Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Suggestions
  • » [PLEASE DO NOT PROTEST THE PURPLE] An option in account settings to change the site's theme and navigation bar colour [RSS Feed]
KitStar12
Scratcher
70 posts

[PLEASE DO NOT PROTEST THE PURPLE] An option in account settings to change the site's theme and navigation bar colour

IncognitoOrange wrote:

alphabetlorefan2003 wrote:

Also, why the heck Scratch Wiki even update the Scratch images to purple? That makes the wiki even more ugly as said by Ice Cube
They did it so ppl with poor vision/color blindness could see the site better.
However it's caused more issues for other ppl too :')
yeah. moss-shadow has a problem wit it du to his color blindness

•.,¸,.•*`•.,¸¸,.•*¯╭━━━━╮
•.,¸,.•*¯`•.,¸,.•*¯.|:::::::::: /\___/\
•.,¸,.•*¯`•.,¸,.•* <|::::::::: (。 ●ω●。)
•.,¸,.•*¯`•.,¸,.•*`╰し——し—J
proud WWOSB supporter
#loveIsLove
ctrl+shift+down after highlighting to see my whole siggy
join my map
when I receive [ scratch is alot less toxic]
say [lets party]
play sound [ we are the champions]
set [ happieness] to [10000000000000000]

demiromantic and bi
atheist
g+t and has Adhd

don't be
Transphobic
racist
ablist
sexist
homophbic
minecraft110713
Scratcher
24 posts

[PLEASE DO NOT PROTEST THE PURPLE] An option in account settings to change the site's theme and navigation bar colour

my first time on fourms I guess
Maybe have another option for a medium mode that has grey?

I mean people have blocks in their signature so..
when user @[Minecraft110713 v] is online :: events :: hat
if <Cringe (Detected v)? :: boolean :: sensing> then
AMOGUS :: operators
end
when flag clicked
say (Aa.)
Move (NaN v) Steps :: motion
Stop [the universe as we know it v] :: events :: cap
htfygh :: hat :: extension pen
ihavenocluewhythisis
Scratcher
100+ posts

kenny2scratch wrote:

Gosh, everyone just loves the new SWS features, don't they?

Support for changing header color - but I'd rather have a color picker thing (like the SWS currently has) rather than a text box, as it gives better control over the color (and uses the system's color picker).

python_megapixel wrote:

No support for not being able to edit it when logged out.
Where would the setting be stored when logged out, then?

it can be in basic topbar

this is block army, select THIS and do shift and down to see the rest of my signature

:) :: hat looks
this is launcher, they are the same color as the top of the page, they LOVE clinging onto stuff.
I'll let pointy continue with this stuff
<yay!>
._. :: grey
<This is grey, they protect the posts from copiers. (the evil kumquats don't attack this signature cuz barrier! :: operators)>
<vari can you just wait? (oh sorry. :: operators)>
'v' :: pen
<this is liney, they created and fix the barrier>
./' :: control
<THE END IS NEVER THE END IS NEVER THE END IS NEVER THE END IS NEVER...>
:) :: looks hat
Sorry about that mishap, anyway this is glitch, he can glitch grey out of the barrier to get those copiers.
he sometimes glitches kumquats in tho
<DOES HE REALLY, BLOCKY?>
yes he does pointy
and now vari!
(can blocky be with me? I hate being alone. :: operators)
just wait ok?.
(:| :: operators)
<this is vari, vari can fit in just about anywhere>
you forgot they can just remove kumquats
(I did not even know I could do that! :: operators)
this is linked to vari
forever
if <touching [evil kumquat v] ?> then
set [kumquat juices v] to (evil kumquats inside barrier :: operators) :: operators
set [evil kumquats inside barrier v] to [0] :: operators
end
end
<so THATS where our kumquat juice comes from!>
(I thought they always found a new signature! :: operators)
yeah that is impressive
(I brought this one in! :: operators)
when green flag clicked :: cap
wait what!? :: looks hat
WHAT. IS.THAT. <WHAT. IS. THAT.>
(its a green flag cap block, it was all alone and abandoned. :: operators)

ⓗⓗⓗⓗ
ⓣⓣⓣⓣ
ⓣⓣⓣⓣ
ⓟⓟⓟⓟ
*scratchblock metropolis being built*
if you found this click the link signature guide
banana439monkey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ihavenocluewhythisis wrote:

(#1665)

kenny2scratch wrote:

Gosh, everyone just loves the new SWS features, don't they?

