Discuss Scratch

RosyStar
Scratcher
10 posts

Browser Extension/Userscript Policy

pokescience wrote:

ZDUDE9 wrote:

Hold on a second… Does this mean I have to delete isOnline?
Probably, now it’s against the terms of service
No you do not
Surpeedude
Scratcher
38 posts

I wish this didn't have to happen. I like telling my people about ####### (Can't say it), so I'm sad to see my crown for it go away.

Girly-ish-Tomboy2046 wrote:

I fully understand this.
When I saw the message in my inbox, I almost fell out of my chair. “My first ST message. Hope I didn't do something wrong,” I thought.
So, I'm here and to my understanding: I can still use isOnline, scratchmoji and things of that nature, but I am not allowed to advertise them.
I'm fine this, to be completely honest. And besides, if I wasn't, it's not like I'd have a choice. So, I can live with this new rule.

Same here, but I feel like there should be something that we can do to tell our friends about ######, because it is quite helpful, because we can see when they are online. But oh well, I still will scratch…

when green flag clicked
if <(Scratch) = [Awesome]> then
forever
Imagine
Program Share
end

else
set [Scratch v] to [Awesome]
end

Please click my username if you find funny memes funny and games that
are bad but not bad fun to good. Thanks
RosyStar
Scratcher
10 posts

MClovers wrote:

Wow. Just wow. I'm not trying to be rude but it's the truth.
You guys remove everything for no reason.
There's a perfectly good reason: saftey.

RosyStar
Scratcher
10 posts

will803 wrote:

RosyStar wrote:

That's unfair. I have scratchmoji and isonline and i might not be able to use them anymore (
U can still use them (I have them to along with Master Scratch Userscript and I am Supa Sad now)
yeh a know that. I've already had many replies
RosyStar
Scratcher
10 posts

Carriage wrote:

DON’T GIVE MY SIDE ACCOUNT AN ALERT! I lost its password…

JUST WHATEVER YOU DO DON’T TOUCH MY SIDE ACCOUNT!!

I’m sorry for advertising browser extensions I didn’t realise and I lost its password… please… ST help me………………

PLEASE NO ALERTS! PLEASE!!!!!
It's not an alert for doing something bad, its just an alert to tell you about this
m1ghty_boy
Scratcher
60 posts

World_Languages wrote:

Ok. I'll take a breath and actually implement that in my mind (this is a big change to my Scratch habits) and then I'll see what I'll do with isOnline. Thinking of deleting it from the store would be a good first approach, I guess.

I think they should verify extensions by looking through the source code and/or test it, and disable ones that have not been verified yet or rejected.

-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-
My profie! (Click Here!)

My best project yet! (Click here!) (Last updated: 01/04/16)

My most popular project! (Click here!)

Go here: ScratchDex.weebly.com (ScratchDex has since been discontinued but im keeping this here cuz y not)
NitroCipher
Scratcher
500+ posts

m1ghty_boy wrote:

World_Languages wrote:

Ok. I'll take a breath and actually implement that in my mind (this is a big change to my Scratch habits) and then I'll see what I'll do with isOnline. Thinking of deleting it from the store would be a good first approach, I guess.

I think they should verify extensions by looking through the source code and/or test it, and disable ones that have not been verified yet or rejected.
You can find an open topic about this here: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/284391/

I hope my post helped you in some way! Post count: 500+

Current project: [s3Blocks: scratchblocks rewritten for Scratch 3.0] ::#4b4a60 //https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/290031/ Basically done!
This is my signature identifier “aWFtbml0cm9jaXBoZXI=”
Mateuszlewandowski
Scratcher
96 posts

scratcherjack9000 wrote:

You made all isOnline users lose there crowns. Ouch.

Still

Hello, I'm Mateuszlewandowski

(costume [name v]::looks) // Find the secret costume name block. Its in my shared projects c:
_EIektron_
New to Scratch
17 posts

I understand that the Scratch Team wants extensions not being used for safety reasons. However, what if they were open source? You could see their code, if you don't like what they are doing it is all up to you to decide if you want to have the extension or not. I simply believe extensions make a website better.
290Scratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

acduckii_rises wrote:

rip the ST never lets the community have a say on things like this
Well we'll have to deal with it. Once something is changed, it's not being changed back. We've learnt our lesson from the discuss button.

This is my forum signature, here it's okay to… forget it, you've probably seen hundreds of these signatures before.
https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ <— Click this funny and not suspicious link to get Scratch 4 early!

Joined at the age of 8 and somehow I'm still alive and decently semi-active on the forums.

(Reminder to take care of yourself and stay safe, the world is wild after all)

https://ecosia.org it's good trust me
Slugasaurus
Scratcher
34 posts

This doesn’t really affect me since I don’t use iO anymore…

but…

Are we still allowed to mention them? Like “You should get isOnline!” but not actually having a link to download. Or “ScratchMoji is awesome!” Is that allowed? Also, what about the iO crown? What’ll happen to that?

