Discuss Scratch

Kitty0730
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Synchronize Trilogy: rants, excerpts, and anything that belongs in a pigpen

cheese-duck wrote:

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE I FINISHED FIRELIGHT
YAYYYYY

thIS CAN'T BE THE CREDITS YOU WERE THE LIMELIGHT, YOU WERE THE LIMELIGHT GIRL AND I'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER AND I'M NEVER GOING TO RECOVER!!1!!
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kitty0730 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE I FINISHED FIRELIGHT
YAYYYYY
i just got a notification in gmail telling me to finish it…
oof
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

YEE I WROTE 2100 WORDS YESTERDAY
^ignore that totally-not-bragging please, thanks

umm here's some cr4p. specifically the cover of firelight with my name chopped off…

all the covers kinda follow that design, i guess…

Edit: word filter.

Last edited by cheese-duck (Jan. 14, 2018 12:37:39)

Starsaurus
Scratcher
500+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

umm here's some cr4p. specifically the cover of firelight with my name chopped off…

that is some of the finest cover design i have seen my dude. did you make it yourself?

also i cant believe i never clicked on this in your sig >_< ill have to read some of it sometime

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/219215/ <=== stories, ideas, poems, etc.
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/211523/ <=== the Allergreen Universe

No parking lot is ever full when you're driving a tank!
Idk bout you, but I'd be kinda worried if my soul looked like a giant flaming eyeball. Just sayin.
“When the last machine is built, when the last device is invented, there will always be room for someone to tell a story.” -Hans Zimmer
“Ain't I killed you before…?” -McCree
“i cant think of another quote to add bc its 12:20 AM :3” -me
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Starsaurus wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

that is some of the finest cover design i have seen my dude. did you make it yourself?

also i cant believe i never clicked on this in your sig >_< ill have to read some of it sometime
t h a n k

yeah it's kinda hard to read all this cr4p cause most of it is me ranting about… synchro.
i recall you posting something a while back on page 4 or somethin actually
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

whee it's art time again.

all of this is synchro related. remember that puffsqueelie thing from the ancient days? well yeah. marco is a puffsqueelie. i was planning on giving spore a bunch o' pets and marco and lumee were two of them, as well as lielle the falcon and cebres the scorpion. i wound up cutting out lumee because it didn't fit, and most of the pets wound up… kinda just getting mentioned once or twice. like ginny's pygmy puff. (actually, i cut out lielle and named terry's phoenix lielle instead, and cebres isn't really a pet.)
then there's two drawings of eric (this is how he looks in the third book. he now wears his hair in a ponytail, wears a green scarf year-round, and has this weird arm contraption thing that acts as an extension of his nervous system because the volioccisaur destroyed some of his nerves, basically paralyzing his arm) as well as ada quill, one of my new favorite characters. i'm really proud of these three drawings for some odd reason. the first one maybe cause i succeeded in not making jet too good-looking. and i guess i like the shading for ada. it actually contributes to the drawing, heh…
over 50% of the drawings of people i make don't have their lower half. yee. (for the jetstream lineart it was because he wound up in a weird position.) also it seems like i tend to not draw people smiling?? unless it's hilbert??
all of this was made on adobe ideas

gosh dang it i just realized the bits of hair on the sides of jet's face are too short in the first pic. gah.
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Useless fun fact: Kayor is ambidextrous. Also, he used to play the cello and became quite good at playing it with his hands reversed.

u mad ada
Kitty0730
Scratcher
100+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

Useless fun fact: Kayor is ambidextrous. Also, he used to play the cello and became quite good at playing it with his hands reversed.

u mad ada
^_^
Sorry I haven't been on here very frequently…
But great job on Firelight! : DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Last edited by Kitty0730 (Feb. 6, 2018 00:38:27)

thIS CAN'T BE THE CREDITS YOU WERE THE LIMELIGHT, YOU WERE THE LIMELIGHT GIRL AND I'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER AND I'M NEVER GOING TO RECOVER!!1!!
Blobfish993
Scratcher
500+ posts

Okay, I have a question several, actually:
1. When are these going to be published?
2. How are you motivated to actually write instead of let this just sit on your desk?
3. How would you feel if this became a movie?

