500+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

OnionWitch wrote:

_Six wrote:

OnionWitch wrote:

_Six wrote:

OnionWitch wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

Today was fine for me, aside from the fact that I am thoroughly unprepared for tomorrow.
Today is May Day! I don't have to go to school!
Nice. It's still April 30th for me sadly. And I still have to go to school tomorrow.
WHAAAA You guys don't have May Day? Or Labour Day?
I mean, we some people here still celebrate May Day, I guess. Our labour day here isn't until later in the year, though.
You learn new things everyday…
For us, May Day = Labour Day

You have good English
That makes sense.

And thanks you.

“We've all got light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
-Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling

“'I don’t know; I still like the name Six. Maren Elizabeth was when I was a different person, and right now Six just feels right. It can be short for something if someone asks.'
Sam looks over. ‘For what? Sixty?’”
-The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

“I hear a voice
'You must learn to stand up for yourself
Cause I can't always be around.'”
-Tori Amos, Winter

XxOwl31xX
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

XxOwl31xX wrote:

Name: Mary Jane Bobwhite
House Head?: Yes: Hufflepuff
Classes: Choir and Muggle Studies

Patronus: A bobwhite

Personality: Kind and loving, but also firm in class. Tough grader!

Appearance: A short, middle-aged witch (maybe 5'3" or somewhere around there). Normally wears a crisp and pressed black Muggle business suit with bobwhite bow tie, but relaxes her fashions on the weekends. She cannot walk, but does use a Muggle wheelchair.

Talents: Singing, playing instruments (especially piano, organ, and cello), and blending into a crowd. She also can repair instruments for Muggles without magic (that's her summer job).

Weaknesses: Hard labor (she cannot walk and uses a Muggle wheelchair), Charms, and some types of Divination. She also can't resist a scoop of butter pecan ice cream.
Bump

Owl

There is a madness to my method · It is one thing to be clever, but another to be wise · Determination is the wake-up call to the human will
✧ Defy monotony ∞ Knowledge is a weapon, and I intend to be formidably armed ∞ We are born to be real, not perfect ∞ Beautiful faces are everywhere, but beautiful minds are hard to find ✧ I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours

the__ninja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

I just looked up what May Day was…

And holy heck why is there a whole holiday for people to protest in favor of Communism?

The classics never go out of style. This is mainly due to the fact that they are already out of style, and have been for a while now, and thus can't “go out” of style. That said, the reason they're classics and not obscurities from the past is because they're good despite being “out of style”.

GENERATION -705 - 991i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.
girlpower1313
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

OnionWitch wrote:

_Six wrote:

OnionWitch wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

Today was fine for me, aside from the fact that I am thoroughly unprepared for tomorrow.
Nice. It's still April 30th for me sadly. And I still have to go to school tomorrow.
WHAAAA You guys don't have May Day? Or Labour Day?
I don’t have May Day, but I do have Labor Day off (I’m in the us btw, so our Labor Day is September 3

Last edited by girlpower1313 (May 1, 2018 19:14:45)

Taylor Alison Swift wrote:

People haven't always been there for me but music always has.
Hi!!

tinyness
XxOwl31xX
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

XxOwl31xX wrote:

XxOwl31xX wrote:

Name: Mary Jane Bobwhite
House Head?: Yes: Hufflepuff
Classes: Choir and Muggle Studies

Patronus: A bobwhite

Personality: Kind and loving, but also firm in class. Tough grader!

Appearance: A short, middle-aged witch (maybe 5'3" or somewhere around there). Normally wears a crisp and pressed black Muggle business suit with bobwhite bow tie, but relaxes her fashions on the weekends. She cannot walk, but does use a Muggle wheelchair.

Talents: Singing, playing instruments (especially piano, organ, and cello), and blending into a crowd. She also can repair instruments for Muggles without magic (that's her summer job).

Weaknesses: Hard labor (she cannot walk and uses a Muggle wheelchair), Charms, and some types of Divination. She also can't resist a scoop of butter pecan ice cream.
Bump

Hello?

Owl

There is a madness to my method · It is one thing to be clever, but another to be wise · Determination is the wake-up call to the human will
✧ Defy monotony ∞ Knowledge is a weapon, and I intend to be formidably armed ∞ We are born to be real, not perfect ∞ Beautiful faces are everywhere, but beautiful minds are hard to find ✧ I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours

-IcicIe-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

_Six wrote:

OnionWitch wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

um, it's actually may 2 xD

_Six
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

-IcicIe- wrote:

_Six wrote:

OnionWitch wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

Well for you, lol. Right now it's about 4 o'clock May 1st for me. It must be early morning for you there in Australia.