Support for changing header color - but I'd rather have a color picker thing (like the SWS currently has) rather than a text box, as it gives better control over the color (and uses the system's color picker).

python_megapixel wrote:

No support for not being able to edit it when logged out.
Where would the setting be stored when logged out, then?

it can be in basic topbar
or just adopt user's system theme

Banana

Banana
——————————————————————————–

Very inactive user who has now become a maker.
If you reply to this post it would be greatly appreciated if you could comment the link to your post on my profile!!!

starlightsparker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

banana439monkey wrote:

KJRYoshi07 wrote:

SUPPORT!
This would make things look better and there would be more individuality.
Would you be able to change the taskbar colour in the dark theme, though?
Because I think navy blue would look awesome with the dark theme.
No. Maybe? I don't know Probably would look ugly if you had red in dark theme, as I tried when using inspect element. That homepage sure is hard to recognise.

Banana
Why people should have the ability to? I’d like purple navbar in dark theme

✮˚. ᵎᵎ ?彡⋆。˚ starlight !! * ੈ✩‧₊˚ ✧˖° female !! ⋆。°✩ they.them !!‧˚₊ muslim !!✶ .ᐟ
︶꒦꒷order at star's cafe! served w/ love꒷꒦︶
star's cafe is a store to order banners, pfps, and more!
(rounded) 1000th post | (actual) 1000th post | first post
~ pakistani muslim ~ ~ born in arabia ~ palestine supporter! ~
stop the Islam hate!useful custom blockslatest projectcomment herePython Learning History
Scratch inspired me to want to become a programmer when i grow up. I plan on learning python :>
banana439monkey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

starlightsparker wrote:

(#1667)

banana439monkey wrote:

KJRYoshi07 wrote:

SUPPORT!
This would make things look better and there would be more individuality.
Would you be able to change the taskbar colour in the dark theme, though?
Because I think navy blue would look awesome with the dark theme.
No. Maybe? I don't know Probably would look ugly if you had red in dark theme, as I tried when using inspect element. That homepage sure is hard to recognise.

Banana
Why people should have the ability to? I’d like purple navbar in dark theme
in retrospect i don't think that was a good idea, six years on i think giving freedom is better

Banana

Banana

If you reply to this post it would be greatly appreciated if you could comment the link to your post on my profile!!!

Zack_39450
Scratcher
100+ posts

what is happening??? Also support because I wanna change it to blue purple sucks and (JOKE PART) I wanna burn the color purple.

I am Noobie, nice to meet ya. If you swear on scratch YOU WILL GET MUTED.
You like scratch? Me too! We all love scratch!
Anyways, I am Noobie, Noobie the Noob! I hope you have a good time on scratch.
If you mass report that message is a lie because we don’t like mass reporters.
Here’s a tip,
Don’t steal my stuff.
OR YOU’RE GONNA GET THE REPORT PUNCHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
banana439monkey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Zack_39450 wrote:

(#1669)
what is happening???
???

Banana

Banana

KitStar12
Scratcher
70 posts

Zack_39450 wrote:

what is happening???
lol thats my question

•.,¸,.•*`•.,¸¸,.•*¯╭━━━━╮
•.,¸,.•*¯`•.,¸,.•*¯.|:::::::::: /\___/\
•.,¸,.•*¯`•.,¸,.•* <|::::::::: (。 ●ω●。)
•.,¸,.•*¯`•.,¸,.•*`╰し——し—J
proud WWOSB supporter
#loveIsLove
ctrl+shift+down after highlighting to see my whole siggy
join my map
when I receive [ scratch is alot less toxic]
say [lets party]
play sound [ we are the champions]
set [ happieness] to [10000000000000000]

demiromantic and bi
atheist
g+t and has Adhd

don't be
Transphobic
racist
ablist
sexist
homophbic
Cookiebuns
Scratcher
99 posts

then close the forum and make a new one

(edit: wait that made no sense)

(edit 2: i was replying to:

Boss_1s wrote:

Cookiebuns wrote:

i can't keep coming back here to tell everyone to get on topic
Well I really don't know what else to say, pretty much everything that pertains to this has been discussed
)

Last edited by Cookiebuns (May 6, 2024 17:04:36)

ㅤ/l、ㅤmeow
(゚、 。7
ㅤl、゙~ヽ
ㅤじしf_, )ノ
PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cookiebuns wrote:

(#1672)
That won't be necessary since there is already a forum for this.

