gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

GoldBackthewebAlext wrote:

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

-siggy snip-
I don't forgive you. jk xd
But please stop, gain your posts honestly.
Next time, comment on my profile about my signature.
Also, most of my posts were gained honestly (as I like to believe ). [/offtopic]

Last edited by gosoccerboy5 (Dec. 27, 2020 01:20:13)

MosesGaming
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pause/Resume

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

dertermenter wrote:

support, but this would be hard to do.

MosesGaming wrote:

Support And Bump!
Why do we support?
Reason, its useful when youre really far into a project and you want to pause what youre seeing incase of a break.

please dont message me i quit scratch
gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

Bump

GoogleInScratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

Support!

You are watching a long animation

You need to pee

But you can't pause, so you end up stopping the project

You go back and end up watching the animation again!

I moved to DualPikachu, meet me there!
-Strife-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pause/Resume

support if there is an option to enalbe/distable for each project

sup
the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

No support. It would break so many cloud projects, and it's not very necessary. I could've sworn I saw this get rejected in the past, but maybe not. If a project doesn't have a pause button, it wasn't meant to be paused.

GoogleInScratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

the2000 wrote:

No support. It would break so many cloud projects, and it's not very necessary. I could've sworn I saw this get rejected in the past, but maybe not. If a project doesn't have a pause button, it wasn't meant to be paused.
How? How would it break cloud projects?

the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

GoogleInScratch wrote:

the2000 wrote:

Because they rely on a constant stream of data from all of its users, and if they stop sending signals they're expected not to return? How would it not break cloud projects?

GoogleInScratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

the2000 wrote:

GoogleInScratch wrote:

the2000 wrote:

Because they rely on a constant stream of data from all of its users, and if they stop sending signals they're expected not to return? How would it not break cloud projects?
Oh, okay.

portalpower
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

the2000 wrote:

GoogleInScratch wrote:

the2000 wrote:

I really don't know a way pausing the scripts would break it if it doesn't break when the stop sign is clicked

thank you for reading my post and have a nice day!
shift+down to view my signature

idk what to put here.
the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

portalpower wrote:

the2000 wrote:

I really don't know a way pausing the scripts would break it if it doesn't break when the stop sign is clicked
You do have a slightly good point, but you do have to remember that the user doesn't just press the stop sign, they press the stop sign and then click the green flag. Even if I'm wrong on this, I still don't support. I just don't think Scratch needs a pause button, and it's never been something that Scratch or its projects were built around.

portalpower
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

the2000 wrote:

portalpower wrote:

the2000 wrote:

You do have a slightly good point, but you do have to remember that the user doesn't just press the stop sign, they press the stop sign and then click the green flag.
I still don't get how that would break a fairly hard to break cloud project

but I just realized this could happen
1. person pauses
2. the project disconnects them from the server
3. another user joins the spot the other user left
4. the user resumes
5. the game gets glitched into thinking there are 2 users in 1 spot
6. the game breaks

thank you for reading my post and have a nice day!
shift+down to view my signature

idk what to put here.
the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

portalpower wrote:

I still don't get how that would break a fairly hard to break cloud project
I think advanced cloud Scratch projects are like a tower of cards; nudge one piece of it just a little bit and the entire thing comes toppling down. Maybe I'm just a bad programmer though

GoogleInScratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

the2000 wrote:

I could've sworn I saw this get rejected in the past.
I didn't see it in the rejected in the official list of rejected suggestions.

FanaticReturns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

(reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)

I'm a retired scratcher since May 28th 2023.
GoogleInScratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

FanaticReturns wrote:

(reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)
Please, do not blockspam.

the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

GoogleInScratch wrote:

I didn't see it in the rejected in the official list of rejected suggestions.
A couple things have been removed from the list of rejected suggestions over the years, I think. The “ignore list” isn't right now, but me just bringing it up might cause it to be re-added, because I'm pretty sure it wasn't removed on purpose. Maybe this wasn't though, I don't know

MosesGaming
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pause/Resume

Bringing this post up…

please dont message me i quit scratch
yamcrunchy
Scratcher
26 posts

Pause/Resume

you could use
define sa-pause

——
@yamcrunchy
happy scratcher
Rendangbike2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

Support! Let's say you're in a game and you can't pause, This would be really helpful if you wanna take a break or something.