Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Suggestions
  • » [PLEASE DO NOT PROTEST THE PURPLE] An option in account settings to change the site's theme and navigation bar colour [RSS Feed]
alphabetlorefan2003
Scratcher
100+ posts

[PLEASE DO NOT PROTEST THE PURPLE] An option in account settings to change the site's theme and navigation bar colour

fluffygamer_ wrote:

alphabetlorefan2003 wrote:

snip
Ahemm… What about all the people who are color-blind and don't have an account?
Is your response just going to be: To bad To sad?
They can just go to the settings and set purple to default
Also, the settings will be available to anyone who don't have an account or have one, it's just located in the nav bar if they don't have an account or in Account settings when they are logged in

Last edited by alphabetlorefan2003 (May 15, 2024 09:07:13)

Hi! My name is alphabetlorefan2003 or ALF2003 for short!
I have an OC, named Й and it's like the letter from RALR but it has only 1 eye and the mouth has 2 tendrils.
My favorite color is red and my second favorite color is blue as you can see in the text.

BLOCK ARMY (Created in March 27 2024):
((0) + (0) + (0) + (0) :: operators) // This is Zero Two, an upgraded version of Zero with his skills to protect from evil kumquats but can also crush evil kumquats with his Gullible on the ceiling skill where he tells the kumquats there is the word "Gullible" on the ceiling and then the kumquats gets crushed by Zero Two

define Bumper
if <(current [hour v]) > [23]> then {
set [blur and bump v] effect to (100) :: cap
stop [the inactivity v]
} :: cap :: control

Bumper ::cap // This is Bumper, She bumps my topics when necessary. She also have some skills at fighting since Zero and Zero Two taught her.

UwU :: hat // This is Gullibleyee, He helps me doing Scratch Projects

when green flag clicked :: cap // This is Cap Green Flag, he is Zero Two's assistant because he starts a green flag at the end of a script which would make the evil kumquats crumble because the script is repeated over and over again.

when [wasd v] key pressed :: stack // This is Stack WASD, he is Cap Green Flag's assistant

when green flag clicked
say [I am very confused about Snap!] for (2) secs
visit [https://snapwiki.miraheze.org/] :: sensing
for each ((item :: variables) :: list) in (list [blocks] [features] [and others] :: list) {
think [hmm...] for (2) secs
say (join [I now know about] (item :: variables) [.] :: operators)
wait (0.5) secs
} :: list
say [That clears some things up.] for (2) secs :: cap
Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[PLEASE DO NOT PROTEST THE PURPLE] An option in account settings to change the site's theme and navigation bar colour

Bringing this topic up.

Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
alphabetlorefan2003
Scratcher
100+ posts

medians wrote:

Bringing this topic up.
It's not even 24 hours inactive

Hi! My name is alphabetlorefan2003 or ALF2003 for short!
I have an OC, named Й and it's like the letter from RALR but it has only 1 eye and the mouth has 2 tendrils.
My favorite color is red and my second favorite color is blue as you can see in the text.

BLOCK ARMY (Created in March 27 2024):
((0) + (0) + (0) + (0) :: operators) // This is Zero Two, an upgraded version of Zero with his skills to protect from evil kumquats but can also crush evil kumquats with his Gullible on the ceiling skill where he tells the kumquats there is the word "Gullible" on the ceiling and then the kumquats gets crushed by Zero Two

define Bumper
if <(current [hour v]) > [23]> then {
set [blur and bump v] effect to (100) :: cap
stop [the inactivity v]
} :: cap :: control

Bumper ::cap // This is Bumper, She bumps my topics when necessary. She also have some skills at fighting since Zero and Zero Two taught her.

UwU :: hat // This is Gullibleyee, He helps me doing Scratch Projects

when green flag clicked :: cap // This is Cap Green Flag, he is Zero Two's assistant because he starts a green flag at the end of a script which would make the evil kumquats crumble because the script is repeated over and over again.

when [wasd v] key pressed :: stack // This is Stack WASD, he is Cap Green Flag's assistant

when green flag clicked
say [I am very confused about Snap!] for (2) secs
visit [https://snapwiki.miraheze.org/] :: sensing
for each ((item :: variables) :: list) in (list [blocks] [features] [and others] :: list) {
think [hmm...] for (2) secs
say (join [I now know about] (item :: variables) [.] :: operators)
wait (0.5) secs
} :: list
say [That clears some things up.] for (2) secs :: cap
Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)
alwayspaytaxes
Scratcher
100+ posts

stop making the default color purple, If you are logged out, the blue is the default color, and when creating a new account, it will ask “Are you colorblind or not?” And if you select No, the blue is the default color and if you select yes, the purple is the default color and all existing accounts will have blue by default and you can select the defaults later in the settings which can be accessed when logged in or out. This is one of the only ways to make the Scratch Dark Age end
Womp womp. If you like the previous blue so much, it couldn't possibly be that hard to set it back to blue from the settings, or maybe even a cooler color like semi-dark orange

Also it couldn't possibly be so hard for Scratch to scale after adding an optional 6-letter hexcode field.. maybe if you tested it out with staging or smth before actually putting it in production?