Hello! Welcome to my signature!

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Profile | Ocular | ScratchStats | PostPercent | GitHub Main | Snap!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

I forgor my account password to give an internet ☠

I’ve been a Scratcher since 2021!

My glorious meme section (scroll down to see more)

Cookiebuns
Scratcher
99 posts

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

Cookiebuns wrote:

(#1672)
i'm unfollowing this forum… don't reply to this

ㅤ/l、ㅤmeow
(゚、 。7
ㅤl、゙~ヽ
ㅤじしf_, )ノ
BionicBoy554
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think this is a win-win for everyone, the people who have trouble seeing can change the colors to see better for themselves, while the people who want scratch to stay blue can revert it to that color

I specialize in animating fight collabs. I've entered the ‘decent’ stage.

A couple of studios I’m in:

A kumquat ate my productivity.
alphabetlorefan2003
Scratcher
100+ posts

BionicBoy554 wrote:

I think this is a win-win for everyone, the people who have trouble seeing can change the colors to see better for themselves, while the people who want scratch to stay blue can revert it to that color
It will not be a win-win if the default color is still purple

Hi! My name is alphabetlorefan2003 or ALF2003 for short!
I have an OC, named Й and it's like the letter from RALR but it has only 1 eye and the mouth has 2 tendrils.
My favorite color is red and my second favorite color is blue as you can see in the text.

BLOCK ARMY (Created in March 27 2024):
((0) + (0) + (0) + (0) :: operators) // This is Zero Two, an upgraded version of Zero with his skills to protect from evil kumquats but can also crush evil kumquats with his Gullible on the ceiling skill where he tells the kumquats there is the word "Gullible" on the ceiling and then the kumquats gets crushed by Zero Two

define Bumper
if <(current [hour v]) > [23]> then {
set [blur and bump v] effect to (100) :: cap
stop [the inactivity v]
} :: cap :: control

Bumper ::cap // This is Bumper, She bumps my topics when necessary. She also have some skills at fighting since Zero and Zero Two taught her.

UwU :: hat // This is Gullibleyee, He helps me doing Scratch Projects

when green flag clicked :: cap // This is Cap Green Flag, he is Zero Two's assistant because he starts a green flag at the end of a script which would make the evil kumquats crumble because the script is repeated over and over again.

when [wasd v] key pressed :: stack // This is Stack WASD, he is Cap Green Flag's assistant

when green flag clicked
say [I am very confused about Snap!] for (2) secs
visit [https://snapwiki.miraheze.org/] :: sensing
for each ((item :: variables) :: list) in (list [blocks] [features] [and others] :: list) {
think [hmm...] for (2) secs
say (join [I now know about] (item :: variables) [.] :: operators)
wait (0.5) secs
} :: list
say [That clears some things up.] for (2) secs :: cap
Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)
BigNate469
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BionicBoy554 wrote:

But if you can change it to whatever you want? Besides, in the title it says “PLEASE DO NOT PROTEST THE PURPLE”.
Also, I support. I'm not a huge fan of the purple, but I support why the ST changed it. Having the ability to change it back to blue for me would be nice, although I can live without.

