Discuss Scratch

makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

bobcat0701 wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

1.) the two extensions don't exist anymore and so the pages are more historical archives
The first one does exist. Proof I use it.

Ah well my quick google search didn't seem to stumble across that link. My apologies
Programmmeister2
Scratcher
32 posts

dandamaker7500 wrote:

Supermariofan432 wrote:

jvvg wrote:

dandamaker7500 wrote:

What happens if your account “Glitches” and messed around with your acount?.Won't the privacy scratch team sort it out?
Please make a new topic for this question, as this isn't really related to the Wiki.
or they shold make a page for this
fnf got noting do do with that
What do you mean with fnf
LG Programmeister2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Programmmeister2 wrote:

-snip-
What do you mean with fnf
-snip-
Friday Night Funkin'

Inspired by coder2045—which, in turn, got inspired by Mr_PenguinAlex.
What's wrong with these blocks? There are zero mistakes because no round has started yet. Beware that some of the mistakes don't relate to the Scratch blocks below.
// No round has started yet.
Be the first to comment all of the mistakes on my profile correctly and you'll get a love! You can't comment any mistakes right now because there are none!
NanasJax
Scratcher
3 posts

Can you make a page for how tom make a 3D SCP GAME plz?
TheGlassPenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NanasJax wrote:

From what I’ve heard, SCP is a horror series, and I don’t think that the ST would be happy with us making a horror game tutorial. We also had a similar suggestion to make a Friday Night Funkin’ tutorial that was rejected, so I believe the same will happen here.

However, we do have a 3D project tutorial if you’re still interested in making a 3D game.

Last edited by TheGlassPenguin (May 12, 2021 20:27:29)

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheGlassPenguin wrote:

NanasJax wrote:

From what I’ve heard, SCP is a horror series, and I don’t think that the ST would be happy with us making a horror game tutorial. We also had a similar suggestion to make a Friday Night Funkin’ tutorial that was rejected, so I believe the same will happen here.

However, we do have a 3D project tutorial if you’re still interested in making a 3D game.
That, and even if it weren't a horror franchise, that's too specific a type of project to get a tutorial on the Wiki.

Professional web developer and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
KangaCoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hey, I just thought of this, but why does this go in QaS? I mean, yes, the Wiki does answer lots and lots of questions, but this Portal doesn't really seem like it really fits here. It is a place where Scratchers can ask questions about the Wiki, but also:

kenny2scratch wrote:

• Constructive criticism on how the Wiki can improve (e.g. “I think this could be better like this” or “you're missing something here”)

don't feed the trolls. feed yourself pizza cupcakez .[1] [2] [3] [4]

KangaCoder • [he/him] • kæŋɡəˈ koʊdər

Random Fun Facts: Male, Christian, US resident, EST time zone, Ravenclaw, likes Math and Science, learning German, knows HTML, Python and Java, loves chocolate, favorite color, possibly a kangaroo
On the Main Site: Experienced Wikian, Camp Counselor, SWC Reviewer, SDS Helper, Forum Helper
On the Forums: 2.65K+ forum posts
Project Ideas Directory 6.0 - need a project idea? Check it out!
Check out some weird and cool Scratch pages!
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wangat wrote:

Hey, I just thought of this, but why does this go in QaS? I mean, yes, the Wiki does answer lots and lots of questions, but this Portal doesn't really seem like it really fits here. It is a place where Scratchers can ask questions about the Wiki, but also:

kenny2scratch wrote:

• Constructive criticism on how the Wiki can improve (e.g. “I think this could be better like this” or “you're missing something here”)
There isn't really a better forum for it, so we chose QaS since it fits here as well as anywhere else.

Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
KaRodriguez_Remix
Scratcher
94 posts

It's Wiki Wednesday!
(Reminder)

