Discuss Scratch

SONIC_ULTIMATE23
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pause/Resume

Turbowarp has a pause button which works fine so I think scratch can implement it
Piggygirl3838
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pause/Resume

Support.

My question would be:

Would it pause forever blocks? I think so, but the forever block is intended to go… well… forever!

This might be confusing, but I agree with all of the supporters

My excuse for being too lazy to make a signature: it was the evil kumquats, we must all hide!
mumu245
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

Piggygirl3838 wrote:

Support.

My question would be:

Would it pause forever blocks? I think so, but the forever block is intended to go… well… forever!

This might be confusing, but I agree with all of the supporters
It would pause them, but they would return once it's unpaused.

select this text then press Ctrl+Shift+Down to read more
ALLEN_VAN
Scratcher
43 posts

Pause/Resume

Dupe (I think

forever
Projects:: looks
Peers:: looks
Passion:: looks
Play:: looks
end

Projects: Give people the opportunity to make something they like, and pave the way from an idea to the creation.:: looks reporter
Peers: Work with, encourage, exchange ideas with, and make something that builds on the ideas of others.:: looks reporter
Passion: One should make something that means a lot to them, for special motivation against challenges.:: looks reporter
Play: Try new things, take risks, and explore various possibilities.:: looks reporter
54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

ALLEN_VAN wrote:

Dupe (I think
Do you have the link? Remember, this may be the original if it's the oldest.

Everything below the grey line right above is my signature. By the way, my signature isn't related to my post in case you didn't know.
Welcome to the world of @54387a!™
Try out my projects.
To donate an internet, go here.
Go here to check if your suggestion is rejected. To check if your topic is a duplicate, use ocular. Remember, don't post on irrelevant topics otherwise that's necroposting. By the way, if you feel like your project/studio was wrongfully taken down, tell the Scratch Team through Contact Us.
Whenever you see something that looks clearly offensive and/or something not Scratch-appropriate, report it.
Purple specimen

Creating Content since October 2022
1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
PaperMarioReturns
Scratcher
82 posts

Pause/Resume

Bump because dupe.

Hi! It's PaperMarioFan here, but you can just call me Return since I go by that name now. I have moved to this account to get away from my main and start fresh, so feel free to stop by and post a comment on my profile.

This is just too good to look at… HOW?? https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/937576613/

Now offering free Amazon returns for only USD 99k! /j
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

54387a wrote:

ALLEN_VAN wrote:

Dupe (I think
Do you have the link? Remember, this may be the original if it's the oldest.
I doubt that's true because the Scratch website had a search button already implemented (it no longer works now and the button was removed twice at 2 points), so people from back when the topic was made likely would've searched first.

NEW: Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Fun_Cupcake_i81: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/850535211/
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @ straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

PaperMarioReturns wrote:

Bump because dupe.

Hello! Welcome to my signature!

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Profile | Ocular | ScratchStats | PostPercent | GitHub Main | Snap!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

I forgor my account password to give an internet ☠

I’ve been a Scratcher since 2021!

My glorious meme section (scroll down to see more)

scratchcode1_2_3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

btw if anyone says variables can fix it, what if you have a character in your game that's doing an animation that's, let's say, 68 frames/costumes long. Adding a big check in there would cause lag as far as I know, plus it's repetitive and annoying.

I am scratchcode1_2_3 I like making projects based on…………………………cubes?
select + shift + scroll down to see my signature | Also, comment on my Comment animations #2 + Bonus Q+A!
when green flag clicked
set [scratchcode v] to [1_2_3]
add [hello] to [list v]
stop [every single project v]
BLOCK
define BLOCK
click green flag

SIGNATURE

I'm very helpful when it comes to coding projects, not very helpful when it comes to art decently helpful when it comes to art (i wrote that a long time ago when i couldn't draw) XD
So, If you need help, I'll be there! (when I'm active, of course)

picture made with awesome-llama's image editor– go check it out: scratch | turbowarp it saves to BBCode and other formats as well

Order on my shop now! Orders open! Need staff.

