Discuss Scratch

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Synchronize Trilogy: rants, excerpts, and anything that belongs in a pigpen

Kitty0730 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

MAGICAL COMMUNITIES AND HOUSEHOLDS

ok i dropped the title thingymajig but whatever.
Magicians typically live in small communities with other magicians– one example would be Leode Valley, where the Sorans live, which surprisingly is not located in Karesa and Leode's region. I bet the name has some historical significance, but at the time i just couldnt think of another name so i named it after Leode, and Devon Soran's a Lapillopath anyway, so eh. These communities are small because larger areas would be easier to discover by non-magicians. Usually everyone in the town knows each other too, and everyone has nice big yards to practice magic in, so it's pretty nice.
Anyway some magicians live among non-magicians– all three of the main characters do (Eric's family chose to; the Nethiruses are so bad at magic that they basically blend in; the Chens are non-magicians besides Scorpio). If you're not lousy at magic like the Nethiruses, then you'd probably have some trouble concealing yourself. You have to practice where no one can see you, sometimes magicians don't know whats normal and what isn't, etc. though i believe i said that the Willinghams didnt attempt to look normal because their originally-ordinary suburb house was covered in vines.

Now onto individual households.
While magic houses may not all be like the Burrow, they tend to be rather wild. Magicians like to show off their powers, for instance. A house covered in vines says “Heyyy i'm a Sylvanoran! check it out!” Lots of gems and expensive-lookin cr4p says “Yo ahma Lapillopath so keep your wallet out of mah reach.” so magicians tend to like flashy decorations. and since theres expansion charms ‘n’ stuff, they can be big hoarders (for instance the living room in the Willinghams' house had couches stacked on top of each other). pets are also more common ‘cause you know, with magic it’s a bit easier to take care of ‘em. (Eric has two cats, a dog, and five lizards. he used to have a fat guinea pig, but then it died. then again, the lizards died too. technically.)
each family has its own traditions, of course. and the surrounding tradition in the neighborhood or region counts too. traditions tend to be divided up not only by country but also by Dragonblood region. so american magicians living in aefeld and caieth might have very different traditions (wait, that example sucks because it’s america and y'know, diversity ‘n’ stuff, but oh well). and also some families specialize in a certain kind of magic, or a certain power runs in the family, and they ‘worship’ a different dragonblood or somethin, like yknow celia and pascal are always praying to kytra or somethin cause theyre firoblasts. (wait, celia and pascal arent related. in fact i think their families come from two completely different parts of the world. eh.) anyway though the dragonbloods play a big role in culture. like, Gailetians don't care about pants! and Valedairans are obsessed with pants! all sortsa weird stuffs. (and whatever kyt and hireiyo's region is values bravery and action ‘n’ stuff; valedair loves art and making stuff; caieth loves growing things, etc.)

yeah that got off topic.

eh, well, you got your first relevant post in ages! and thats an accomplishment!

thats it bye
WHOO! Back to productivity.
well you anyways
actually not really because i only wrote 4 lines in firelight this morning… cri…
cactus_bob
Scratcher
100+ posts

¯\_(ov^vo)_/¯

bee
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

so i said earlier that i'm being incredibly unproductive

yeahh i think that's called writer's block

anyway though this is like a different writer's block than normal. it's not like “HELP I'M STUCK, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THIS SCENE” writer's block. it's like. “I don't want to write. I just don't want to.” and the fact that the scene i'm at is incredibly uneventful and already badly written/planned doesn't help. but it's not just the uneventful scene factor. writing has basically started feeling more like something i make myself do cause i have to finish firelight by jan. 20th. i'm not really doing it cause i want to. well, to an extent, i am, because i'm not forced to write this or anything, i decided to. and i still want to write firelight. but right now, however much i hate it, my mindset is basically, “I wish i could just wake up on Jan. 20th and find that Firelight is done.”
it's kinda like i'm not super obsessed and passionate anymore. just a couple weeks ago i was talking non-stop about corsian and drawing lotsa synchro cr4p and all. then bam. suddenly i'm all “nooo i don't wanna wriiiite.” and like all the characters i worked so hard to make realistic feel fake. and i hate that because i still love synchronize, and without it i'm basically aimless and wandering around like “idk what to do. i'm unoriginal. i'm uncreative.” and the thing is i hate being uncreative. my life revolves around creating things. and the things i create revolve around passion. and now my passion deserts me. and then all the creativeness goes poof and my life just stops and i'm confused and angry and bored.
it's like how N said that you need to have a dream or somethin and he's all salty if you say “no” when he asks you if you have a dream. like i feel like N realizing that Pokemon have no emotions. i mean of course thats not true, but if he realized that, his life would basically collapse right?
…except i probably shouldn't use N as an example… because I feel like this is all because of him.
(No i'm not blaming everything on you, little carrot nugget. you're still amazing.)
Ok lemme restate that: this is all because I searched up Professor Sycamore and then clicked on his Bulbapedia page and then clicked on a link to the Pokemon Professors Bulbapedia page and then clicked on a link to Colress and then clicked on a link to Ghetsis and then clicked on a link to N. And then got obsessed with N.
I don't think i can be obsessed with two things at the same time.
And i'm not sure if i can be obsessed with the same thing twice.
So it's like being obsessed with N made me not obsessed with Synchro and now I can't find any interest in Synchro anymore but i still want to, it's like a closed topic that everyone still cares about, or an unshared project that had so many loves and faves, or a user who has left even after pleads to stay.
i hate this.