Why ban isOnlineV2 as well? In case the ST didn’t realise it was also the iO Q&A page, tips page, and tutorial page. iO cannot continue without the Q&A page!

ɪ ʜʀᴇ! ʏ ɴ ʟʟ sɴɪʟᴇᴇ ʀ ʜɪʟ ғʀ sʜʀᴛ! ɪ ɴʏ ɪɴɢ ɢs ɴ ɴɪɪɴs, ʟʏɪɴɢ ɪɴᴇᴄʀᴀғ ɴᴅ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴡ ᴘʀᴏᴊᴇᴄᴛᔕ.
Mateuszlewandowski
Scratcher
96 posts

Slugasaurus wrote:

This doesn’t really affect me since I don’t use iO anymore…

but…

Are we still allowed to mention them? Like “You should get isOnline!” but not actually having a link to download. Or “ScratchMoji is awesome!” Is that allowed? Also, what about the iO crown? What’ll happen to that?

Why ban isOnlineV2 as well? In case the ST didn’t realise it was also the iO Q&A page, tips page, and tutorial page. iO cannot continue without the Q&A page!

I will remove isOnline from my computer

Hello, I'm Mateuszlewandowski

(costume [name v]::looks) // Find the secret costume name block. Its in my shared projects c:
aking_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Thank you for this actually. I honestly have the same mindset as the ST about this, these kinds of things are too sketchy for me, and all the advertising about “IsOnline” has grown old.

Last edited by aking_ (Dec. 1, 2017 20:29:35)

Throws up the deuces and walks out like a G
--Waterfall--
Scratcher
500+ posts

_EIektron_ wrote:

I understand that the Scratch Team wants extensions not being used for safety reasons. However, what if they were open source? You could see their code, if you don't like what they are doing it is all up to you to decide if you want to have the extension or not. I simply believe extensions make a website better.
Yes, I agree

AmazingMech2418
Scratcher
1000+ posts

_EIektron_ wrote:

I agree! That's why I say there should be a filter-bot. Maybe the code could be something like this:
var allowedExtensions = [];
function checkExt(name,codesite,downloadsite) {
var datavar;
$.get(codesite,function(data,status){datavar=data;});
// a code idea for code-based filters
if (datavar.search("a dangerous possible code goes here...")===-1) {
// other filters like this would go inside here and the following code would go inside all of them
var website;
$.get("view-source:"+downloadsite,function(data,status){website=data;});
if(website.search(codesite)!==-1) {
allowedExtensions.push(name);
}
}
}

This code should work but may not. If not, just a few changes would be needed. There could then be an auto-moderator that checks to see if the names or websites of the extensions appear and if they aren't in the allowedExtensions array, they will be replaced with the “**” that is used by manual extension moderators now.

Last edited by AmazingMech2418 (Dec. 1, 2017 21:01:50)

I'm a programmer, ethical hacker, and space nerd!

Last edited by Neil Armstrong (July 20, 1969 20:17:00)

sam
--Waterfall--
Scratcher
500+ posts

AmazingMech2418 wrote:

_EIektron_ wrote:

I agree! That's why I say there should be a filter-bot. Maybe the code could be something like this:
var datavar;
// other filters like this would go inside here and the following code would go inside all of them
var website;
$.get(downloadsite,function(data,status){website=data;});
}
}
}

This code should work but may not. If not, just a few changes would be needed. There could then be an auto-moderator that checks to see if the names or websites of the extensions appear and if they aren't in the allowedExtensions array, they will be replaced with the “**” that is used by manual extension moderators now.
Yes, that would be cool. An auto-moderator that checks that and monitors would be a better solution.

AmazingMech2418
Scratcher
1000+ posts

--Waterfall-- wrote:

AmazingMech2418 wrote:

_EIektron_ wrote:

var datavar;
var website;
$.get(downloadsite,function(data,status){website=data;});
}
}
}

Yes, that would be cool. An auto-moderator that checks that and monitors would be a better solution.
Thank you. Also, if anyone sees this, this was replied to before the latest code fix.

I'm a programmer, ethical hacker, and space nerd!

Last edited by Neil Armstrong (July 20, 1969 20:17:00)

sam
KarateToast
Scratcher
32 posts

What? I don't get involved with this stuff a lot. But they removed my deleted project that was unshared? How does that work?…It's deleted…And…they removed it? What?
ceebee
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

KarateToast wrote:

What? I don't get involved with this stuff a lot. But they removed my deleted project that was unshared? How does that work?…It's deleted…And…they removed it? What?
This was probably done by mistake. Just send a message to Contact Us about it and we'll take a look
-stache-
Scratcher
500+ posts

aking_ wrote:

Thank you for this actually. I honestly have the same mindset as the ST about this, these kinds of things are too sketchy for me, and all the advertising about “IsOnline” has grown old.
You can see the source if you're worried tho (and it asks for specific permissions as do all extensions).

3x3 pb: 13.240
3x3 avg: ~21-26