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kitty0730 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

u mad ada
^_^
Sorry I haven't been on here very frequently…
But great job on Firelight! : DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
yers thank : DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Blobfish993 wrote:

Okay, I have a question several, actually:
1. When are these going to be published?
2. How are you motivated to actually write instead of let this just sit on your desk?
3. How would you feel if this became a movie?
1. idk. Maybe never, maybe in a few years, maybe twenty years later, maybe when I'm dead and some desperate author who just wants money hacks into my Google drive and turns it into an abomination that sells big and winds up awakening me from the dead and then i wind up… er never mind
2. I'm not writing this novel. It's writing me.
3. “They'll just abandon the project because it's so hard to make into a movie and I'm too picky about what the characters look like” (seriously I've thought about that. the perspective switches and the heaps of internal dialogue and the sheer length… don't make for a good movie.)

anyway thanks for the questions : DDDDDDD
i like to talk about my book… i'm totally not a selfish butthole…
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HOW TO SURVIVE GETTING HIT BY A SOLID DEATH SENTENCE
Step 1. Be Kayor.

or, alternatively,
HOW TO WRITE LIKE ME
Step 1. Pick a character.
Step 2. Favor that character and make everything about them for a few chapters
Step 3. Profit

seriously though why is everything revolving around kayor now
Blobfish993
Scratcher
500+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

HOW TO SURVIVE GETTING HIT BY A SOLID DEATH SENTENCE
Step 1. Be Kayor.

or, alternatively,
HOW TO WRITE LIKE ME
Step 1. Pick a character.
Step 2. Favor that character and make everything about them for a few chapters
Step 3. Profit

seriously though why is everything revolving around kayor now
That's how I write, pretty much.

Kitty0730
Scratcher
100+ posts

Do you plan on getting other artists to work on the art or something? (Like cover art, maybe illustrated pages and stuff)

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kitty0730 wrote:

Do you plan on getting other artists to work on the art or something? (Like cover art, maybe illustrated pages and stuff)
huh. probably, considering i can't cover art.
but then again, i am super picky about how they look…

“no. evlon's eyebrows need to be 1 degree more slanted. also, renx's eyes are #a3b9a2, not #a3b9a3. and eric's side bangs are supposed to be half an inch longer. don't ask me how i know all these things…”
Blobfish993
Scratcher
500+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

Kitty0730 wrote:

“no. evlon's eyebrows need to be 1 degree more slanted. also, renx's eyes are #a3b9a2, not #a3b9a3. and eric's side bangs are supposed to be half an inch longer. don't ask me how i know all these things…”
What a fun colour.

What's wrong with the other color?

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Kitty0730 wrote:

What a fun colour.

it's not PERFECT :D enough.
coughsygmiuscoughcough
Blobfish993
Scratcher
500+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Kitty0730 wrote:

What a fun colour.

coughsygmiuscoughcough
They're the exact same color.

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Kitty0730 wrote:

What a fun colour.

coughsygmiuscoughcough
They're the exact same color.
But #a3b9a2 has more PERFECT :D essense than #a3b9a3 does.
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

so i might be starting this little doodad fricky in which i write screwy, unrevised little side story thingymabobs for the fun of it here. they'll be really rough and might raise plot holes but. eh. they probably won't affect the actual story, and details mentioned in them might fall in the pit of non-canon. whee.

alright lets see.