(#^-^) // this is a circly that is now good! he defends my signature! that bite mark is from the time josueart tried to eat it... 
Oh no! The circly was bitten by josueart!

Bunny_Foo
Scratcher
14 posts

Pause/Resume

megaman100 wrote:

Here's how I imagine it would look like.

pause [ all v]::control

pause [other scripts in this sprite v]::control

You should also have the ability to pause the project as well. In addition, you could unpause the scripts anytime.

unpause [ all v]::control

unpause [other scripts in this sprite v]::control

Oh wow that seem amazing I hope the ST does that
so like:
unpause [all v]

unpause [other scripts in sprite v]

unpause [this script v]

and the same for the pause?

Last edited by Bunny_Foo (March 12, 2024 20:31:35)

define Broadcast to ST
say [MAKE SCRATCH BLUE AGAIN]

get shreked
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pause/Resume

Bringing this topic up.

NEW: Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Fun_Cupcake_i81: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/850535211/
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @ straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
Magudragon
Scratcher
73 posts

Pause/Resume

NO NICRO POSTING!

(ツ)
I made an object show, but with less objects: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34517446/
it could be a treat for Wings of Fire, Sonic, or Dinotrux fans.
Before someone reports this, a moderator said that advertising in signatures is allowed.

Besides that, “Paste this specific quoted sentence into your signature to spread awareness to stop using #art tags for games”
undeterministic
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pause/Resume

Magudragon wrote:

NO NICRO POSTING!
???

plantskym2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pause/Resume

Magudragon wrote:

NO NICRO POSTING!
Do you even know what necro-posting is?

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make. (Credits to ZaChary) My signature thankfully hasn't been eaten by an evil kumquat yet, so I hope it remains that way. My 100th post!! Be sure to follow after watching my animations!!
Please note that I may sometimes give out incorrect information.
Quality > Quantity
Animator
Addicted to forums
Likes helping others
ssvbxx
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pause/Resume

Bump

I'm ssvbxx. I do certain maintenance work on the forums, such as bumping/pointing out dupes. Although this account is technically my main, I use ssvbxx2 more often.

#FreeAdvertising
Magudragon
Scratcher
73 posts

Pause/Resume

plantskym2 wrote:

Magudragon wrote:

NO NICRO POSTING!
Do you even know what necro-posting is?
I was on the wrong page, sorry, besides that, it means when someone posts a comment out of date from the most recent one

(ツ)
I made an object show, but with less objects: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34517446/
Before someone reports this, a moderator said that advertising in signatures is allowed.

Besides that, “Paste this specific quoted sentence into your signature to spread awareness to stop using #art tags for games”
Magudragon
Scratcher
73 posts

Pause/Resume

undeterministic wrote:

Magudragon wrote:

NO NICRO POSTING!
???
read what else I just posted

(ツ)

DangerPuppy10
Scratcher
500+ posts

Pause/Resume

This is what I would think would happen: If a projects are paused. Repeat (10) times blocks would stop, for example. If it just finished it's 4th repeat. And is paused. It will continue 6 more times after paused. Forever blocks would pause. If a separate script is running, and is between a block while paused, the block would finish, then it would pause the script. Music would pause, the camera would freeze, pen would stop moving or drawing. Clones would stop..cloning. One question I have is cloud variables, if somebody pauses with a cloud variable changing, what would happen with it? If somebody pauses the project, would the cloud variable all at once stop too? No longer updating? Or would it still change according to other cloud variables, not the script?

I shall

Workaround chart:

AZBIDABOI
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pause/Resume

Avaliable with Turbowarp and (removed by moderator - please don't name browser extensions)

Last edited by Paddle2See (April 15, 2024 14:23:54)

kokaAOALAAKAOKAOkokoko ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