Anyway ignore all that, I'm sure I'll get writing again soon. that was just a vent. And also, the ‘can’t be obsessed with two things at once' is TOTALLY not true, because i've been obsessed with both cheese and Synchronize for ages.

aww yis i just ate cheeeeeeeeeez
Kitty0730
Scratcher
100+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

so i said earlier that i'm being incredibly unproductive

yeahh i think that's called writer's block

anyway though this is like a different writer's block than normal. it's not like “HELP I'M STUCK, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THIS SCENE” writer's block. it's like. “I don't want to write. I just don't want to.” and the fact that the scene i'm at is incredibly uneventful and already badly written/planned doesn't help. but it's not just the uneventful scene factor. writing has basically started feeling more like something i make myself do cause i have to finish firelight by jan. 20th. i'm not really doing it cause i want to. well, to an extent, i am, because i'm not forced to write this or anything, i decided to. and i still want to write firelight. but right now, however much i hate it, my mindset is basically, “I wish i could just wake up on Jan. 20th and find that Firelight is done.”
it's kinda like i'm not super obsessed and passionate anymore. just a couple weeks ago i was talking non-stop about corsian and drawing lotsa synchro cr4p and all. then bam. suddenly i'm all “nooo i don't wanna wriiiite.” and like all the characters i worked so hard to make realistic feel fake. and i hate that because i still love synchronize, and without it i'm basically aimless and wandering around like “idk what to do. i'm unoriginal. i'm uncreative.” and the thing is i hate being uncreative. my life revolves around creating things. and the things i create revolve around passion. and now my passion deserts me. and then all the creativeness goes poof and my life just stops and i'm confused and angry and bored.
it's like how N said that you need to have a dream or somethin and he's all salty if you say “no” when he asks you if you have a dream. like i feel like N realizing that Pokemon have no emotions. i mean of course thats not true, but if he realized that, his life would basically collapse right?
…except i probably shouldn't use N as an example… because I feel like this is all because of him.
(No i'm not blaming everything on you, little carrot nugget. you're still amazing.)
Ok lemme restate that: this is all because I searched up Professor Sycamore and then clicked on his Bulbapedia page and then clicked on a link to the Pokemon Professors Bulbapedia page and then clicked on a link to Colress and then clicked on a link to Ghetsis and then clicked on a link to N. And then got obsessed with N.
I don't think i can be obsessed with two things at the same time.
And i'm not sure if i can be obsessed with the same thing twice.
So it's like being obsessed with N made me not obsessed with Synchro and now I can't find any interest in Synchro anymore but i still want to, it's like a closed topic that everyone still cares about, or an unshared project that had so many loves and faves, or a user who has left even after pleads to stay.
i hate this.

Anyway ignore all that, I'm sure I'll get writing again soon. that was just a vent. And also, the ‘can’t be obsessed with two things at once' is TOTALLY not true, because i've been obsessed with both cheese and Synchronize for ages.

aww yis i just ate cheeeeeeeeeez
I just read your struggles and hardships (in writing), but in the end, you live up to your name. haha so funny
im so sorry

Anyways, I feel like Writer's Block (or any kind of ‘block’) can be interpreted in many different ways, but in the end it just comes down to what you just said. Things like not knowing what to do, feeling uncreative and not wanting to write. Say, if your story isn't coming together the way you wanted it to, you would feel uncreative, you wouldn't know what to do, and that would eventually lead to not wanting to write. I think that's example enough.
So, I've been having the same kind of block with my writing and my visual arts, nothing I do in both seems right, and that's saddening to me since I love doing both those things. T^T
I actually think I'm gonna scrap one of the stories I was gonna make.
I haven't really pulled through it yet, and this is one of the longest lasting ‘block’s to me, since it lasted for about 3 or 4 months (and holding). But I think I know why it's not going away. So my advice for you to get rid of the ‘block’s is for you to just write. Even if you don't want to. (which is the exact opposite of what I'm doing, but eh) This is actually the kind of thing professionals are doing. i think, i only know with visual art but it should be the same. also, not that I'm saying you're not a professional, i just mean a publisher and stuff This is what you should be doing, so you eventually get used to writing. The ‘block’ should fade away when you keep writing and writing.
I hope I (sort of) helped!
: P
Also congrats on getting to the end

thIS CAN'T BE THE CREDITS YOU WERE THE LIMELIGHT, YOU WERE THE LIMELIGHT GIRL AND I'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER AND I'M NEVER GOING TO RECOVER!!1!!
Kitty0730
Scratcher
100+ posts