POV: Kayor Rhynvox
TIME: Summer before beginning of Scorpio
Whenever I walked past my orange suitcase sitting by the doorway, I thought about tomorrow.
Leaving. Away from home and family until winter break. I'd done that before, when I went to Drackhaver. But it was different this time, because it felt like I'd be leaving for good.
Soon I'd be on my own… I'd have to get a job and buy a house and pay for everything myself…
At five o'clock Dad asked me if I wanted to do anything special that night. Maybe going out for dinner. Inviting friends over. Anything.
“No, it's fine,” I said.
“Really? No friends you want to say bye to? I could invite Celia. Or Juliana and Eric.”
“No, none of my friends are close enough.”
“Okay, then. Just the two of us.”
“That's good enough.”
Maybe I should have felt differently now that I was about to step into independence and adulthood, but I leaned against Dad and let him hug me.
“Shame your mother never had the chance to see you become a man,” he said.
“Hey, no one will. I bet I'll never really grow up.”
We stood in the space between the dining room and the kitchen, laughing together. Enjoying our last night together. The air almost had a bittersweet smell at that moment. I found myself trying to hold back tears.
I tried to go to bed early that night, even though from past experience I knew that I wouldn't be able to fall asleep anyway.
Before I headed upstairs, I glanced at my suitcase. Something was missing.
With a hesitant smile, I ran to the room that we'd dubbed the Music Room and grabbed my cello. I'd miss that room. The ever-shining grand piano that no one really played anymore now that Mom was gone. The violin case next to it, also untouched after her death. The stacks upon stacks of sheet music that lay haphazardly on the shelves and tables.
“Are you really bringing that?” Dad asked from behind me.
“Yep.”
“It's too much to carry.”
“Well, music is worth it.”
He gave a sigh that was so long I had time to wonder when it would end. “Okay, then.”

Dad made no attempt to make me feel like an adult the next day. He did all the work for me, carrying my suitcase while I carried my cello, signing me in at my dormitory. I was only the slightest bit embarrassed when he accompanied me to my room, even when my roommate saw him.
“You're good for now, right?” he said. “I'll hologram you in a few hours.”
He handed me my suitcase.
“Yeah,” I said. “Bye.”
Of course, he didn't leave until he hugged me again.
I had a good feeling about my roommate as soon as I saw him. He didn't look too cool or mature for me, for one thing. A blue sweatshirt and clashing pants that looked like they hadn't been ironed since the beginning of time. Equally sloppy blond hair and big blue glasses.
“Hey,” he said before I could set down my cello. “Nice to meet you. I'm Brycen Oliver Jayce-Ladrione. But you can call me Bryce.”
I stared at him for a moment. Maybe this would be a crazy year.
“You're Kayor Rhynvox, right? The person at the registration desk told me.”
“Yeah, that's me.”
“Let me guess, you're majoring in something art-related.”
“Well… no, actually. Biotic Studies, like my dad. I'm going to be taking care of creatures and stuff.”
“Nice! Dragons are fun. I'm a medical major. I like thinking about real-world problems in crazy ways, for instance asking all my friends if I'm allowed to watch if they wind up needing surgery. Which is why I'll ask you if you get hurt a lot.”
“No, but Dad said the dragons can get crazy here…”
“Nice. Count on me if we get stranded somewhere, I know plenty of first-aid.”
I gave him a smirk. Just like I thought. This was going to be a crazy year. But Bryce settled my nervousness over the possibility of a terrible roommate. Maybe he'd be annoying, but we'd be friends.
I glanced at the single bed in the corner of the room, then pointed at it. “You can sleep there. I'll take the floor.”

The warning about the dragons wasn't enough.
I signed up for a class entirely devoted to taking care of them. The classroom was located next to the dragon field, with a wall-sized window so that I could stare out at them longingly for the entire first class.
The second day, Dr. InsertNameHere took us out to meet them.
He considered me, as well as two other people, the most experienced students, and dragged us over to the biggest hatchling– a bronze-scaled, hyperactive beast.
“His name's Lyxxom,” Dr. InsertNameHere said. “He's a bit aggressive, or… I should say, rather aggressive. But he just likes to play rough. He doesn't mean to hurt you.”
I trusted that for five minutes. Then his words sounded like a lie.
As I reached out to tickle Lyxxom, he gave me a playful talon swipe that landed too close to my right arm. So close, in fact, that it left several bleeding scratch marks.
“Ow– quit that, it hurts!”
I laughed the first time, but as I wiped the blood off on my shirt, Lyxxom grinned and leaped up in the air. I backed away too slowly. Everyone behind me stared at the scene with apprehensive looks– then Lyxxom dove at me, shoving me into the ground and digging his claws into my shoulder. A moment later he gave me an affectionate lick on the face.

yee i had more but it wound up really bad and embarrassing so i cut it out and saved it in a google drive doc, heh (partially because i am utterly clueless on what to do if a dargon mauls you and you're bleeding everywhere)
it's rough
i'm not going to bother re-reading all that cr4p