Discuss Scratch

Apfellord
Scratcher
100+ posts

Official Monster World modding thread

You can find all status IDs in the stage sprite. I left a comment in there (if you scroll to the right a little) with all the IDs.
Seneheav
Scratcher
17 posts

Right! Thank you!
StrixCattus
Scratcher
100+ posts

Seneheav wrote:

Oh! And a quick question, may I ask how can I find the status's id as in like the ones in the Player_Statuslist
If you go into the Backdrop and scroll right, there's a huge list of every status effect and its numerical ID. If you end up interested in items, there's also a list next to it with every item's ID. When you make a new status effect, just add it to the end of the list so you have a reference. Then you'll have to update the CheckStatusList block in the player and enemy sprites to repeat once more (to have a number of repeats identical to the number of statuses), which will ensure that your status effect can be acknowledged by the game.

Generation 3: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

W A L L F I S H
redcat289
Scratcher
11 posts

Seneheav wrote:

Oh! And a quick question, may I ask how can I find the status's id as in like the ones in the Player_Statuslist
I think it may be in the backdrop
Seneheav
Scratcher
17 posts

OOOOOhhhh!! Thank you to all of you!! I suddenly got a new mod idea— So I was thinking of two characters in one, twins that have opposite elements (e.g. Water and Fire, Shadow and Light etc…) So a battle would start randomly with one character (say shadow), then there would be this one move that flips the entire general deck into the opposite character's deck and character (light) and so on and so forth! And I was thinking there could be lore between the two characters and my current character mod! Since there is a skill in my mod that turns all the cards in the next turn to crow cards (Totally not inspired by the companion on my character's shoulder)

Last edited by Seneheav (Oct. 16, 2023 00:56:04)

-NovaTheComic-
Scratcher
12 posts

Seneheav wrote:

OOOOOhhhh!! Thank you to all of you!! I suddenly got a new mod idea— So I was thinking of two characters in one, twins that have opposite elements (e.g. Water and Fire, Shadow and Light etc…) So a battle would start randomly with one character (say shadow), then there would be this one move that flips the entire general deck into the opposite character's deck and character (light) and so on and so forth!
This sounds really cool, or maybe even something like two mana pools and each character uses a different one? Or maybe every card is 2 sided and has a different effect? Overall this idea is really interesting and I'll definitely mull over it for some time…
Seneheav
Scratcher
17 posts

Seneheav wrote:

OOOOOhhhh!! Thank you to all of you!! I suddenly got a new mod idea— So I was thinking of two characters in one, twins that have opposite elements (e.g. Water and Fire, Shadow and Light etc…) So a battle would start randomly with one character (say shadow), then there would be this one move that flips the entire general deck into the opposite character's deck and character (light) and so on and so forth! And I was thinking there could be lore between the two characters and my current character mod! Since there is a skill in my mod that turns all the cards in the next turn to crow cards (Totally not inspired by the companion on my character's shoulder)

I think I'm going to make this after I finish my current mod!
Seneheav
Scratcher
17 posts

Also, the text in the cards and the cards art/images don't see to be matching up… Would you know the cause of it? Thank you
Seneheav
Scratcher
17 posts

Seneheav wrote:

Also, the text in the cards and the cards art/images don't see to be matching up… Would you know the cause of it? Thank you

I also realized that the new added status effects don't get add when applied to the enemy. I figured/think the reason is because of the clones not running through the entire enemy status list since I now have 60 status effects instead of 46, but I can't find the script… Would anyone know the specific part/script I would need to change in order to solve the problem? Thank you so much.
redcat289
Scratcher
11 posts

Seneheav wrote:

Seneheav wrote:

I also realized that the new added status effects don't get add when applied to the enemy. I figured/think the reason is because of the clones not running through the entire enemy status list since I now have 60 status effects instead of 46, but I can't find the script… Would anyone know the specific part/script I would need to change in order to solve the problem? Thank you so much.
Its in the “Turn Manager” Sprite under the custom block “ResetPlayerStatusList” The list only goes up to 50, it should be fine if you increase it to however many status effects there are now
Seneheav
Scratcher
17 posts

redcat289 wrote:

Seneheav wrote:

Seneheav wrote:

Its in the “Turn Manager” Sprite under the custom block “ResetPlayerStatusList” The list only goes up to 50, it should be fine if you increase it to however many status effects there are now

I did that already. The player side works fine, but not the enemy's side. Like I can apply the status effect to the player just fine but not the enemy if that makes sense.
redcat289
Scratcher
11 posts

Seneheav wrote:

redcat289 wrote:

Seneheav wrote:

Seneheav wrote:

I did that already. The player side works fine, but not the enemy's side. Like I can apply the status effect to the player just fine but not the enemy if that makes sense.
Maybe try the DefineEnemyStats custom block, at the part where its like “Repeat length of Enemy_Status_List” at the very beginning, you could manually change Enemy_Status_List to the number of status effects you add.
Seneheav
Scratcher
17 posts

redcat289 wrote:

Seneheav wrote:

redcat289 wrote:

Seneheav wrote:

Seneheav wrote:

Maybe try the DefineEnemyStats custom block, at the part where its like “Repeat length of Enemy_Status_List” at the very beginning, you could manually change Enemy_Status_List to the number of status effects you add.