-\{:)_/-

play sound [bad to the bone riff.wav v]
Aaliyah_Newlands
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support, it would be cool to see your favourite colours around on Scratch.

A junior Scratch user that seems rude-
triggeredcup
Scratcher
32 posts

bump! also SUPPORT! ᗜˬᗜ

-triggeredcup
when green flag clicked
broadcast [this current message v] and wait
wait (3) secs
stop [waiting v]
when I receive [impatience v]
set [patience v] to [nonexistence]
BobTheBananu
Scratcher
100+ posts

fluffygamer_ wrote:

-snip-
Also, the settings will be available to anyone who don't have an account or have one, it's just located in the nav bar if they don't have an account or in Account settings when they are logged in
I think the ST is not going to change the default color back to blue, no matter how much anyone complains. This does give a great idea (even if it's a bit more to implement), though, of making the settings stored locally when logged out and on the cloud when logged in.

Last edited by BobTheBananu (May 16, 2024 02:40:32)

Discuss the My Stuff Bug | Info on the My Stuff Bug | Text Version of My Stuff
I've been pretty active in Bugs and Glitches recently, so I might as well put this here:
banana439monkey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

(#1702)
…no they can't

Banana

Banana
——————————————————————————–

Very inactive user who has now become a maker.
If you reply to this post it would be greatly appreciated if you could comment the link to your post on my profile!!!

mrsrec
Scratcher
500+ posts

banana439monkey wrote:

(#1702)
…no they can't

Banana
I think alphabetlorefan2003 means that they would be able to if this idea is added
WallydogChoppychop
Scratcher
500+ posts

mrsrec wrote:

banana439monkey wrote:

(#1702)
…no they can't

Banana
I think alphabetlorefan2003 means that they would be able to if this idea is added
Yes but it would be quite hard to navigate, since they are color-blind. Something someone needs is more important than your convenience.

Haha baby steps
500th Post
Kumquats are tasty
I started scratch in 2.0
Is that a rare thing?
SOME ONE TELL ME
(Removed by moderator - Please don't show disturbing images of kumquats)

I'm asleep like all the time…
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

WallydogChoppychop wrote:

mrsrec wrote:

banana439monkey wrote:

(#1702)
…no they can't

Banana
Yes but it would be quite hard to navigate, since they are color-blind. Something someone needs is more important than your convenience.
I am confused, you mean like people with monochromacy or tritanopia with links?

Last edited by medians (May 24, 2024 13:22:11)

Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
;
MythosLore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

medians wrote:

People who can't see blue.

If the default color was blue again, colorblind people wouldn't be able to go to Account settings and change it, because they wouldn't be able to see the Account settings button.
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MythosLore wrote:

medians wrote:

People who can't see blue.

If the default color was blue again, colorblind people wouldn't be able to go to Account settings and change it, because they wouldn't be able to see the Account settings button.
Please give context, what page did the original post with purple being default come from?
The colorblind people also would be able to go to account settings.. that's not exactly how colorblindness works

Last edited by medians (May 24, 2024 13:28:01)

i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
;
MythosLore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

medians wrote:

The colorblind people also would be able to go to account settings.. that's not exactly how colorblindness works
That's what the post was trying to say though.

medians wrote:

Please give context, what page did the original post with purple being default come from?
The OP says default will be purple, but someone on this page said it should be blue.
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MythosLore wrote:

medians wrote:

That's what the post was trying to say though.

medians wrote:

The OP says default will be purple, but someone on this page said it should be blue.
Oh, I was confused because I thought this guy meant that the default was purple in account settings, and I did not understand (I only found his post later)
Also no, they would be able to navigate fine, so I don't understand what that post means.

i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
;
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

medians wrote:

Bringing this topic up.

i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
;
mast3rcoder
Scratcher
37 posts

Ok so about the “Use extensions” part,
I can't use extensions on Amazon Silk.
ValleyseaGuineaPig
Scratcher
9 posts

SUPPORT!
Thanks for suggesting this
I would love to just have scratch be green or teal for a day, or maybe sometimes just god 'ol classic blue <3
It would be so fun to change the style of scratch for a holiday, too, like green for St. Patricks day or orange for halloween. Also light and dark modes! Yes! What a great suggestion!
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

medians wrote:

Bringing this topic up.

i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
;
CutieKittie186
Scratcher
3 posts

I also want to point out Is there a chance that we can get a when stop sign clicked block? That would make it easier for thumbnails Thank you! Scratch team is cool
  • Discussion Forums
  • » Suggestions
  • » [PLEASE DO NOT PROTEST THE PURPLE] An option in account settings to change the site's theme and navigation bar colour [RSS Feed]