Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Suggestions
  • » [PLEASE DO NOT PROTEST THE PURPLE] An option in account settings to change the site's theme and navigation bar colour [RSS Feed]
Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[PLEASE DO NOT PROTEST THE PURPLE] An option in account settings to change the site's theme and navigation bar colour

Support. It looks cool!

banana439monkey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[PLEASE DO NOT PROTEST THE PURPLE] An option in account settings to change the site's theme and navigation bar colour

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

Support. It looks cool!
Wow, I never thought my inspect element skills were that good.

Banana

Banana
——————————————————————————–

Very inactive user who has now become a maker.
If you reply to this post it would be greatly appreciated if you could comment the link to your post on my profile!!!

stickfiregames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support for a dark theme/night mode. Recolouring the top bar would also be cool but less useful, so semi-support.

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!

or you just used Inspect Element, you hacker

;
banana439monkey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bomp

Banana

Banana

If you reply to this post it would be greatly appreciated if you could comment the link to your post on my profile!!!

ma15fo43
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support.

No longer active on Scratch, I build stuff with TypeScript and Kotlin nowadays. (#3 all-time poster in French forums)
KJRYoshi07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ma15fo43 wrote:

Support.
Why do you support?

moved accounts lol
banana439monkey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KJRYoshi07 wrote:

ma15fo43 wrote:

Support.
Why do you support?
Why not?

Banana

Banana

banana439monkey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

Banana

Banana

Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I don't think the account settings is a good place to put the option because there aren't any other options like it on that page

Fortunately the current design of Scratch 3.0 seems to share the same navigation bar style as the rest of the new website, so perhaps the option could be accessed through the editor. Additionally, I believe they want to at least support a dark theme and a high contrast mode in the editor, so perhaps those settings could affect the rest of the website.

There should also be an option for a high contrast mode.

banana439monkey wrote:

KJRYoshi07 wrote:

ma15fo43 wrote:

Support.
Why do you support?
Why not?

Banana
It's not constructive otherwise; not providing a reason for a support shows that they haven't read the Stickies.

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
banana439monkey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

Banana

Banana

Bla-Games
Scratcher
100+ posts

I honestly think this is a great idea. Oh how I'd love a purple header. Anyways, I'm sure some ATer would generate a user script to have a rainbow changing header. I'd love to see that. Or, just have that built in. So, full support.

Give me an internet! I only have 3 as of April 8th, 2018.
oh, kumquats attacked. failure endured. I have hired him to protect me. x_x
Generation 380: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
banana439monkey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

Banana

Banana

banana439monkey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sheep_maker wrote:

I don't think the account settings is a good place to put the option because there aren't any other options like it on that page

Fortunately the current design of Scratch 3.0 seems to share the same navigation bar style as the rest of the new website, so perhaps the option could be accessed through the editor. Additionally, I believe they want to at least support a dark theme and a high contrast mode in the editor, so perhaps those settings could affect the rest of the website.

There should also be an option for a high contrast mode.

banana439monkey wrote:

KJRYoshi07 wrote:

ma15fo43 wrote:

Support.
Why do you support?
Why not?

Banana
It's not constructive otherwise; not providing a reason for a support shows that they haven't read the Stickies.
Oh, hello. Never spotted you there.

Firstly, yeah, but where else? The wiki has it on the preferences page.

Secondly, point.

Thirdly, righty.

Banana

Banana

banana439monkey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BOMP

Banana

Banana

banana439monkey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

Banana

Banana

banana439monkey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bla-Games wrote:

I honestly think this is a great idea. Oh how I'd love a purple header. Anyways, I'm sure some ATer would generate a user script to have a rainbow changing header. I'd love to see that. Or, just have that built in. So, full support.
Oh, right. Anyway, that script would never get implemented in Scratch.

Banana

Banana

KJRYoshi07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

banana439monkey wrote:

bump

Banana
Why do you write banana on everything?

moved accounts lol
python_megapixel
Scratcher
500+ posts

banana439monkey wrote:

But it's in account settings. How do you expect to be able to edit that stuff logged out?
By putting the option somewhere other than the account settings

MediaWiki doesn't allow it, so why should we?
Why does Scratch have to be the same as MediaWiki?

Last edited by python_megapixel (April 17, 2018 14:19:04)

pythonmegapixel he/him or they/them
I have nothing else to put here for now
KidoftheEnder45
Scratcher
1000+ posts

(removed by moderator - please don't name browser extensions)

Last edited by spectre_specs (Aug. 20, 2023 21:41:46)

LuckyLucky7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

(removed by moderator - please don't name browser extensions)

Last edited by spectre_specs (Aug. 20, 2023 21:41:59)

I have about 3450 posts, 90 shared projects, 180 total created/followed topics, and 425 followers.

• Discussion Forums
  • » Suggestions
  • » [PLEASE DO NOT PROTEST THE PURPLE] An option in account settings to change the site's theme and navigation bar colour [RSS Feed]