Last edited by BigNate469 (May 6, 2024 23:44:08)

Highlight any part of this signature and press ctrl+shift+down arrow to see the rest of it
forever
if <person asks [what's a signature] :: sensing> then
Redirect to [https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Signature] :: motion
end
end
Please read the list of Officially Rejected Suggestions before posting a suggestion for Scratch! 100th post
This signature is designed to be as helpful as possible.
View all of the topics you've posted in:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/search/?action=show_user&show_as=topics
View all of your posts:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/search/?action=show_user&show_as=posts
Forum tips:
Don't post in topics where the latest post is over ~2 months old, unless you have something critical to add. Especially in topics that are several years old- it isn't helpful, and is known as necroposting.
Don't post unrelated things in topics, including questions of your own. Make a new topic for your questions.
You can use the
 [color=color name or hexadecimal value here] and [/color] 
tags to color text.
Lesser-known Scratch URLs:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/PROJECT ID HERE/remixtree (replace “PROJECT ID HERE” with project id number. Shows all the remixes of the project, and the remixes of those projects, and the remixes of those projects, and so on, as a chart. Link currently redirects to one of my projects)
View a larger list at: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/542480/
Why @Paddle2See's responses are so often identical: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/762351/
1000th post
sonic__fan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BionicBoy554 wrote:

Why? It's a win-win because the people who like the purple have it, and the people who don't like the purple can change it to whatever they want.

This is my signature. It is not a part of this post and it appears under every post I make.
Sonic Says
Every world has its end. I know that's kinda sad, but, that's why we have to live life to the fullest in the time we have. At least… that's what I figure.
Hey there, I'm sonic__fan. I just look for good suggestions to add to Scratch.
TECHNOBLADE NEVER DIES
banana439monkey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cookiebuns wrote:

(#1674)

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

Cookiebuns wrote:

(#1672)
i'm unfollowing this forum… don't reply to this
i don't think anyone cares if you follow this topic or not…

Banana

Banana

jackson49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sonic__fan wrote:

BionicBoy554 wrote:

Why? It's a win-win because the people who like the purple have it, and the people who don't like the purple can change it to whatever they want.
That’s entirely true. Although this solution may not be perfect, it’s better than the status quo.

I’m starting to doubt that this suggestion has any real chance of getting implemented, though. If it was going to happen, it would have happened by now. Plus, Scratch Team engineers are typically reluctant to add niche features like this, especially if they require a lot of work to implement (which would likely be the case with this suggestion).

Who knows, though. It’s certainly still worth discussing.

Last edited by jackson49 (May 11, 2024 01:50:23)

PC LOAD LETTER

;
banana439monkey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jackson49 wrote:

(#1680)

sonic__fan wrote:

BionicBoy554 wrote:

That’s entirely true. Although this solution may not be perfect, it’s better than the status quo.

I’m starting to doubt that this suggestion has any real chance of getting implemented, though. If it was going to happen, it would have happened by now. Plus, Scratch Team engineers are typically reluctant to add niche features like this, especially if they require a lot of work to implement (which would likely be the case with this suggestion).

1. is this really niche? i think most people, if not everyone, has supported the suggestion or contributed to it in some constructive way. besides, this topic was stickied in june/july last year
2. development takes time. scratch on its own is incredibly unstable. right now i don't think fpc, featured studios or featured projects work on the front page. the forums seem to fail more often than i hear my ex create another downfall for herself. the scratch team seems to be operating on a skeleton crew and funding is tight, especially in this economy
3. not gonna lie it's funny how we defaulted to this being the solution to a community caused problem, even though this solution was initially “a nice touch” that was suggested all the way back in 2018 lol

Banana

Banana

mumu245
Scratcher
1000+ posts

banana439monkey wrote:

(#1681)

jackson49 wrote:

(#1680)

sonic__fan wrote:

BionicBoy554 wrote:

1. is this really niche? i think most people, if not everyone, has supported the suggestion or contributed to it in some constructive way. besides, this topic was stickied in june/july last year
2. development takes time. scratch on its own is incredibly unstable. right now i don't think fpc, featured studios or featured projects work on the front page. the forums seem to fail more often than i hear my ex create another downfall for herself. the scratch team seems to be operating on a skeleton crew and funding is tight, especially in this economy
3. not gonna lie it's funny how we defaulted to this being the solution to a community caused problem, even though this solution was initially “a nice touch” that was suggested all the way back in 2018 lol

Banana
Also, this may require adding database columns, which requires a migration. That's going to be hard – it's hard to migrate a 10-user app, what about an app with 130k users?! That being said, I still support.

select this text then press Ctrl+Shift+Down to read more
  • Discussion Forums
  • » Suggestions
  • » [PLEASE DO NOT PROTEST THE PURPLE] An option in account settings to change the site's theme and navigation bar colour [RSS Feed]