“We've all got light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”

“'I don’t know; I still like the name Six. Maren Elizabeth was when I was a different person, and right now Six just feels right. It can be short for something if someone asks.'

“I hear a voice
-Tori Amos, Winter

RPP-Exploration
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

_Six wrote:

-IcicIe- wrote:

_Six wrote:

OnionWitch wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

Well for you, lol. Right now it's about 4 o'clock May 1st for me. It must be early morning for you there in Australia.
It’s 21:50 May 1st is here.

-IcicIe-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

_Six wrote:

-IcicIe- wrote:

_Six wrote:

OnionWitch wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

Yup XD It's almost 7 am here

_Six
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

-IcicIe- wrote:

_Six wrote:

-IcicIe- wrote:

_Six wrote:

OnionWitch wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

You're up early. Typically I don't wake up/get out of bed until 7ish.

“I hear a voice
-Tori Amos, Winter

XxOwl31xX
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

_Six wrote:

-IcicIe- wrote:

_Six wrote:

-IcicIe- wrote:

_Six wrote:

OnionWitch wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

Same. Normally I get out of bed at 7:30, but my earliest is at 2am.

Owl

_Six
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

XxOwl31xX wrote:

_Six wrote:

-IcicIe- wrote:

_Six wrote:

-IcicIe- wrote:

_Six wrote:

OnionWitch wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

2am? Wow

“I hear a voice
-Tori Amos, Winter

Coder_Annika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

the__ninja wrote:

And holy heck why is there a whole holiday for people to protest in favor of Communism?
Um…so…is “Communityism” where your community (neighborhood) gets together? I have no idea! XD

the__ninja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

Coder_Annika wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

Um…so…is “Communityism” where your community (neighborhood) gets together? I have no idea! XD
… Do you not know what communism is? You didn't learn that in, like, middle school?

Communism is where the government controls everything, including money, industry, etc.

The classics never go out of style. This is mainly due to the fact that they are already out of style, and have been for a while now, and thus can't “go out” of style. That said, the reason they're classics and not obscurities from the past is because they're good despite being “out of style”.

GENERATION -705 - 991i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.
XxOwl31xX
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

_Six wrote:

XxOwl31xX wrote:

_Six wrote:

-IcicIe- wrote:

_Six wrote:

-IcicIe- wrote:

_Six wrote:

OnionWitch wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

2am? Wow
For travel. It only happens once every 3 to 4 years or so.

Owl

Coder_Annika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

the__ninja wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

… Do you not know what communism is? You didn't learn that in, like, middle school?

Communism is where the government controls everything, including money, industry, etc.
Um…I don't wish to share my age/schooling, BUT we have not learned it yet. My school is not teaching it.

the__ninja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

Coder_Annika wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

Um…I don't wish to share my age/schooling, BUT we have not learned it yet. My school is not teaching it.
Well, as you will (I hope) learn eventually, Communism was a big problem from World War 2 until about 1991. Countries such as China and North Korea are still communist to this day, which remains a big problem, especially for the unfortunate citizens of those countries.

OnionWitch
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

the__ninja wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

We celebrate May Day/Labour Day. It's a public holiday here. It officially goes as Labour Day here but people also call it May Day.

Also, here it isn't communism. It is a mark of solidarity among workers ever since the PAP came into power. And last I checked, my country isn't Communist…I think.

I'm sorry

Last edited by OnionWitch (May 2, 2018 08:42:25)

Wa meng ti! Wa meng ti! Kam ye tang, mai chong ti
BlackWolfee
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

OnionWitch wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

We celebrate May Day/Labour Day. It's a public holiday here. It officially goes as Labour Day here but people also call it May Day.

Also, here it isn't communism. It is a mark of solidarity among workers ever since the PAP came into power. And last I checked, my country isn't Communist…I think.

I'm sorry
Our country celebrates May Day as Labour Day. We're not communist too.

We don't get a holiday really…

13 | INFP-A | Ravenclaw | Introvert | Violist | Pianist | bookworm | writer | straight-A student | artist | nerd | science lover |
This shop is advertised courtesy of the Scratch Shop Support Union. Join today to get your shop featured!
the__ninja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

May Day/Labor Day/International Workers' Day was started by commies, to protest in favor of communist demands.

Also, just because a country isn't communist, doesn't mean that people won't protest in favor of communism.
After all, if a country is already communist, there would be no need to protest in favor of communism.

People protest not because they are happy with the way things are, but because they are unhappy with the way things are.
If you wish your country was communist, but it isn't, you might protest in favor of communism.