
- Uses a crit strike (x2-4) system factor
- Deals low base damage
- Additional chance or damage attacking with stealth
- Maybe getting a stealth card everytime triggering crit?

Arsenal switch
- A character that is able to have different ‘modes’ by imitating other
characters
- A card that is able to switch from a character's set of cards to another
- A card that is able to copy the enemies deck

Seer/Time traveler
- An ability to read the enemies intention even better (The exact card or something)
- A base card that works like illuminate (Able to draw the entire deck again)
- More cards that are able to change the move of the enemy

Yep! That's all for now, these are the ideas that I've always wanted to make a mod of (like the hunter mod), but never done so. I hope it is helpful/inspirational to you all interested in modding!!

ooh and maybe the time traveler could start with the time traveler artifact thing
Seneheav
Scratcher
17 posts

-NovaTheComic- wrote:

Seneheav wrote:

Okay. I've been brainstorming the entire day and here's the ideas for mods/characters I have so far for Taranga:

Twins— Two characters in one
- Starts off as a random character (Like one of the two)
- A specific aura or skill that “flips”over the entire deck
into the other character's deck
- Both characters' starting deck should contain the card
- It would be cool if the characters are opposing elements!

Phantom— Stealthed, stealthed! STEALTHED AGAIN?!
- Uses a crit strike (x2-4) system factor
- Deals low base damage
- Additional chance or damage attacking with stealth
- Maybe getting a stealth card everytime triggering crit?

Arsenal switch
- A character that is able to have different ‘modes’ by imitating other
characters
- A card that is able to switch from a character's set of cards to another
- A card that is able to copy the enemies deck

Seer/Time traveler
- An ability to read the enemies intention even better (The exact card or something)
- A base card that works like illuminate (Able to draw the entire deck again)
- More cards that are able to change the move of the enemy

Yep! That's all for now, these are the ideas that I've always wanted to make a mod of (like the hunter mod), but never done so. I hope it is helpful/inspirational to you all interested in modding!!

ooh and maybe the time traveler could start with the time traveler artifact thing

Perhaps the memory loss effect could slowly fade away as you play for longer? And you could see the outcomes for events such as the drawer thing? Like which one leads to the item playing cards?
EYSuperFan12
Scratcher
10 posts

Black_robot_satin wrote:

Nice to see some helpful info for modders. Way better than spending a month on seeping though the sprites to understand how things work.
(still worth it tho! )

XxPhantomDavexX wrote:

Black_robot_satin wrote:

Nice to see some helpful info for modders. Way better than spending a month on seeping though the sprites to understand how things work.
(still worth it tho! )
Lol fr
I guess I gotta give you (whatever your number was) dollars! XD