Scratch rules!
~~~~
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KaRodriguez_Remix wrote:

It's Wiki Wednesday!
(Reminder)
Wiki Wednesday is on the last Wednesday of each month, so the next one will be May 26.

JaTowxyz
Scratcher
15 posts

ok
The_5th_Scratcher
Scratcher
100+ posts

Are april fools pages only available to be made on April 1st, or can a person create one afterwards? If it can be, how do you make an april fools page?

Last edited by The_5th_Scratcher (May 13, 2021 17:35:36)

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
Sorry, you have to wait 60 seconds between posts. | I'm on the scratch wiki! | Naming Scripts | Var Sensing | Tracing Shop | Fifth's Adventure

Winston Churchill said:
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

The 5th Scratcher
User #62532525, Cat Owner, Minecrafter, much more…

This is my current profile pic!

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The_5th_Scratcher wrote:

Are april fools pages only available to be made on April 1st, or can a person create one afterwards? If it can be, how do you make an april fools page?
Any Wiki contributor can create one at any time. In fact, it's recommended to create them throughout the year so they're ready for April Fools' Day.

To make one, create a page at “Scratch Wiki:April Fools/NAME OF ORIGINAL PAGE” (for example, “Scratch Wiki:April Fools/Paint Editor”). On the original page, put “{{April Fools}}” at the top, and on the April Fools page put “{{AF}}” at the top. Also please read the April Fools' Day rules.

Example:

Page: Paint Editor
{{April Fools}}{{featured|December|2020}}
{{External Programs}}
{{other version|3.0|2.0|1.4}}
[[File:Vector Editor.png|350px|thumb|The '''Vector Editor''']]
[[File:Bitmap Editor.png|350px|thumb|The '''Bitmap Editor''']]
The '''Paint Editor''' is [[Scratch]]'s built-in image editor. Many [[Scratcher]]s create their own [[sprite]]s and [[backdrops]] using it...

Page: Scratch Wiki:April Fools/Paint Editor
{{AF}}[[File:Bitmap Editor.png|400px|thumb|The '''Vector Editor''']]
[[File:Vector Editor.png|400px|thumb|The '''Bitmap Editor''']]
The '''paint editor''' in [[Scratch]] is a tool for drawing terrible graphics, and is good at stealing copyrighted and illegal material...

mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Costume uses an out to date image. https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/File:Camera.png
There is no way to do this anymore.
https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/File:New_Costume.png is out to date too, again, camera got removed.

Last edited by mybearworld (May 13, 2021 21:52:06)

Signatures are the only place where assets links still work.
mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

And another thing about the removal of the camera feature, Costume Pane#Layout at the end says:
"At the bottom of the costume pane is a menu which appears by hovering over the blue cat icon. There are five options for creating a new costume (in order top to bottom): Camera, Upload Costume, Surprise, Paint, and Choose a Costume. "
That would have to be fixed too.

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mybearworld wrote:

Costume uses an out to date image. https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/File:Camera.png
There is no way to do this anymore.
Updated.

mybearworld wrote:

https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/File:New_Costume.png is out to date too, again, camera got removed.
Updated.

mybearworld wrote:

And another thing about the removal of the camera feature, Costume Pane#Layout at the end says:
"At the bottom of the costume pane is a menu which appears by hovering over the blue cat icon. There are five options for creating a new costume (in order top to bottom): Camera, Upload Costume, Surprise, Paint, and Choose a Costume. "
That would have to be fixed too.
Updated.

Scratcher
1000+ posts

mybearworld wrote:

-snip-
There should be a transparent background and crop.

What's wrong with these blocks? There are zero mistakes because no round has started yet. Beware that some of the mistakes don't relate to the Scratch blocks below.
Be the first to comment all of the mistakes on my profile correctly and you'll get a love! You can't comment any mistakes right now because there are none!
mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

46009361 wrote:

[View post]

mybearworld wrote:

-snip-
I don't think that's too important.

Scratcher
1000+ posts

mybearworld wrote:

46009361 wrote:

[View post]

mybearworld wrote:

-snip-
I don't think that's too important.
But, it was there in the old version of the file!

KangaCoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Isn't this month's Wiki Wednesday (hehe play on tags) gonna be the 60th one?

don't feed the trolls. feed yourself pizza cupcakez .[1] [2] [3] [4]

KangaCoder • [he/him] • kæŋɡəˈ koʊdər

Random Fun Facts: Male, Christian, US resident, EST time zone, Ravenclaw, likes Math and Science, learning German, knows HTML, Python and Java, loves chocolate, favorite color, possibly a kangaroo
On the Main Site: Experienced Wikian, Camp Counselor, SWC Reviewer, SDS Helper, Forum Helper
On the Forums: 2.65K+ forum posts
Project Ideas Directory 6.0 - need a project idea? Check it out!
Check out some weird and cool Scratch pages!