Also
Three more posts until 100!

thIS CAN'T BE THE CREDITS YOU WERE THE LIMELIGHT, YOU WERE THE LIMELIGHT GIRL AND I'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER AND I'M NEVER GOING TO RECOVER!!1!!
Kitty0730
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kitty0730 wrote:

Also
ohboynowit's1

Last edited by Kitty0730 (Sept. 1, 2017 23:28:11)

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kitty0730 wrote:

Kitty0730 wrote:

Also
ohboynowit's1
ovo

also thanks for the advice.
i'll try.

though i still feel like N o_o
Kitty0730
Scratcher
100+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

Kitty0730 wrote:

Kitty0730 wrote:

Also
ohboynowit's1
ovo

i'll try.

lol it's ok, it should take some time ^o^
aahhhhh 100 oOo

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kitty0730 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Kitty0730 wrote:

Kitty0730 wrote:

Also
ohboynowit's1
ovo

i'll try.

lol it's ok, it should take some time ^o^
aahhhhh 100 oOo
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

(bass boosted. That's how to show enthoosiazm. Bass boost your applause.)
-penandpaper-
Scratcher
100+ posts

sup fam

there's no place like index

why do Java programmers wear glasses? because they can't c#
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-penandpaper- wrote:

sup fam
the volioccisaur fam

actually sygmius's volioccisaur lives underground but whatever
-penandpaper-
Scratcher
100+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

sup fam
the volioccisaur fam

actually sygmius's volioccisaur lives underground but whatever
yesh

Kitty0730
Scratcher
100+ posts

-penandpaper- wrote:

sup fam
eyyyy wASSUP

-penandpaper-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kitty0730 wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

sup fam
eyyyy wASSUP
trying to learn a little js ;-;
you?

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-penandpaper- wrote:

Kitty0730 wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

sup fam
eyyyy wASSUP
you?
i learned like one thing about java!
and then forgot most of it.

System.out.println(“frick”);
Kitty0730
Scratcher
100+ posts

-penandpaper- wrote:

Kitty0730 wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

sup fam
eyyyy wASSUP
you?
Worrying about school :, )

Kitty0730
Scratcher
100+ posts

My favorite book is Magical Rainbow Pony Girl and the Curse of the Fairy Princess
now give me a cookie

Kitty0730
Scratcher
100+ posts

Magical Rainbow Pony Girl and the Curse of the Fairy Princess

cheptr 1
oenc opon a tiem, Magical Rainbow Pony Girl wint 2 her frens howse an then Magical Rainbow Pony Girl sed
“haylo, ken i hev a kukie?” butt t hen her fren say
“soury, nu” But Magical Rainbow Pony Girl get sad an sey
“butt wai, frenkie?” (her nem wass frenkie.) t hen frenkie sed
“dis kukie is verry pouisones bcuz it deos nut hev da speshal megical flouwer”
“o i c” sey Magical Rainbow Pony Girl “whayr ken we finde dis speshal megical flouwer?”

2 bee continue

Cherryespeon122
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kitty0730 wrote:

Magical Rainbow Pony Girl and the Curse of the Fairy Princess

cheptr 1
oenc opon a tiem, Magical Rainbow Pony Girl wint 2 her frens howse an then Magical Rainbow Pony Girl sed
“haylo, ken i hev a kukie?” butt t hen her fren say
“soury, nu” But Magical Rainbow Pony Girl get sad an sey
“butt wai, frenkie?” (her nem wass frenkie.) t hen frenkie sed
“dis kukie is verry pouisones bcuz it deos nut hev da speshal megical flouwer”
“o i c” sey Magical Rainbow Pony Girl “whayr ken we finde dis speshal megical flouwer?”

2 bee continue
amazinf bok.
wold reed 11/6.2

"it isn't that i don't like talking;
it's that i'm lazy and i don't wake up until the afternoon."

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kitty0730 wrote:

My favorite book is Magical Rainbow Pony Girl and the Curse of the Fairy Princess
now give me a cookie
heer u goe
its a cookiee

ejnoy (:::