Hmmm… It doesn't seem to work
StrixCattus
Scratcher
100+ posts

Seneheav wrote:

redcat289 wrote:

Seneheav wrote:

Seneheav wrote:

For the second issue, it's the CheckStatusList custom block you want to be looking at. There should be a block that says “repeat 46 times” with some code under it, and you want to make it repeat 60 times. This should work for both player and enemy sprites.

For the first, you want to make sure that the card's numerical ID matches the entry in the matching list of card effects/titles/etc. For instance, in my mod the card “Acid Splash” is the 60th Skill, so its ID and the name of its costume in the Cards sprite are S060 and its description text is in the 60th row of the list Script_Skills_CardEffects.

Generation 3: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

W A L L F I S H
Seneheav
Scratcher
17 posts

StrixCattus wrote:

Seneheav wrote:

redcat289 wrote:

Seneheav wrote:

Seneheav wrote:

For the second issue, it's the CheckStatusList custom block you want to be looking at. There should be a block that says “repeat 46 times” with some code under it, and you want to make it repeat 60 times. This should work for both player and enemy sprites.

For the first, you want to make sure that the card's numerical ID matches the entry in the matching list of card effects/titles/etc. For instance, in my mod the card “Acid Splash” is the 60th Skill, so its ID and the name of its costume in the Cards sprite are S060 and its description text is in the 60th row of the list Script_Skills_CardEffects.

I did that already… Tho I think I found the problem! (It lies with the specific application of the status effect— i may or may not have placed the code in the wrong section—)

Second, I'll check that again! The IDs should be correctly named buuuut I might have accidentally switched the order of one or two.

Also, I have a status effect that does not allow the player to play attack cards, any idea how to code it?
redcat289
Scratcher
11 posts

Seneheav wrote:

StrixCattus wrote:

Seneheav wrote:

redcat289 wrote:

Seneheav wrote:

Seneheav wrote:

I did that already… Tho I think I found the problem! (It lies with the specific application of the status effect— i may or may not have placed the code in the wrong section—)

Second, I'll check that again! The IDs should be correctly named buuuut I might have accidentally switched the order of one or two.

Also, I have a status effect that does not allow the player to play attack cards, any idea how to code it?
For the status effect that prevents attack cards, you could find the “activate attack cards” custom block in both the player and enemy sprites and then use an if loop to check for the status effect so the cards only do stuff when you don't have the status effect
Apfellord
Scratcher
100+ posts

I think what Seneheav meant is not letting the Player play the cards in the first place. Here's an idea: you know how Cards with no Target (TargetType 0) can't be dragged out of your hand? You can find the script for this in the “card controls” custom block in the cards sprite. If you add blocks to the if clause that checks whether you can play a card, that should work. Add something like “if not card type = attack and your statuseffect > 0”

Hope this helps
Seneheav
Scratcher
17 posts

Apfellord wrote:

I think what Seneheav meant is not letting the Player play the cards in the first place. Here's an idea: you know how Cards with no Target (TargetType 0) can't be dragged out of your hand? You can find the script for this in the “card controls” custom block in the cards sprite. If you add blocks to the if clause that checks whether you can play a card, that should work. Add something like “if not card type = attack and your statuseffect > 0”

Hope this helps

That really helps! Thank you!
StrixCattus
Scratcher
100+ posts

Thinking about a character that's just a swarm of bugs

They'd have a low starting HP but start each battle with the “Swarm” status effect, which takes a few points of damage, reducing its value, before spilling over into HP. Swarm would also empower or enable most of the character-unique Abilities—maybe it acts similarly to Strength on damaging cards or acts as a consumable for powerful cards.

The starting deck would include a card that increases Swarm and an Attack along the lines of “Deal damage equal to Swarm. This Attack cannot have its damage increased or decreased by any other means.”

W A L L F I S H
Seneheav
Scratcher
17 posts

StrixCattus wrote:

Thinking about a character that's just a swarm of bugs

They'd have a low starting HP but start each battle with the “Swarm” status effect, which takes a few points of damage, reducing its value, before spilling over into HP. Swarm would also empower or enable most of the character-unique Abilities—maybe it acts similarly to Strength on damaging cards or acts as a consumable for powerful cards.

The starting deck would include a card that increases Swarm and an Attack along the lines of “Deal damage equal to Swarm. This Attack cannot have its damage increased or decreased by any other means.”

That sounds really cool! Tho I think maybe also multiplying the swarm status effect every turn or something else would also be interesting?