Discuss Scratch

ChiefJustice
Scratcher
73 posts

Official Monster World modding thread

Where is the script that runs when the game is beaten?

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Cool (hard) platformer boss fight game I made.
Apfellord
Scratcher
100+ posts

ChiefJustice wrote:

There is an event called “General_Victory” that is being broadcasted in the “TurnManager” Sprite. It is being received in the “Menu_Clones” Sprite.
ChiefJustice
Scratcher
73 posts

Apfellord wrote:

ChiefJustice wrote:

There is an event called “General_Victory” that is being broadcasted in the “TurnManager” Sprite. It is being received in the “Menu_Clones” Sprite.
Thanks!

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Foxprism
Scratcher
16 posts

I was able to add barricade from the ironclad into the game!
Foxprism
Scratcher
16 posts

I've started adding STS cards in one of my mods: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/732461195/
EpicRoka
Scratcher
66 posts

StrixCattus wrote:

EpicRoka wrote:

StrixCattus wrote:

This whole recent discussion kinda has me wanting to make a character too

I've had the thought that an alchemy-based character would be fun, possibly one who can build up a supply of “ingredients” which would be status effects mechanically, and then use them to enhance their abilities or as a prerequisite for some cards. (A card that consumes all “ingredients” and then gives a random selection of “potion” abilities equal to the amount consumed, maybe?)
good idea. im thinking of a plague doctor.
I thought about a plague doctor too (fighting with martial arts/their plague doctor stick), but then I did a bit of research into historical alchemy (strictly, mind, with the intent of finding a name for them from some sort of alchemical term) and one wikipedia-walk later they're now more focused on the search for immortality and blowing things up. (Can't believe I forgot until now that gunpowder was invented from an attempt at making an alchemical elixir… why would I stick to healing and medicine when I could be setting off fireworks in the general direction of the Plaque Warriors)
as a plague doctor form a game once said: the whole world is sick not you
Foxprism
Scratcher
16 posts

Foxprism wrote:

I've started adding STS cards in one of my mods: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/732461195/
Nvm, i'm restarting
StrixCattus
Scratcher
100+ posts

Apfellord wrote:

-snip-

Great to hear that you guys are working together, if you need any help with scripts or modding in something specific, let me know!
How would I create an ability that added new cards directly to the hand? I know there are existing ones like Treasure Chest that add new cards into the draw pile, but I want the new cards to be in the player's hand on the turn they're added.

Generation 3: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

W A L L F I S H
EpicRoka
Scratcher
66 posts

StrixCattus wrote:

Apfellord wrote:

-snip-

Great to hear that you guys are working together, if you need any help with scripts or modding in something specific, let me know!
How would I create an ability that added new cards directly to the hand? I know there are existing ones like Treasure Chest that add new cards into the draw pile, but I want the new cards to be in the player's hand on the turn they're added.
do you want the player to start with it?
ChiefJustice
Scratcher
73 posts

StrixCattus wrote:

Apfellord wrote:

-snip-

What I did is I added the cards to the top (1-X) of the player's draw pile (Battle_DrawPile), and then had them draw that many cards (Script_DrawCardQueue+=X).

Last edited by ChiefJustice (Sept. 17, 2022 12:59:22)

Apfellord
Scratcher
100+ posts

ChiefJustice wrote:

StrixCattus wrote:

What I did is I added the cards to the top (1-X) of the player's draw pile (Battle_DrawPile), and then had them draw that many cards (Script_DrawCardQueue+=X).

There's an easier way to go about this that I haven't talked about yet.
If you want to draw an Ability (from your Draw Pile) or add a specific Ability to your Hand, you use the following two blocks:

As you can see, the “DrawCard_Properties” list items have two digits, the first one is for reducing cost of the drawn ability (can be set to 0-9).
The second digit can only be 0 or 1. If it is set to 1, then the card will always cost 0. (Items like Winged Boots use this)

It's absolutely essential that an item is added to both “DrawCard_Queue” and “DrawCard_Properties”, as the game will only draw/add an ability if both those lists contain the same amount of items.
StrixCattus
Scratcher
100+ posts

Apfellord wrote:

ChiefJustice wrote:

StrixCattus wrote:

There's an easier way to go about this that I haven't talked about yet.
If you want to draw an Ability (from your Draw Pile) or add a specific Ability to your Hand, you use the following two blocks:

As you can see, the “DrawCard_Properties” list items have two digits, the first one is for reducing cost of the drawn ability (can be set to 0-9).
The second digit can only be 0 or 1. If it is set to 1, then the card will always cost 0. (Items like Winged Boots use this)

It's absolutely essential that an item is added to both “DrawCard_Queue” and “DrawCard_Properties”, as the game will only draw/add an ability if both those lists contain the same amount of items.
Thank you!

Generation 3: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

W A L L F I S H
_Kaeya_
Scratcher
1 post

An alchemist character sounds cool. How about a character based on frost abilities?
-NovaTheComic-
Scratcher
12 posts

Hey, I'm looking into modding in a playable Cecil, if anyone could help that would be great!
ChiefJustice
Scratcher
73 posts

-NovaTheComic- wrote:

Hey, I'm looking into modding in a playable Cecil, if anyone could help that would be great!
I'll help. What do you need help with?

EpicRoka
Scratcher
66 posts

-NovaTheComic- wrote:

there is already a mod like that its called monster world: Cecil
StrixCattus
Scratcher
100+ posts

I've gotten back to work on my own mod and I'm preparing to add two cards that clear all the statuses of the player or of an enemy, respectively. I'm assuming (given that Ocumagna does it) there's an easier way than simply having it set each individual entry in the status list to 0?

W A L L F I S H
ChiefJustice
Scratcher
73 posts

I believe if you set the battle_misceffect variable to clearplayerstatus and broadcast battle_activemisceffect that should do it. I may have the specific names wrong or be misremembering.

StrixCattus
Scratcher
100+ posts

ChiefJustice wrote:

I believe if you set the battle_misceffect variable to clearplayerstatus and broadcast battle_activemisceffect that should do it. I may have the specific names wrong or be misremembering.
I've found it! It's not quite that, it's a broadcast specifically set to clear the player's statuses… which means I'll have to take the long way making the second ability lol

W A L L F I S H
Apfellord
Scratcher
100+ posts

StrixCattus wrote:

ChiefJustice wrote:

I've found it! It's not quite that, it's a broadcast specifically set to clear the player's statuses… which means I'll have to take the long way making the second ability lol
Oh noo hahaha

It shouldn't be that much of a problem rewriting the script to also clear monster statuses though. If you need help with anything tho let me know!